2007 Hazzard Co. Thanksgiving Wild Turkey Shoot

Val Strate

*Stands out on the courthouse steps to the assembled crowd with clip board in hand*

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I welcome you all to our 3rd annual Hazzard County Thanksgiving Wild Turkey Shoot.

The basic idea of this Turkey shoot is a 'turkey' has been selected to go out in Hazzard Woods and the 'hunters' armed with paintball guns will try to track down the 'turkey' and pelt him with paint balls. Whoever out of the hunters completes this mission will win the game and be declared the Turkey Shooting Champ for 2007. However the Turkey can win, but outlasting everyone till Thanksgiving. In order to be fair, the Turkey must make an appearance at least once in the entire stretch of the contest.

As of right now, your turkey has been nominated and voted on as Brian Coltrane. However he has not made an acceptance of this vote and nomination so I can not officially declare him the turkey.

A proxy turkey will be provided 'if' Mr. Coltrane does not accept the nomination.

The turkey will be armed with an arsenal of his own choosing, that is comprised of anything from paint bombs to delectable Thanksgiving deserts with booby traps in the woods. Be aware for the turkey does fight back!

Hunting will end on Thanksgiving midnight, MST.

So go to your positions and we'll see if the 'turkey' appears for Thanksgiving.

From this point on you are dismissed to find your positions in Hazzard woods and start hunting.

*parks the black Chevy near the woods. Gets out of the car wearing usual black jeans and leather jacket, though festively adorned with a fringe of turkey feathers along the outer seams. Checks face in the side mirror, adding another stripe of black and red war paint, what the hell.*

*Opens the trunk of the car and takes out a five-gallon plastic bucket of instant mashed potatoes. Takes out another five-gallon plastic bucket, this one full of gravy. Sets these down and digs around in trunk some more.*

*Lifts out a 50-pound bag of croutons, sets it down.*

*Removes several gallon-sized jugs of jellied cranberry sauce, sets it down.*

*Removes several boxed pumpkin pies, and what appears to be a huge rubber band that would make a servicable slingshot.*

*Takes out a coil of rope and slings it over shoulder, and hauls out two duffel bags willed with Who Knows What. Thus supplied, begins the tedious process of hauling all this stuff out to the woods, and prepares to defend self against the silly fools who would enter the lair of the Wild Turkey.*

*issues a call of bring-it-on in turkey speak...*

"GOBBLE @#$% GOBBLE!!"

*parks the black Chevy near the woods. Gets out of the car wearing usual black jeans and leather jacket, though festively adorned with a fringe of turkey feathers along the outer seams. Checks face in the side mirror, adding another stripe of black and red war paint, what the hell.*

*Opens the trunk of the car and takes out a five-gallon plastic bucket of instant mashed potatoes. Takes out another five-gallon plastic bucket, this one full of gravy. Sets these down and digs around in trunk some more.*

*Removes several boxed pumpkin pies, and what appears to be a huge rubber band that would make a servicable slingshot.*

*Takes out a coil of rope and slings it over shoulder, and hauls out two duffel bags willed with Who Knows What. Thus supplied, begins the tedious process of hauling all this stuff out to the woods, and prepares to defend self against the silly fools who would enter the lair of the Wild Turkey.*

"GOBBLE @#$% GOBBLE!!"

*A blond man also enters the woods, dressed in usual blue jeans and denim jacket, both hands are around the handles of a wheelbarrow that hes hefting and pushing. He hears the commotion and the shout and grins, then turns and heading towards it. Finally spotting the black leather and feather covered turkey and stops, setting wheelbarrow down and puts up hands in surrender*

Wild Turkey... I too am on the most wanted list for Thanksgiving.

*Looks at the supplies and nods then smiles motioning to the wheelbarrow, which contains two huge square 5 gallon containers with lids on them*

You forgot the rolls and stuffing. *Grins* Turkeys do stick together you know...

*Keeps hands up waiting to see if this wild turkey will allow another to join him in battle*

*a half mile from the woods, a normally uniformed deputy sheriff has traded her uniform for the the clothing required by paintballers. Black pants and tunic with appropritae padding, along with black gloves and a helmet that looks like a cross between a BMX bikers helmet and something from an Imperial Storm Troopers closet finishes the look.*

*standing next to a blue Firebird, adjusts the gloves. On the hood rests a paintball gun, modeled after an Army M-16 carbine. An ammunition belt is slung around the waist and a black back pack is hefted over back. The pack containing various Who The Heck Knows materials*

*in the distance, hears the call of the Wild Turkey.*

*picks up the carbine* "Let the hunt begin..."

*A blond man also enters the woods, dressed in usual blue jeans and denim jacket, both hands are around the handles of a wheelbarrow that hes hefting and pushing. He hears the commotion and the shout and grins, then turns and heading towards it. Finally spotting the black leather and feather covered turkey and stops, setting wheelbarrow down and puts up hands in surrender*

Wild Turkey... I too am on the most wanted list for Thanksgiving.

