A Few Good Bad Guys

MaryAnne

*thinks a moment, then answers* "Maybe Bo or A.J.," *pause, stares at the stranger. Doesn't really want to ask but reputations make the question necessary.* "Are you a skipper, er captain?" *inquires*

*one eyebrow goes up from behind the wire rimmed glasses. Not sure if the question is legit or if the girl is being flip. Answers seriously* "Lieutenant. With the Atlanta police department." *shows badge* "Now Bo or A.J. One of them have long blond hair?"

*one eyebrow goes up from behind the wire rimmed glasses. Not sure if the question is legit or if the girl is being flip. Answers seriously* "Lieutenant. With the Atlanta police department." *shows badge* "Now Bo or A.J. One of them have long blond hair?"

*looks at badge* “A.J.,†*answers hesitantly* “Alex Jackson,†*glances at the backpack* “He's been a help to my detective business", *speaks quietly and looks at the officer* “Anything else, sir?â€

*looks at badge* “A.J.,†*answers hesitantly* “Alex Jackson,†*glances at the backpack* “He's been a help to my detective business", *speaks quietly and looks at the officer* “Anything else, sir?â€

"No, that's all, thanks. Helps your detective business eh? He must be the repo man..." *tucks badge back into inside pocket of suit jacket and turns around, walking back to the courthouse*

*jogs up the steps and heads inside. A moment later, comes through the booking room doors to find Rosco dealing with a small riot. A group of people are asking about the Bad Guy contest and when would MaryAnne be back. Rosco, apparently having no clue what his cousin had been up to, could only answer...*

"Danged if I know! What do you mean Bad Guy contest? MaryAnne was holding a Bad Guy contest? We got enough bad guys in this town all ready. We got Brian. Jit! We don't need more than him. And Alex I suppose. And...well, there's them Duke boys, they're bad enough. In fact, they're worse. They're--" *glances up to see who has entered*

*upon seeing the Atlanta cop who's name he couldn't remember, Rosco left the crowd and boldly approached the man in the suit* "Jit Jit! Awright, awright, what are you doin' here? I got enough trouble in my county, I don't need some city slick cop making things worse."

"Well, originally I came here looking for your cousin."

"I dunno where he is."

"I meant your other cousin. MaryAnne."

"Oh. Well I dunno where she is either. If I did, I wouldn't have all these unhappy people here, asking about some contest I know nothin' about and I would probably also know why the heck Lex Hogg is in my holdin' cell."

*glances over at the holding cell, sees the young girl behind the bars. Looks back at the Sheriff.* "You folks sure do keep busy around here don't you?"

"We manage just fine thankyouverymuch."

"Well that's good. Then maybe you can help me get my car back and I won't hang around town too long. I think it was stolen by Alex Jackson."

*somebody in the crowd blurterd out about MaryAnne telling Alex to steal the car*

"Jit jit! Why would MaryAnne tell somebody to steal a car? That's unbecoming of a deputy Sheriff!"

*responds* "Not if she were testing somebody to be a Bad Guy."

*a white patrol car pulls up a couple of minutes later. Gets out and walks to Alex and the grey Chevy. Expression is neutral but nods, acknowledging the success of stealing the car. Now comes the important part...*

"Very good. Now that you've stolen a cop's car, Alex, what are you going to do with it? Bear in mind you can't take it to a chop shop."

*grins* "Well Deputy there are a number of things I could do to this car. It all depends on whether or not you want that other cop to get it back." *chuckles*

*grins* "Well Deputy there are a number of things I could do to this car. It all depends on whether or not you want that other cop to get it back." *chuckles*

"It's not about what I want, Alex. This is about what you want." *paces around to the front of the Chevy and pauses to look back to Alex. Gestures the Caprice itself* "This car represents a crossroads decision in this Bad Guy Challenge. It's up to you, Alex. Do you truly want to be the Ultimate Bad Guy in Hazzard? Or....would you perhaps want to help your Blood Brother, Brian?"

"It's not about what I want, Alex. This is about what you want." *paces around to the front of the Chevy and pauses to look back to Alex. Gestures the Caprice itself* "This car represents a crossroads decision in this Bad Guy Challenge. It's up to you, Alex. Do you truly want to be the Ultimate Bad Guy in Hazzard? Or....would you perhaps want to help your Blood Brother, Brian?"

