A Few Good Bad Guys

MaryAnne

*looks at the Lt and shakes head.* Saying something is worth your while doesn't mean someone's gonna do something illegal. I Wasn't gonna do anything illegal, just offer you something they do actually allow in the big house. I was just gonna offer you a way to pass the time through keeping that mind of yours occupied through reading and puzzle books. *shrugs* I know how those ol' cells can be when it comes to bordom. No TV, no music, nothing to really entertain yourself. *shrugs again* Oh well, your loss. Last time I take sympathy on a dumb city slicker that don't live in Hazzard *looks over at Daisy and smiles.* Hey Daisy! How's Cooter and your kin? They need any help with anything?

*glares at Lex as she turns her back to greet Daisy. Dumb city slicker?!*

*looks at the Lt and shakes head.* Saying something is worth your while doesn't mean someone's gonna do something illegal. I Wasn't gonna do anything illegal, just offer you something they do actually allow in the big house. I was just gonna offer you a way to pass the time through keeping that mind of yours occupied through reading and puzzle books. *shrugs* I know how those ol' cells can be when it comes to bordom. No TV, no music, nothing to really entertain yourself. *shrugs again* Oh well, your loss. Last time I take sympathy on a dumb city slicker that don't live in Hazzard *looks over at Daisy and smiles.* Hey Daisy! How's Cooter and your kin? They need any help with anything?
*glares at Lex as she turns her back to greet Daisy. Dumb city slicker?!*

*Daisy notes the man’s unpleasant expression and smiles. Relieved there is some news to share with her family.* “Last I saw the people you mentioned, they were busy with vehicle maintenance. You know how it is, Lex.â€

Julie says "Oh, I keep that in mind but I still want to go and besides as I don't walk in the place Rosco can't do nothing to me I'm not drinking there Uncle Jesse. I'm gone I keep my radio on and I hope nobody follows me there as well."

“Ok Julie,†*Jesse looks at Cooter* “How much we owe you for Julie’s car?†*he asks*

“Nothing, Jesse.†*Cooter answers*

“You have a mortgage and bills just like everyone else,†*Jesse reminds gently* “I can get the money from the bank or the boys can work it off…â€

“What?†*Luke and Bo yelp in unison*

Balladeer: I guess Bo and Luke aren’t gonna be following Julie if they have to work off her garage bill… they probably have one for the General Lee that needs paid too.

"Songbird, I've got a cuckoo with me who says you told 'em to ....uh, move a car for you." *issues the bent truth as to not incriminate anyone over the air* "There's some confusion, tho', on where 'zactly we outta put it now. Last I knew, the tapwater in town was runnin' hot, so if you got any advice...we're all ears."

*with this carefully phrased statement given, hopes that MaryAnne can provide some idea of where things stand, without incriminating herself in the process. Wonders privately if the Deputy would be the one winning the "Bad Guy" contest before this was all over...*

*thinks about how much to reveal over the radio. Decides that the less that is spoken, the better.* "Bear and I are on our way back to town now, once he leaves off his car we can pick up that other one. Meet us at the Boar's Nest."

*The cb chatter is also heard by Scout in a vehicle parked in an alleyway.*

*answers MaryAnne on the CB*

"10-4, Songbird. See ya there."

*hangs up the CB, then responds to Alex's steady chatter* "No, it don't sound like MaryAnne's in trouble, but that's when she's usually in trouble. Tho' that Atlanta cop must be occupied or distracted by somethin', or she'd nevah openly call a meetin' place over the air."

*thinks of something else* "Unless, of course, it's a trap, but MaryAnne wouldn't set us up. Even if she was pressured by the law to do it. So I gotta assume she's awright and that it's safe to meet her and Rosco there."

*says nothing else for a moment while Alex drives. Feels a nagging suspicion, however, that this meeting won't go unobserved. Worries that MaryAnne is going to end up having a lot to answer for, to one Jack Morrison....*

*....and there's already a high Coltrane tab with the Atlanta officer. One that can only be paid by facing the music...*

*answers MaryAnne on the CB*

"10-4, Songbird. See ya there."

*hangs up the CB, then responds to Alex's steady chatter* "No, it don't sound like MaryAnne's in trouble, but that's when she's usually in trouble. Tho' that Atlanta cop must be occupied or distracted by somethin', or she'd nevah openly call a meetin' place over the air."

*thinks of something else* "Unless, of course, it's a trap, but MaryAnne wouldn't set us up. Even if she was pressured by the law to do it. So I gotta assume she's awright and that it's safe to meet her and Rosco there."

*says nothing else for a moment while Alex drives. Feels a nagging suspicion, however, that this meeting won't go unobserved. Worries that MaryAnne is going to end up having a lot to answer for, to one Jack Morrison....*

*....and there's already a high Coltrane tab with the Atlanta officer. One that can only be paid by facing the music...*

*watches as Brian replaces the CB mike* I know she'd never lure us into a trap but I can't help but wonder who else is going to be at this meeting, we dont know who was listening to that call.

*sighs a moment* Just because we give that cop his car back that doesn't mean either of us are off the hook with him.

