A Few Good Bad Guys

MaryAnne

*glances at Alex* "Hmm...you say cop like it's a bad word..."

*Turns from speaking to the suited man to look at the Deputy and leans closer to her, voice dropping low* "No not necessarily Deputy, for instance, you are a law enforcement officer but youre not a cop." *gives a little grin at that then shrugs* "I know it sounds strange but there is a difference, at least to me."

*Turns from speaking to the suited man to look at the Deputy and leans closer to her, voice dropping low* "No not necessarily Deputy, for instance, you are a law enforcement officer but youre not a cop." *gives a little grin at that then shrugs* "I know it sounds strange but there is a difference, at least to me."

"I see..."

*watching as the suited man exists then turns at the Deputy giving a shrug* "No you probably don't." *smiles* "Just trust me on it okay? So what's the next question?" *Cranes neck to look at the clipboard*

"No, Alex, I think I do see.." *turns the clipboard so Alex can't see* "Don't be tryin' to sneak a peek now..." *steps back from Alex* "Hmm...next question, next question..."

"No, Alex, I think I do see.." *turns the clipboard so Alex can't see* "Don't be tryin' to sneak a peek now..." *steps back from Alex* "Hmm...next question, next question..."

"You're probably the first and only law officer Ive ever trusted." *straightens as the clipboard is moved away, crossing arms over chest, clearing throat wondering if face is red at this point, brushing hand over cheeks nonchalantly* "Okay so what's the next question?"

'Yeah..." *smirks* "I might..." *steps back and exits through the booking room doors*

*Has arrived in the building and entering the first office door near the building entrance. Catches a glimpse of a suited gentleman exit the booking room* “You look nice today, Brian†*casual tone of voice speaks, before going into the office.*

"You're probably the first and only law officer Ive ever trusted." *straightens as the clipboard is moved away, crossing arms over chest, clearing throat wondering if face is red at this point, brushing hand over cheeks nonchalantly* "Okay so what's the next question?"

"A cop walks into the room and... oh, never mind you've answered that one already." *marks on the clipboard* "Tho' the donut comment was kinda cliche'. However, I'll over look that due to the bear claw comeback." *makes note then looks at Alex* "Come to think of it, what the hell is a bear claw anyway?"

*Has arrived in the building and entering the first office door near the building entrance. Catches a glimpse of a suited gentleman exit the booking room* “You look nice today, Brian†*casual tone of voice speaks, before going into the office.*

*the 48 year old lieutenant stops short* "Brian?!" *turns around but the woman who spoke has disappeared into the booking room. Shakes head, turning back the other way and continues on down the hall* "Either Brian's starting to look older than his age or that girl needs some serious glasses...."

"A cop walks into the room and... oh, never mind you've answered that one already." *marks on the clipboard* "Tho' the donut comment was kinda cliche'. However, I'll over look that due to the bear claw comeback." *makes note then looks at Alex* "Come to think of it, what the hell is a bear claw anyway?"

*chuckles watching MaryAnne then grins at the question* "A bear claw is a flaky pastry thats baked in the shape of a bear's paw." *Holds up own hand, fingertips curling in slightly, imitating the shape of the pastry in question.* "Looks sort of like this, they're pretty good and usually have almonds on them." *Smiling a moment then lowers the hand* "Does that answer your question? And what's the next bad guy question?"

*chuckles watching MaryAnne then grins at the question* "A bear claw is a flaky pastry thats baked in the shape of a bear's paw." *Holds up own hand, fingertips curling in slightly, imitating the shape of the pastry in question.* "Looks sort of like this, they're pretty good and usually have almonds on them." *Smiling a moment then lowers the hand* "Does that answer your question? And what's the next bad guy question?"

"Ah, I see." *nods* "Awright, next question here...." *looks at the clipboard* "Hmm...ya know, so far on the text book questions you're following all the rules. Or rather breaking all the rules. Maybe it's time we see how you do with practical application." *walks over to the window that looks out to the street. The police lieutenant from Atlanta is heading toward the Busy Bee cafe. Parked out front is a plain grey Chevy Caprice. Turns back to Alex*

"How do you feel about a little grand theft auto?"

"Ah, I see." *nods* "Awright, next question here...." *looks at the clipboard* "Hmm...ya know, so far on the text book questions you're following all the rules. Or rather breaking all the rules. Maybe it's time we see how you do with practical application." *walks over to the window that looks out to the street. The police lieutenant from Atlanta is heading toward the Busy Bee cafe. Parked out front is a plain grey Chevy Caprice. Turns back to Alex*

"How do you feel about a little grand theft auto?"

