Dixie's 16th Birthday Suprise

DixieDavenport

Dixie's 16th Birthday Suprise

Folks this offers more suprises for EVERYONE than you can count. Dixie sure would like her cousins to arrange this special party for her, but they have been sort of distant for sometime. She was sure a helpful Duke or two would pick up were her family failed her, if indeed they did.

Current ages: Luke Duke is 20, Bo and Jeb Duke are 18, Cooter Davenport 21, Dixie Davenport 15 (soon 16), Daisy Duke 17, Coy is 16; Vance is 17; B.L. Davenport is 20, Mark McCormick 21; and Lori Davenport is 20 --- That is should they all decided to attend!

NOTE: The time frame and cast ages in relation to other DOH stories that have been written may have altered as well as the time line and references of stories previously posted by myself and others. Easy said, a character may have been a certain age for 3 years, sorry but it fit that story at that time. This is fan fiction and for entertainment but the time lines and events do overlap if layed out back to back with each other. Please don't nit pick too much -- we try only to entertain! Enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie Davenport looked forward to her sixteeth birthday! It was after all her sweet sixteeth! She hoped her cousins would put aside their differences and host the party, but in the last couple years the female members of the Davenport family had given themselves, the Davenports, the Dukes and Rosco a few more white hairs. Dixie figured that every girl deserved a Sweet 16 party hosted by her family!!!!!!! Everyone had talked about how much she had grown up in the last six months. Everyone had been talking about her big birthday events but no one was refering to it as a Sweet 16th party! Could she be that lucky they could throw a GREAT party and NOT MENTION she was ONLY 16???? Dixie could only HOPE!

Dixie thought back a lot has sure happened in Hazzard lately. Luke Duke had married Lori Davenport and then the Duke boys had gotten caught running shine before the honeymoon was even started. Their marriage had been as their dating relationship very intense. It had ended the same way, one day when Bo mentioned in Luke's presence that his Ex-girl friend was wearing dark sunglasses. Luke had said that she always did. Bo had told him it had been night. Luke flew off the handle and had went and gotten a pistol and loaded it. Now, just the fact that he hadn't given it away when he was put on probabtion was bad enough, but the fact that he had intended to take it to go looking Robin's husband was far greater. It had taken Bo two hours to talk Luke into putting the gun down. He finally had, but had then began to check on the ex girlfriend through family members. Lori found out and filed for divorce. Luke found out that Robin had also filed for divorce. The rest was a natural progression, Luke and Robin were helping each other through their situations. What happened next had totally blindsided everyone, Bo and Lori were now spending a lot of time together. All this had put a strain on the families. Dixie just wondered if they all could just be civil for a few hours with each other.

Dixie and Jeb had become good friends and gotten really close during the time he was in jail and especially after incident that had led Luther tried to kill Dixie and Jesse to warn Jeb to take things slower.

BL had been working at the Boar's Nest and raisin' hell whenever possible. She was still Hazzard's blabbermouth. Cooter was still making secret trips to Alabama to see Nancy Lou and Beverly.

Dixie pulled up at the garage to see Cooter under the hood of Mr. Peabody's truck again. "Hey, Cooter. What's up?"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooter was about to say something when Bo and Luke both pulled up.

Cooter nodded and smiled to them all going back to work. It had been remotley quiet until, Hazzard's number one instigator came flying around the town square with Rosco on her tail end. She whipped it around a curve heading in an alley that circled around to the garage. Cooter went to work on the truck again until he felt a THUMP! from the back of it. Lori had swung from a lighting fixture from the ceiling into the back of the truck, after covering up Midnight and hiding out in the garage.

"Howdy ya'll Rosco gone?"

Bo smiled and looked up to her as Rosco whipped it into the garage. Lori cursed and jumped out running to the back hiding up top peeping over the banister.

"Evenin cooter, weres that miscreint of a cousin of yours at?"

Cooter sighed and got serious,"Look Rosco, I got more important things to do than watch out for my grown couisn!!"

Rosco jumped some and pointed a finger at him,"Do you know who your talking to?? Im...."

Lori was in Midnight and climbed out setting on the window seal."Yea yea yer sherrif Roscooo P. Coltrane!!"

She put the emphasis on the O at the end of Rosco, smirked and flew out of there. Rosco tripped over his own two feet trying to get into his patrol car to go after her.

Luke looked to Bo who had a dumbstruck grin on his face, watching. Luke remembered a time when hse made him feel that way, he still loved her but it just wasn't meant to be, and he sure hoped Bo didn't think about making a move on her, it'd never work.

