The Horse Rustlers of Hazzard

LoriDavenport

Katie Beverly, who lived in Chickasaw County, born and raised, was on her way with her parents to Hazzard County, a neighboring county to them. She heard of land for sale in Hazzard and decided to let her parents know as they had a ranch, she told her mom and dad about the land and they decided to talk to Mr. J.D. Hogg about it.

When they arrived Katie pulled up in front of the courthouse in her cherry red 1973 ford mustang. She opened her door and got out looking around, she saw were the jail and bank was, the garage. Boss stepped out greeting them,"Why hello there, Im J.D. Hogg, I assume that you're the Beverlys?"

Katie's father looked to him shaking his hand,"Yes sir, Im joseph Beverly, this is my wife Mary Ann, and this heres my daughter Katie."

Katie smiled and nodded. Hogg looked to Katie and thought she'd make a great waitress at the Boar's Nest, she'd work perfect with Daisy. Her mom and dad handed the money to Boss and got into their pick-up, but before Katie had a chance to step in her father grabbed her arm and squeezed it tightly,"Get in and drive us there!! you no good brat!"

Katie broke free from his grip, grinding her teeth, her father abused her but no one knew but her. Katie climbed in and drove off towards the land when she got about a mile or two out of town her radiator blew up on her. She popped the hood and shook her head standing there. Her father got out and looked around, smacking her across the face,"You dumb girl, you shouldn't have been driving soo fast! We're going on and you best be in behind us here soon."

He walked off and climbed in driving past her. She shook her head and sat on top of her car.

Meanwhile Bo and Luke were heading into town to get some parts for Uncle Jesse's truck. Luke sat silently in the passenger seat, staring out the window like he'd lost his best friend. Bo smirked,"C'mon Luke, she wasn't worth it! Mindy Lou used you and left ya hanging t' dry!"

Luke looked to Bo,"Yea guess yer right."

They drove along the road noticing Katie setting there by the road. They stopped and got out looking to her, Bo politlely said,"Why howdy there ma'am may we be of some service to ya?"

Katie hopped off the car and walked to the front of it, "My radiator blew up, know were the mechanic is?"

Luke looked to her,"Why sure its Cooter Davenport, how's bout we give ya a lift and he can tow yer car for ya?"

Katie nodded smiling,"Ok thanks ya'll."

Bo looked to her and smiled big,"No problem, purty little lady like you got a name?"

Katie looked to them both,"The name's Katie Beverly, me and my family is moving here, we're horse ranchers."

Luke smiled,"Well, yer the new neighbors then, im Luke Duke and this heres my cousin Bo."

Katie nodded as she walked over to get in, Luke picked her up and gently placed her through the window. Katie looked a little weirded out,"Ya'll climb through the winders?"

Bo laughed,"Yea we get that alot."

Luke climbed in and they headed for Cooter's garage when a man in a white pickup truck ran them off the side of the road...