Dixie's 16th Birthday Suprise

DixieDavenport

B.L looked at Konrad when Lori hit the girl and said "I knew this wasn't going to be good. And we're right in the middle of it." Konrad chuckled and asked "your cousin's and mine always like this?" B.L nodded and answered "yup ALWAYS"

Luke was on the dance floor with Dixie. He had heard behind him, Lori say his name a few minuters ago. He turned to see Lori holding Bo's hand and Matt's sister's cousin on the floor. Luke turned. Dixie said, "You're going to Lori? That's what she wants." Luke shook his head, 'no', "I'm going to check on Matt's sister's cousin. Come on."

Luke and Dixie went over to check on Matt's cousin's girlfriend's sister and Lori who'd been drinking pretty heavily by this time snarled and asked Luke, "so ya checking on yer next girlfriend Luke? Ain't ya afraid Dixie will get mad at ya?"

Luke looked at Lori and said "She's not my next girlfriend. And Dixie isn't goign to get mad at me."

B.L and Konrad were turned around at their table watching all the action shaking their heads this was turning out to be quite an evening........

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come on Honey, how about that good time we intended to have?" Bo managed to get Lori out of the Boar's Nest before Rosco could get there if anyone called him. They went their own way to have what Bo hoped would be a great time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Dixie turned around to head back to the bar when Luke saw BL setting with his cousin Konrad. He stopped by their table and asked, "So, BL how goes the party plans?

BL grinned and said "a ok everything's falling into place."

Luke replied, "I sure hope so." He motioned to Lori, "But, I wonder."

BL looked to the door where Bo and Lori had just left and said "Yeah."

As another slow song came on Luke said, "Well, I think we're going to dance another one. If that's ok with you?" He was loooking at Dixie.

Dixie smiled, "Fine by me."

Jeb's band began playing The Pointers' Sister's Slow Hand.

When Luke took Dixie in his arms he was looking in her eyes. She began singing along with music. She was looking into Luke's eyes too when something happened. That would be hard for either Luke or Dixie to explain to anyone else later. Their eyes locked on each other and everyone else in the Boar's Nest and the world vanished.They both found themselves trying to get closer to each other. Luke was leaning in for a kiss, but he caught himself. There were far too many eyes here right now. He didn't want to mess up what ever small chance he had to maybe go out with her after her birthday. The possiblity of taking Dixie out had occurred to Luke on several occassions but figured to give her to her eighttenth birthday before even suggested it. Maybe it was because they had been accussed of each other so many times, but Luke didn't think so. No right now he thought their was a he-- of a lot more to the situation and the young lady than simply revenge. The song ended as did the moment. Luke and Dixie started back to the bar.

Jeb said, "Well, if ya'll liked that one just stay on the dance floor." The band began Conway's Slow Hands.

Luke knew the song as soon as he heard the first few bars of it and took Dixie back in his arms without stopping to ask. She didn't resist the unasked invitation. Luke sang some of the song to her quietly in her ear and it was all he could do NOT to kiss her or nibble her ear as he did so. He caught the small of her body spray it was a very light natural scent of Cumcumber and Melons. It was strong and over powering like most girls in Hazzard wore.

Dixie wasn't as innocent as everyone thought and she knew the effect she was having on Luke and he was having much the same effect on her.

One thing was for sure as Luke headed to the bar after the song for a beer. He was taking a cold shower when he got home.

Back at BL's table .............

Back at B.L's table she and Konrad were leaning their chins into their hands elbows resting on the table as they stared at each other listening to the music. The next song that Jeb played was 'Baby's got her blue jeans on'. Konrad took B.L's hand and asked "would you care to dance madam?"

B.L. smiled and stood up saying "I'd love to". They went out onto the dance floor and danced. Konrad holding B.L tight around her waist and the song fit because as usual she was wearing her jeans and boy did they fit WELL.

After the song finished before they headed back to their table the band started to play Conway Twitty's "When we get behind closed doors" and B.L blushed thinking about what happened behind those closed doors. Konrad chuckled at her blush and kissed her cheek softly taking her in his arms again as they danced.

Lori went out to the car with Bo and climbed in sighing.

Bo looked to Lori and shook his head,"You still love Luke dontcha?"

Lori drove to the lake in total silence, she turned to look at Bo as the moonlight caught his blue eyes, she sighed and smiled to him,"My love for Luke was in the past..." She thought to herself but never said,"And he hasn't left yet.."

She kissed Bo deeply and they headed to the back the windows were steaming up.

After about an hour later, Lori looked to Bo asleep on her arm and she felt deathly ill, something was telling her it wasn't right, she didn't understand why though because she wasn't with anyone but Bo, but it just felt like the wrong thing to do. She didn't love Bo, only as a brother, and it felt weird to her. She got up and dressed getting out of the car Bo was still asleep in the back, Lori had somehow managed to dress him and drive him home, she may have been drinking heavily but she was sober enough to drive.