*watching the Deputy then looks at the car, the smile slowly fading from the blond man's face, then raises gaze to look at MaryAnne...*

"I want to help my Brother." *states, the dark eyes locked on the Deputy's face*

*Meanwhile, back at the Busy Bee Cafe', which has become the unlikely hideout for one particular bad guy....*

"Doc! I'm tryin' to hide!" *hushed drawl from behind the newspaper* "There's an Atlanta cop hangin' around town , and if he finds me here, he's gonna display an awful spectacle o' justice."

*partially moves one half of the opened newspaper to peer at Doc from behind it* "That cop doesn't fall for much, so tryin' to distract him with mere feminine wiles won't work. Tho' if you went up to him and pretended to twist an ankle or something, and acted like you needed help...maybe you could draw him off, so I could hightail it outta heah."

*waits to see if Doc can help...*

Doc nodded. "Least I can do, since I wasn't able to humilate Alex, seems he was doing that well enough on his own." She slipped the fifty out of her pocket and tucked it into the black jeans pocket with a little pat. "Lunch in own me after all, darling. Stay here and needs be, you can make a dash to the clinic."

With a wink and a grin, Doc left the cafe and sauntered back over to the courthouse, noting quite a crowd had gathered by now. Well, nothing like an acting debut for an audience. Good thing too, she had worn her spike heel boots, which would make it believeable to anyone she could trip.

Pushing her ways through the booking room doors, Doc spotted the cop in question and walked over, pretending to regain her spot in the crowd.

She took one step onto the steps, and let her heel slip off it, letting out the appropiate femenine gasp, she stumbled and fell into the Atlanta cop and Rosco, making sure she had to catch him around the waist to halt her "fall". femenine wiles won't work, my foot, she thought, she didin't know a man alive would wouldn't be distracted by a buxom blonde suddenly throwing herself at him.

*watching the Deputy then looks at the car, the smile slowly fading from the blond man's face, then raises gaze to look at MaryAnne...*

"I want to help my Brother." *states, the dark eyes locked on the Deputy's face*

*nods* "That's what I figured." *steps back around to stand before Alex* "You didn't hear any of this from me but the cop's name is Jack Morrison and he's more than likely here in Hazzard looking for Brian to dispense some justice. I had no idea he was coming, but I figure the reason he came to the courthouse to see me was to issue fair warning. As a duly sworn deputy, I can't completely interfere with him, but he'll know of my vocal protest if nothing else. You on the other hand can help Brian more directly."

*glances at the Caprice* "I'll leave it to your discretion, Alex."

Doc nodded. "Least I can do, since I wasn't able to humilate Alex, seems he was doing that well enough on his own." She slipped the fifty out of her pocket and tucked it into the black jeans pocket with a little pat. "Lunch in own me after all, darling. Stay here and needs be, you can make a dash to the clinic."

With a wink and a grin, Doc left the cafe and sauntered back over to the courthouse, noting quite a crowd had gathered by now. Well, nothing like an acting debut for an audience. Good thing too, she had worn her spike heel boots, which would make it believeable to anyone she could trip.

Pushing her ways through the booking room doors, Doc spotted the cop in question and walked over, pretending to regain her spot in the crowd.

She took one step onto the steps, and let her heel slip off it, letting out the appropiate femenine gasp, she stumbled and fell into the Atlanta cop and Rosco, making sure she had to catch him around the waist to halt her "fall". femenine wiles won't work, my foot, she thought, she didin't know a man alive would wouldn't be distracted by a buxom blonde suddenly throwing herself at him.

*the lieutenant had been listening to Rosco sputter on about the absuridity of MaryAnne having a Bad Guy Contest when suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw the attractive blonde trip and come flailing toward him. He and Rosco both reacted, the lieutenant obviously being in a better position to help the damsel in free-fall distress, since she latched on him at the moment of decent. Jack caught her in a secure embrace and steadied her back on her feet.*

"Woah, careful there...." *notices briefly the spike heeled boots that were apparently the culprit of the fall* "I think you need to either practice more with those boots or just give up." *looks at her with a smile* "You okay?"

"I think so." Doc made sure she responded breathlessly. Suddenly letting out another gasp, she lifted her foot and leaned into the cop, as if for balance. "I can't put any weight on my foot, I think I sprained it on the way down."

*looks around the booking room and sees the chairs located just down from the booking desk* "Here, you better sit down...." *steers the young woman toward the chairs, noticing that she seems to be making a point of 'getting a little closer.'* "Uh, must hurt really bad huh?"

*looks around the booking room and sees the chairs located just down from the booking desk* "Here, you better sit down...." *steers the young woman toward the chairs, noticing that she seems to be making a point of 'getting a little closer.'* "Uh, must hurt really bad huh?"

