A Few Good Bad Guys

MaryAnne

Julie is still waiting and wandering what in the world is going on right now, and she knows if her family knows what she had just done they will be worried sick about it. She picks up the cb and says "Little Sister, any Dukes got the ears on I'm in the Boars Nest parking lot and it seems that all the Coltranes are here and Alex in fact he was driving."

"What?!" *surprised, and then becoming more worried* "MaryAnne, I appreciate the help, but ain't that goin' just a little far? He's liable to go after ya'll next. Ain't him hatin' one Coltrane enuff?"
*eyebrows go in surprise at MaryAnne's words* He's in jail? For what?

*sighs then hears Brian's reaction and nods as well* He's right MaryAnne, you all can't hold him in jail forever.

*leans back in the chair gazing at the three Coltranes*

Well his car is out back, so now what? I don't think he's the forgive and forget type.

*listens to the reactions then glances at Rosco* "Well assaultin' an officer and stealing county property ain't exactly minor o-ffenses. He pretty much knows the deck is stacked against him here in Hazzard. I'll admit we can't hold him forever, but atleast it buys some time to figure out what to do next. Rosco's willing to cut a deal, if Jack leaves Hazzard we won't press charges. That doesn't necessarily guarantee he won't try to come back tho'."

*Daisy responds to Julie from the cb mic and box at the counter.* "Lots of folks drive here, honey." *looks over at the table* "I appericate patrons like Chance, Alex and the Coltranes," *pause* "I have an order to take of, Julie. Talk to you later." *Daisy sits the cb mic down and starts making a drink, for a regular customer.*

*listens to the reactions then glances at Rosco* "Well assaultin' an officer and stealing county property ain't exactly minor o-ffenses. He pretty much knows the deck is stacked against him here in Hazzard. I'll admit we can't hold him forever, but atleast it buys some time to figure out what to do next. Rosco's willing to cut a deal, if Jack leaves Hazzard we won't press charges. That doesn't necessarily guarantee he won't try to come back tho'."

*looks at Rosco with some amazement* "Wow. Railroadin' another cop. Normally I'd admire that kinda thang, but if Jack Morrison decides to fight fire with fire, he'll git the both of ya on aidin' and abettin' me. Put it all in front of a circuit court judge, and it'll probably go against ya."

*heaves a breath* "Morrison ain't gonna quietly leave nor stay gone, no matter what pressure ya put on 'em. And now Alex, and Doc, and Julie, and probably a few more folk are gonna be under his suspicion for renderin' aid and comfort to the enemy."

*pauses a beat, letting that sink in, and continues* "The only thang that might get him to leave us alone, at least for awhile, is if he gets some feelin' of accomplishment while he's heah. He nevah managed to get the best of me in Atlanta, so maybe he wants to let me know that he hasn't forgotten anythang. That he still intends to make me pay."

*looks to all around the table* "This may sound crazy, but I think Jack needs to get thangs outta his system. I say you let 'em out, let 'em come after me if he wants, and I'll give him enough chase and shootout to let him think he's scared me good. Then, I'll do a wounded duck act, and promptly disappear. I'll lay low a couple days, let him figure I left the area...and then I'll saunter back home once he returns to Atlanta."

*waits to see how this idea goes over...*

*looks at Rosco with some amazement* "Wow. Railroadin' another cop. Normally I'd admire that kinda thang, but if Jack Morrison decides to fight fire with fire, he'll git the both of ya on aidin' and abettin' me. Put it all in front of a circuit court judge, and it'll probably go against ya."

*heaves a breath* "Morrison ain't gonna quietly leave nor stay gone, no matter what pressure ya put on 'em. And now Alex, and Doc, and Julie, and probably a few more folk are gonna be under his suspicion for renderin' aid and comfort to the enemy."

*pauses a beat, letting that sink in, and continues* "The only thang that might get him to leave us alone, at least for awhile, is if he gets some feelin' of accomplishment while he's heah. He nevah managed to get the best of me in Atlanta, so maybe he wants to let me know that he hasn't forgotten anythang. That he still intends to make me pay."

*looks to all around the table* "This may sound crazy, but I think Jack needs to get thangs outta his system. I say you let 'em out, let 'em come after me if he wants, and I'll give him enough chase and shootout to let him think he's scared me good. Then, I'll do a wounded duck act, and promptly disappear. I'll lay low a couple days, let him figure I left the area...and then I'll saunter back home once he returns to Atlanta."