She pulled up to the farm and lugged Bo out, he was a heavy sleeper. When she walked through the door Uncle Jesse only looked to her and shook his head getting up to help her with Bo to his room, she laid him gently in the bed and covered him up, she looked around the room remembering it when she and Luke would sleep in there. She only hurried out of the room and house, Uncle Jesse knew what was wrong with her and only sighed looking to God for an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori sped off to Dry Creek, her one place shed always head to..

~~~~~~~~~

Luke......

Luke and Dixie had went back out on the dance floor with Kornard and BL. Luke was having a better time tonight after things had lined out than he'd had in a long while. Luke didn't know who was requesting these songs but they had all been good. Well, they had been good at driving him up the wall. He was very near the shape he'd been in while in jail when Lori was teasing him, but Dixie didn't seem to be teasing him. Luke knew she knew exactly what she was doing to him. Da--, why did her birthday still have to be a few days away?

Dixie was also having a good time she had never been this close to Luke for this long a time and he flet really good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konrad............

Konrad was watching Luke and Dixie and asked B.L "what's up with them?" He wondered if they were together especially with all the accusations he'd heard flying around tonight. B.L had noticed them being cozy too and answered. "I dunno but they sure are cozy tonight."

Jeb noticed Dixie and Luke too and wondered who had requested all these love songs. He was sure gonna ask Luke about it when he got home.....

It was getting late and Luke said, "Are you about ready?"

Dixie was having too good a time to leave but wanted out of here before Jeb's last song ended. "Yeah. Dad will likely through a fit since I didn't come home but came back out here. I'll be so glad after this birthday. Maybe then he'll treat me more like an adult instead of a child!"

Luke laughed, "You certainly are not a child. Com on I'll give you that ride I told him I woud earlier. If you need me to I'll explain thigns to him. One thing is sure. Me and Luther may not agree most of the time, but I'll get him to listen to me most always!"

Dixie laughed, "Remember you ARE the reason he caried full coverage on the wrecker!"

Luke laughed at the inside joke.

Dixie asked, "How did that come about anyway?"

Luke replied, "Well, by having my CDL's that are not easy to come by. He asked me once what I'd do to keep from getting a ticket on them. If I get a ticket in the General Lee it doesn't go in them. I told him I'd do what I had to to keep them. That's when he told me he was renewing the full coverage insurance!" Luke shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I'd have to agree with Daddy on that one!" Dixie said.

Luke asked, "Are you still wanting to get started on teh cars tomorrow?"

"Absolutely!" Dixie replied.

"I'll see if I can't get away some during the day after we're done with chores. If you want my help?" Luke asked.

"Of course I do. Cooter is dragging his feet cause he doesn't want it on teh road for some reason." Dixie replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had gotten control of herself at Dry Creek and headed home. She pulled in to see the yard full. The wrecker was there, the Judge was home (so BL and Konrad were home), so was Konrad's car, also the General Lee was in the yard and EVERYONE was on the porch as she pulled up.............

Lori climbed out and rolled her eyes and strutted across the yard like she was the baddest thing on this earth. She hopped up on the porch and pushed her way through the crowd. Dixie saw her and the look Luther gave her when he smelled the whiskey on her.

"Loren!"

Lori winced at the tone and shouted back in a slurrd tone,"WHAT?!"

"Come back here!"

"I think ill pass on that Uncle Luther."

Luke winced and wanted to be else where about now!

"Loren, it wasn't a REQUEST!"

The active role of being in the marines kicked in and she cussed and kicked the ground,"DA** IT!"

Luther squalled at her and her alone he'd deal with the others later,"WOODSHED NOW!!!!"

Lori flung her hand up retorting back to him,"Aint nothing no worser than what ive already been through!!"

"Good! I'll remember that in the woodshed!"

Lori kicked dirt and rocks,"THIS IS A FU***** DISGRACE!!!!!"

Luther again looked at her and agreed, "Yes a tantrum at your age is."

Lori turned blood red and went in the woodshed you could hear her cussing a mile away she threw things in the woodshed cussing Luther every breath.

He waited until she had quieted down and then said, "Bend over now and don't you darn try to fight me Loren or you will not be able to set for a month!"

Lori saluted him with two fingers and mumbled as she bent over,"yes'sir drill sergeant sir..."

He replied, "If you like the danged Marines so much why don't you go back! But until then YOU live under my roof and obey MY rules!"

Lori jolted up and split outta that woodshed and replied back,"I THINK I WILL GO BACK BEATS BEING HERE!!!"

Luther replied and threw his hand up, "Fine!"

Lori climbed in and spun dirt everywhere, she went back to Dry Creek were her parents had a cabin built. She tore outta there like Rosco was hot on her tail. She pulled up to the cabin and got out cussing and screaming.

Luke...........

Luke looked at the others and said, "She's just making it worse on herself. Hasn't she learned that yet?"

BL was just glad Lori had shown up right then as Luther had been on her case for backtalking him earlier. She replied, "No. She'll never learn!"

Dixie voiced BL's thoughts, "But I'm glad he took Luther's mind off us."

It was then Luther called from the woodshed, "Brandy Lou!! Dixie Lee!!"

Dixie's eyes got a bit wide and looked at Luke. "I got to go."

Luke nodded and asked, "Want me to explain to him?"

Dixie sighed, "Thanks Luke I appreciate and all but it won't help with him mad at Lori. I'll see ya at the garage sometime tomorrow."

Luke looked at BL and Dixie as they wisely headed toward the woodshed, "Cooter you know all Dixie did was decide to leave early. Then we went and got Bo and went back to the Boar's Nest for a spell right?"

Cooter gave Luke a strange look but said, "Yeah, I know but there won't be any reasoning with him now that Lori's took off with out getting what's coming to her."

Luke sighed to Konrad adn Cooter, "Yeah, well I'll see ya'll tomorrow at the garage."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day while Luke and Dixie were working to get the cars made into one. Plans were coming together for Dixie's party.

Luke was upside down in the seat of one of the cars disconnecting the fuse box. "Dixie hand me a screw driver, huh?" The next thing Luke knew Dixie was upside down beside him looking to see what he was doing. It sure was tight quarters for them both.

Dixie scooted closer to see what he was doing.

Luke forgot all about what he was doing when she laid against him. He looked up and started to say something. There eyes met and the next thing they both knew they were kissing each other hungerily.

About that time.............

About that time Lori had walked in and saw them, Luke stopped and looked to her, Lori rolled her eyes and spat at them,"Please ya'll get a room..."

Dixie got smart,"Ohh please... you've had yer chance... sides Uncle Luther is pissed at you so you no matter what we wont get into trouble."

Lori whirled around and had a cheeky grin on, Luke's eyes got big and he couldn't move either."Actually went by the house this morning and straightened it up with him.."

Lori then stepped and patted Luke's cheek,"Glad its yer a** hes gonna be after and NOT mine!"

Lori then proceeded to go outside and shout across the street to Luther,"HEY UNCLE LUTHER DIXIE AND LUKE WERE KISSING!!!!!"

Everyone started talking and Lori was laughing, Dixie made an effort to get up just as soon as she was greeted by Luther,Lori stoodf behind him laughing and taunting her. Dixie was mad and was almost in tears with anger.

Lori smiled sweetly and skipped to get a tool box to work on Midnight Rider.

Luther........

Luther arrived to see Luke and Dixie upside down in one of the wrecks and trying desparately to get out of it. Lori was on his heels waiting like a buzzard to pick the bones clean....Luther looked to Luke and pointed to the door he had had enough,"Out... I can work on that car myself... I can get the girls and Cooter to help me.... if all yer gonna do is neck with my daughter, get out!"

Luke ws finally able to get untangled adn get out of the car. He glared at Lori and then to Luther, "Now, Luther, when ain't she trying to cause us trouble. She's accussed us of each other for YEARS now!"

Dixie jumped in, "Yeah, he's right!!!! She'd SAY anything to get us in trouble!"

Lori was snickering and giggling,"Uncle Luther all the other times was false accusation I WAS AN EYE WITNESS TO THIS ONE!!!!"

Luther had to actually think on that one, Luke was right but saw that Luke's lips were moist and so were Dixie's. Luther was steaming now,"LUKE!!!! YER LYING AND DIXIE LEE DAVENPORT YER A** IS MINE AT HOME!!!!"

Luke looked down at the floor a split second before he threw up his hands and said, "Ok, I'm going but I'd like to talk to you ALONE. Please?"

The action was not missed by Luther. For Luke to look downward, Luther knew something was up and he agreed only to find out just what. "Ok, Luke you've got 2 minutes."

Luke went outside followed by Luther. Outside Luke took a deep breath and said, "Luther, I mean no disrespect to you or your family. I was trying to wait until after Dixie's birthday. I know how you feel about me and I give you my word as a Duke that I'll treat Dixie as a lady, but I'd like to get to know Dixie better."

Luther looked to him,"How do you expect me to trust you after what you put Lori through?"

"Luther you have trusted me with your trucks, your garage and your niece AND you have trusted Dixie with me for forever in the wrecker. Now, I'll take half the blame in mine and Lori's situation, but you got to give here the other half. You make the rules and should you let me take Dixie out or talk to her I give you my word I'll be a gentleman and not even drink while she is with me.

I'll have her home at whatever time you say." Luke tried to reason with Luther and looked him straight in the eyes.

Luther looked at Luke thinking about what he'd just said it was all true he'd trusted Luke with the wrecker and Lori and with Dixie in the wrecker with him, he just wasnt sure he could trust Luke with his baby on a date. He thought a long time before answering "Ok but only to the Boar's Nest and ONLY IF I'm there and you leave either right before me or right after me, understand? AND, I will HOLD you to the no drinking if she is riding with you. No as in NONE."

Luke replied, "You have my word as a Duke. I won't lie, I don't know where this is going but I'd just like to get to know Dixie better."

Meanwhile in the garage, Dixie was trying hard to listen to the conversation out side while Lori reclined in a chair, her hands propped behind her head smirking like the cat who ate the family canary,"Ya know Dix you can go up top and out the back way to listen."

Dixie seriously considered it but it would have given Lori too much satisfaction and besides someone was coming throught the front door. It was........

It was Luke motioning Dixie to come outside a minute, Lori noticed it and her eyes got big and her heart sank, it sank so much it caused her to flip straight back in her chair. Dixie got the idea to go over and smirk, helping Lori up saying like the smarta** dixie was,"Need help cousin?"

Lori shook her head and got up herself,"If I wanted yer help I'd knock it outta you."

Dixie shrugged and smiled smugly going out to Luke. Luke smirked and hugged Dixie telling her of the talk. The thing is is, Cooter was Lori's security blanket at night, now no they aint incest or anything, Cooter is like a brother to her and since Lori's youngest cousin USE to be like a sister to her she now turned to Cooter, not being able to trust B.L. cause she was the blabbermouth and her and Dixie was closer, Cooter was the only one.

Cooter had pulled back in from the wrecker call and saw them, then saw Lori in the back leaned up against the wall looking down. Cooter shook his head and walked in the garage paying Dixie and Luke no mind at all, which caught their attention considering Dixie was trying to tell Cooter about her and Luke and he just wasn't listening to her.

Cooter sighed and went in to Lori and shook his head, Lori sighed and said,"I know it... it's my own fault....but of all people HER??!"

Cooter looked to Lori and was going to say something but Lori interrupted him,"I knew they were something more than brother or sister, maybe I just... I saved myself from ANOTHER heart ache, when I divorced him it was for the good, maybe there is something there between us but we just aren't meant to be.

Luke was meddling things around in his mind right now, Like Lori... see the thing is is He can lie to himself and tell everyone they're over and moving on, but truth be told he still loves her deep down and always will, he can have fun with Dixie and not worry around her and he loved that about Dixie, but he knew that it would hurt Lori and god forbid he'd want to hurt her anymore...

Luke...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Cooter looked to Lori and..........

