A Few Good Bad Guys

MaryAnne

*with Alex driving the stolen Caprice like he was qualifying for the Daytona 500, there was nothing for the passenger to do but get bounced around in the car like dice in a tin cup. Finally rights self in the passenger seat, clicks on the seat belt, and gives a frown to Alex*

"Do you realize, buddy ol' pal, that thanks to your hijackin' me off the street...that I look like a party to Grand Theft Auto? Do you realize, Alex, that the cop back there has enough reasons to nail me already without adding that to the list?"

*Without giving Alex a chance to answer, rants on* "Do you realize that as a former wheelman, I had a darn good chance of escape if only I'd have made it to my own car? And now you're haulin' me farther away from it! And thanks to yer sheer brilliance in stealin' an unmarked cop car, I'm sure the State Patrol will be after our hides!"

*fuming, leans back in the seat, and then notices the squad lights flashing in the side mirrors. Recognizes the Hazzard County cruiser, but also notices that the driving style is tight, fast, and more determined than the usual pursuit-for-fun around Hazzard County. Gets a nasty feeling that the person driving the white patrol car is not anybody friendly....*

No Brian youre not a party to grand theft auto, I kidnapped you. And it was MaryAnne's idea I swipe this car and it was MaryAnne's idea that I help you with this cop. When we met up at Willows Corners she told me that this cop was in town after you and asked if I was willing to help you. *glancing up at the rear view mirror, also seeing the patrol car following and speeds up* And it looks like that Atlanta cop did some grand theft auto of his own. Isnt that MaryAnne's patrol car?

*looks to see Deputy Coltrane is not physically hurt.* “Oh MaryAnne… †*speaks quietly. Then runs over to the KHOGG building and hurries inside. The tune playing at the radio station has a calming effect. Quickly grabs the cb mic on the equipment table and pushes the talk button.* “Anyone listening on the Hazzardnet, a suited fella just removed MaryAnne Coltrane from her patrol car and took off with it. If you see the vehicle, please report into the Sheriff’s Department…â€

*as Daney heads off toward the radio station, one disgruntled deputy goes into the courthouse*

"Jit jit!" *Rosco exclaims in greeting* "You awright?"

"Yeah. Fine. Lieutenant Morrison just stole my car. Serves me right tho' for telling Alex to steal his." *walks up to the booking desk to retrieve another set of keys*

"What are you going to do?" *Rosco asks*

"Well, Sheriff, we've got two car theives tearing around Hazzard. I'm not about to sit idle. You?"

*Rosco blinks and then suddenly straightens up* "Jit! No! I'm Sheriff around here and you're right. We got laws in this town! Let's go uphold them laws!"

"Now you're talkin'." *grins and then turns to the few folks who are still milling about the booking room* "Sorry folks, the Bad Guy Contest looks to be down to three participants, even if one of them wears a badge. And I don't mean myself or Rosco. I certainly invite everyone to stick around to watch things unfold and listen in on your CB's if you want. Thanks for coming out and we'll see you on the flip side."

*as the crowd dispurses, goes up to the holding cell where Lex has been sitting*

"Awrighty, Lex, I'm gonna let you out of here. But no more pointing fake guns at people eh? Or real guns either." *unlocks the cell door and holds it open*

*looks to see Deputy Coltrane is not physically hurt.* “Oh MaryAnne… †*speaks quietly. Then runs over to the KHOGG building and hurries inside. The tune playing at the radio station has a calming effect. Quickly grabs the cb mic on the equipment table and pushes the talk button.* “Anyone listening on the Hazzardnet, a suited fella just removed MaryAnne Coltrane from her patrol car and took off with it. If you see the vehicle, please report into the Sheriff’s Department…â€

“Um Daney, did you check to see if that was on?†*Elton asks*

*Hazel eyes glance down* “Oh...†*looks up at the dj and laughs*

*Elton sees the mic being placed beside the box.* “Who took MaryAnne’s car?â€

“City fella,†*speaks quietly* “Jack Morrison.â€

“Why’s he in Hazzard?â€

“Not sure,†*pause* “If he’s even a real cop.†*smiles* “Thanks, Elton.â€

“You’re welcome,†*Elton answers and watches Daney walk out of the radio station.*