Limping over to the chair, leaning her "bad" side against the cop's. "Hurts like hell, funny thing, since I'm the town doctor. Maybe you should take me over to the clinic....I'd be..." She gave him her best southern belle sigh and smile. "much obliged to you."

Limping over to the chair, leaning her "bad" side against the cop's. "Hurts like hell, funny thing, since I'm the town doctor. Maybe you should take me over to the clinic....I'd be..." She gave him her best southern belle sigh and smile. "much obliged to you."

*sits in jail cell grinnin' like a cheshire cat, debating on blowing the whistle that the Doc is a certain Coltrane's girlfriend. Decides against it. Don't exactly want a screw up on my next exam! Continues thinking, watching. Watches long enough to be convinced that Doc is indeed faking it and shakes my head. Brian must really really be in trouble if he's got Doc getting all close and personal with another man.

*Whistles for Rosco who comes over. Whispers very quietly* Rosco, if Brian needs help, let me know. I would be willing to help, if you'd be so inclined to let me out to help you save the tail end of one of your kin. Don't gotta decide now. *walks back over to cot and goes back to reading a magazine.

*sits in jail cell grinnin' like a cheshire cat, debating on blowing the whistle that the Doc is a certain Coltrane's girlfriend. Decides against it. Don't exactly want a screw up on my next exam! Continues thinking, watching. Watches long enough to be convinced that Doc is indeed faking it and shakes my head. Brian must really really be in trouble if he's got Doc getting all close and personal with another man.

*Whistles for Rosco who comes over. Whispers very quietly* Rosco, if Brian needs help, let me know. I would be willing to help, if you'd be so inclined to let me out to help you save the tail end of one of your kin. Don't gotta decide now. *walks back over to cot and goes back to reading a magazine.

The Sheriff looks at the young woman and wonders what she is talking about. “You little rascal,†Rosco smiles. “MaryAnne put you in here, she’ll be the one to let you out.†He informs Lex. Rosco then starts walking toward his office. He hasn’t been given any substantial proof that a vehicle was stolen. “Jack, there’s a bus leaving from the depot in a half hour…â€

*in his line of work, Jack had had various women flirt, flaunt and, unfortunately, fall for him. As such, the lieutenant had built up a pretty good resistence over the years, helped by the little gold band around his left finger. Whether the doctor was really hurt or not was debatable, but the excessive physical contact was obvious that she was going out of her way to either get his attention or distract him. No woman, ever, had made any kind of move on Jack at first meeting like this. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't stop traffic attractive either. He was slim and fit, but the wire rimmed glasses and the angles of his face made him look a little more severe. Some woman would consider him to just be plain vanilla. Certainly, not worth feigning an injury to the ankle just to get a little closer to him.*

*looks at the woman, appearing obvious that he has little interest in her ploy.* "Yeah, I bet you would..." * glances to Rosco for help but the Sheriff has wandered over to the holding cell....*

The Sheriff looks at the young woman and wonders what she is talking about. “You little rascal,†Rosco smiles. “MaryAnne put you in here, she’ll be the one to let you out.†He informs Lex. Rosco then starts walking toward his office. He hasn’t been given any substantial proof that a vehicle was stolen. “Jack, there’s a bus leaving from the depot in a half hour…â€

*once Doc is settled on the chair, steps away from her and looks at Rosco* "Well that's great, Sheriff, but I'm not leaving until I get my car back. And don't tell me I'm the only gentleman in this room who can help the lady here..." *gestures to Doc* "which, I'll be happy to help you," *he says, looking at her* "but if you're hurting that bad I think it might take two of us to get you where you want to be." *looks to Rosco again*

*Rosco, not exactly realizing why Chance was being so friendly toward Jack to begin with, stepped away from his office door and looked at the city cop* "We don't need your help 'round here. I'll take care of Doc. Why don't you just leave?"

"Not until--"

"Forget your car! Jit! I'll put you on that bus myself."

"You running me out of town Sheriff?"

"You might say that."

"Well good luck. Because I'm not leaving. I was going to issue fair warning to MaryAnne but I'll give it to you instead. Justice is demanding her payment, Sheriff and I'm here to collect. And I'm not leaving until I do..."

*nods* "That's what I figured." *steps back around to stand before Alex* "You didn't hear any of this from me but the cop's name is Jack Morrison and he's more than likely here in Hazzard looking for Brian to dispense some justice. I had no idea he was coming, but I figure the reason he came to the courthouse to see me was to issue fair warning. As a duly sworn deputy, I can't completely interfere with him, but he'll know of my vocal protest if nothing else. You on the other hand can help Brian more directly."