~~~~~~~~

B.L. in the meantime was......

Luke though was determined to take the chance Luther had given him and try his da--est to move on. No matter what was still between him and Lori it wouldn't work. And, for the life of him he didn't know how or why the one other person that really got his attention had to be Lori's cousin. He knew them even talking was going to go over like a ton of bricks. He shook his head as he headed toward the farm. He thought of ALL people to catch them kissing it HAD to be Lori!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie knew it wouldn't be good fr her to go back in the garage right now with Lori there. She figured home was much safer and actually she wanted to talk BL. She couldn't believe it last night when her and Luke had danced and something had happened between them. She wasn't even sure that she could explain it. But, then today he had actually kissed HER. In Dixie's wildest dreams she never thougth Luke Duke would ever even look at her twice. She was also having a hard time believing that the man who beat her to near death a few months ago over a hickey from Jeb Duke HAD given Luke permission to take her to the Boar's Nest. She wasn't aware of all the conditions that Luke had agreed to.

Dixie pulled into the farm and burst into the house and yelled, "BL GUESS WHAT!!!!" Dixie's eyes opened wider than they had been when she saw BL stretched out on the couch in only her panties with Konrad laying on top of her in only his boxers. The rest of their clothes were scattered around the room. Dixie gasped, turned her back to them and said, "SH--!!! BL WHAT are ya'll doing???"

BL was frozen in shock and so was Konrad finally he snapped out of it and grabbed the afghan from the back of the couch throwing it over them. BL had stopped breathing but drew a breath and answered Dixie "NOTHIN NOW!!! WHAT are you doin here?! YOUR supposed to be at the garage working on YOUR car!"