*turns attention back to Brian* Once we return the car, then what? We're both on his wanted list now...

*watches as Brian replaces the CB mike* I know she'd never lure us into a trap but I can't help but wonder who else is going to be at this meeting, we dont know who was listening to that call.

*sighs a moment* Just because we give that cop his car back that doesn't mean either of us are off the hook with him.

*turns attention back to Brian* Once we return the car, then what? We're both on his wanted list now...

Julie takes off in her car and she heads for the Boars Nest unaware of the possible trap that lay ahead for anybody that shows up.

*listens to Alex's steady babble during the trip to the Boar's Nest, and gives an offhand remark*

"Oh, I got that all figured out. I'll make Jack Morrison an offer he can't ree-fuse."

*doesn't elaborate, saying nothing else until arriving at the Boar's Nest..*

*listens to Alex's steady babble during the trip to the Boar's Nest, and gives an offhand remark*

"Oh, I got that all figured out. I'll make Jack Morrison an offer he can't ree-fuse."

*doesn't elaborate, saying nothing else until arriving at the Boar's Nest..*

*glances at Brian, dark eyes narrowing a little in suspicion* You have it all figured out. *decides not to say anything else for now, having a gut feeling about what Brian intends to do, about to open mouth but decides not to comment...turns attention back to the road, pondering a few strategies, Brian not the only one that has things figured out. Finally slowing down as the Boars Nest comes into view and decides to park the stolen cop car around the back of the Boars Nest*

I think its best this car not be in plain sight. *shuts the car down and looks at Brian* Guess we go in there all casual and wait for MaryAnne?

*glances at Brian, dark eyes narrowing a little in suspicion* You have it all figured out. *decides not to say anything else for now, having a gut feeling about what Brian intends to do, about to open mouth but decides not to comment...turns attention back to the road, pondering a few strategies, Brian not the only one that has things figured out. Finally slowing down as the Boars Nest comes into view and decides to park the stolen cop car around the back of the Boars Nest*

I think its best this car not be in plain sight. *shuts the car down and looks at Brian* Guess we go in there all casual and wait for MaryAnne?

"Reckon so. I'm bankin' on the fact she's smarter than us, and that this ain't a trap somebody put her up to."

*gets out of the car, walking to the front entrance of the Nest* "Tho' if there's any trouble, we hightail it outta heah at the first sign of it. I don't want this turnin' into no gun battle where somebody innocent could get hurt."

*realizes this doesn't sound very badguy-ish, and adds with a drawl* "Besides, I'd rather save the bullets for Lieutenant Jack Morrison."

"Reckon so. I'm bankin' on the fact she's smarter than us, and that this ain't a trap somebody put her up to."

*gets out of the car, walking to the front entrance of the Nest* "Tho' if there's any trouble, we hightail it outta heah at the first sign of it. I don't want this turnin' into no gun battle where somebody innocent could get hurt."

*realizes this doesn't sound very badguy-ish, and adds with a drawl* "Besides, I'd rather save the bullets for Lieutenant Jack Morrison."

I hope its not a trap for any of us. *Gets out of the car, then gives a nod at Brian* Right, any trouble and we're gone...*follows Brian to the door glancing around casually, instincts on high alert, at the mention of the bullets gives another serious nod*

Oh I got plenty of bullets for him...*dark eyes flashing a moment, mouth tightening briefly at the idea of this cop after Brother, then reaches out to grip the doorknob and opens the door*

Well let's see if MaryAnne is here. *steps inside first on purpose, looking around for the Deputy.*

*watches as Alex elbows his way through to walk into the Boar's Nest first. Gives him a mocking bow*

"Ladies first!"

*while appreciating Alex's loyalty, feels a growing irritation at the over-protection. Hesitates outside of the Boar's Nest for a moment, looking around. Spots Julie Duke watching from within her car. Wonders if she's here to snoop, or if this is an innocent coincidence..*

*...but then realizes she's here to snoop, because after all, she's a Duke and that's what Dukes are famous for. Shrugs to self, leaving her be, and walks inside the Boar's Nest...not knowing who else may be here, as friend or foe.....*

*After having been unsuccessful in distracting the policeman from Brian, Doc had returned to the office for a bit, with no sign of injury of course. Being a slow day, the action being elsewhere in Hazzard, she had stopped to the Boar's Nest for a drink.

Uponing seeing Brian and Alex, she raised her eyebrow and nodded, acknowledging them, unsure to greet them and blow their cover, given the visitors in town*

At the police station…

*Daisy says to Lex.* “I need to get going, take care.†*She walks over to the garage to find Bo, Luke and the town mechanic enjoying a beverage in the office area. Information about the lieutenant and other concerns is exchanged. She then leaves Cooter’s place and goes to where Daney is waiting to take her to work.*

*watches as Alex elbows his way through to walk into the Boar's Nest first. Gives him a mocking bow*

"Ladies first!"

