Days of Shine and Romance!

DixieDavenport

Dixie and Jeb were respectfully holding each other in the doorway.

Bo said, "I really don't think Luke will need the General Lee. I'm gonna go have a beer at the Boar's Nest anyone want to come?

Jeb whispered to Dixie, "How about us heading out with them and going somewhere else?"

Dixie nodded 'yes' and handed him the keys to her car.

Jeb said, "Well, sure but we're going to take Dixie's car, in case you get a good offer."

Bo rolled his eyes at Jeb's suggestive remark.

BL said, "Sure Bo I'll go. Less chance to get in trouble there!"

Cooter said, "Hey, Coy Vance if ya'll want to ride with me ya can."

They both nodded.

Bo looked at Daisy who was setting on the arm of Jesse chair. "You going?"

Daisy shook her head 'no', "No way fellas I'm staying right here with Uncle Jesse."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They divided up a headed out towards the Boar's Nest.

Jeb looked at Dixie and said, "If you want we can go to the Boar's Nest, for a while or not at all, it's up to you."

Dixie shook her head 'no', "I'm good with anything you want to do. It is your welcome home night so your choice."

Jeb said, "Honestly, I'd like to go get at least one beer, listen to some music, and have a couple dances. We can always leave early."

Dixie nodded, "Ok sounds good." She wasn't sure what she would do once they were alone. This gave her more time to think.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Boar's Nest Bo and B.L went in and pulled several tables together for them all to sit together. Everyone had a beer except Dixie who ordered coke but sipped out of whoever's beer was in reach or slid her way occasionally. They listened to some music then Sally Jane came over and rubbed Bo's shouler's whispering in his ear next thing they all knew he'd disappeared. B.L reckoned she'd be riding home with Cooter,Coy and Vance likely Bo wouldn't be going home no time soon.

Jeb as planned had a beer a few dances with Dixie and had started letting her know he was ready to go.

Dixie was ready to leave too. She had to admit Jeb had been mighty persussive and the Boar's Nest was getting a bit warm. She had been a whole lot worried and knew Jeb was driving so Dixie had snitched a drink of beer when ever she could. It was likely she'd had a bit more that Jeb to drink as he'd only had on and shared it with her.

Jeb said to Dixie as a slow song came on let's dance and then dance right on out of here.

Dixie smiled and that is exactly what they did. By the time the next song started and they were missed they were well on their way toawrd the lake.

As Jeb parked the car he by the lake he asked, "Ever been up to the caves?"

Dixie nodded, "It's been awhile."

Jeb replied, "Someone sees the car they still got to find us."

Dixie said, "True."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once at the cave Jeb found a sleeping bag that likely he or one of the boys had left there the last time they were there. He spread it out and went to work building a small fire. Once he got the fire going he said, "Let me check something out here. I remember leaving something here once. I'll be right back."

Dixie wasn't cold but she was shaking and the warmth of the fire helped.

Jeb returned with a pint of moonshine.

Dixie's eyes went wide.

Jeb replied, "I ageed not to make, transport OR possess any shine. Never said I wouldn't drink it. Look at it like this, we are gettign rid of evidence."

Dixie laughed and said, "You have been around Luke too long. She moved closer to him and moved wrong on the Earth floor of the cave. She said, "Owe, sh--! That might be what I need righ now."

Jeb put his arm around her as Dixie leaned towards him, "How many licks."

"Four."

Dixie replied. "And I deserved each one of them!"

Jeb shook his head with a laugh, "Well, now I would have done something if I could have, but ....."

Dixie looked at Jeb and interupted, "Maybe another girlfriend you could have done something but I've been there too long and I'm one of Uncle Jesse's too." She smiled weakly and said with a laugh, "I guess that make what we plan to do sort of incest huh?"

Jeb shook his head negatively, "Nah, we aren't blood kin." He knew she was tense. "Dixie I won't lie to you, I'd really like some comfort tonight, but I don't want make you think you have to do anything you don't want to."

Dixie smiled, "I know that Jeb. I like you. I really do AND what ever happens or doesn't happen has nothing to do with Luke."