"WELL, I THOUGHT it would be SAFER HERE!!!" Dixie snapped back at BL.

"Whatdya mean safer?" Looking at Dixie with a raised eyebrow hands clutching the afghan around herself and Konrad.

Dixie replied, "Well, IF you'd get dressed, I MIGHT eb able to tell you. I'm not sure if Dad's going to kill me, but I'm pretty sure Lori IS!!" Dixie said with her back still turned to BL. She was trying to give BL some privacy.

Konrad rolled off BL so she could get up, rolling back up in the afgahn until she was dressed and had thrown him his clothes. Once he was dressed again BL said "Ok now tell me WHY is Lori gonna kill you?"

"BL I'd like to talk to YOU about this just us. Sorry Konrad, but it's 'girl' talk." Dixie said wishing BL would hurry before she died. She knew if Lori walked in this soon she was likely dead. Dixie knew that Lori and Luke were divorced and all but she had seen Lori in action when it cam to Luke.

BL pecked a kiss on Konrad's lips and said, "Sorry"

Konrad returned the kiss and got up and headed to the kitchen for a drink and said, "It's ok Dixie".

B.L then took Dixie by the arm and led her out to the porch swing sitting down beside Dixie, B.L asked again "What's this all about now that you've interrupted my plans." There was no malice in the words about interrupting just teasing.

"It started last night. You know last night Luke was going to take me home after Jeb when off the deep end. Anyway, we picked Bo up and came back. Luke asked me to dance a few times. BL Something happened between us when we were dancing. I can't explain it. It was like he was the only person in the world right then. I thought at one point he may even had been going to kiss me, ....... but he didn't. He was looking at me B. like he's never looked at me before. We've all known Luke for years and I NEVER thought he'd look at ME that way." Dixie paused to heard BL's reaction so far.

BL looked at Dixie stunned for a few minutes and said, "Well, I saw ya'll dancin' but didn't think much about it. Ain't the first time a Duke and a Davenport's danced as friends...."

Dixie continued, "Right, I didn't either. So, today we met at the garage and was working on the car. Cooter got a wrecker call and Dad was down the street. So we were alone and Luke got in the car and was disconnecting the fuse box wires. He asked me for a screwdriver and I wanted to see what he was doing so I got in on the passenger side of the car. I slide over to see what he was doing. There isn't much room under the dash so we were pretty close. I MEAN REALLY CLOSE, and........" Dixie paused again to see BL's reaction.

BL's eyes got wide that time she had a pretty good idea what had happened then. She knew it hadn't been anything like Dixie had just walked into between her and Konrad but it had been more than them being just friends, she asked, "Then what happened? Did ya'll get caught?"

"Then, he stopped what he was doing. Our eyes met and locked. B. I don't think I was breathing right then. Then, it happened!" Dixie said, "He KISSED ME! B. this wasn't just a kiss. Jeb's kissed me but not like THAT! THEN, of ALL people to walk in LORI DID! She, then, proceeded to go outside and shout across the street to Dad,'HEY UNCLE LUTHER DIXIE AND LUKE WERE KISSING!!!!!' So half the County could hear."

BL cringed Lori liked to call her the 'Mouth of the South' and 'Blabbermouth' but truth was Lori could be those things too.

"When he came inside in a bit of a rage. We tried to deny anything had happened. Dad threaten my a-- when he got me home and called Luke a liar and said for him to leave. The next thing I knew Luke and Dad were TALKING ALONE. Then, Luke motioned for me to come outside. he told me Dad agreed to let him take me out but only to the Boar's Nest. B. DAD AGREED TO LET LUKE TALK TO ME!!! Can you BELIEVE THAT???" Dixie said full of excitement.

BL listened to all this then recovered and grinned teasing. "Are sure Uncle Luther said that? He must be sick if he agreed." Then quickly adding "I'm teasing Dixie that's great, I'm happy for ya."

Dixie said wide eyed, "Luke said that is what he said. He didn't come back in the garage after their talk he was with a customer when I left. B. you KNOW how Lori can get about LUKE. I don't know how this is going to go over with her. That's why I came here instead of staying at the garage to work on the car. I don't want to hurt her. I don't have a clue where this is going. I don't want to fight with her, but BL I've had a crush on Luke since I was like FIVE and NOW I actually have a chance to get closer to him. I'm going to take that chance!" Dixie stated matter of factly.

BL grinned she was glad to see Dixie stand up to Lori. She said "Go for it cousin, Lori and Luke are divorced she has no claim to him now and can't do a thing about it and if she tries I'LL knock her brains out!"

Dixie smiled widely and said, "Not before I do, you won't! I've seen how she treated Luke and jerked him around for years. She didn't know what she had, but I da-- sure intend to FIND OUT!" She paused for a split second and then asked, "NOW, you want to TELL ME just what it was I walked in on????? AND, I want details!"

BL smirked and said "Well, if I have to tell you WHERE that was headed then YOU ain't old enough to date Luke Duke!"

Dixie glared at BL, "That's NOT what I meant! HE-- I went THAT far with Jeb! HOW long have you two been that CLOSE? BL have you did it with him?"

BL looked at Dixie and actually had the good graces to blush. "We been that close almost since the first night he came." Blushing a deeper red BL admitted "Well we've done a bit more than you saw on the couch but we ain't went ALL the way yet."

Dixie bit her lip and said, "BL I wanted to, really wanted to last night. And Luke was in need of a cold shower himself!"

BL couldn't help it she had to say something against it because it was the responsible thing to do. "Dixie lord knows me, Cooter nor Lori's got the right to tell you NOT to but I'm going to anyway. Your too young to end up pregnant ya got so much more life to live."

Dixie shook her head, "BL I didn't SAY I WAS going to do anything. I know better. I SAID I WANTED TO. I intend to save my husband my gift for our wedding nightk, who ever that may be. I appreciate you caring enough to care what I do, Cousin. Really I do."