“Um Daney, did you check to see if that was on?†*Elton asks*

*Hazel eyes glance down* “Oh...†*looks up at the dj and laughs*

*Elton sees the mic being placed beside the box.* “Who took MaryAnne’s car?â€

“City fella,†*speaks quietly* “Jack Morrison.â€

“Why’s he in Hazzard?â€

“Not sure,†*pause* “If he’s even a real cop.†*smiles* “Thanks, Elton.â€

“You’re welcome,†*Elton answers and watches Daney walk out of the radio station.*

*Julieduke looks at everything going down right now and she see's her own 1968 Black Trans Am that she saved up for on her own money and is about to take off when she see's Rosco and Maryanne going to there car. Julie was sure that Rosco was going to mention her unpaid tickets and she didn't want to deal with him so she takes off so fast that he didn't even get the chance to talk to her. As she is closing in on that city fella who took Maryanne's car and Alex who took his car and now he has Brian Coltrane and she is right behind that city guy and she knew right now that if she got in front of him and couldn't keep him behind him he stopped she would be in big trouble from the fed's and Uncle Jesse, Bo, Luke and Daisy. By now everybody went right past where Bo and Luke was at the they was the General Lee and Bo says "That's Alex and Brian in the City Fella's and and the City fella is driving Maryanne's car and that's my sister following all the them she doesn't know what in the world she is doing right I think we ought to follow Luke."

*Julieduke looks at everything going down right now and she see's her own 1968 Black Trans Am that she saved up for on her own money and is about to take off when she see's Rosco and Maryanne going to there car. Julie was sure that Rosco was going to mention her unpaid tickets and she didn't want to deal with him so she takes off so fast that he didn't even get the chance to talk to her. As she is closing in on that city fella who took Maryanne's car and Alex who took his car and now he has Brian Coltrane and she is right behind that city guy and she knew right now that if she got in front of him and couldn't keep him behind him he stopped she would be in big trouble from the fed's and Uncle Jesse, Bo, Luke and Daisy. By now everybody went right past where Bo and Luke was at the they was the General Lee and Bo says "That's Alex and Brian in the City Fella's and and the City fella is driving Maryanne's car and that's my sister following all the them she doesn't know what in the world she is doing right I think we ought to follow Luke."

*Julieduke had decided to take a shortcut and do something only her brother had ever done, and she remember when he distracted the Secret Service guys on there motorcycles so Cooter could get away. She knew that Uncle Jesse would yell at her something fierce but she didn't care she pulled the stunt and made sure that Alex was far enough ahead of her and she get ahead of him and takes him on a ride and then she looks down at her gas gauge and she says "Dang, I forget to get gas at Cooter's before I left no what do I do and that City Fella is right behind now if only I can find those woods that us Dukes keep getting people lost in now.

Narroter: I don't I'm kind of worried for Poor Julieduke she doesn't know what she is getting into right now.

*Julieduke had decided to take a shortcut and do something only her brother had ever done, and she remember when he distracted the Secret Service guys on there motorcycles so Cooter could get away. She knew that Uncle Jesse would yell at her something fierce but she didn't care she pulled the stunt and made sure that Alex was far enough ahead of her and she get ahead of him and takes him on a ride and then she looks down at her gas gauge and she says "Dang, I forget to get gas at Cooter's before I left no what do I do and that City Fella is right behind now if only I can find those woods that us Dukes keep getting people lost in now.

Narroter: I don't I'm kind of worried for Poor Julieduke she doesn't know what she is getting into right now.

*in the Hazzard County police car, one erstwhile police Lieutenant watches the 1968 Pontiac that Julieduke erroneously calls a Trans Am. Trans Ams weren't made until 1969. The sudden arrival of this new vehicle, first behind Jack in the patrol car, then apparently in front of him, but then ahead of Alex...or was that behind Alex? Or maybe it was driving backwards infront of Alex but behind Jack. Either way, it has thrown a wrench into the space time continium, which gives the city cop the excuse to look away from his driving for a moment and look at the audience, confused*

"HUH?!"

Thanks Deputy. I promise, it won't happen again! Last time I act before thinkin'!