Jeb stopped her right there, "Dixie it is me and you here. I didn't force you to come here with me so I sort of figure you want to be here. I don't listen to Lori first of all. Look just holding you and talking to you is a he-- of a lot better than setting in a jail cell watching Luke and Bo get to 'relax' when I couldn't"

Dixie blushed, "Jeb about that. I am sorry I put you in that situation and couldn't or didn't do anything to 'help' you."

Jeb explained, "After a time, Frankensteins bride could have touched any of us like that, he-- the wind could have blown, it's not your fault. It was my mind and body working against me. Not yours."

Dixie said, "But I was teasing, .... and, .... and, ..... I don't want to be a tease Jeb, but I don't want to be a whore either."

Jeb nodded, "Ok, how about we take us a drink or two, talk and see what happens if I do something you don't watn or want to stop we will, Ok?"

Dixie smiled, "Yeah, thanks Jeb. I ain't never..."

Jeb nodded, "That's ok."

Dixie added, "And, I'm not sure I'm ready, but I may be able to make you feel better." She looked at him hopeful.

Jeb gave her a million dollar smile and said, "Only if YOU want to. Ain't nothing a cold shower won't fix later, huh?" He leaned over kissing her gently..............

He leaned over kissing her gently, He helped her she helped him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo came home late that night seeing Dixie and Jeb pull up as well.They all snuck in, Sally Jane drove Bo back home.

When Bo went in the house, he headed straight to his and Luke's room, unaware that Luke was married--were he was tipsy-- Bo walked in and fell in the floor, he could hear stiffled groans and moans coming from the bed,"Luke?"

Was all Bo managed to slur out. Luke stopped Lori and instantly shot up,"BO??!!"

Bo looked up and saw the lights click on, Cooter, Dixie, Coy, Vance, B.L.,Jeb, and Uncle Jesse all stood in the door way, and there laid Lori ontop of Luke but naked, she scrambled in under the covers hiding.

Bo's mouth hung open and he gasped,"OHHH SH**!!! SORRY LUKE!!!"

Bo tried to get to his feet and managed to scramble out the door, in under everyone.... it seemed they were impressed with Luke and Lori so they stood there,"WOULD YA'LL GO TO BED AND GO ON?!!!"

Luke broke the trance and they turned the lights off all apologizing, but as soon as the door shut they all laughed and giggled.

That next morning......

Jesse was in the kitchen when Luke walked into the kitchen in only his jeans. "Morning Uncle Jesse." He said as he reached for a coffee cup.

Jesse looked at him, "Luke you and Lori ain't really had no time together since you got married. Why don't you forget the chores today. Cooter and everyone came beck here last night so I have plenty of help."

Luke asked, "Yeah I sort of had a lot of help last night too! Seriously?"

Jesse said, "Go back to bed, Luke."

Luke poured 2 cups of coffee took them both in his left hand and did EXACTLY what Jesse suggested - went back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Daisy's room Daisy, BL and Dixie were also awake. Dixie who came in last and slept on the floor with her sore behind was moving a bit slower than the rest getting dressed.

BL looked at Dixie, then at Daisy and said, "I don't know Daisy. What do you think?"

Daisy asked, "About what?"

BL said, "Well, Dixie looks pretty happy this morning but I can't tell if her virginity is in tact!"

Daisy just looked at the two. She wasn't sure she wanted the intimate details of Dixie's and Jeb's date.

Dixie said, "That is for me and Jeb to know now ain't it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the barn Jeb had tried three times to get Bo up for chores and breakfast. It wasn't working. JEb wsa in far too good of a mood to let Bo's grumbling bother him as he went to the house whistling a tune.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisy could see the gleam in B.L's eye and decided to change the subject before she could aggrevate Dixie about hers and Jeb's night anymore. Daisy looked at Dixie and said

"Want me to fix your hair Dixie? or does Jeb like the pink?

Daisy grinned at her last question she felt bad that Lori had dyed Dixie's hair but it was sort of funny she looked like an easter egg. Dixie ignored the teasing she was feeling pretty good this morning except her sore behind.