Cooter shook his head and commented,"That girls gonna get it one day or worse get killed.."

Luke replied,"Cooter, can't kill the devil."

It struck everyone of em as funny and they all laughed.

~~~~~

Lori swung it in at the Boar's Nest, seeing B.L. B.l. ............

Lori swung into the Boar's Nest seeing B.L....B.L was taking out the trash to the dumpster when Lori pulled in like her tailpipe was on fire. Lori pulled around back and hid Midnight then climbed out and said.

"B.L help Rosco's on my tail!"

B.L sighed and shook her head dragging Lori in the back door of the Boar's Nest into the kitchen area. Once they were inside B.L put her hands on her hips and turned to Lori asking...

"What'd you do now?"

Lori crossed her arms and huffed "I didn't do nothin' why does everybody always think I did something?"

B.L: "Cos you USUALLY DO do something!....Just stay here I've got to get back to work."

Just as B.L came out of the kitchen Rosco came in and upto the bar asking. "Where's that no good trouble causing cousin of yers she was at the garage but gave me the slip."

B.L giggled and then shook her head shrugging. "I got better things to do than keep track of Lori, Rosco. Now if you'll excuse me I got work to do."

With that B.L walked to the other end of the bar letting herself out of the little swinging door there and started emptying ash trays into a bucket with screen wire over it. Lori meantime was waiting in the kitchen for B.L to come back. After a few minutes scanning the room Rosco left, Lori wasn't there. B.L went back to the kitchen and told Lori.

"You can go he's gone....stay out of trouble!"

Lori grinned and said "What's the fun in that. See ya later cousin."

Lori walked out and over to the tree where she'd hidden Midnight under it's low hanging branches and climbed in starting up she tore out to who knows where but it was no doubt she'd find more trouble along the way.

After Lori left B.L went back to work wiping tables and gathering up empty beer mugs. A tall well built muscular young man walked in and asked her.

"Miss can you tell me where I can find a friend of mine?"

B.L stopped what she was doing and nearly gasped at the sight of the man he was about her age. Recovering she said...

"Well who ya lookin' for and maybe I can tell ya where they are."

The young man with dark hair that hung to his chin and blue eyes flashed her a killer grin and said "I'm looking for Cooter Davenport"

B.L returned the grin with a soft shy smile "he should be at the garage this time of day. He's my cousin."

The blue eyed,dark haired man held out his hand blushing "excuse me I don't know where my manners are I'm Konrad Duke."

B.L took the hand and tried not to gawk she said "I'm B.L Davenport."

Konrad held her hand a little longer than necessary enchanted by her. Finally he snapped out of it and pulled his hand back. He ordered a beer and B.L took a break they sat down at a table and talked for a while. B.L was able to find out he was Daisy's brother and had been living in Atlanta with an aunt on their mother's side of the family after the death of their parents when Daisy was 6 and he was 8. Konrad asked

"Would you like to dance?"

Now Boss Hogg didn't like for the waitresses to get too cozy with the customers unless they were rich but B.L didn't care she accepted and the two danced a slow dance continuing their talk. Konrad told her he was there to visit his Uncle Jesse and cousins but the house was kind of crowded so he'd been hoping to stay with Cooter. B.L tried not to show her hopeful delight at the idea this man would be staying with them. She of course told him it'd be alright for him to stay they had a guest room. Konrad was sure glad to hear this and decided to wait till B.L got off work and go back to the farm with her....

Luke turned to Bo and said, "What ever you are planning on doing while I take the wrecker to Atlanta, stay out of trouble. Huh, Cousin?"

Bo gave Luke his famous smile and replied, "Me get into trouble. You know better."

Everyone stared at him like he had three heads.

Bo added, "I don't have to get into trouble. It FINDS ME."

Luke replied, "Yeah, I know that's the problem. Then, I have to get you out of it!"

Dixie, who had been listening to their banter asked, "Hey, Luke I'm bored today. Can I go with you?"

Luke replied, "Sure."

Cooter added, "Yeah keep her out of trouble that way huh?"

Luke said, "Nah, I was hoping she kept ME out of trouble! Bo I'll get a ride from Cooter when I get back. I'll see ya at home later."

Bo nodded as he ws already heading to the General Lee. He had the afternoon free and figured on a beer at the Boar's Nest.

As Luke and Dixie headed to the wrecker, Dixie said, "I've never been out to this junkyard where you are picking up this car before.

Luke replied, "Well, I was there getting parts a few weeks ago and saw this wreck. I figured with the General Lee and Midnight around it was a good idea to buy the whole car for parts."