*listens to Rosco then turns attention to Brian as he speaks* Morrison wouldn't come after me for aiding, he'd come after me for stealing his car. *glances at MaryAnne briefly* Now I know that was your idea and maybe returning his car to him will soothe him or maybe it won't. He got a good look at me and I'm pretty sure he has a fair idea of who I am.

*once again turns attention to Brian* As for your idea Brian, I can't say I'm thrilled with the notion of him using you as a target. Oh I know you'll give him a run for his money and head for the hills, but what if you being scared out of town doesn't satisfy him enough to leave Hazzard and head back to Atlanta?

*gaze turns from Brian to both Coltrane cousins, waiting for their input on this idea as well...*

*forgive the delay - in the process of moving*

Listening to all this, Doc looked thoughtful. "If Morrison hadn't already seen me as part of the act, I would suggest we turn up Brian's idea a notch to a dead duck routine. Being a doctor, I could provide enough evidence if we could fake Brian's death, that would certainly satisify Morrison to leave Hazzard for good. But the evidence could no longer come from me, I'm already under suspicion for that little 'sprained ankle' routine I pulled.

It would be easy enough to pull out a fake death certificate and autospy report and then Brian could lay low for a while."

*forgive the delay - in the process of moving*

Listening to all this, Doc looked thoughtful. "If Morrison hadn't already seen me as part of the act, I would suggest we turn up Brian's idea a notch to a dead duck routine. Being a doctor, I could provide enough evidence if we could fake Brian's death, that would certainly satisify Morrison to leave Hazzard for good. But the evidence could no longer come from me, I'm already under suspicion for that little 'sprained ankle' routine I pulled.

It would be easy enough to pull out a fake death certificate and autospy report and then Brian could lay low for a while."

*Julie says "Damm, My inhaler in the General Lee right now I could really use it right now why didn't grab it. Little Sister calling Lost Sheep One or Lost Sheep Two I seemed to have left something important and I'm at the Boar's Nest I'm not feeling too well and I could really use it at the moment."

Balladeer: I sure hope that Bo and Luke realize what Julie left in the back of the General. I sure wouldn't want to lose her right now I at least hope the Doc Walker heard the call as well. You know it seems that sometimes it's not your day and I wandering why nobody is getting mad that Julie followed Alex and Brian and obviously she's in trouble and just her health is concerned and wonder what Lt. Jim Morrison has in mind for everbody that has been interferring with his trying to catch Brian Coltrane.

*listens to Brian's suggestion along with Alex's and Doc's input. Gestures to Doc* "Yeah, faking Brian's death would have been pretty good, except Jack would know it was a set up from the start. Despite the fact that he's only been in town for a short while, I think the lieutenant has figured out most of the cast of characters around here." *glances around at everyone*

"He knows Alex's name already" *Rosco says*

"How'd he figure that out?"

"You know I'm not...." *Rosco trails off and notices somebody watching from Boss's office. It looks like Daney. "...sure. He mighta asked somebody that had been in the bookin' room. Or just asked around town."

*follows Rosco's line of sight and then looks back to the table* "Well, anybody not knowing who Jack was or why he was in town, wouldn't have thought anything about answering any questions." *pauses, thinking how Julie's parked outside, and Daney's watching things from the office* "Dukes sure get curious when Coltranes get into trouble don't they?" *smiles and then continues*

"Awright, I think Brian's idea might work tho'. The one thing Jack craves is the chance to get Brian." *pauses* "Speaking as a cop, I can't say I don't understand that. Every cop wants that one chance to deliver justice." *raises blue eyes to black clad kin* "Naturally I have a conflict of interest in this paticular situation however."

*from kin, looks to everyone again* "Alex, your concern is legitimate but we have no way of knowing what will be enough to get Jack to leave Hazzard. I think it'll be enough to tie him over for awhile, but I'm afraid the final answer to that is out of our control. We can't keep him in jail and we really can't all gang up on him either. This is an issue that's between Jack and Brian and will eventually need to be resolved between Jack and Brian... If the rest of us continue to get in the way, we could all land in some serious, serious, trouble."