BL sighed in relief at least Dixie seemed to have more sense than the rest of them. Of course all she had to do was look at their pasts and the present to see what could happen. Cooter had a kid he had to sneak to another state to see. Lori was divorced and had had a miscarriage and BL herself had caught her highschool 'love' at the time in bed with another girl now she was with Konrad but things were going good there at least for now and she hoped and prayed they didn't change she really liked maybe even loved Konrad. BL cautioned, "Dixie, Honey, Luke has a reputation. Everyone knows how many girls he's been with, used and moved on. Don't get yourself in that trap."

"B. he may have that reputation. I've heard the stories. I've seen him in action. But, with me, he's different. If he wants more than I'm willing to give he can join Jeb. That may have been why Jeb looked elsewhere, because I wouldn't, but if that's all Luke wants he could find it anywhere else. Why would he go to the trouble of facing Dad, if that's all he wanted?" Dixie asked and hopefully assured BL that she wasn't going to rush into ANYTHING with Luke or anyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter looked to Lori and asked, "What happened exactly?"

Lori replied, ........................

Lori sighed and replied,"I walked in and they were like REALLLLL CLOSE, ya know THAT kinda close... and well I caught them kissing, the hot kinda kiss too, and well I ran out and shouted across the street to Uncle Luther.... that bout sums it up.."

Cooter sighed and looked to her,"You know you'll have to move on from him..."

Lori knew she would but of all people, her cousin... that would be about as bad as Luke dating Taylor, Lori's sister.. its not right its messed up.

Lori sighed and looked to Cooter,"I've given it some thought though Coot, maybe I need to go back to the marines... stay outta here for awhile by then hopefully Dixie or Luke will be gone..."

Cooter replied, "Lori this Luke's home like it's yours and Dixie's. Honey I really don't see them leaving Hazzard. You know Luke. He won't stay with anyone long. Maybe you actually pushed him to Dixie with all your accusations. I'd hate to think it but maybe once he sees she won't give him what he's after he'll move on."

Lori shrugged and said,"Guess yer right....but this aint my home though, my homes in Johnson County... maybe Im the one that needs to go.."

Cooter replied, "You've tried going there before. Remember right before ya'll got married. You tried leaving to get over him and it didn't work. I don't know what it will take for you to get over him, but Honey, you have to."

Lori sighed and looked to Cooter, the thought she thought of was this as she told aloud,"Coot.... you hear them talk about theres gonna be a war right?? well...... Ill go to war."

Cooter replied, "If going back into the marines is what you want to do that's great. But, don't do it for the wrong reasons. OK?"

Lori looked to Cooter seriously,"Fighting for our country is a WRONG reason?"

"No, it's not, but trying to run from your feelings never works. It is something you can push back but sooner or later those feelings will hit you square in the face." Cooter said.

Lori shurgged him and mumbled,"Whatever.."

Cooter sighed before he brought up the next subject, "Lori you and Dixie live under the same roof."

Lori looked to him and snorted,"Well no sh** sherlock...dont remind me!"

"Lori you got to come to terms with this." Cooter said gently.

Lori looked at him,"And what if I dont wanna speak to her anymore..what if I dont wanna come to terms with her?"

Cooter sighed again, "I don't guess you have to talk to Dixie, but it looks like you are going to have to at least accept the situation."

Lori rolled her eyes and looked to Cooter,"Thats what im talking bout!! long as queen shebia gets what she wants Daddy's little girl is alright and gets to have everything her way!"

Cooter said as gently as he could but fllet she needed to hear the facts. "Lori you had you chance with Luke how many times over?"

Lori looked to Cooter and then thought,"Like I said, im sticking with MY case here, slong as she gets what she wants shes A-OK!! when me and Luke came back and said we were gettin married she ran out sobbin and cryin her eyes out cause things didnt go her way!! and I, for one AM tired of it!"

Cooter looked heavenward. He knew there would be no peace in the Davenport home."I know she was upset. And I know this upsets you."

Lori sighed and shook her head sticking her hands in her pockets, Luther noticed her sudden change in mood and he thought that maybe what he caused was a bad thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was still rambling on and on at the house about Luke, Lori heard her all the way outside and all Lori did was climb up the side of the house from the vines and in her window.. were she then got her guitar and wrote a song...

Meanwhile at the Duke farm Bo saw Luke pulling up. He was early. Several hours early. Bo noticed when he got out of the car he didn't look like a man who had been working on cars for the last few hours. He was far too clean! Bo asked, "What are you doing home so early?"

Luke took a deep breath and took a seat on the hood of the General Lee hooking his boots in the brush guard.

Bo knew that Luke was there to stay awhile. It was a sign he needed to talk. He walked over and took a seat beside Luke and waited. He knew Luke would talk when he got things sorted out in his mind. Luke got a strange grin on his face and said, "Bo, I think I just may have a new girlfriend."

Bo asked, "Luke you went to work on Dixie's car and found a girlfirend?"

Luke grinned wider at Bo's question, "Looks that way."

Bo guessed by Luke's actions lately as well as his mood. He shook his head and sighed,"Luke.... its Lori's cousin ain't it...are you stupid?"

Luke couldn't help but laugh just a little at Bo's outburst, "It's likely I am stupid. And, yes, it is Dixie."

"Luke!!! Not only is SHE Lori's cousin. She is Cooter's SISTER. She is ALSO LUTHER's DAUGHTER. Luke she is his ONLY Daughter. YOU know LUTHER, the man you work for occassionally. The man who CAME after Jeb over Dixie a few months ago! Luke HAVE you lost your MIND?" Bo was almost screaming.

"That's sort of what I'm trying to figure out." He said in reply to Bo's question about his mind.

Bo asked a more important question, "Luke what's going to happen when Luther FINDS out?"

Luke grinned again, "Lori made sure he already knows."

Bo shook his head and sighed,"And?"

Luke took a deep breath and replied, "I don't know how I managed to talk him into NOT killing me AND to letting me take her to the Boar's Nest."

"HE'S LETTING YOU DO WHAT?!!!" Bo exclaimed.

Luke smirked. "I don't know why but he agreed."

Bo asked a question he knew the answer to, "Luke if everything is so good. Why are you setting here needing to talk?"

Luke uttered on single word, "Lori."

"Whhhhhhheeeewww", Bo said, "After she made sure Luther knew, how did she take it? She's accused you two for years."