"That'd be great Daisy thanks"

B.L followed them to the bathroom to fix Dixie's hair. She looked in the mirror and pulled her fingers through her hair trying a new style she'd seen recently in a magazine. Daisy let down the lid of the toilet.

Daisy: "Set down Dixie"

Dixie set down and sat still waiting for Daisy to get the stuff ready to put on her hair that would change the color to something that wouldn't make her look like an easter egg. Daisy went to work after she'd mixed the stuff putting it all over Dixie's hair and working it in good, completely saturating Dixie's hair.

"Ok Dix in just a little while you'll be a new woman."

Twenty minutes or so later Dixie was no longer a brunette it was a light auburn. B.L looked at the new color and smiled saying

"Dixie that color looks great on you, ya did a fantastic job Daisy."

Dixie looked in the mirror her hair was still wet from being rinsed out but she liked the color wet. Taking out the blow dryer Daisy and B.L went to work blow drying Dixie's hair and then curled it in soft bouncy waves with side swept bangs. When they were done they stood back and admired their work. Daisy grinned and said.

"I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself."

"It's great Daisy I love it! Thanks!!"

Dixie absolutely loved her new look as she turned her head from side to side and then turned around picking up the hand mirror holding it so she could see over her shoulder to check the back.

They all cleaned up the mess in the bathroom from dying Dixie's hair and then went out to the kitchen......

They all cleaned up the mess in the bathroom from dying Dixie's hair and then went out to the kitchen where Uncle Jesse had fixed a big Duke breakfast. The guy were coming into the kitchen from getting Bo up and doing hte chores. Everyone sat down to the table to eat except for Luke and Lori. Dixie was setting just s might easy in her chair as she was still sore from the whipping she had gotten. Jesse looked at Dixie and replied, "Well, that's a nice normal color. Sure beats pink."

Dixie replied, "Yeah, Daisy did great. Thanks Uncle Jesse."

Jeb laughed, "Well, ya know to be pink it was a NICE pink." He was saved by Coy sticking his foot in his mouth.

Being the youngest of the bunch Coy asked, "Hey where is Luke and Lori?"

Jesse replied, "Just leave them be. I'll put them a plate back. I've already talked to Luke this morning."

There were several 'I know what they are doing looks' going around the table from the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few feet away Luke was hold Lori. He was very glad to be back home and have the day to spend with her. Their time had been to long in coming and then to have it taken away so quickly had seemed unfair, but Luke knew that was largely his fault. He layed there trying to think how to get Boss to stop forcing her to run the shine. He be da--ed if he'd let her get caught and taken away from him now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse gave out chores to everyone except Cooter, BL and Dixie who was going to the garage to work.

Jesse watched with a bit of pleasure as he saw Jeb walk Dixie to her car on his way to the barn. They were holding hands and talking. The smiles and kisses looked sincere. Maybe Lori didn't have anything to worry about after all.

Luke could see much of the same thing from his bedroom window as Lori slept. He watched his younger cousin who he had given the suggestion to talk to Dixie. He smiled as he watched and he also noticed that Daisy had done a great job at getting rid of his wife's handy dandy hair coloring. Luke smiled maybe Dixie and Jeb would be good for each other and maybe, JUST MAYBE, Lori would relax about Dixie. Luke shook his head and thought for the millionth time what have I ever really did but try to be a big brother to her that drives Lori crazy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supper time came and still no one had seen the newlyweds. Jesse assure them that newlyweds can live on nothing but love for awhile and that they would eat when they got hungry.

Lori sighed and looked up to Luke who had his eyes closed, but wasn't asleep,"Luke....we gotta get that contract someway from Boss darlin.."

Luke sighed and thought of ways to get back at Boss, in a civil way not a murderous way.

Lori got up and said,"What about, we go in and talk to him then have someone distract him, I get the contract and we leave?"

Luke was willing to meet her half way since she was doing the same. They would each allow the OTHER to be involved. "Ok, I'll get Bo cause a disturbance in town with the General Lee."