*Leaves cell and glances at moniter that was highlighting the entertainment of the contest and scratches head. Walks over to Cletus's desk and pulls out a half stale bag of popped corn, sits down, and watches events unfold, becoming just as confused as the cop. Chews popped corn, trying not to laugh at the expression on Jack's face as it appeared*

Maybe it's not the feed acting up... I wonder what happened to that car to make it bounce around like that! *Ponders if this has become some weird episode of the twilight zone i've heard so much about

:popcorn:

*in the Hazzard County police car, one erstwhile police Lieutenant watches the 1968 Pontiac that Julieduke erroneously calls a Trans Am. Trans Ams weren't made until 1969. The sudden arrival of this new vehicle, first behind Jack in the patrol car, then apparently in front of him, but then ahead of Alex...or was that behind Alex? Or maybe it was driving backwards infront of Alex but behind Jack. Either way, it has thrown a wrench into the space time continium, which gives the city cop the excuse to look away from his driving for a moment and look at the audience, confused*

"HUH?!"

Authors Note: I'm sorry I went 1969 I guess I forget and it seems that it's kinda of funny.

*Julieduke sees her brother and cousin and Bo has the General going backwards and she says on her cb that she is low on gas right now and a little worried right now.

Bo says on his cb don't worry Little sister we can take care of this right here for ya, and why didn't you fill up at Cooter's when you was there the last time. Julie tells Bo on the cb, that she simply forget about it and everything that was going on that sometimes it doesn't always seem important and don't tell Uncle Jesse about this right here. Luke asks for cb, and says "Little Sister it's a little too late for that and what in the world was you thinking you in the world was you trying to impress right now we could all get in big trouble. If this backfires right now."

*Julieduke says "Well, I care about Alex and Brian and I don't care who they are all of sudden that city cop was taking pot shots at Brian and I did the first thing I thought of that's all."

Authors Note: I'm sorry I went 1969 I guess I forget and it seems that it's kinda of funny.

*Julieduke sees her brother and cousin and Bo has the General going backwards and she says on her cb that she is low on gas right now and a little worried right now.

Bo says on his cb don't worry Little sister we can take care of this right here for ya, and why didn't you fill up at Cooter's when you was there the last time. Julie tells Bo on the cb, that she simply forget about it and everything that was going on that sometimes it doesn't always seem important and don't tell Uncle Jesse about this right here. Luke asks for cb, and says "Little Sister it's a little too late for that and what in the world was you thinking you in the world was you trying to impress right now we could all get in big trouble. If this backfires right now."

*Julieduke says "Well, I care about Alex and Brian and I don't care who they are all of sudden that city cop was taking pot shots at Brian and I did the first thing I thought of that's all."

*Julieduke seems to run out of gas all of sudden and it seems that the City fella stops shorts of running into her trunk and he turns his car and looks at her she knows something is up and that she is in big trouble right now. Just as he is about to walk up to her she jumps out and see's that the General is close enough she jumps in the car and Bo keeps on going after that little stunt.

Julie says "Thanks big brother and thank cousin I needed that but I'm little worried for Alex oh look he went around my car and now it seems that City fella has fugured out that I'm not there. Oh what is he gives the state cops a description of the General Lee then were all in trouble and honest I didn't think this Bad Guy contest was going to turn into all of this but I'm concerned what is going to happened to Blackie right now."

Bo says "Don't worry Cooter is going to tow your car back to our house and put some gas in him for ya okay Little sis."

Julieduke says "Okay, I just don't like leaving at there it's my prize possesion besides I'm entering the race next week and I'm going to need Blackie for it."

Narroter: I think Julie, Bo and Luke are in trouble with that city fella right now, he don't like getting showed up by a girl lately.

Thanks Deputy. I promise, it won't happen again! Last time I act before thinkin'!

*Leaves cell and glances at moniter that was highlighting the entertainment of the contest and scratches head. Walks over to Cletus's desk and pulls out a half stale bag of popped corn, sits down, and watches events unfold, becoming just as confused as the cop. Chews popped corn, trying not to laugh at the expression on Jack's face as it appeared*

Maybe it's not the feed acting up... I wonder what happened to that car to make it bounce around like that! *Ponders if this has become some weird episode of the twilight zone i've heard so much about

:popcorn:

*has wandered back into the police station. Goes over to where Enos is closing a file cabinet drawer.* "Is there any aspirin in there?"

"Might be some in Boss's office," *Enos replies*

"All right," *looks at the older deputy* "Is that lieutenant rogue?"

"Don't think so," *Enos glances to the scene that Lex is watching.*

"Possum on a gum bush..."

*Julieduke seems to run out of gas all of sudden and it seems that the City fella stops shorts of running into her trunk and he turns his car and looks at her she knows something is up and that she is in big trouble right now. Just as he is about to walk up to her she jumps out and see's that the General is close enough she jumps in the car and Bo keeps on going after that little stunt.