*Follows the Deputy and peers out the window, watching the police lieutenant heading for the cafe, turns to look at her and grins...* "Why of course MaryAnne, I'm always up for some mischief." *Turns back to look at the Chevy Caprice* "So, I steal the car and meet you....where?" *tirns to look at MaryAnne, waiting for an answer...*

"Meet me at Willow Corners. You've got..." *looks at watch* "...twenty minutes." *grins*

*grins* "Done, see you there!" *turns and heads out of the booking room, ducking into the Rhuebottom's store...coming out with a small tool kit and carefully makes way to the Chevy Caprice. Leans against it a moment looking right and then left. When the coast is clear turns to face the drive side door...taking a flat peice of metal the shape of a ruler and sticks it down into the window popping the lock then gets in, tipping over to one side and reaches under the dash pulling out some wires. Takes out a small keychain size knife and opens it, severing a pair of wires then exposes the wiring, touching them to one another, the engine sputtering before it finally kicks over. Grins then sits up and puts the car in gear, hitting the gas on the Caprice and takes off for Willows Corner...*

*grins* "Done, see you there!" *turns and heads out of the booking room, ducking into the Rhuebottom's store...coming out with a small tool kit and carefully makes way to the Chevy Caprice. Leans against it a moment looking right and then left. When the coast is clear turns to face the drive side door...taking a flat peice of metal the shape of a ruler and sticks it down into the window popping the lock then gets in, tipping over to one side and reaches under the dash pulling out some wires. Takes out a small keychain size knife and opens it, severing a pair of wires then exposes the wiring, touching them to one another, the engine sputtering before it finally kicks over. Grins then sits up and puts the car in gear, hitting the gas on the Caprice and takes off for Willows Corner...*

*hears the sound of a roaring engine coming from the direction of the courthouse, turns around and sees own Chevy Caprice taking off for parts unknown* "Hey! HEY!!!" *starts running back but the car is gone out of town in a lot less than 60 seconds. Stops on the sidewalk infront of the courthouse, giving up*

*suddenly, sees a white Plymouth patrol car rounding the corner. Flags the car down*

"Jit jit!" Rosco exclaimed. "Git out of the road!"

"Sorry, Sheriff. Somebody just stole my car!"

"Stole yer car?!"

"I don't think I can make it any plainer, Sheriff. They just took off, it's a plain grey Chevy police car. I'd appreciate it if we could go after them."

"Police car! Jit! Is nothin' sacred?" *looks at the sharp suited man* "Wait a minute, you're a cop?"

*flashes badge* "Jack Morrison, Atlanta PD."

"JIT! You're--you're--I know who you are, you're whassisname!"

*blinks. Crap* "Umm..."

"Sorry," *turns head away, wanting nothing to do with the cop* "I'm off duty." *patrol car rolls away from the lieutenant.*

*throws hands up*

*hears the sound of a roaring engine coming from the direction of the courthouse, turns around and sees own Chevy Caprice taking off for parts unknown* "Hey! HEY!!!" *starts running back but the car is gone out of town in a lot less than 60 seconds. Stops on the sidewalk infront of the courthouse, giving up*

*suddenly, sees a white Plymouth patrol car rounding the corner. Flags the car down*

"Stole yer car?!"

"I don't think I can make it any plainer, Sheriff. They just took off, it's a plain grey Chevy police car. I'd appreciate it if we could go after them."

"Police car! Jit! Is nothin' sacred?" *looks at the sharp suited man* "Wait a minute, you're a cop?"

*blinks. Crap* "Umm..."

"Sorry," *turns head away, wanting nothing to do with the cop* "I'm off duty." *patrol car rolls away from the lieutenant.*

*throws hands up*

*The stolen Chevy slows to a stop at Willows Corners, the blond man behind the wheel laughing as he shuts the engine down and checks his watch*

"Ha! And with 5 minutes to spare!" *chuckles then gets out of the car and leans up against the driver side door crossing arms over chest, waiting for MaryAnne to appear*

*Meanwhile, as Alex hightailed it out of town, and the Atlanta cop stood near the street contemplating life without his unmarked car....*

*...the reigning champion of bad guys watched all the commotion through the window of the Busy Bee Cafe, and contemplated a change of career.*

*Fending off competiton from rivals and wanna-be's and one's own friends, was par for the course. Dealing with the law and finessing a way out of trouble was a daily activity.*

*But finding your most intrepid and determined advesary dropping in out of the blue, right in the middle of turf you thought safe, was a smack in the head. Lt. Jack Morrison had a personal vow of justice to fullfill....while one erstwhile Coltrane wanted nothing more than to avoid this Altanta cop at all costs. There was Jack, not far from the Cafe', and in fact he'd been heading towards the cafe until his car was stolen.*

*there was no leaving the Cafe' now, as there was no way to reach the black Chevy and escape without crossing paths with the Atlanta cop...*

Damn, *thinks to self* I'm gonna halfta hide in heah until Jack gets outta the view. So much for Hazzard bein' a safe place to lay low.