*while appreciating Alex's loyalty, feels a growing irritation at the over-protection. Hesitates outside of the Boar's Nest for a moment, looking around. Spots Julie Duke watching from within her car. Wonders if she's here to snoop, or if this is an innocent coincidence..*

*...but then realizes she's here to snoop, because after all, she's a Duke and that's what Dukes are famous for. Shrugs to self, leaving her be, and walks inside the Boar's Nest...not knowing who else may be here, as friend or foe.....*

*Julie thinks to herself did they spot me or is just me I don't know I sure go in the Boars Nest and find out now that would really blow my cover now.

"Ladies first!"

*hears Brian remark then sees him step inside* No, I'm not a lady but speaking of one...*motions to the blond woman at the bar* I see one friendly face at least.

*turns to look at Brian* Question is...is Doc and MaryAnne the only friendly faces we're going to see? *dark eyes looking around the room carefully, instincts on high alert...keeps glancing at the door wondering who else is going to show up*

*hears Brian remark then sees him step inside* No, I'm not a lady but speaking of one...*motions to the blond woman at the bar* I see one friendly face at least.

*turns to look at Brian* Question is...is Doc and MaryAnne the only friendly faces we're going to see? *dark eyes looking around the room carefully, instincts on high alert...keeps glancing at the door wondering who else is going to show up*

*as if on cue, one brown haired female deputy walks in with her cousin Sheriff right behind her. Literally. She stops to look around and Rosco runs smack into her*

"Ooof!" *turns to Rosco* "Jit-jit!"

"Sorry. That's my line by the way." *Rosco says with mock complaint. He glances around and sees Alex and Brian. And Doc as well.* "The gang's all here."

"Yep, so they are." *walks over to Alex and Brian, openly* "Howdy there. Find a table, have a seat. We'll give ya the lowdown."

*Julie see's Daney pull in and see's Daisy get out and go into work and she see's Daney get out of walk over to her and she thinks to herself *I really in for it now she will tell Uncle Jesse about this right here now."

*Waits until after MaryAnne and Rosco enter the Boar’s Nest to acknowledge Julie with a smile.* “Hey, I need to check if the trash collectors were here today.†*Makes it sound like an unappealing chore so Julie will not follow. Walks around to the back of watering hole where the dumpster is located and decides to try the office door to enter the tavern.*

*as if on cue, one brown haired female deputy walks in with her cousin Sheriff right behind her. Literally. She stops to look around and Rosco runs smack into her*

"Ooof!" *turns to Rosco* "Jit-jit!"

"Sorry. That's my line by the way." *Rosco says with mock complaint. He glances around and sees Alex and Brian. And Doc as well.* "The gang's all here."

"Yep, so they are." *walks over to Alex and Brian, openly* "Howdy there. Find a table, have a seat. We'll give ya the lowdown."

*after giving a welcoming smile to Doc, turns to watch cousins' entrance. Feels some natural anxiety at the sight of the uniformed duo, under the circumstances, kin or not. Who knows what the Atlanta officer may be pressuring them into?*

*ultimately, trusts MaryAnne enough to sit down and hear her out. Glances at Alex and Doc, nodding towards a nearby table for all of them to gather around. Pulls out a chair and sits down, bracing self for whatever news the cop-cousins Coltrane are about to deliver*

*after giving a welcoming smile to Doc, turns to watch cousins' entrance. Feels some natural anxiety at the sight of the uniformed duo, under the circumstances, kin or not. Who knows what the Atlanta officer may be pressuring them into?*

*ultimately, trusts MaryAnne enough to sit down and hear her out. Glances at Alex and Doc, nodding towards a nearby table for all of them to gather around. Pulls out a chair and sits down, bracing self for whatever news the cop-cousins Coltrane are about to deliver*

*sees the Coltrane duo and sighs in relief, nodding to both Coltranes in silent greeting, then sees Brian motion and nods, following all three Coltranes and sits down at the table, watching both uniformed Coltranes, ready to hear what they have to say...*

*after settling at the table, looks around at Rosco, Alex and Brian* "Okay. At the risk of stating the obvious, Morrison's looking for you." *looks at Brian* "Right at the moment, however, he's cooling his heals in the county jail..."

*pauses to catch reaction from those at the table*

*after settling at the table, looks around at Rosco, Alex and Brian* "Okay. At the risk of stating the obvious, Morrison's looking for you." *looks at Brian* "Right at the moment, however, he's cooling his heals in the county jail..."

*pauses to catch reaction from those at the table*

"What?!" *surprised, and then becoming more worried* "MaryAnne, I appreciate the help, but ain't that goin' just a little far? He's liable to go after ya'll next. Ain't him hatin' one Coltrane enuff?"

"What?!" *surprised, and then becoming more worried* "MaryAnne, I appreciate the help, but ain't that goin' just a little far? He's liable to go after ya'll next. Ain't him hatin' one Coltrane enuff?"

*eyebrows go in surprise at MaryAnne's words* He's in jail? For what?

*sighs then hears Brian's reaction and nods as well* He's right MaryAnne, you all can't hold him in jail forever.

*leans back in the chair gazing at the three Coltranes*

Well his car is out back, so now what? I don't think he's the forgive and forget type.