Dixie nodded, "Yeah it was a good idea they are both always needing parts."

Lori had went back to the house to grab a change of clothes, but she was back out on the road again. Bo was coming around the curve when he saw Lori fly further the faster pulling up beside him. She smiled and waved going back to the Boar's Nest pulling up beside him. She climbed out and smiled,"Well howdy there Mr. Duke into trouble I assume?"

Bo shook his head and laughed,"Aint I always?"

Lori shrugged and smiled,"True.."

Bo looked to her and loved her new look with the blonde hair,"Wanna grab a beer?"

Lori nodded and smiled walking in with him. When she got in there she saw B.L. and the man she was with. Lori raised her eyebrow and tugged to Bo's shirt,"Well well lookie there B's got her a beau.."

Bo smiled and looked to Lori leading her to the bar ordering the drinks.

B.L...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Luke and Dixie

Meanwhile Luke and Dixie had made it to the junk yard outside of Altanta. Luke paid for the car and backed up to it. Dixie watched as Luke hooked up the wrecker to the wrecked green 1969 Dodge Charger. From what Dixie saw, it really didn't look in that bad a shape. Luke was putting the safety chains on so Dixie got out and looked at the car. "Luke what's wrong with this car it doesn't look that bad?"

Luke grinned, "It's not, but the frame did break. Why?"

Dixie sighed, "Nothing. I was just thinking that I like my Thunderbird but I'd like something to work on too. You know that I put together the way I wanted to."

Luke shook his head. He knew Lori and BL had had the same thoughts at about Dixie's age. Well, actually they were younger than Dixie cause when they got the Judge and Midnight they were only about 16. Luther would likely kill him for what he was going to do, but hey he'd been there with the man before. Luke finished hooking up the car and walked to Dixie's side of the wrecker looking over the car once more. "Come here a minute if your serious about a car."

Dixie raised her eyes in wonder at his statement.

Luke nodded toward a stack of cars. He walked around the stack of cars and on the other side was another Charger but it was a 1968 Charger. The body looked rough, real rough.

Dixie looked at Luke with a lot of doubt, "Luuuukkkkkeeeee I said SOMETHING I (as in ME) could FIX."

Luke smiled at the girl in front of him. She had on boots, jeans and a short sleeved pull over on. She had left her hair the alburn after his Ex wife had died it PINK and Daisy had helped her fix it. He explained, "Well, if you think you could stripe this one down to the frame...."

"You mean take the two and make one?" Dixie smiled. "Yeah, with some help from you and Cooter I could."

Luke said, "I've already checked it this frame is sound."

Dixie said, "With the money I hope to get for my birthday I culd likely get it. How much is it?"

Luke said, "I'll walk you back to the truck and go find out. So, when is your birthday?"

Dixie said as they walked back to the truck, "Next week. I'd really like for Lori, BL and Daisy to give me a party, but I just don't know if that is possible with all that has went on between us. And you know what happens when everyone gets together and is drinking."

Luke sighed, "Yeah, I seem to vagely recall going from my bacholor party to a patrol car to the jail!"

Dixie replied, "Yeah my point exactly, but I'd like for everyone to just be civil a few hows. This is my biggest birthday yet and I'll never have anotherone.

Luke was getting a couple ideas as he closed her door and walked into check on the cost of the car.

As Dixie sat in the wrecker she could see Luke talking to the man about the car. He opened a book talked some more to Luke, then she saw Luke reach in his wallet and hand the man some money. The man wrote out a paper and handed it to Luke.

Luke came back and got in the truck. "I told him we'd be here to get it tomorrow."

"Luke what did you do?" Dixie asked cautiously.

Luke looked at her brown eyes and replied, "Bought you birhday present."

"What?" Dixie exclaimed.

Luke laughed at her excitement, "Where do you want to work on them? I was going to take this one to the farm to store. But, I think we'd do better to take them both to the garage. switch everything out and then I'll take the extra parts to the farm."

"LUKE???? I didn't ASK you to buy it FOR ME!" Dixie said.

Luke started the wrecker and replied, "I know you didn't. I wanted to!"

Dixie hugged his neck, "Thank YOU Luke!"

Luke couldn't resist, "When you get that thing together and out run Midnight, are you going to tell Lori I bought it for you?"

Dixie grinned from ear to ear and exclaimed, "I ain't waiting THAT long I intend to tell the whole county you got it for me."

Luke said as he turned, out onto the road towards home, "Well, I didn't buy it for you for that reason, but consider it an added bonus!" Now he was certain that Luther would hang him! He had just bought the man youngest child and only daughter a car with an engine in it with as much power as Midnight and the General Lee!