Julie says "Thanks big brother and thank cousin I needed that but I'm little worried for Alex oh look he went around my car and now it seems that City fella has fugured out that I'm not there. Oh what is he gives the state cops a description of the General Lee then were all in trouble and honest I didn't think this Bad Guy contest was going to turn into all of this but I'm concerned what is going to happened to Blackie right now."

Bo says "Don't worry Cooter is going to tow your car back to our house and put some gas in him for ya okay Little sis."

Julieduke says "Okay, I just don't like leaving at there it's my prize possesion besides I'm entering the race next week and I'm going to need Blackie for it."

Narroter: I think Julie, Bo and Luke are in trouble with that city fella right now, he don't like getting showed up by a girl lately.

*turns attention from the audience back to the action at hand, turning wheel of Plymouth Fury in time to avoid careening into the Trans Am. After stopping, starts to get out of car to approach the young girl and ask her what the hell that was all about, but she jumps into an orange Dodge Charger that goes flying by.*

*All in all, the young girl has suceeded in allowing Alex and Brian to get away in Jack's Chevy Caprice, leaving the Lieutenant in a moment of defeat in the middle of a dusty Hazzard road. He returns to the Plymouth Fury and turns the car around, heading back toward town*

*coming directly at him is a recognizable royal blue Firebird...*

*puts hands over eyes for a moment while all vehicular hell breaks loose, figuring the late-60's Pontiac of questionable pedrigree was about to cause a pile-up. Peers out just in time to see the General Lee sweep in, scoop up Julie, and screech out. Turns head to look over the back of the seat, seeing that the chaos has not only slowed the dispute....it's apparently discouraged it.*

*makes a mental note to show great personal appreciation to Doc and Julie for their efforts. Smiles to self and eases back down in the passenger seat, giving a sigh of relief.*

"Looks like the heat is off, for the time bein'. Tho' cruisin' around in a stolen Atlanta unmarked cop-cruiser ain't our best bet."

*thinks a moment* "Alex, we'll have better odds if we ditch this car. I wonder if that black Pontiac that Julie left back there just ran outta gas. Ain't no other reason I can figure that she abandoned it. How about we can cut a hose from this car and make a siphon line? Fill up that old black Pontiac, leave this Caprice disabled, and improve our chances, eh?"

*puts hands over eyes for a moment while all vehicular hell breaks loose, figuring the late-60's Pontiac of questionable pedrigree was about to cause a pile-up. Peers out just in time to see the General Lee sweep in, scoop up Julie, and screech out. Turns head to look over the back of the seat, seeing that the chaos has not only slowed the dispute....it's apparently discouraged it.*

*makes a mental note to show great personal appreciation to Doc and Julie for their efforts. Smiles to self and eases back down in the passenger seat, giving a sigh of relief.*

"Looks like the heat is off, for the time bein'. Tho' cruisin' around in a stolen Atlanta unmarked cop-cruiser ain't our best bet."

*thinks a moment* "Alex, we'll have better odds if we ditch this car. I wonder if that black Pontiac that Julie left back there just ran outta gas. Ain't no other reason I can figure that she abandoned it. How about we can cut a hose from this car and make a siphon line? Fill up that old black Pontiac, leave this Caprice disabled, and improve our chances, eh?"

*watching all the chaos take place, but from the rear view mirror, sees Julie leave her car, her speed off in the General Lee then Jack turn around and head back to town, closes eyes briefly, sighing audibly in relief then glances at passenger and nods*

"Ookay I don't know what just happened either Brian but you're right, we're in the clear for now." *nods at Brian's suggestion and turns the wheel hard, the car doing a 180*

"Great idea, we can ditch this car for that one. It'll be a lot easier to get away in something that isn't a stolen cop car." *laughs heading back towards Julie's abandoned car* I'm sure we can also find some interesting stuff in the trunk of this car too. You know how those big city cops keep all kinds of cool stuff in their vehicles. Who knows we might find something that'll come in handy." *grins, glancing at Brian a moment* "Once we trade cars, then where are we going to be heading?"

she jumps out and see's that the General is close enough she jumps in the car and Bo keeps on going after that little stunt.

The boys were still listening to Julie talk about the upcoming race when another vehicle casually passed it on the road. The driver had decided a trip to Atlanta was in order to find out more about Jack Morrison.