Lori nodded and kissed Luke, he chuckled softly and what made the 6th time that day they went back at it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they came out Luke got dressed and Lori took a shower when they came out they smiled to everyone and said in unison,"We'll be back..Bo we need yer help.."

Bo nodded and followed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived in town, Luke and Bo and Lori all nodded, and Luke and Lori made their way into Boss's office ...Luke looked to Boss and excalaimed,"Boss.... this has gone tooo far!!!!"

Boss shot up and looked to Luke and Lori,"Whh...what are you talking about?"

Lori looked around his desk and saw the contract hidden in under a stack of papers. She looked to Boss and glared,"THOSE GAS PRICES AT COOTER'S IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!"

Boss looked to her and sighed,"Well....oil's short over seas and the prices have to go up im soooorry."

Luke pointed his finger at Boss when Bo was doing donuts around the square setting the horn off, Boss got up and went to the window yelling at Rosco to catch Bo!!

Lori quickly searched through the papers and got the contract hiding it in her jacket.

Boss then looked to them and gave them a --get lost-- look, they glared at him and stormed out. When they got to the outside Bo stopped and Lori helped Luke get in hopping in herself speeding off, Rosco was tuck behind a fire hydrant.

They blew the horn to Cooter and B.L. and Dixie, letting them know that they got it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the house......

After the General Lee had left town and Cooter, B.L and Dixie all knew Bo, Luke and Lori had got the contract from Boss they turned to go back in the garage and back to work. Suddenly B.L stopped getting a funny look from Dixie and Cooter as her mouth hung open in surprise then she said.

"Dixie YOU DIDN'T? didja?"

Cooter asked "didn't what?" He still hadn't noticed the hicky on Dixie's neck. B.L turned Dixie's head to where he could see the hicky his eyes nearly bugged out of his head at the sight, he asked

"WHO did THAT?"

Dixie glared at B.L for showing Cooter and turned 10 shades of purple. Cooter was still waiting on an answer tapping his foot. Dixie sighed and finally answered, Jeb but we didn't go ALL the way just made each other happy and he didn't need a cold shower then. Well just as the words 'Jeb but we didn't go all the way' came out of Dixie's mouth Luther walked in the garage. He turned about 20 shades of purple and was coming toward the three like a charging bull Cooter and BL RAN!

At the site of her Father and knowing he had heard EVER WORD she had just said. Dixie thought 'Oh Sh--!!' She looked to BL and she was GONE. She turned to Cooter and he was gone too! She saw Luther heading towards her and hrew her hands up in front of her a said, "DADDY I LIED TO THEM I SWEAR!!!!"

Luther stalked up to her and put his finger on the hicky and said,"THEN HOW DID THAT GET THERE?! IT SURE AS H-- DIDN'T GET THERE ON IT'S OWN!!!"

Dixie swallowed hard and said, "Jeb put it there. I had not clue it was there. But, the REST OF WHAT I SAID WAS A LIE. I'm sorry Daddy."

Luther was shaking with anger by now and said " SO YOU DID GO ALL THE WAY!!!!!! HE'S OLDER THAN YOU MORE EXPERIENCED AND A DUKE TO BOOT!"

Dixie realized her father had taken what she had said REALLY WRONG!, "NNOOOOOOOOO!!!! DADDY Really we ONLY kissed a little that's ALL I SWEAR!!!"

Luther then shouted,"THEN TELL ME THE WHOOOOLE TRUTH!!!! OR SO HELP ME YOUR HIND END WILL BE BLISTERED!!!

Dixie sighed and tried to figure out how much to tell Luther, "Me and Jeb have always been friends. Since Lori has been raising such a stink THINKING for some reason that I like LUKE, I was hoping to hae someone to talk to so she'd leave me alone. Well, after Luke and Lori got married Jeb has been talking to me more of a friend than anything and I went to see him, well all of them, when they were in jail. So the other night after they got home everone went tothe Boar's Nest. Jeb and I rode together, we talked, danced some, kissed a little that's all he's a nice guy." Dixie hoped that was enought information to keep her from dying. The car in front of her looked a little low to get underneath!