When Luke and Dixie pulled up Lori was outside working on Midnight, she had left the Boar's Nest and Bo early, tuning him up.

Lori had wondered what the powerful V8 engine in the back was for as she saw them pull up with the wrecked 69 charger, Lori shook her head and snorted. Dixie got out and yelled,"Guess what Luke got me for my birthday?"

Lori got smart and smirked,"A LIFE?!"

Dixie retorted,"Nope...a 1969 dodge charger!"

Luther and Lori and Cooter all popped their heads out from in under a hood,"HE DID WHAT??!!!"

Lori looked to Luke and said,"Boy you bes be runnin..... you got her somethng that'll cause her to get cocky and kill herself!!!!!"

Luke looked to Lori,"What happened to the peace between us?"

Lori saw the car and then looked to Luke,"THAT FLEW OUT THE WINDER BOUT 3 MINUTES AGO!!!"

Cooter and Luther and Lori all three had a wrench on their hands going after Luke, Luke was hoping Bo would show up he didnt.

Luke took off running down the road and down the back roads. Lori smirked and went back to working on Midnight. Dixie was bruning holes in all three of them.

Robin pulled up seeing Luke......

B.L. got in her silver 1970 GTO The Judge after work heding home with Konrad in his dark golden yellow mustang behind her. They pulled up at the farm and each climbed out of their cars. Before B.L could say a word she was pounced upon by an excited Dixie.

"GUESS WHAT LUKE GOT ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY?!"

B.L didn't get to ask what before she was told. "A CAR!! its a 1969 Dodge Charger!!"

Dixie promptly dragged B.L over to check out the car leaving Konrad to just sorta stand there looking around. B.L and Dixie were soon crawling all over the car looking at it, B.L whistled low and asked grinning.

"Where's Luke's body I know Uncle Luther killed him buyin' you this"

Dixie was too excited to be bothered by the teasing and ignored it showing B.L this and that on the car finally after about 5 minutes Dixie saw the man standing in their yard that had followed B.L and asked

"Who's THAT hunk?"

B.L turned about 6 shades of red but she had to agree with Dixie's description. She went over to Konrad with Dixie following behind like a curious puppy.

"This is Konrad Duke, Daisy's brother he lives in Atlanta with his Aunt on his mohter's side."

Luther and Cooter both stopped what they were doing and came over welcoming Konrad to the farm, assuring him that B.L had been right in saying that he could stay there. Although neither was sure that was going to be a good idea from the looks all three girls were giving him then the dirty looks B.L and Lori were shooting at each other. There was sure to be fireworks between the two.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin pulled up seeing Luke.....

Robin pulled up seeing Luke. She stopped her Mercury and asked, "Hey! Are you running TO or AWAY FROM something?"

Luke opened the passenger side door, got in, and said, "Drive already! Away!"

"Luke I hope it ain't Rosco!" she checked her mirrors.

"NO, WORSE!!" Luke said, then added, "Three crazed Davenports!"

"Ahhhhhhh, Sh--!!!!" Robin said, "What happened to the peace ya'll declared?"

Luke was catching his breath from the chase, "Flew out the window as soon as Dixie told them what I got her for her birthday!"

Robin asked, "Luke what could you have possibly given her to cause that much trouble?"

Luke explained, "You know that wrecked 69 Charger I was going to pick up today for parts?"

Robin nodded 'yes'.

"Well, Dixie road with me. It is in pretty fair shape. She noticed and started asking questions and said she'd like to have a hot rod like Lori and BL basically. I know they were a lot younger when they got Midnight and the Judge. He--, she's been driving that Thunderbird for what over a year now? It has a 351 in it and Cooter and I are the two who modified it to a 400. It's got a 383, 4 speed in it but it's NOT like it's got a 426 HEMI in it for God sake! Do they think I'm STUPID?" Luke said.

Robin looked at him.

"Don't answer that, ok?" Luke sighed, "It's not her first car or anything. He--, it's not even together! The frame is broke on that one, but they had a second one. The guy gave me a good deal. They still have to be put together. How about a beer at the Boar's Nest?" Then he asked, "Where were you going by the way?"

Robin replied with a smile, "I was bored and actually hoped to run into you, not up on you. Yeah, a beer sounds good." As she headed to the Boar's Nest.

Lori climbed in Midnight heading down that same back roads that Luke ran down, she swore if she saw him he'd be a dead ex-husband. Lori found Robin up ahead and sped up flying past her spitting dust everywhere. Robin got pissed and sped up, Luke sighed and held on,"Ohh lordy we're gonna die"

Robin sped up right on Lori's tailend. Lori got mad and sped up changing gears spitting dust and gravel everyhwhere, knocking one of Robin's mirrors sideways causing Robin to lose it.