*Looks at the supplies and nods then smiles motioning to the wheelbarrow, which contains two huge square 5 gallon containers with lids on them*

You forgot the rolls and stuffing. *Grins* Turkeys do stick together you know...

*Keeps hands up waiting to see if this wild turkey will allow another to join him in battle*

*considers the request* "Alex, you're more of a ruffled grouse than a wild turkey. But I could use an ally to draw off enemy fire, so what the hell."

*looks at the wheelbarrows, and sees the labels on the containers* "And do you seriously thinkin' we'll survive paintball hunters by lobbin' dinner rolls at 'em? Are you nuts?"

*considers the request* "Alex, you're more of a ruffled grouse than a wild turkey. But I could use an ally to draw off enemy fire, so what the hell."

*looks at the wheelbarrows, and sees the labels on the containers* "And do you seriously thinkin' we'll survive paintball hunters by lobbin' dinner rolls at 'em? Are you nuts?"

*grinning, lowers hands then pulls off a lid and shows Brian a roll then taps it against the side of the wheelbarrow* These things arent exactly fresh. They're as hard as rocks and you know as well as I do that a hard roll can be a formidable weapon! *laughs then puts the lid back on then grips the handles and lifts the wheelbarrrow moving it among the other Thanksgiving weapons...*

Okay Wild Turkey, I think we're ready for any of those armed hungry hunters.

"GOBBLE @#$% GOBBLE!!"

That’ll look nice in a frame if it turns out. *thinks quietly and puts an older model camera in a brown travel satchel laying on the ground. Notices an item is missing. Grabs the rope strings of the bag in one hand and begins walking back to where a dark green Plymouth Duster is parked, still undecided about joining the hunt. Ready to watch friends and loved ones having fun.*

*a half mile from the woods, a normally uniformed deputy sheriff has traded her uniform for the the clothing required by paintballers. Black pants and tunic with appropritae padding, along with black gloves and a helmet that looks like a cross between a BMX bikers helmet and something from an Imperial Storm Troopers closet finishes the look.*

*standing next to a blue Firebird, adjusts the gloves. On the hood rests a paintball gun, modeled after an Army M-16 carbine. An ammunition belt is slung around the waist and a black back pack is hefted over back. The pack containing various Who The Heck Knows materials*

*in the distance, hears the call of the Wild Turkey.*

*picks up the carbine* "Let the hunt begin..."

*pulls up behind deputy and waves, getting out of teal '68 Mustang.*

"Heya MaryAnne. Good Luck. Let me know if you want any help tracking down those smarmy turkey's. Sides, we's hunters need to watch each other's backs! There's no tellin' what those two have planned.

*reaches into back seat and pulls out a decent, regulation paintball gun and padding and starts putting the padding on.*

YOu want to hunt together as a team Deputy?

*pulls up behind deputy and waves, getting out of teal '68 Mustang.*

"Heya MaryAnne. Good Luck. Let me know if you want any help tracking down those smarmy turkey's. Sides, we's hunters need to watch each other's backs! There's no tellin' what those two have planned.

*reaches into back seat and pulls out a decent, regulation paintball gun and padding and starts putting the padding on.*

YOu want to hunt together as a team Deputy?

*walks over to Hilery's Mustang where the young Davenport is suiting up* "You know, that's not a bad idea. You're right, them turkey's out there are pretty smarmy. We should probably stick together." *grins*

*walks over to Hilery's Mustang where the young Davenport is suiting up* "You know, that's not a bad idea. You're right, them turkey's out there are pretty smarmy. We should probably stick together." *grins*

They are among the smarmiest! So where should we start looking for them first? *Finishes suiting up and picks up standard paintgun rifle, but stops and thinks for a second* We need a special call they won't recognise as anything out of the ordinary if we decide to split up or get seperated.

They are among the smarmiest! So where should we start looking for them first? *Finishes suiting up and picks up standard paintgun rifle, but stops and thinks for a second* We need a special call they won't recognise as anything out of the ordinary if we decide to split up or get seperated.

"Well I'm pretty sure I heard the distinct call of one black clad turkey coming from that direction." *points off to the right* "So we'll head that way. As for a special call....we don't have to worry about that. I've got just the thing..." *walks back to Maverick, pops the trunk and removes two hand held radios. Closes trunk and walks back to Hilery, handing her one of the radios* "I've been a deputy too long to not be prepared for situations like this. Khee!"

"Well I'm pretty sure I heard the distinct call of one black clad turkey coming from that direction." *points off to the right* "So we'll head that way. As for a special call....we don't have to worry about that. I've got just the thing..." *walks back to Maverick, pops the trunk and removes two hand held radios. Closes trunk and walks back to Hilery, handing her one of the radios* "I've been a deputy too long to not be prepared for situations like this. Khee!"

Yeah, thanks, this is even better than a specially signal. You know, that did sound like a certain black clad turkey, either that or it was a turkey that was dying. *checks gun* Ready to go turkey hunting?