Luke replied, "Yeah, I know. I don't know how she took it. I didn't go back into the garage. Luther had started off telling me to leave. Then, I convienced him to listen to me. We talked. After he agreed to let me get to know Dixie better, I talked to Dixie maybe five minutes outside and then left like I had been asked to. I didn't see Lori again, yet."

Bo said what luke had been thinking, "Bet that goes over like a ton of bricks!"

Luke sighed, "Yeah, just hope they don't ALL land on ME!"

The boys sat on the hood of the General Lee a long while before either of them moved.

Back at the garage Cooter and Luther had went back to work once all the 'excitement' was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenport farm Dixie was still rambling excitedly while Lori was upstairs with her guitar writing a song. B.L and Konrad were doing their best to ignore Dixie's rambling only giving her an occassional 'uh huh', 'really', and 'is that so' just so it would seem that they were paying attention to her. What they were really doing is trying to think of somewhere to go to be alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chores done at both farms and supper ate everyone went to bed that night. The next morning...

The next morining Lori got up and went dowstairs to do her chores, she yawned as always and poured her a glass of orange juice, Dixie bounced down the stairs and bounded through the kitchen,"HIYA COUSIN!!"

Lori rolled her eyes and was being a smarta** and put on a sarcastic smile,"I DONT WANNA TALK TO YOU TAKE THE HINT!!"

Dixie smirked and said,"Well... yer gonna hafta talk to me since you are making big party plans.."

Lori shrugged and said,"Change of plans..can't work on em... got thangs to do.. called work."

Dixie had a look of shock and horror on her. Lori looked to her and walked by her hollering to her,"Only so much you can get in life...cant have it all!!!"

Dixie didn't say anything.. she just stood there.. she wanted so much for her family to come together and ACT like a family, but she knew Lori would some how weasle her way outta this one... Dixie went to the table and sat down, she watched Lori walk out the door and heard her saddle up Trigger... she knew that when Lori went riding she was thinking. Dixie shook her head and sighed.

B.L. noticed and ...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke decided to pay Dixie a visit and when he saw Lori ride Trigger, he knew something was up.He pulled in at the farm and saw how down Dixie looked and only looked heavenward.....

Luke pulled in at the farm and saw how down Dixie looked and only looked heavenward. He looked to Bo, who for a change was riding not droving. Bo had known Luke wanted to think and thought better driving. "Bo something is defintely up here."

Bo sighed, "Looks that way. Go see what's up with Dixie. If Lori comes back I"ll check on her."

Luke decided not to buck Luther. It was early and likely he hadn't left for the garage yet. Luke and Bo were on a early morning trip to town for Jesse and swung by just to check to see how things were at the Davenports after the fire works yesturday. He pulled up to the farm house and hit the Dixie horn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was still close enought to hear the Dixie horn and turned around. She didn't know why, but she turned around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke slide out on to the window of the car.

Luther heard the car pull in even before Luke hit the horn. Luther swore as he heard the horn. He hadn't even had coffee yet and his daughter had 'company'. He intended to head outside to watch the two together and make sure Luke was being the gentleman his promised to be around Dixie. He stepped through the door and ws suprised to see BL come out her room quickly followed by KONRAD!!!

Dixie hadn't left the porch and Luke Duke hadn't gotten out of the General Lee's window. Luke said to her across the piece of yard, "We're on our way to town wanted to drop by, make sure everything was ok?"

Luther took one quick step and grabbed Konrad by the shirt collar.

From the yard there were several loud voices taking all at once from the house.

"BRANDY LOU DAVENPORT STOP RIGHT THERE!!! DUKE YOU ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!"

BL stopped dead in her tracks as commanded. She gulped on last breath and screamed, "Uncle Luther it's not his fault. I said it was ok......!"

All this was heard out front. Dixie jmped up and ran from the porch, followed by Bo and Luke from the General Lee. Cooer had heard the comotion from the barn and looked up to see Bo and Luke head inside the house at a run. Cooter broke into a run. Lori rode up in time to see them all RUN into the house she left Trigger at the porch and followed the crowd.

Everyone enter the house to see Luther bouncing Konrad off the wall coming down every step. "I WARNED you NOT to CROSS ME! And you can't leave well enough alone! YOU took her right in MY HOUSE!!!" Luther would let Konrad take a step toward teh door and bounce his head ff the wall. Let him take another step and bounce him off the wall again.

BL was dead behind them trying to pull Luther's hands off Konrad's shirt collar.

As Luther, Konrad and BL hit the bottom of the steps Luke and Cooter stepped into the situation.

Cooter was yelling for Luther not to kill him.

Luke was pleading for Konrad's life. "Just let go and give him to me I'LL KILL HIM FOR YOU!" Luke figured that Konrad had just jeaprodized his agreement with Luther.

Bo was trying to stop Luke from getting killed too and Dixie was trying to get BL to stop pulling at Luther. Lori entered the house to see everyone pulling, tugging and yelling at each other!

Lori walked in and slammed the door shouting,"YEAH REAL MATURE OF YA THERE UNCLE LUTHER!!! YOU'LL DO SH** LIKE THAT TO OTHERS BUT YOU'LL SURE WHIP OUR A**ES IF WE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!"

At the slamming of the door the entire front window pane fell out and shattered on the front porch. The crash along with Lori's screaming stopped everyone.

Luther finally let Konrad go with a hard shove! "You all have got less than a minute for me to get my shot gun. If there is a Duke in my site I won't stop to see which one! All FOUR MINE better be on the couch like NICE children when I get back!" He turned to go get the shot gun!

Luke pushed Konrad and Bo towards the door. "Dixie let em get them out of her. I'll call you later?"

Dixie's eye were wide as she watched Luke go. She was the first on the couch.

Lori stood still and watched the Dukes go, she saw the others set down, she didnt.

Luther returned as promised gun in hand. He checked first to make sure the Dukes were gone. They were. He turned to see BL, Cooter and Dixie setting on the couch like little puppies with the tails tucked. Lori had her arms crossed and her legs apart one foot turned out pointing towards the couch."Loren, my problem is with BL unless YOU want to buck me. Then, we'll have our own go around FIRST!"