*listens to Brian's suggestion along with Alex's and Doc's input. Gestures to Doc* "Yeah, faking Brian's death would have been pretty good, except Jack would know it was a set up from the start. Despite the fact that he's only been in town for a short while, I think the lieutenant has figured out most of the cast of characters around here." *glances around at everyone*

"He knows Alex's name already" *Rosco says*

"How'd he figure that out?"

"You know I'm not...." *Rosco trails off and notices somebody watching from Boss's office. It looks like Daney. "...sure. He mighta asked somebody that had been in the bookin' room. Or just asked around town."

*follows Rosco's line of sight and then looks back to the table* "Well, anybody not knowing who Jack was or why he was in town, wouldn't have thought anything about answering any questions." *pauses, thinking how Julie's parked outside, and Daney's watching things from the office* "Dukes sure get curious when Coltranes get into trouble don't they?" *smiles and then continues*

"Awright, I think Brian's idea might work tho'. The one thing Jack craves is the chance to get Brian." *pauses* "Speaking as a cop, I can't say I don't understand that. Every cop wants that one chance to deliver justice." *raises blue eyes to black clad kin* "Naturally I have a conflict of interest in this paticular situation however."

*from kin, looks to everyone again* "Alex, your concern is legitimate but we have no way of knowing what will be enough to get Jack to leave Hazzard. I think it'll be enough to tie him over for awhile, but I'm afraid the final answer to that is out of our control. We can't keep him in jail and we really can't all gang up on him either. This is an issue that's between Jack and Brian and will eventually need to be resolved between Jack and Brian... If the rest of us continue to get in the way, we could all land in some serious, serious, trouble."

*also turns to see who Rosco is looking at and sighs* Yeah if he asked Daney, I'm sure she told him who I am. *then looks back at MaryAnne*

So what do we do? Just stand there and watch Jack and Brian throw down? None of us can just watch like spectators at the Coliseum while the two gladiators battle...*wipes hand over face a moment giving a sigh* I'm just afraid that Jack's idea of justice isnt a cuffing and stuffing but more like a permanent six feet under solution...*gaze goes to Brian briefly then to MaryAnne, wondering if the same thought has crossed the Deputy's mind as well, the dark eyes communicating this to her...*

*listens, and meets the eyes of everyone around the table as they speak. After Alex's statement of worry, tries to put the concerns at ease*

"Jack Morrison would probably get more satisfaction in takin' me in alive. S' more of a challenge," *says with a dismissive shrug* "The idea of me bein' behind bars the rest of my life, and havin' to remember that Jack was the one who finally put me there....has gotta sound good to him."

I hope it does, anyhow....*thinks privately to self*

*clears throat and looks to Doc* "Your idea mighta worked, 'cept like you said, he suspects you now. Plus, there's one dangerous problem with it. If I'm playin' dead, Jack would wanna see the body. And once he sees me, he'd probably think of putting a bullet into me just to make sure. If I'm already "dead" it shouldn't matter, right? But if any of you started carryin' on, and tried stoppin' him, the whole shuck n' jive would fall apart. He'd have me right there, and have all of ya'll on charges of...whatevah fakin' a death is."

*pauses, tapping fingers on table, drawling thoughts aloud* "That's the problem with this cop. He's smart. Too damn smart. In fact, we need a way of gettin' him outta that jail cell on his own, or he may figure we got some sorta plan goin'. We gotta let him think he's got the el-lah-ment of surprise. But how..."

*Julie Duke is feeling really terrible by now, and she thinks to herself if Doc Walker is in the Boars Nest maybe she could get some help. She was feeling bad this morning but didn't want to tell anybody she was trying to also cover it up from Uncle Jesse.

Just at the moment Julie walks in the Boars Nest and she glances around and says "So this what everybody been talking about it's nothing special."By now she is really weezing and she had wished she hadn't left her inhaler in the General and she was about to see if Doc Walker was anywhere to be found and she looked around and seen her cousin Daisy around and she says "Daisy, I left my inhaler in the General do you think you can get the docter for me, or let Uncle Jesse and the rest of the know in case something happens to me."

Balladeer: Oh Julie, this don't look good to you why don't you just tell somebody your sick instead of acting like your not. Do all of y'll see that she just pass out right on the floor. Oh I wonder what Daisy is thinking right now as she is person to see her cousin pass out.