Lori won, course, she knew she would. She pulled up at the Boar's Nest with Robin righ tin behind her. Lori climbed out and was heading in when Robin turned her around,"YOU GOT ALOT OF NERVE DOING THAT!! YOU AINT NOTHING BUT A CHEATER!!"

Lori smirked and took her hand making her release her grip,"Dont worry Daddy'll fix it for you..."

Luke glared at Lori, "No, actually I WILL fix it and make sure to bill YOUR account for the parts."

Lori looked to Luke and rolled her eyes smirking,"YOU of all people Duke should know how to fix a twisted mirror."

Lori took the mirror and twisted it back to its nrmal position,"AND that my friends is how yo u fix a mirror, well what so ya know didn't even have to twist my wrist...."

Luke glared at her replying,"Go take a leap of a fu***** cliff!"

Lori smirked,"Been there and done that last week.... dont wanna do it again either."

Luke rolled his eyes and looked to Robin who was pissed. Lori looked at her and walked by flipping the tip of her hair setting her off, Lori ran for her life laughing her hind end off Robin chasing her, Lori sailed through the window of Midnight Rider and threw dirt and mud all over Robin!!

Lori laughed so hard she liked to peed all over herself, leaving the Boars Nest.

Dixie.....

Robin looked at Luke, "She my be your Ex-wife but I'm not going to take that!"

Luke replied, "Oh, I know you're not. Let's run to the house and we'll come back after you change. And, let ME drive just in case the fool is down the road somewhere and gets any other ideas."

Luke headed towards Robin's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie saw Daisy on her way to work as she stopped for gas at the garage. "Daisy you've got to come out back and see what Luke got me for my birthday!"

Daisy said, "Ok but I've got to hurry."

As they were looking at the car Daisy said, "You do have a birthday coming up. That is right."

Dixie said, "Yeah I was hoping to get BL and Lori and maybe you to arrange a party for me, but I'd like there to be no fighting and from the way Cooter, Luther, Lori took off after Luke when we told them about the car I just don't see it happening."

Daisy said, "Well, I'll be glad to help them and they should all be able to put the differences for you. Hey THIS is a SPECIAL birthday isn't it?"

Dixie beamed, "Yeah it is! Thanks for remembering!"

Daisy said, "I've got to hurry or Boss will pitch a fit if I'm late. Oh, yeah, Jeb his band is going to be there. Said to tell you to come down."

Dixie said, "Yeah I know all about Boss from BL. Tell Jeb I'll likely be by later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke saw familiar taillights, "She must have been taking her time or I wouldn't have caught her. Ya know, I know this has 390 in it but with this automatic transmission it is no match at all for Midnight." Luke said as he followed behind Midnight.

Lori spoted the familar black Mercury with Luke driving behind her, she quickly grabbed a gear and speed up.

It was total reaction as Luke's foot went right to the floor. He knew he couldn't pass her in this car and likely couldn't catch her but he didn't think about it until he heard the siren behind him. Luke and Robin both looked behind them and said, "AH, SH--!!!"

Robin quickly reminded Luke, "Daddy........"

Luke shook his head and replied as he hit the brakes, "Will kill me and you both if I try to run Rosco in his car. I have heard this speach from him for several years now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behind Luke, Rosco picked up the radio and called his brand new Deputy, "Deputy block Route 7 you have a Black Charger headed you way in a big hurry! This can be your first ticket IF you can get her to stop!" Rosco laughed. He knew the car!

The new Deputy was only too happy to get his first assignment. Since his Daddy ran moonshine Enos knew how to block a road. He did so and waited only a few second when the Black Charger came barreling down the road not expecting to see another patrol car in this county let alone totally blocking the main road in front of her. She had seen Rosco light up Luke and laughed again!

Lori saw the patrol car and was so totally suprised to see a second patol car in the County that she wasn't even sure that she could get Midnight stopped if she wanted too. Stopping was the only option right now as a cliff was on one side of the narrow road and a mountain on the other. She swore and hit the clutch and brake and hoped not to take out the entire side of the patrol car with Midnight as she swung the car broad sided. Though she didn't hit the car that hard she definetly put a nice dent down the side of both Midnight and the patrol car. Enos got out of the car through the passenger side and exclaimed, "LORI! Lori Davenport, Duke, Davenport!!! Look what you just did to MY car!!"

Rosco got out of the cruiser and walked up to the car. He was a bit suprised to see Luke Duke driving this car. He thought these two broke up years ago. "Luke I need ........."