*turns attention from the audience back to the action at hand, turning wheel of Plymouth Fury in time to avoid careening into the Trans Am. After stopping, starts to get out of car to approach the young girl and ask her what the hell that was all about, but she jumps into an orange Dodge Charger that goes flying by.*

*All in all, the young girl has suceeded in allowing Alex and Brian to get away in Jack's Chevy Caprice, leaving the Lieutenant in a moment of defeat in the middle of a dusty Hazzard road. He returns to the Plymouth Fury and turns the car around, heading back toward town*

*coming directly at him is a recognizable royal blue Firebird...*

"What the heck is he comin' this way for---GAAAH!!!" *slams brakes on Firebird and turns wheel to the right*

*Jack slams brakes on patrol car and turns wheel to his right, putting the driver's sides of both vehicles facing one another*

*once the dust settles, the lieutenant looks at the deputy* "Now I'm begining to understand why you had such a hard time with traffic lights in Atlanta!"

"Oh hush! We have vehicular laws here, and you just broke about 40 of 'em! The worst of which is you stole my patrol car."

"I commandeered it."

*Rosco, at this point, has joined the conversation standing on the otherside of Maverick* "Shoot heck, he can actually pronounce the word?"

"Look," MaryAnne continued, "I'm sorry your car got stolen. That was my idea, it was a prank. We'll get it back and we'll get you on your way--"

"Oh I'm not hanging around here just because my car got stolen. I came to Hazzard with a purpose and I'm not leaving until I do what I came here to do."

"Which is?" Rosco asked.

"I already told you. Justice is demanding payment and I'm here to collect. Now if you two want to bust me for taking your patrol car, go ahead. You can try and delay justice for your cousin, but you'll never deny it."

"Yeah, well maybe only a just justice can never be denied. As for right now, you stole my patrol car, you are now going to have to deal with a little small town justice." *puts Firebird in reverse and backs up, allowing Rosco to step in to place Lieutenant Morrison under arrest*

*nods at Brian's suggestion and turns the wheel hard, the car doing a 180*

"Great idea, we can ditch this car for that one. It'll be a lot easier to get away in something that isn't a stolen cop car." *laughs heading back towards Julie's abandoned car* I'm sure we can also find some interesting stuff in the trunk of this car too. You know how those big city cops keep all kinds of cool stuff in their vehicles. Who knows we might find something that'll come in handy." *grins, glancing at Brian a moment* "Once we trade cars, then where are we going to be heading?"

*thinks about this silently for a couple minutes, until the abandoned Pontiac is in sight. Waits until Alex stops the stolen Caprice, getting out of the car with him, and then examining the black, late-60's Pontiac. Finally speaks while looking at own reflection in the glossy black paint*

"We have to head back to town. Careful-like. I need to get my own car, and we need to split up. You can take this ol' car afterwards and clear out. Me, I gotta figure out how to get that Atlanta cop off my back."

*anticipating Alex's reply, looks up to face him* "I know what you're gonna say. That you're not gonna let me face him alone. Well, Alex...you entered this bad guy contest, and it ain't a team sport. A true bad guy has to be able to take care of himself, without help, without friends, without family."

*turns away from Alex, pacing off a few steps* "Back when I offended Lieutenant Morrison...I had nothing to lose. I didn't have friends like the people heah in Hazzard. I didn't know any true family. And now...just when I thought I had my life in order, and bein' a criminal was more a reputation than a reality anymore...this guy shows up to collect."

*turns to Alex once more, with anxiety in own expression* "I've changed, Alex, but it doesn't change what I've done in the past. I gotta handle this on my own. Meanwhile, you gotta stay free to become Hazzard's number one bad guy...if ..."

*with this dramatic statement left incomplete and hanging in the air, walks over to the gas cap of the Pontiac and opens it, suddenly busy with readying the car*

*thinks about this silently for a couple minutes, until the abandoned Pontiac is in sight. Waits until Alex stops the stolen Caprice, getting out of the car with him, and then examining the black, late-60's Pontiac. Finally speaks while looking at own reflection in the glossy black paint*

"We have to head back to town. Careful-like. I need to get my own car, and we need to split up. You can take this ol' car afterwards and clear out. Me, I gotta figure out how to get that Atlanta cop off my back."

*anticipating Alex's reply, looks up to face him* "I know what you're gonna say. That you're not gonna let me face him alone. Well, Alex...you entered this bad guy contest, and it ain't a team sport. A true bad guy has to be able to take care of himself, without help, without friends, without family."