*listens, and meets the eyes of everyone around the table as they speak. After Alex's statement of worry, tries to put the concerns at ease*

"Jack Morrison would probably get more satisfaction in takin' me in alive. S' more of a challenge," *says with a dismissive shrug* "The idea of me bein' behind bars the rest of my life, and havin' to remember that Jack was the one who finally put me there....has gotta sound good to him."

I hope it does, anyhow....*thinks privately to self*

*clears throat and looks to Doc* "Your idea mighta worked, 'cept like you said, he suspects you now. Plus, there's one dangerous problem with it. If I'm playin' dead, Jack would wanna see the body. And once he sees me, he'd probably think of putting a bullet into me just to make sure. If I'm already "dead" it shouldn't matter, right? But if any of you started carryin' on, and tried stoppin' him, the whole shuck n' jive would fall apart. He'd have me right there, and have all of ya'll on charges of...whatevah fakin' a death is."

*pauses, tapping fingers on table, drawling thoughts aloud* "That's the problem with this cop. He's smart. Too damn smart. In fact, we need a way of gettin' him outta that jail cell on his own, or he may figure we got some sorta plan goin'. We gotta let him think he's got the el-lah-ment of surprise. But how..."

*shuddering at the image of Morrison firing a bullet into Brother* Yeah he is pretty smart. *listens to the idea of how to get Morrison out of jail on his own, the blond head tips to one side a moment* Well let's think about that, how do the Duke boys always manage to escape the jail cell on their own? *a smile slowly comes to the face then turns gaze to Rosco*

Rosco, if there's a way that that cop can find to escape his cell, I suggest we give it to him. Out of all the times the Dukes escaped jail, wasn't there a Deputy involved? *then glances at MaryAnne briefly*

Not this Deputy but your other one...Deputy Enos Strait.

*then looks at the people around the table*

Balladeer: You mean nobody heard Julie faint and pass out on the floor how could Daisy be the only one to hear that. Doesn't anybody care about is going in the Bar right now.

Julie is looking at her cousin and says "Common Daisy, just go get Doc Walker I don't care is she does yell at me for being here and I know our cousin is around her somewhere I don't want to go out before I graduate and besides I everybody in the family will miss me as well."

*Rosco looks up at Julie Duke and sighs* "Excuse me, I think somebody's looking for attention..." *gets up and goes to help Daisy with Julie.*

*Meanwhile, Bo and Luke, having overhard Julie's frantic call on the CB, arrive at the Boar's Nest with inhaler in hand. The boys go to where Daisy has Julie sitting at one of the tables. Bo hands the inhaler to her, telling her she should have been more careful to keep an eye on it*

*MaryAnne watches the commotion and then looks at Brian, Alex and Doc* "I don't know if Jack would try to escape from the jail on his own or not. Rosco and I already told him we'd bring his car back and would let him out, provided he left Hazzard, to which we would drop the charges. I don't think he'd suspect a damn thing by that route but he has to figure, that we would figure, that he wouldn't leave that easily." *pauses in thought* "We'd have to find someway to inspire him to want to escape on his own. We could deny him his one phone call I suppose. Throw some more tumpted up charges at him. Make 'em mad."

*Rosco looks up at Julie Duke and sighs* "Excuse me, I think somebody's looking for attention..." *gets up and goes to help Daisy with Julie.*

*Meanwhile, Bo and Luke, having overhard Julie's frantic call on the CB, arrive at the Boar's Nest with inhaler in hand. The boys go to where Daisy has Julie sitting at one of the tables. Bo hands the inhaler to her, telling her she should have been more careful to keep an eye on it*

*MaryAnne watches the commotion and then looks at Brian, Alex and Doc* "I don't know if Jack would try to escape from the jail on his own or not. Rosco and I already told him we'd bring his car back and would let him out, provided he left Hazzard, to which we would drop the charges. I don't think he'd suspect a damn thing by that route but he has to figure, that we would figure, that he wouldn't leave that easily." *pauses in thought* "We'd have to find someway to inspire him to want to escape on his own. We could deny him his one phone call I suppose. Throw some more tumpted up charges at him. Make 'em mad."

*shaking head watching the Duke boys with Julie* Bo and Luke why dont you take Julie to Tri- County or better yet, the hospital in Atlanta? The one thats the farthest away? Can't take chances with her health you know.

*then turns attention to MaryAnne* Well it we want him to break himself out. The only way to reallly make him mad would be for Brian and I to take off. If you tell him that both of us are heading back to Atlanta or just out of town period, that should inspire him to want to break out just to go after us.