"BRING IT ON THEN!!!! IM TIRED OF STANDING AROUND HERE WATCHING THESE YOUNGINS GET INTO TROUBLE FER STUFF YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER!!!! IT AINT FAIR!!! AND GOD KNOWS I SHOULD BE THE ONE TO KNOW LIFE AINT FAIR... LUTHER, THEM DUKES IS THE BEST BUNCHA BOYS YOU'LL EVER SEE ROUND HERE IN HAZZARD WOULD YOU PREFER ERNIE LEDBETTER TO COME AROUND AND SCREW B.L.????????"

Luther was full of attitude but for once Lori had made since. He stood still thinking for a long minute before he layed the shot gun down. "DA-- IT! I just want what's BEST for you all. I don't want My WIfe or YOUR DADDY trying to said I DON'T try to raise you kids right. God knows I've tried!" Luther looked defeated.

Dixie and Cooter and B.L. were all eyes wide and their mouths open.

Lori spoke once more firmer in tone,"Uncle Luther...we're grown up, we can manage to take care of ourselves... we thank you and appreciate all the time and work you put into raising us, but Uncle... A bird's gotta fly... B.L. is a grown Lady..as is I am and Cooter a grown man... Dixie, however... I know yer still raising her... and B.L. and I having guys over aint the best thing to be teaching her but I'll tell ya this if that girl is to stupid to understand the risks and all of that then its her own fault we ALL have taught her!!! AND as for my father he could care less Uncle Luther and you of all people know that!"

"You all may be big enough to take careof yourselves but I won't be disrespected in MY house."

Lori sighed, he was being difficult and she knew it, "Luther you think it fair that me and Cooter and B.L. pull our weight around here but STILL this place isn't considered OUR home??"

"IT IS YOUR HOME for as long as you want it. But, as long as there is breath in me it's MY rules!"

Lori threw her hands up in the air,"WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER PREACHING TO YOU!!!! ITS ALL YOU EVER DO TO US!!! HOW ON GODS GREEN EARTH ARE YOU GOING TO STOP US..DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE MORE YOU TELL US NO THE MORE WE'LL DO IT!!!"

"NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

"MY GOD LUTHER DONT SET THERE AND TELL ME YOU HAVE NEVER DONE SOMETHING YOU WEREN'T SPOSE TO DO AND WAS IN THE SAME BIND AS KONRAD WAS HE** I DONT THINK POOR OLE COOTER WOULD EXSIST,I've done the MATH between your wedding and his birth!!!"

By this time Dixie, B.L., and Cooter were watching this cold war being fought wondering who would win..

He just looked from one to the other with pain filled eyes, turned walked out, got into the wrecker and left for the garage.

Cooter and them all said in amazement,"Wow.... Lori you really DID do it this time.... dang.... that was....amazing!"

Lori shook her head and snapped,"Git this winder fixed and ill be back.."

Lori shot outta that door and into Midnight leaving Trigger there, she sped on to the garage catching up with Luther.

She got on the CB and,"Uncle Luther.... please.. pull over, what I said back there was uncalled for and...well Im sorry.."

Luther couldn't win, he pulle dover and got out,"Loren...what you said...was...true... and I know I can't stop you... or BL..or Cooter... I just....I just dont want my youngins taken away from me... or my sweet little Dixie..."

Lori rolled her eyes and said,"Go back home to yer sweet little innocent im a goodie goodie Dixie and keep em happy do what ya like..as of now I am going back to the marines and FAR FAR AWAY from here.."

Luther sighed and nodded,"If that's what you have to do I'll support you."

Lori bucked up,"I dotn need no support from no one, specially this family.."

Luther dropped his head a bit, "I'm sorry you feel that way Loren."

Lori grunted and turned the car around,"DONT BE!" She sped off towards the house to pack.

When she arrived back they all were asking her questions. Lori ignored them and picked up the phone and dialed Camp LaJune's numbers.

When the operator answered she only nodded and said,"This is Private Loren Davenport.."

Cooter and Dixie and BL all knew then.

Lori nodded and hung up going to pack, she came back and Luther had made it home, she left and never spoke a word to anyone. Lori tossed her things in the back of Midnight and climbed in, Cooter followed her out and went with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived to the bus stop and Lori sighed,"Sorry Coot...can't take this he** hole no more..."

Cooter nodded and hugged her tightly watching her leave once more.

Cooter went to the garage and saw Luke and Bo pull up he sigfhed to them as thy asked what was wrong,"She's gone...."

Luke and Bo.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Luther, BL , and Dixie...........

Luther, B.L and Dixie were still in the livingroom just sort of looking at each other stunned over Lori's outburst. Luther knew Lori was right all four of them were grown except for Dixie but he even had to let go of her more and allow her to make her own decisions and hope they were the right ones. None of this though changed the fact that B.L had broken one of the rules about boys or in Cooter's place girls in the bedrooms, he crossed his arms and glared at B.L making her shrink into the couch cushioins.

"Your still not off scott free young lady you know the rules and while your head strong like Lori she's always been worse than you."

B.L swallowed she knew she was still in deep trouble she'd never out right boldly broken a cardinal rule before. "Yes sir, I'm sorry Uncle Luther but Lori made a good point her, me and Cooter are adults now." she continued "but we should set better examples for Dixie than this."

Luther nodded he was still debating whether or not to take B.L to the woodshed.

B.L waited quietly head down for the axe to fall she knew it was going to there was no doubt in her mind about it. After a few more minutes of the heavy silence Luther pointed to the door without saying a word. B.L got up and headed outside she knew what he meant.

Luther followed her out to the woodshed saying "Brandy Lou I'm disappointed in you, of all the things you could do ya did THIS right under my nose!"

B.L had the good graces to look ashamed and whispered. "I'm sorry" at any other time B.L might be going off at him in a lesser degree than Lori had but still going off at him but felt now was not the time to blow up it would only make things worse for her to add sassing to her crimes.

Luther took off his belt and B.L knew what was coming and bent over. A few minutes and eight painful licks later B.L walked back into the house stiffly and upto her room.

Dixie.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm.....