Luther then noticed the hair color change he'd somehow missed the pink hair episode so he just thought it was another sign of Dixie trying to act older than she was. "What did you do to your hair?"

Dixie replied, "Daisy HAD to fix it after Lori dyed it pink."

Luther saw redder than he had before,"SHE DID WHAT?!!!!!"

Dixie nodded, "Yeah right before Jesse and the guys went to court too."

Luther looked sternly at Dixie and said, "I'll deal with Loren. But, for now you set down right there until closing."

Dixie sat down gently. She was trying to figure out how to warn Jeb.

Luther sped towards the Duke farm. Lori was outside setting on the porch with Luke, after they had burned the contract.

Luther pulled up and got out raging,"LOREN CRYSTAL DAVENPORT DUKE!"

Lori shot up hearing her ENTIRE name yelled out. She gulped and saw Luther come on the porch,"WHY ON GODS "PINK" EARTH DID YOU DO THAT TO YOUR COUSIN?!!!"

When Lori heard the color pink used instead of green she knew Dixie had told him,"SHE THREW A KNIFE AT ME!!"

Uncle Jesse walked out and held his hand up,"Luther, I've took care of it already, both girls got their fair share of the punishment."

Luke looked to Luther and was thinking thoughts of sympathy for his cousin. Jeb just so happened to step out of the house.

"JUST THE DUKE I WANTED TO TALK TO!!!!! YOU'VE GOT SOME EXPLAININ TO DO ABOUT MY LITTLE GIRL!!!!!"

Lori scooted as close as she could to Luke practically in his lap. Luke's eyes was wide as Jesse stepped aside,"I uh....sir, we never did anything I swear upon the good book we didn't"

Luther looked to Jeb and had remembered what Dixie said,"Least Jeb won't need a shower,"

"Yer lying to me Boy!!!"

Jeb was doing a bit of shaking in his own boots but replied, "Mr. Davenport I swear that her virginity is as much in tact now as it was before last night."

Luke had his good hand clamped over Lori's mouth.

Luther glared at him and spoke loudly and clearly,"IT BETTER BE OR SO HELP ME I KNOW ME ONE DUKE BOY THAT WONT HAVE A CHANCE TO PRODUCE ANYTHING!"

Luke gulped at the sound and was scooting down the porch swing with Lori as Luther turned and left. Uncle Jesse looked to Jeb and shook his head.

Luke........

Luke told Jeb, "The LAST time I saw THAT MAN, THAT MAD, it was at ME!! Shhhheeeeewwwww!!!! Cousin, I'm telling ya you don't want to push his buttons."

Lori peeked around Luke and looked to Jeb,"I'd move, change my name and change my looks, you push his buttons and he's like the man with the ax at your door saying,"Here's Johnny!!"

Luke peered around him,"You chicken!!"

Lori looked to Luke and laughed,"And yer stupid!! I aint no chicken that man just scares me sometimes!"

Jeb sighed and walked in, Uncle Jesse got a leather strap and pointed to the woodshed.

Jeb nodded and marched out there. Luke and Lori decided they'd get up and head to town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In town though it was a different story, Lori would walk up the side walk and all the men would holler and whistle at her. Luke got upset,"IM gonna dye YOUR hair PINK!!!! this is ridiculous...."

Lori sighed and said,"Luke.... it'll be fine!! my lord its all harmless fun the men are doing!!"

A man walked by and pinched Lori on the butt causing Luke to lose it,"HARMLESS FUN???!!!! I DONT THINK PINCHIN SOME ONE'S A** IN PUBLIC IS HARMLESS FUN!!!!!"

Lori looked around and smacked Luke rigth in back of the head,"WOULD YA HUSH?!! GOD GONNA GET US IN TROUBLE!"