Luke handed him the information, "License and Registration. Go ahead and run if you want my license has 3 points against and the car is legal and registed to her Dad."

Rosco giggled and said, "Now, we'll just see about that." He said as he walked back to the patrol car. He called in the registration and license. The information was given back to him just like Luke had given him. Rosco wrote the speeding ticket out and handed it to Luke along with his license and registration. He had just returned to the patrol car and pulled out when Enos radioed, "Sheriff, I need you down here quick! Lori Davenport just hit the side of my patrol car but I got her stopped!"

Rosco knew that Lori was as slippery as one of Boss's greasy pork chops. He had to hurry before she could get away from Enos. "You hold her right there! I'm a coming! I'm a coming! Good work Enos!!" Rosco turned the curve in such a hurry that when he saw Lori's car he slammed on the brakes and turned his car broad sided also. He bumped into the driviers side of Lori's car putting a dent into her drivers side.

Lori...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke had gotten back on the road a little slower this time and as he popped around the turn he saw Midnight sandwiched between TWO patrol cars. He voiced his first though after the suprise of seeing two patrol cars, "I going to DIE. She will turn this into being MY fault."

Robin asked, "How could she do that? You were pulled over first."

"Trust me on this. It's MY fault!" Luke had no other choice but to stop since the road was completely blocked by the three vehicles. He stopped, opened the door and got out still a good distance away from whatever was going to happen in front of him. He could NOT keep his mouth shut. No matter how hard he was trying he had to ask, "Ya'll need a wrecker up there?????"

Lori looked to Luke and then to the patrol cars,"Here in a minute we will..."

Lori didn't get out of Midnight, she on;y squeezed her way out, Midnight may need a new paint job but oh well she was free, she smirked and stopped as Enos was bumfazzled and Luke was shaking his head she simply replied with a smart remark,"Ya'll take care now, ya hear?"

Luke thought ever since they divorced shes been pulling stunts that could get her killed. Enos quickly got back in his patrol car going after her. Luke had to laugh at it some, cause it was funny. Lori had only been caught a few times and thats all because she wasn't being careful and they got lucky.

Enos held to his hat as he watched Lori jump the Hazzard pond,"Possum on a gumbush!! she just jumped a pond!!"

Lori looked back only for a quick second to see the stumped look on Enos's face.

Lori headed for the garage to get the black paint she kept back just for this occasion.

When she got there Cooter and Luther looked at her and Midnight and at the same time,"Lori we aint even gonna ask.."

She smiled and got the paint from the back and the airbrush as well, if she was gonna do it she was gonna do it right. "Welp me and Robin had a race, I won I twisted her mirror made an a** outta Luke, and took off like a roman candle, and did ya'll know that Enos is a deputy now? Anyways I was goin so fast I couldn't completely stop, so I banged up the side of him, then Rosco gave Luke his speeding ticket and came and they thought the sandwhiched me in good but I escaped and jumped a pond."

At the last idea she smiled and was proud were as Luther wasn't. Luther.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L. had heard the commotion over the CB and..........

Luther put his hands on his hips and looked at Lori with fire in his eyes, she had been running around the county raising hell at every chance she got. Lori however didn't care in the least she was repainting the dents on Midnight grinning like a possum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L had heard the commotion over the CB and looked over at Konrad they had been on a picnic and said.

"That girl is gonna be the death of Uncle Luther one of these days."

Konrad shook his head and laughed these Davenport girls sure were something else. They packed up the picnic stuff and got back in the Judge and headed out to the garage B.L knew that's where Lori would be hearing that she'd got out of the police cruiser sandwich. Pulling up at the garage B.L and Konrad got out and sauntered inside, B.L leaned over Lori's shoulder inspecting the damage to Midnight and said.

"How does it feel to be the piece of boloney in a sandwich cuz?"

Lori looked at B.L over her shoulder with a nasty look and pointed the air brush at her threateningly then went back to work when B.L backed off. Konrad had wandered over to where Cooter was working under the hood of a car and asked

"These girls always this excitin?"

Cooter looked up and shook his head and rolled his eyes replying "ALWAYS"