*turns away from Alex, pacing off a few steps* "Back when I offended Lieutenant Morrison...I had nothing to lose. I didn't have friends like the people heah in Hazzard. I didn't know any true family. And now...just when I thought I had my life in order, and bein' a criminal was more a reputation than a reality anymore...this guy shows up to collect."

*turns to Alex once more, with anxiety in own expression* "I've changed, Alex, but it doesn't change what I've done in the past. I gotta handle this on my own. Meanwhile, you gotta stay free to become Hazzard's number one bad guy...if ..."

*with this dramatic statement left incomplete and hanging in the air, walks over to the gas cap of the Pontiac and opens it, suddenly busy with readying the car*

*listens to Brian speak, wandering around to the back of the car and pops open the trunk, rummaging around in it, finally looks around the open lid to peer at Brian*

"You're right, I'm not going to let you face that cop alone. You're not the only one with a past, I am too. Before I came here I was an assassin with a colorful career in the murder for hire business and like you I had nothing to lose, I was a loner. Yes I did enter this contest and I know that a true bad guy is still a loner who needs no one to help him out. *Slams down the lid to the trunk and walks around it, facing the pacing man in black*

We have a lot in common Brian, I too have changed. Does that pardon my past? *shakes his head* No it doesnt. I stole that cop's car and whether you want help or not you got it. You need help shaking that city cop and right now I'm as much a target as you are because I stole his car.

*Smiles* It was MaryAnne who sent me back to town, she gave me a choice, winning this bad guy contest or help out my Brother... And you know which choice I made.

*watches as Brian goes over to the gas tank and opens it, then joins him at it* So with that in mind...*brings one hand up, instead of a peice of hose, there's a pair of handcuffs and before the black clad Coltrane can react, the blond man's right wrist is cuffed to Brian's left...gives a grin at his startled expression...*

See? I told you there's all sorts of handy things in a cop's trunk. So we're going to trade cars and see if we can find Diablo then talk more about ye olde towne flatfoot.

*says with a wide grin*

*listens to Brian speak, wandering around to the back of the car and pops open the trunk, rummaging around in it, finally looks around the open lid to peer at Brian*

"You're right, I'm not going to let you face that cop alone. You're not the only one with a past, I am too. Before I came here I was an assassin with a colorful career in the murder for hire business and like you I had nothing to lose, I was a loner. Yes I did enter this contest and I know that a true bad guy is still a loner who needs no one to help him out. *Slams down the lid to the trunk and walks around it, facing the pacing man in black*

We have a lot in common Brian, I too have changed. Does that pardon my past? *shakes his head* No it doesnt. I stole that cop's car and whether you want help or not you got it. You need help shaking that city cop and right now I'm as much a target as you are because I stole his car.

*Smiles* It was MaryAnne who sent me back to town, she gave me a choice, winning this bad guy contest or help out my Brother... And you know which choice I made.

*watches as Brian goes over to the gas tank and opens it, then joins him at it* So with that in mind...*brings one hand up, instead of a peice of hose, there's a pair of handcuffs and before the black clad Coltrane can react, the blond man's right wrist is cuffed to Brian's left...gives a grin at his startled expression...*

See? I told you there's all sorts of handy things in a cop's trunk. So we're going to trade cars and see if we can find Diablo then talk more about ye olde towne flatfoot.

*says with a wide grin*

*Approaching the location the Dukes had told him about, the town mechanic wasn’t sure what to expect. Cooter was relieved and amused as the wrecker came to a stop on the road. A safe distance from the two men but close enough for them to hear a greeting. The town mechanic leaned his head out the open window of the tow truck and shouted* “Hey Brian, Alex… it’s good to see you.â€

*at the click of the handcuffs, there's a moment of shocked disbelief from one besieged, black-clad and bad Coltrane...and then...*

"Alex, have you lost yer freakin' mind?!" *yanks up own left arm while yelling, nearly causing the attached Alex to be pulled off-balance*

*it's only Cooter's arrival that saves Alex from a worse barrage. Seeing the arrival of the grinning mechanic, realizes that the Pontiac is about to be claimed, and any attempt to take it now would be reported as theft*

"Dammit! I mean, howdy Cooter!" *quickly tugs own left arm behind back, in an attempt to hide being handcuffed to Alex, which causes a distinctive metallic rattle and a sudden lurch as the blonde accomplice is jerked around*

*continues talking to Cooter, trying to cover own tracks somewhat* "Nice day, ain't it! We were just makin' sure this abandoned car didn't have nothin' happen to it. Looks like it just ran outta gas, that's all.." *quickly puts the gas cap back on and shuts the flap* "Now that you're heah, we'll just be on our way."