Luke snorted and saw Luther and Dixie over at the garage. He wondered were Cooter and B.L. ran off to.

~~~~~~~~`

B.L. was...........

B.L was doing her dangdest to stay away from the garage. She came out of a store just as Luke and Lori passed it looked like B.L was sneaking somewhere they stopped and Lori asked.

"Whatcha doin' cuz?"

B.L looked at them and said "I'm hidin' from Uncle Luther before MY sex life comes up for discussion. Shew is he ever mad at Dixie."

Luke and Lori nodded and said at the same time "we know!"

Cooter had split out of town like a scalded cat. He didn't want to get caught up in this one at all one bit.

Luther drove home in total silence. Dixie was not at all sure this was a good thing either. Once he pulled up to the farm he got out and slammed the door with a lot more force than was needed. Dixie was still setting in the passenger seat of the truck when Luther turned and said far too calmly, "Get out and come to the porch."

Dixie thought the house may have been a better place to talk the porch was far too close to the woodshed.

Luther looked at his only daughter and began, "Dixie I heard your remark about Jeb not needing a cold shower would you care to explain it to me?"

Dixie KNEW that was going ot come out. She looked away from her father and at the porch floor. "Can I just go to the woodshed now?"

Luther looked at his daugther that would rather be whipped than answer his question. That meant that the answer couldn't have been good. "Absolutely! MARCH!"

Dixie knew she was going to get whipped and figured she may has well get it over with. She knew she had been spanked as a kid but she couldn't remember the last time she had been spanked. Let alone a Jesse Duke whipping and one from her Dad two days in a row. She walked in bent over and grabbed her ankles.

Luther started with two licks to get her attention.

They DID as she was still sore. Dixie waited.

Luther asked, "Did that Duke lie to me? Did he get you?"

Dixie answered truthfully and very quickly, "No, Daddy he didn't lie. We didn't do IT."

Luther asked again, "Where did you all go?"

Dixie answered, "The Boar's Nest."

Luther said, "And he gave you that hickey?"

Dixie replied, "Yes."

Luther asked, "Did you go anywhere else?"

Dixie lied, "No, Daddy."

"Ready to tell me about Jeb not needing a shower?" Luther asked.

Dixie's behind was, but she wasn't, "No."

Luther gave her one lick and waited several seconds, then another and waited. He was drawing back for the fifth lick when Dixie said with out thinking her reply out, "Ok, hold up. He was frustrated from being teased while in jail. I made him feel better!"

Luther said, "EXPLAIN!"

Dixie did, "I 'relaxed' him!"

Luther understood her play on words fully! He had given her ten licks before he knew it!

Dixie KNEW it though!

Luther demanded, "Did he get in your pants?"

Dixie wasn't about to get hit again for lying, "We didn't do it, but Yes."

Luther asked, "You did this at the Boar's Nest?"

Dixie was still quick to answer since her behind was on fire, "No, at the Indian caves."

Luther gave her another lick, "You lied when you told me only went to the Boar's Nest. Were you drinking?"

Dixie didn't want hit again, "A few drinks of beer."

Luther asked, "Where did you get it?"

"Everyone let me have sips of theirs." Dixie replied.

Luther asked, "Who's everyone?"

Dixie replied, "Bo left his beer when he left. Cooter, BL, Jeb, Coy and Vance."

Luther....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse walked into the woodshed took down the now familiar leather strap and looked at Jeb who was in 'the position'. He said, "Get up Jeb."

Jeb stood up and looked to his Uncle who asked, "Did you lie to Luther about being with Dixie?"

"No, Sir." Jeb replied.

Jesse said, "I know she's younger than you and I want you to take it easy with her."

Jeb replied, "I'd never ask her to do anything she didn't want to do."

Jesse cautioned, "You are the oldest of the two and I expect you to use good judgement.

Jeb nodded hanging his head and said "Yes sir"

Before Jesse could say another word the phone rang Daisy answered it

"Duke farm Daisy speaking"

"Daisy this is Luther is Jesse around?"

Daisy: "He's uh with Jeb right now can I take a message?

Luther: "Well can ya get him it's important"

Daisy went out and got Jesse in the woodshed to come to the phone Jeb giving her a greatful look for the reprieve her interruption had brought. Jesse trudged into the house and picked up the phone.

Luther was as much in a rage as he had been when he left the DUke farm. "Jesse I just finished talking to Dixie."