Dixie had gotten busy getting up the glass while Cooter went out to the barn. He knew there was another pane of glass out there that would likely work. Luther had gotten half way to town and turned around. As right as Lori had been it was still wrong for BL to flaunt her affair in his face. While BL and Luther were in the woodshed, Cooter and Dixie had quietly fixed the front door. Cooter needed to get to the garage but figured he just might should wait on Luther. Dixie told Cooter, "I'm going upstairs out of the line of fire. I'll hang out with BL today. I don't think it's safe for ANY of the Dukes to be at the garage anytime soon until he calms down. So I guess my car won't be even together by my birthday." Dixie went upstair.

Cooter saw how upset she had been even earlier. He wasn't sure why because last night she had been on top of the world. Something had happened. It had to be something Lori had did or said before any of the rest had gotten up. Cooter walked to Lori's room and saw her packing. "Cooter take me to the bus please." He had only nodded that he would. He had seen her off at the bus station and drove Midnight to the garage where Bo and Luke were waiting for him to open.

He sighed to them as they asked what was wrong, "She's gone...."

Luke shook his head.

Bo asked, "Where?"

Cooter told them what he had been asked to tell, "She took the bus back to Johnson County. I'm going to do some work on Midnight then I'll take him to her." Lori had know with the boys being on Probation they couldn't come to Johnson County. Cooter could store Midnight in the barn until she could have him on base and they wouldn't be trying to contact her in NC. She hoped she could leave all this behind her once oand for all! Cooter turned to Luke, "Someone is sort of down and figures it won't be good for ya'll to be here with Luther here. Her birthday is day after tomorrow. What say I stock the refrigerator with beer and we pull a couple all nighters and get that car ready for her on her birthday?"

Luke grinned, "I think I can manage that, but I thought you was against her having the car."

Cooter replied, "Well, she's already got it so it may as well be in one piece instead of two on her birthday." Cooter added a very serious warning to Luke, "Luke I don't know how you taked Dad into seeing her, but don't hurt her."

Luke looked him in the eyes, "I'd never hurt her intentionally."

They shook hands.

Bo asked, "Now can I get that piece for the tractor so we can get it runnning before Jesse has us plowing with the mule?"

They all laughed, got the part, and Bo and Luke headed back to the farm.

They managed to meet up with Konrad right before he turned down the drive. They had told him to head to the farm but give them time to get there with him.

Jesse was feeding the chickens when he saw not two of his boys show up but three and his big toe was hurting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was waiting for BL. She gave her a little time before she went into BL's room. She opened the door just a crack and said, "BL?"

Bo, Luke, and Konrad got out of their cars and came over to where Jesse was standing and he looked at them Luke looked like a whipped pup and Bo looked down right scared about something. Konrad had a bump and bruise on his forehead like he'd been in a fight or something. Jesse sighed and asked "What happened?"

Luke and Bo both spoke at the same time "LUTHER DAVENPORT!" Konrad just hung his head. Jesse looked at him and said again "what happened Konrad?" Konrad gulped and peeked up at Uncle Jesse from under lowered lids and said quietly "Mr. Davenport caught me comin' outta B.L's room this mornin'." Jesse turned purple he knew he hadn't raised Konrad but he knew his Aunt Beth in Atlanta on his and Daisy's mother's side and she certainly had taught him better than this. He shook his head and said "Konrad, now I know that you were raised proper. Now, us and the Davenports go a ways back and I don't appreciate you taking advantage of Luther's hospitality the way you did."

Konrad said again "I'm sorry Uncle Jesse, it aint gonna happen again if Mr. Davenport sees me again he's liable to shoot me."

Jesse nodded this was true Luther was protective of his three girls and he was very conscious about keeping their reputations in tact especially B.L's and Dixie's after all the talk that had been going around about Lori for years. Jesse lectured Konrad for a while longer then told him to help Bo and Luke with the rest of the chores and to stay out of trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was waiting for BL. She gave her a little time before she went into BL's room. She opened the door just a crack and said, "BL?"

B.L was laying across her bed arms folded and her face buried in them bawling her eyes out. Luther was treating her like a child and her butt was on fire this was the worst whipping she'd had in a long time even worse than the one about a month ago when he'd gotten her and Dixie. She looked up and back at the door, "Yeah Dixie?"

Dixie asked, "Want to talk or want company? I don't think I'm going to the garage any time soon if at all today?"

B.L rolled over a little and winced but nodded answering "Yeah sure come on in."

Dixie came in and sat down on the bed "BL you can forget the party. I knew things would fall apart. The car ain't going to be ready. Lori's gone. Luther is still goiong to be pissed at all the Duke boys."

B.L gave Dixie an apologetic look and said "I'm sorry Dixie part of this is my fault I screwed up I knew better than to have Konrad in here."

Dixie.....

Dixie let out a shaky breath and sighed,"Well.... Lori uh... Lori actually said that she wasn't going to work on the party..cause shes pissed...I uh..I also heard her and Cooter talkin one night... B...she hates me... she said so herself..."

B.L...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile was welcomed back with opened arms, as soon as she stepped off the bus she was thrown into uniform and her hair was pulled back, Lori, unlike other women, was off to be a drill sergeant, for the Men's corps.. Lori went into the women's barracks as requested were as she went through the whole speech as she did when she fisrt arrived there years ago. Only now she hoped that she would be the one to make that speech herself to new recruits and to teach them what it means to have the title,"United States Marine."

Lori and the others stood at attention and kept their eyes straight ahead, not watching the drill sergeants sos not to get intimedated, they kept their eyes and ears wide and open. Lori loved her work their..it was definently better than Hazzard County..

Lori had three months to spend in the class room, they were sent off to their first days training..

Lori's Drill Sergeant or Instructor walked in and announced,"Professionalism starts here, You will go through this course as you went through your recruiter training when you first enlisted,But a big part of the course curriculum focuses on drill and learning the Standard of Operations manual - the bible for recruit training. We want YOU to be a leader first and a DI second.treat your fellow drill instructors with professionalism, too. IF you make it, remember this.. "Be firm, but fair and demanding to recruits," said the drill instructor,"Use the leadership traits and principles and that will help you be a successful DI."

Lori and the others nodded and all said,"Sir Yes Sir.."

Lori knew she was home again.

(sorry fellers i had to double post here... it wouldnt let me edit and i forgot to add this bit!! )