*watching MaryAnne waiting for her reaction*

*shaking head watching the Duke boys with Julie* Bo and Luke why dont you take Julie to Tri- County or better yet, the hospital in Atlanta? The one thats the farthest away? Can't take chances with her health you know.

*then turns attention to MaryAnne* Well it we want him to break himself out. The only way to reallly make him mad would be for Brian and I to take off. If you tell him that both of us are heading back to Atlanta or just out of town period, that should inspire him to want to break out just to go after us.

*watching MaryAnne waiting for her reaction*

*has approached the area of the table and listened.* "Jack was wearing a wedding band," *pause and looks at Rosco rejoining the group.* "Threatening or talking badly about his family or friends might rile him." *hestiantly speaks*

*Having watched Daisy leave, shakes head and turns and looks at the dumb city clicker cop, and sees his expression, and very bored. Decides to rattle the dog's cage* Yeah, You heard me, I called you a dumb city slicker! All City Slickers are dumb. Dumbest folks I ever met. Shoot, I bet ya wife is about as dumb as ya are. I bet ol' Rosco is about twenty times smarter than most city slickers, you included! *steps closer to the cell and smirks, not really thinking.* Stupidest man in the world. If ya was smart, had a brain, ya woulda taken my offer to keep you occupied! Just cause I said worht ya while, doesn't mean I'll break you out. You too dumb to know that copper? Sh** if you were smart, you'd've stayed in Atlanta, or not become a cop! *stops to laugh* I bet you're gonna get a nice fat divorce when that wife of yours finds out you're in jail.... hmm... *Laughs even more* And MaryAnne's reputation as a good cop reaches far! Maybe you'll even loose your job! *has no idea of the others plans, just going off cause the cops nasty look, and denial of giving any type of information*

(Sorry folks, been busy myself! Dang beaurocracy!)

*has approached the area of the table and listened.* "Jack was wearing a wedding band," *pause and looks at Rosco rejoining the group.* "Threatening or talking badly about his family or friends might rile him." *hestiantly speaks*

*listening to the comments, and going particularily pale at Daney's suggestion* "That's not just rilin' him up. That's askin' for him to go postal. He's mad enuff for what I done...so we gotta be dang careful about addin' any more incentive."

*thinks of something* "You could probably let him out for us, and he woudn't suspect a thang. That's up to MaryAnne tho'. She knows Morrison better than I do."

*Having watched Daisy leave, shakes head and turns and looks at the dumb city clicker cop, and sees his expression, and very bored. Decides to rattle the dog's cage* Yeah, You heard me, I called you a dumb city slicker! All City Slickers are dumb. Dumbest folks I ever met. Shoot, I bet ya wife is about as dumb as ya are. I bet ol' Rosco is about twenty times smarter than most city slickers, you included! *steps closer to the cell and smirks, not really thinking.* Stupidest man in the world. If ya was smart, had a brain, ya woulda taken my offer to keep you occupied! Just cause I said worht ya while, doesn't mean I'll break you out. You too dumb to know that copper? Sh** if you were smart, you'd've stayed in Atlanta, or not become a cop! *stops to laugh* I bet you're gonna get a nice fat divorce when that wife of yours finds out you're in jail.... hmm... *Laughs even more* And MaryAnne's reputation as a good cop reaches far! Maybe you'll even loose your job! *has no idea of the others plans, just going off cause the cops nasty look, and denial of giving any type of information*

(Sorry folks, been busy myself! Dang beaurocracy!)

*looks at Lex and as the young girl's mouth keeps on running, props an elbow on his knee and rests his head in his hand. Doesn't seem at all offended by anything Lex says, only the occasional jump of eyebrows shows any reaction to what she's saying. When she finishes, he looks at her for a long moment, reminded of an old Irish proverb that says 'tis better to keep one's mouth shut and appear the fool than to open it and remove all doubt.'

*since the girl seemed bored, decides to play up on her spiel. Stands up from the bench and approaches the bars of the holding cell. Speaks calmly and apologetically* "Apparently I offended you by not taking your offer. My apologies." *expression becomes wistful* "You're probably right. I've been in the city waaay too long and it's warped my brain. I guess I got a bad case of Cityfioused Stupidious, AKA Dumb City Slicker Syndrome. There's probably no cure. Now I'm stuck here in a backwoods jail. Serves me right I s'pose..."