Jesse DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DID?"

Jesse replies I was just getting to that with Jeb.

LUther tells him, "He took her to the Indian caves, she was drinking, and as she put it she helped him 'relax'. He was also in her pants but she still denies they did anthing further!"

Jesse turned red Jeb had better not have lied to him he thought or he'd give him double what he already had coming. After hanging up with Luther he went back out to the woodshed and said.

"That was Luther he just had a very interesting talk with Dixie now I want to hear YOUR side of it!"

Jeb........

Jeb looked at Jesse and asked a bit confused, "What did she say? I won't lie to you, you know that."

Jesse shook his head 'no', "I don't know EXACTLY, so why don't you tell me about last night."

Jeb thought for a few seconds and nothing seemed THAT out of line to him so he said, "Sure. You were there when everyone decided to go to the Boar's Nest except Daisy, Luke and Lori. Dixie gave me her car keys I drove, we talked. At the Boar's Nest I drank a beer, Dixie order a coke as usual. I think she may have snitched a drink or two of beer from Cooter, well likely everyones glasses. But, she didn't have that much and we've all done that there before we could buy it. We talked, danced, kissed a little. We left early and road out to the Indian caves. I built a fire," He sighed, here's where he talked a bit slower. "I found some shine I'd left there and we took a couple sips but mainly we talked," He paused gauging Jesse response which was totally neutral.

Jesse asked "Is that ALL?"

Jeb shook his head 'no', "No, Sir. I think you heard about Lori and Dixie's little contest at the jail?"

Jesse asked, "This was before the yellow line I take it? But, I did hear mention of something like that."

"Lori was agging Dixie on to give me attention that I Did Not need at the time. I was tense and she KNEW that. You know what we went through, anyway we talked a lot, but she was able to finish what she started at the jail." Jeb said a bit embarrassed.

Jesse asked, "Is that all?"

Jeb replied, "She wasn't the only one touching and feeling. I was too. But, I didnt' even ask her to do any of it and told her we'd stop any time she wanted to."

"Did you have sex with her?" Jesse barked.

"No, Sir!" Jeb replied.

Jesse soften but only a bit, "Could she be with child?"

Jeb said, "No, Sir."

Jesse said, "Ok, for the record. You told me pretty much what Luther said and more. Jeb, Dixie is quiet a bit younger than you and due to the fact of the age difference I feel you should have used better judgement and not let her do things she didn't need to do at her age. I think going to the caves and letting her drink while you were responsible wasn't good judgement. I also feel that you drinking with her being that much young is a good idea. And, since I know that Luther has likely whipped her for her part in this and she wasn't alone I feel it only far to whip you and since Luther came out here today, also."

Jeb sighed, and aswered, "Yes, Sir." He turned to bend over.

Jesse said, "Jeb can you carry one a relationship with Dixie and keep it appropriate for her age?"

"Yes sir." Jeb replied.

Jesse nodded, "Good because I was waching you earlier yesterday and felt you two may be good for each other. I sure hope you all can without furher incidents." Jesse paused. "I've used this strap more in a week than I did last YEAR and it pains ME to do so. Jeb you know what you did. I know what you told me you did. How many licks is fair? And, don't make it less that what I'm thinking."

All the kids hated it when Jesse let them pick their pinishment. They ALWAYS said more than Jesse would give them. Jeb's stomach knotted tight as he said, "I think 10 licks is fair, Sir."

Jesse said, "Bend over Son. I would have given you SIX." He said as he gave Jeb the ten licks that he felt he deserved.

Jeb.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Cooter still hadn't heard the meaning of Dixie's remark. If it was anything like he thought she meant he planned to pay Jeb a visit! ..........

Jeb and Dixie survived and actually grew to be very close in a lot of ways. Luke and Lori lived their lives happily and together for awhile. What's awhile, ..... we my never know. Coy and Vance were glad the boys were home so they didnt' have to do as many chores. Cooter and BL got brave and returned home. Jesse was sadden by his change in life style, but was continent to know his family was in tact.