*steps back, bringing Alex along thanks to the friggin' handcuffs, trying to get over to the Caprice before Cooter calls the Dukes, or the Law, or just laughs some more....*

*...and then realizes getting back into the Caprice is going to be a real trick, now that Alex has become a cojoined twin via the handcuffs*

*at the click of the handcuffs, there's a moment of shocked disbelief from one besieged, black-clad and bad Coltrane...and then...*

"Alex, have you lost yer freakin' mind?!" *yanks up own left arm while yelling, nearly causing the attached Alex to be pulled off-balance*

*it's only Cooter's arrival that saves Alex from a worse barrage. Seeing the arrival of the grinning mechanic, realizes that the Pontiac is about to be claimed, and any attempt to take it now would be reported as theft*

"Dammit! I mean, howdy Cooter!" *quickly tugs own left arm behind back, in an attempt to hide being handcuffed to Alex, which causes a distinctive metallic rattle and a sudden lurch as the blonde accomplice is jerked around*

*continues talking to Cooter, trying to cover own tracks somewhat* "Nice day, ain't it! We were just makin' sure this abandoned car didn't have nothin' happen to it. Looks like it just ran outta gas, that's all.." *quickly puts the gas cap back on and shuts the flap* "Now that you're heah, we'll just be on our way."

*steps back, bringing Alex along thanks to the friggin' handcuffs, trying to get over to the Caprice before Cooter calls the Dukes, or the Law, or just laughs some more....*

*...and then realizes getting back into the Caprice is going to be a real trick, now that Alex has become a cojoined twin via the handcuffs*

*Julie says "Hey big brother I sure hope that Alex and Brian didn't get the briany idea of stealing my Trans Am, I would sure hate to have chew them out as well. I kind of think of the two them as family and it seems that when I seen that city cop take shots at Brian why I did what come natural to me that's all."

Cooter gets the Old Pontiac hooked up and he realized that Brian and Alex was handcuffed together and he looks and picks up the cb and says "Hey Duke boys and little sister I had just seen the funniest thing and your car is untouched, somehow Alex and Brian are handcuffed together and I wanted to laugh but I didn't I'm gone."

*Julie says "Hey big brother I sure hope that Alex and Brian didn't get the briany idea of stealing my Trans Am, I would sure hate to have chew them out as well. I kind of think of the two them as family and it seems that when I seen that city cop take shots at Brian why I did what come natural to me that's all."

Cooter gets the Old Pontiac hooked up and he realized that Brian and Alex was handcuffed together and he looks and picks up the cb and says "Hey Duke boys and little sister I had just seen the funniest thing and your car is untouched, somehow Alex and Brian are handcuffed together and I wanted to laugh but I didn't I'm gone."

*Julie says "Wait a minute the city cop didn't follow me and it seems why in the world would they be handcuffed together guys."

*Bo says "Oh that too funny you know if that city cop realized what you just pulled on him if he really wants Brian Coltrane not that I would miss him if he was gone but just think, he could get you on Aiding and Betting charges Little Sister."

*Just as Julie was about to say something Luke says "You Julie, you don't have to get into trouble you know how mad Uncle Jesse is going to be at you when he hears what you did."

*Julie says "Well, I don't care Brian and Alex are always teasing me that must not be a real Duke because I never enter a race and I never do anything risky like the two of you do. Hey guys I read this on Rosco's coffee mug the last time I paid a speeding ticket it goes "You don't have to be crazy to work here -- we offer on-the-job training."

*hears the shout and turns to see Cooter pulling up, obviously about to tow the deserted black car...*

Aw man there goes our get away car! *murmurs to Brian then nods to Cooter*

Hey Cooter, yeah like Brian said we're just watching the car. Oof! *tries to keep balance as Brian jerks his arm around, then straightening trying to appear as normal as possible*

Okay go ahead and take it away we'll just get out of your way... *clears throat then motions to the Caprice*

Come on we better get out of here before the Dukes come back or whoever shows up...