*turns away from the bars and steps back to the bench, sitting down next to suit jacket, sighing heavily* "Yeah, the wife will probably divorce me now. I'll be an embarassment to the Atlanta PD so that'll be the end of my career." *snorts ruefully* "Twenty-six years, flushed down the toilet all because I rejected a young girl's offer of a puzzle book...." *shakes head sadly* "For that, I am such a wretched human being..."

*looks down at self, seeing necktie. Pulls it untucked from his vest and holds out the material. Shakes head again* "Hazzard County Sheriff's office should know better than to put a potentially despondent man in a jail cell with a necktie..."

*listening to the comments, and going particularily pale at Daney's suggestion* "That's not just rilin' him up. That's askin' for him to go postal. He's mad enuff for what I done...so we gotta be dang careful about addin' any more incentive."

*thinks of something* "You could probably let him out for us, and he woudn't suspect a thang. That's up to MaryAnne tho'. She knows Morrison better than I do."

*hears Daney's suggestion and eyebrows go up at her idea* Yeah Morrison is plenty determined as it is right now, I doubt he needs more inspiration.

*turns attention Brian and nods* Right, the moment he's free he's going to have to come after us...*then glances at MaryAnne for her take on this*

*hears Daney's suggestion and eyebrows go up at her idea* Yeah Morrison is plenty determined as it is right now, I doubt he needs more inspiration.

*turns attention Brian and nods* Right, the moment he's free he's going to have to come after us...*then glances at MaryAnne for her take on this*

"He's gonna be looking for Brian in paticular, no matter what. Awright, we play this out like we were gonna. Rosco and I will take his car back to town and let him out of jail. He'll leave and probably make it like he's left town, meaning he'll sneak back in. He'll avoid me and Rosco for sure. You'll have the advantage as you'll know the territory. But don't let Jack Morrison's city influence fool you. Like Brian said, he's smart. And he'll catch on to things real quick."

"He's gonna be looking for Brian in paticular, no matter what. Awright, we play this out like we were gonna. Rosco and I will take his car back to town and let him out of jail. He'll leave and probably make it like he's left town, meaning he'll sneak back in. He'll avoid me and Rosco for sure. You'll have the advantage as you'll know the territory. But don't let Jack Morrison's city influence fool you. Like Brian said, he's smart. And he'll catch on to things real quick."

*nods listening to MaryAnne* Of course, he'll leave to pacify the two of you but right, he will come back to try and get him. *gaze bounces from MaryAnne to Brian* We can head out in Diablo...*puts a hand up* And before you even say it, I'm coming with you Brian.

*nods listening to MaryAnne* Of course, he'll leave to pacify the two of you but right, he will come back to try and get him. *gaze bounces from MaryAnne to Brian* We can head out in Diablo...*puts a hand up* And before you even say it, I'm coming with you Brian.

*nods to Alex* "I figured on it. Reckon we oughta get movin', now that everythang's decided."

*stands up from the table, but then turns to Doc and leans down to give her a slow, tender kiss, gently cupping her face with the palm of one hand. Eyes close for a moment...trying not to say goodbye, but knowing anything could happen...*

*nods to Alex* "I figured on it. Reckon we oughta get movin', now that everythang's decided."

*stands up from the table, but then turns to Doc and leans down to give her a slow, tender kiss, gently cupping her face with the palm of one hand. Eyes close for a moment...trying not to say goodbye, but knowing anything could happen...*

*nods and also sighs in relief, stands up* Yeah we better go...*then watches as Brian kisses the blond doctor, smiling for a moment but then the smile fades a little knowing the reason behind the kiss. Turns then to look at both Coltranes, the gaze communicating that their kin will be all right. turns back to look at Brian, not wanting to rush him but knowing time is short...clears throat a moment*

*nods and also sighs in relief, stands up* Yeah we better go...*then watches as Brian kisses the blond doctor, smiling for a moment but then the smile fades a little knowing the reason behind the kiss. Turns then to look at both Coltranes, the gaze communicating that their kin will be all right. turns back to look at Brian, not wanting to rush him but knowing time is short...clears throat a moment*

Balladeer: Shouldn't one of them ask Doc for a ride back to town since MaryAnne and Rosco are taking Jack's car...