*grabs a newspaper from the counter and opens it up, hiding behind it. Sits at the counter like any other customer, sipping coffee, and doing best to render own self invisible.*

I gotta hope that cop leaves town fast, *thinks to self* 'cause otherwise Alex is gonna win this contest, he and Doc are gonna start havin' an affair, and I'll be staring at a brick wall and barbed wire the rest of my life.

*watching all the fuss from the inside of the courthouse, Doc could only shakes her head and snort. Giving a sigh, she headed back outside. Apparently Alex was too bent on impressing MaryAnne for her ploy to work, even with their alledged "affair". Once down the steps, she noticed Brian was no where to be seen. Thoughtfully touching the fifty still in her pocket, Doc decided lunch was on Brian today and headed over to the Busy Bee Cafe.

She walked past the first booths, then stopped and grinned. The dark head may be hidden by the newspaper but noone could mistake that blackclad jacket, nor that blackclad backside sitting on the stool. Walking past him, she lightly touched his back, lowering herself onto the stool next to him*

Buy a girl a coffee, handsome?

"Stole yer car?!"

*blinks. Crap* "Umm..."

*throws hands up*

*Having left the courthouse with paperwork from the Bail Bonds office in backpack, notices the older stranger looking piqued.*Jesse would be upset with me *Silent consideration. Hazel eyes glance toward Hunter parked by the photo shop. Walks toward the suited gentleman within speaking distance.*Sorry about mistaking you for someone else, *offers apology and turns to walk to the post office.*

*The stolen Chevy slows to a stop at Willows Corners, the blond man behind the wheel laughing as he shuts the engine down and checks his watch*

"Ha! And with 5 minutes to spare!" *chuckles then gets out of the car and leans up against the driver side door crossing arms over chest, waiting for MaryAnne to appear*

*a white patrol car pulls up a couple of minutes later. Gets out and walks to Alex and the grey Chevy. Expression is neutral but nods, acknowledging the success of stealing the car. Now comes the important part...*

"Very good. Now that you've stolen a cop's car, Alex, what are you going to do with it? Bear in mind you can't take it to a chop shop."

*Having left the courthouse with paperwork from the Bail Bonds office in backpack, notices the older stranger looking piqued.*Jesse would be upset with me *Silent consideration. Hazel eyes glance toward Hunter parked by the photo shop. Walks toward the suited gentleman within speaking distance.*Sorry about mistaking you for someone else, *offers apology and turns to walk to the post office.*

*looks up at the woman as she passes* "What? Oh. Yeah, don't worry about it..." *resumes silent fuming over unmarked car being stolen and then being blown off by the Sheriff. Knows that the car thief had long blond hair, and figured it might have been the tall blond that had been in the booking room before when Jack had gone in.*

*That's brassy. Stealing a car right from in front of the police station. Though from what I've heard of this town that's not all to unusual.Suddenly thinks of something. Turns in the direction the woman with the backpack is heading*

"Excuse me, just a moment. May I ask you something?"

*looks up at the woman as she passes* "What? Oh. Yeah, don't worry about it..." *resumes silent fuming over unmarked car being stolen and then being blown off by the Sheriff. Knows that the car thief had long blond hair, and figured it might have been the tall blond that had been in the booking room before when Jack had gone in.*

*That's brassy. Stealing a car right from in front of the police station. Though from what I've heard of this town that's not all to unusual.Suddenly thinks of something. Turns in the direction the woman with the backpack is heading*

"Excuse me, just a moment. May I ask you something?"

*turns back and looks at suited man* "Sure," *answers with a smile.*

"There was a man in the courthouse a little while ago, tall blonde, wearing jeans and a dark jacket. You wouldn't happen to know who he is would you?"

*thinks a moment, then answers* "Maybe Bo or A.J.," *pause, stares at the stranger. Doesn't really want to ask but reputations make the question necessary.* "Are you a skipper, er captain?" *inquires*