*glances at the Caprice* "I'll leave it to your discretion, Alex."

*listens to the words and rubs a hand over his face* Damn...I can imagine what his brand of justice is. Whatever it is, I'm not going to let him do anything to Brian...*then gazes at the Deputy grinning* Well seems I did steal his car...looks like that put me at the top of the dispensing justice list, doesnt it? *turns and gets back and gets into the stolen car and stomps on the gas, the tires spinning as the car takes off, heading back to the town square with the pedal to the floor...

After driving at top speed for awhile, ends up back at Hazzard Square and pulls right up to the courthouse*

Hmmmm I wonder where you are? *looks around not seeing the cop in question* I bet here somewhere wondering what happened to your car, arent you flatfoot? *Whispers to self then shrugs* Well lets see what happens when you poke a bear with stick. *begins honking the horn, then rolls down the window* Hey! Yo! Cop! I got a cop car right here! Yoo Hoo!! Atlanta cop!!

*making all kinds of noise trying to draw attention to himself...*

*begins honking the horn, then rolls down the window* Hey! Yo! Cop! I got a cop car right here! Yoo Hoo!! Atlanta cop!!

*making all kinds of noise trying to draw attention to himself...*

*walks up to Chevy with a piece of paper in one hand and addresses the high - spirited blond* “Alex, I’m glad to see you!†*Tosses the paper in through the open window and takes a step back from the vehicle.*

*Just before all the noise, one black-clad Coltrane had finally decided that Doc was successfully distracting the Atlanta cop, as no one had left the courthouse for several minutes.*

*After making sure the coast was clear, the erstwhile, nervous Coltrane slunk out of the cafe and started to jog across the street, hoping to get to his own car and escape before the Atlanta officer ever knew a thing...*

*..until Alex came roaring back in the stolen unmarked cruiser, and started laying on the horn like an idiot.*

*Runs up to the beeping, honking car, but doesn't see Daney stepping back from the driver's side of it until it's too late, and plows into her like she was the lone standing pin in a high-stakes bowling game* THUD!

*falls to the ground with her, pancaking the slender girl beneath own body. Hastily scrambles up, hauling Daney to her feet* "Daney! You picked a helluva time to be handin' out pamphlets! Go stand in the middle of the street where it's safe, will ya?!"

*lunges up to the stolen car, and opens the driver's door to give Alex a few thoughts yelled from the top of lungs*

"ALEX!! Are you freakin' crazy!? You steal that Atlanta cop's car and then you bring it back to taunt him?! Quit with the horn, get outta the car and run for your what's left of yer life! I don't know how you're plannin' to win the bad guy contest, but stayin' alive goes a long way towards qualifyin'!"

*the words are barely out, when an instinctive sense of danger causes all attention to turn and look at the courthouse doors...*

*Just before all the noise, one black-clad Coltrane had finally decided that Doc was successfully distracting the Atlanta cop, as no one had left the courthouse for several minutes.*

*After making sure the coast was clear, the erstwhile, nervous Coltrane slunk out of the cafe and started to jog across the street, hoping to get to his own car and escape before the Atlanta officer ever knew a thing...*

*..until Alex came roaring back in the stolen unmarked cruiser, and started laying on the horn like an idiot.*

*Runs up to the beeping, honking car, but doesn't see Daney stepping back from the driver's side of it until it's too late, and plows into her like she was the lone standing pin in a high-stakes bowling game* THUD!

*falls to the ground with her, pancaking the slender girl beneath own body. Hastily scrambles up, hauling Daney to her feet* "Daney! You picked a helluva time to be handin' out pamphlets! Go stand in the middle of the street where it's safe, will ya?!"

*lunges up to the stolen car, and opens the driver's door to give Alex a few thoughts yelled from the top of lungs*

"ALEX!! Are you freakin' crazy!? You steal that Atlanta cop's car and then you bring it back to taunt him?! Quit with the horn, get outta the car and run for your what's left of yer life! I don't know how you're plannin' to win the bad guy contest, but stayin' alive goes a long way towards qualifyin'!"

*the words are barely out, when an instinctive sense of danger causes all attention to turn and look at the courthouse doors...*

*...which burst open a moment later and out comes flying one blue suited Atlanta cop, who had seen everything from the window in the booking room. Jack barrels down the courthouse steps going directly after...*

"Brian!!"

*looks at the paper that was dropped into the lap and picks it up, tossing it back at her* I'm not a trash can Daney.