B.L left Lori to her painting and wandered over to Konrad and Cooter putting her arm around Konrad's waist he leaned down and kissed her. They'd gotten real cozy since he'd come into town and was staying at the Davenport farm. She was surprised noone had noticed her hair was wet only halfway up her back and Konrad's wasn't wet at all. Things had gotten hot at the lake so they'd went skinny dipping.......

Cooter was the one to answer "Just the ususal, Lori's been playing follow the leader with Rosco again."

"yeah then she found herself the baloney in the sandwich between two Rosco and Enos." B.L piped up.

Lori looked up and scowled at B.L and said "well I got away didn't I?!"

Dixie giggled that story sounded like a typical mess that Lori would find herself in. Then she turned her attention to more important things than Lori's shenanigans. She looked at the cozy way Konrad had his arms wrapped around B.L's waist as her cousin leaned against his chest while they watched Cooter work. Dixie raised her eyebrows ever since the new Duke had arrived in town and had been staying with them B.L had sure been happy. Walking around with this love sick calf look. And if she wasn't mistaken she'd heard giggling coming from B.L's room last night....

Lori had gotten the dents out and had Midnight painted. Bo pulled up not to long after and looked at Lori and asked as she watched the paint dry,"Dang Lori what's ya do now?"

Lori only smiled and replied,"I was the first assignment ordered to the new deputy in town, Enos Strate...."

Bo bout fell over laughing, typical Enos becoming a deputy... whats this all about with you and Luke he came home madder than a wet hen!"

Lori smirked and said,"Well I made him look like a jack a** in front of Robin and I spun dirt and mud ALLLL over her!"

Bo snickered and knew how much Lori truley hated Robin, she's hated her since they were kids.

Lori sighed and leaned back in a nearby chair watchng Midnight, Bo smiled and watched her for awhile, he had gotten close to Lori over the years.

B.L............

B.L watched Lori watching Midnight and shook her head it was beyond her how Lori could stare at that danged car when there was more 'interesting' things in the garage to watch.

Dixie had them all together for once and no one was argueing yet, "Hey, guys can I talk to ya'll a minute."

Cooter looked at his younger sister and saw she was serious, "Yeah, Dixie what is it?"

"Well, ya'll know or SHOULD that my birthday is next week. It's sort of a special birthday since usually I have to spend it with Mom. I know we have all had problems with each other lately, but can we all please just get along one evening long enough to have a really nice party where someone doesnt' end up with green hair or wearing my cake?" Dixie nearly begged while looking mainly at Lori and BL.

BL was the first to agree, "Yeah, I don't see why we can't get along for a little while. We haven't had a good party in awhile."

Cooter said, "Yeah the last good party sort of got rained on and came to a sudden stop when Luke ended up getting taken out of HIS batcholor party to jail."

Lori glared at Cooter, "Can you leave HIM out of THIS!"

Bo replied, "It did bring the party to a close a lot sooner than we planned though."

Before any one else could say anything, Dixie continued as she walked over to Lori, "I know we've had our, ...... well, ...... differences, but I'd really liek to call a truce and ask if you and BL would get with Daisy and plan the party for me?"

Meanwhile, Robin had changed and they had even managed to swing by the farm which is how Bo knew Luke was pissed about getting a ticket. They were now on their way back to their original destination, the Boar's Nest. Luke was still driving Robin's car as they pulled in he checked the lot. Daisy's car was the only one there. Luke asked, "Where is everyone? I know Jeb's band is going to play tonight. I thought everyone would be here."

Robin replied, "I don't know but Lori had better keep her distance from me is all I'm saying."

"Well, I saw someone checking her out earlier, maybe he'll keep her busy." Luke said.

"Who?" Robin asked.

Luke replied, "Let's just see if he makes a move and if she doesn't shoot him out of the water for it."

Robin said, "Ok, if you say so. Now, how about that beer?"

Luke replied, "I wanted two hours ago. Let's go."

Back at the garage, ..................

Back at the garage Konrad looked at all of them and he just had to ask...

"What happened at Luke's bachelor party? Why'd he get arrested?"

Cooter leaned against the desk crossing his feet at the ankles folding his arms preparing to tell the story. Lori was glaring at him but he was ignoring it.

"Everybody had been drinking already Bo there had called in a stripper and Luke had went to the bathroom. He saw this guy that had told Dixie previously to that one night on a date to 'put out or get out'. Luke took exception to that and taught the guy some manners."