*Makes way over to the car then looks at Brian*

We have to get in this way, and besides its too late to hide, he probably saw the handcuffs. *then walks around to the driver side and opens it*

You slide in first then I will. *watches as Brian slides in then turns to the side and gets into the car as well, giving a grin then leaning over and gets the wires, touching the two together, the engine hesitating at first but then kicks over*

Stolen cop car or not we know the backroads around here good enough to make it back into town in a quiet, sneaky way. Let's go back to Hazzard Square and find Diablo. How's that sound?

*turns to look at Brian*

*hears the shout and turns to see Cooter pulling up, obviously about to tow the deserted black car...*

Aw man there goes our get away car! *murmurs to Brian then nods to Cooter*

Hey Cooter, yeah like Brian said we're just watching the car. Oof! *tries to keep balance as Brian jerks his arm around, then straightening trying to appear as normal as possible*

Okay go ahead and take it away we'll just get out of your way... *clears throat then motions to the Caprice*

Come on we better get out of here before the Dukes come back or whoever shows up...

*Makes way over to the car then looks at Brian*

We have to get in this way, and besides its too late to hide, he probably saw the handcuffs. *then walks around to the driver side and opens it*

You slide in first then I will. *watches as Brian slides in then turns to the side and gets into the car as well, giving a grin then leaning over and gets the wires, touching the two together, the engine hesitating at first but then kicks over*

Stolen cop car or not we know the backroads around here good enough to make it back into town in a quiet, sneaky way. Let's go back to Hazzard Square and find Diablo. How's that sound?

*turns to look at Brian*

Balladeer: It's good thing Alex isn't making a bet on Diablo even being in town at the moment.

"What the heck is he comin' this way for---GAAAH!!!" *slams brakes on Firebird and turns wheel to the right*

*Jack slams brakes on patrol car and turns wheel to his right, putting the driver's sides of both vehicles facing one another*

*once the dust settles, the lieutenant looks at the deputy* "Now I'm begining to understand why you had such a hard time with traffic lights in Atlanta!"

"Oh hush! We have vehicular laws here, and you just broke about 40 of 'em! The worst of which is you stole my patrol car."

"I commandeered it."

*Rosco, at this point, has joined the conversation standing on the otherside of Maverick* "Shoot heck, he can actually pronounce the word?"

"Look," MaryAnne continued, "I'm sorry your car got stolen. That was my idea, it was a prank. We'll get it back and we'll get you on your way--"

"Oh I'm not hanging around here just because my car got stolen. I came to Hazzard with a purpose and I'm not leaving until I do what I came here to do."

"Which is?" Rosco asked.

"I already told you. Justice is demanding payment and I'm here to collect. Now if you two want to bust me for taking your patrol car, go ahead. You can try and delay justice for your cousin, but you'll never deny it."

"Yeah, well maybe only a just justice can never be denied. As for right now, you stole my patrol car, you are now going to have to deal with a little small town justice." *puts Firebird in reverse and backs up, allowing Rosco to step in to place Lieutenant Morrison under arrest*

*steps out of patrol car at the Sheriff's command and allows self to be placed under arrest. Rosco removes the 9mm handgun from Jack's shoulder holster and then places handcuffs on the lieutenant's wrists*

"You have the right to remain silent..."

"Are the handcuffs really necessary, Sheriff?"

"Hush." *Rosco resumes the Miranda warnings and then Jack to his patrol car and places him in back. MaryAnne meanwhile has secured her patrol car and locked it. She and Rosco would come back for it once Jack has been placed in jail. A few moments later, Rosco's patrol car leads the way with Maverick following back to town.*

*back at the sheriff's office, Rosco puts Jack in the holding cell. The Lieutenant looks at Rosco through the bars after the door is shut*

"All right Sheriff, what are the charges?"

"How's stealing county property and assaulting an officer sound for starters?"

*blinks* "You play hardball, I see."

"I can play a pretty good game of dirty pool when I have to. Here's the deal. We'll get your car back for you and then I'll set bail. And assuming you can pay it, you'll be allowed to leave. You leave and never come back, I'll drop the charges."

"I see your reputation as a fair and honest lawman has remained intact despite the rumours..."

*Rosco ignores the comment* "That's the deal. For now, you sit. MaryAnne and I have to go get her patrol car. We'll be back."

*watches the two officers leave. With a sigh, he turned and sat down on the wooden bench. He had a feeling he was going to be here for quite a spell.*