*No sooner had the words left the blond man's mouth then Brian slams into her, both of them crashing to the ground, watches the exchange between them both and about to speak to Brian as he jerks open the door, when the courthouse doors burst open and the flatfoot in question heads down the steps*

Oh crap!! *turns to see Brian and places on foot on the ground, stands halfway up partially vacating the seat, grabs Brian by his jacket and hauls him into the car slides him along the steernig wheel and bowls him into the passenger seat, sits back down and slams on the gas, the car taking off in a burst of speed, the force slamming the driver side door*

This isnt what I had in mind but I'm not about to let that cop use your black clad butt for target practice! Now buckle up!!

*states the Brian as the wheel is turned hard to the side, the Caprice going along the Hazzard Square circle then out of it and heading for open country*

*as the grey Caprice jackrabbited toward the square, a white Plymouth Fury came around from the backside of the courthouse in time to see the commotion. Nearly hits the lieutenant who's standing in the middle of the road, watching for the second time that day his car leave without him behind the wheel*

*slams the brakes and lays on the horn* "HEY! Just because we ain't got no stop lights in this town doesn't mean we condone jaywalkin'! Get outta the road!"

*as the grey Caprice jackrabbited toward the square, a white Plymouth Fury came around from the backside of the courthouse in time to see the commotion. Nearly hits the lieutenant who's standing in the middle of the road, watching for the second time that day his car leave without him behind the wheel*

*slams the brakes and lays on the horn* "HEY! Just because we ain't got no stop lights in this town doesn't mean we condone jaywalkin'! Get outta the road!"

*spins around to find himself inches from the front grill of the Fury* "$#%&!" *jumps back and then steps around the car and up to the driver door. Pulls it open* "Out!"

"I don't think so --"

"OUT!" *reaches in and grabs the deputy by the arm, pulling her out of the car and sending her over into Daney's direction, nearly knocking the Duke woman down for a second time*

*after getting in, slams the car door shut and looks out the open window* "You and your Sheriff cousin have made it pretty clear which side of the blue line you're on this time. I wondered how long it would take before your badge was just as tarnished as his!"

*MaryAnne stood, mouth agape* "You got nothin' on Brian! Leave him alone!"

"Nice try...." *slams the car into gear and tears off around the square following the road he last saw his unmarked Caprice on*

*spins around to find himself inches from the front grill of the Fury* "$#%&!" *jumps back and then steps around the car and up to the driver door. Pulls it open* "Out!"

"I don't think so --"

"OUT!" *reaches in and grabs the deputy by the arm, pulling her out of the car and sending her over into Daney's direction, nearly knocking the Duke woman down for a second time*

*after getting in, slams the car door shut and looks out the open window* "You and your Sheriff cousin have made it pretty clear which side of the blue line you're on this time. I wondered how long it would take before your badge was just as tarnished as his!"

*MaryAnne stood, mouth agape* "You got nothin' on Brian! Leave him alone!"

"Nice try...." *slams the car into gear and tears off around the square following the road he last saw his unmarked Caprice on*

*looks to see Deputy Coltrane is not physically hurt.* “Oh MaryAnne… †*speaks quietly. Then runs over to the KHOGG building and hurries inside. The tune playing at the radio station has a calming effect. Quickly grabs the cb mic on the equipment table and pushes the talk button.* “Anyone listening on the Hazzardnet, a suited fella just removed MaryAnne Coltrane from her patrol car and took off with it. If you see the vehicle, please report into the Sheriff’s Department…â€

*with Alex driving the stolen Caprice like he was qualifying for the Daytona 500, there was nothing for the passenger to do but get bounced around in the car like dice in a tin cup. Finally rights self in the passenger seat, clicks on the seat belt, and gives a frown to Alex*

"Do you realize, buddy ol' pal, that thanks to your hijackin' me off the street...that I look like a party to Grand Theft Auto? Do you realize, Alex, that the cop back there has enough reasons to nail me already without adding that to the list?"

*Without giving Alex a chance to answer, rants on* "Do you realize that as a former wheelman, I had a darn good chance of escape if only I'd have made it to my own car? And now you're haulin' me farther away from it! And thanks to yer sheer brilliance in stealin' an unmarked cop car, I'm sure the State Patrol will be after our hides!"

*fuming, leans back in the seat, and then notices the squad lights flashing in the side mirrors. Recognizes the Hazzard County cruiser, but also notices that the driving style is tight, fast, and more determined than the usual pursuit-for-fun around Hazzard County. Gets a nasty feeling that the person driving the white patrol car is not anybody friendly....*