Konrad had started to grin when he heard Bo had got a stripper but it soon turned to a frown when he'd heard about what the guy had said to Dixie. He might not know Dixie that well but that didn't matter the guy shouldn't have treated her or any other girl like that.

Cooter continued with his tale of that night

"Well a fight broke out and Rosco got involved, Luke was resisting Rosco still intent on killing the guy he was fighting. State cops came in and tried to intervene Luke swung and hit one of 'em that's when the party ended cos they carted him off to jail."

Konrad looked stunned but then recovered and looked at Bo saying

"Wished I hadn't missed that now sounds like a real barn burner. Who'd Luke marry?"

Well four fingers all pointed in Lori's direction, Konrad looked at her he could see right away Luke had got himself a spitfire. He asked "so why ain't Luke here with his wife.?"

B.L piped up this time knowing Lori was going to probably retaliate later

"They're divorced she's datin' Bo now."

Bo could see Lori's eyes change color and he knew all hell was fixin' to break loose so suggested.

"Let's all go get a beer at the Boar's Nest...Jeb's band is supposed to be there tonight."

Everybody was quick to agree and started climbing in vehicles, Bo said to Lori.

"Hey Lori you can ride with me since Midnight's drying."

Lori agreed and climbed in the General Lee......

Before they had the garage Lori shurgged and replied,"Whatevers clever I guess cousin."

BL said, "Well, I'll do my part. I agree with Bo, we need to leave this conversation in the past Konrad and go listen to the band.

Everyone agreed in a hurry, before Lori let into someone. They all headed to their vehicles. Lori was riding with Bo due to Midnight's paint being wet. Cooter took the wrecker knowing that he'd be seeing Rosco in the morning to re-do the paint on 2 cruisers. One thing was sure, as long as Lori and the Dukes were around he would always have business!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeb's band was set up and playing when Cooter and the rest of the bunch walked in.

Luke and Robin were setting alone at a back table.

Dixie walked in and Jeb motioned for her to take a seat he had saved for her. Dixie blushed a little and took the seat. Cooter took an empty table near by. BL and Konrad .................

Bo looked at Lori as he walked to the bar to order, "I want a beer what's your pleasure?"

Lori replied, "Jim or Jack, whatever."

Bo said to Daisy, "Give me a beer and a shot of Jack."

Daisy hoped that Bo was drinking the beer!

B.L and Konrad sat down at another table near by so that Cooter and B.L could 'watch' Dixie. Daisy came up to the table and took their orders.

"What can I get ya'll?"

Konrad looked at B.L to see what she wanted "what would you like B.L?"

B.L answered "beer's good with me"

Konrad ordered two beers and Daisy went to get them and Bos and Lori's beer and Jack. She came back with the orders and was relieved to see that Bo had been the one to want the beer although she wasn't sure Lori should drink Jack Daniels she hoped Bo kept her from drinking too much. She then gave Konrad and B.L their beers and Cooter his.

The band was playing a slow song so Konrad asked B.L to dance and Bo asked Lori.

Luke and Robin.....

When Daisy brung their orders around Lori quickly looked to Daisy,"Id like the whole bottle please."

Daisy nodded as Bo looked to Lori with eyes wide. Lori drunk shot after shot til the bottle was gone, it didnt even phase her.

Bo shook his head wondering if Lori felt good or if she was drinking her pain away again. A man in the back who was also drinking Jack Daniels stood up and saw Lori throw the bottle back, he stood up and yelled total silence across the room. Robin saw it was Lori he was yelling at. Lori turned around and stood up,"Sir..Ill accept that challenge.."

They both stood about 5 steps away from each other... people watching, they had two full bottles of Jack ready. When Daisy let the rag down the bottles were pressed against their lips, them guzzling i down. Lori had hers drunk in a flat minute, and she still stood still. The man, however, fell back leaving his half empty.

Robin and Luke watched and Robin made a smart remark,"Does she always have to be better at EVERYTHING?"

Lori turned around and heard the comment and she whirled around,"Robin you can take yer snotty a** nose and shove it!!! Im sicked and tired of you runnin yer mouth all the da** time!!! "

Robin looked to Lori who was standing fists clenched her raw hide bracelet tied tightly around her wrist, Lori set the bottle down crossing her arms, Robin turned away embarrassed.

Lori went over to Bo who.........

Lori looked to him rubbing her head,"NO SH** SHERLOCK!! THAT WENT OUT THE WINDER A LOOONG TIME AGO HE CAN KISS MY A**!!!"

Bo sighed and thought,""Dont worry with that snobby thang she just as stuck up as Luke is!"

Lori looked to Bo and snickered, giggling she laid her head down laughing. Bo sighed and smiled rubbing her back.

Lori looked up hearing Jeb's band rocking with the tune...

B.L...........