Days of Shine and Romance!

DixieDavenport

Luke got finished and went to the garage where he saw Luther and Cooter there. He looked at them and said

"Hey ya'll how's it going?"

They both shrugged it had been a typical day so far. Cooter looked at Luke and grinned Luke looked like a cross between giddy with glee and like a man going to his own funeral which was no doubt because he knew Lori would be dragging him to the church house sooner or later to get his opinion on things.

"It's goin' alright Luke, Lori was way too cheerful for her own good this mornin' she and B.L had one of their typical chases through the house cussing and screaming like banshee's when Lori threw water in B.L's face."

Luke chuckled he had been witness to those early morning chases when all the Davenport cousins would spend the night at the Duke farm. He asked "where are they now?"

Luther was the one to answer this time "All three girls went off to chickmahoney this morning to decorate and what not for the wedding. Lori's all wound up about this thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the church house Lori was walking around pointing at this and that giving B.L and Dixie orders. Well she gave one too many and B.L lit in on her "stop bein' so danged bossy Loren afore I knock the livin' daylights outta ya. That'll look real purty fer the bride to have a black eye on her weddin' day"

Lori glared at B.L she was in a good mood and refused to get into a fight with B.L that day. Dixie was wishing they'd get done all this wedding planning was makin' her sick. What she really wanted to do was sabatoge the whole thing, if she could get B.L to help her and if Lori kept bossing it wouldn't be hard to convince B.L they needed to teach her a lesson.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke replied, "Yeah, I kind of gathered that last night. I originally had suggested just heading to Chickomohony and getting it over with, but I knew Jesse wouldn't have forgiven me." He sighed, "I didn't know she'd want to go all out."

"You know Lori." Luther said.

Luke nodded, "Yeah."

Luther looked really serious, and asked, "Luke just how long do you two really think this will last?"

Cooter looked from Luther to Luke and back to Luther, then said, "I think I heard my dog calling me." He turned and walked out of the garage.

Luke watched him leave, then turned back to Luther, "I have no idea, but if I wasn't serious about trying it, I wouldn't have asked her."

Luther said seriously, "Luke don't let her go to all this trouble for nothing, if it's not going to work. Don't you dare hurt her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was on cloud nine, she was trying to make her wedding as she had planned it since she was a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After talking to Luke about moving his bed to the barn, Bo walked in the house to get something to drink. Jesse was at the table peeling apples. Bo said, "Uncle Jesse can I ask you something?"

Jesse motioned for him to set down.

"Uncle Jesse, I don't want to sound like I'm not for Luke getting married and Lori's been around all our lives practically, but can you really see them being married in ten years?" Bo said.

Uncle Jesse thougth before answering, "Well, about all we can do is help them anyway we can and hope for the best. I certainly hope they are serious." He couldn't help but think of his conversation with Luke about using his bed and Luke had declined.

Luke replied,"Like I've said before, I'll try everything in my power to keep her happy and satisfied...."

Luther nodded. Luke sighed and went to help him with the wrecker work and things. B.L. and Dixie pulled up, Robin had pulled up to get some gas and saw Luke go to the wrecker. Robin looked to Luke and went to him and pulled him to the side Cooter heading back in the garage,"You'll marry her but not me?"

Luke picked up her hand and rubbed the wedding band on her left ring finger and says, "Looks like you were in a bigger hurry than I was. Which is what I tried to tell you back then. If you hadn't given me an altimadum then it is likely that you'd be the one in Chickomohony decorating the church today instead of Lori." He looked in the eyes to let her know that he was being a hundred percent honest with her. "But, that's all muddy water under the bridge. I heard you are expecting a little one?"

She nodded, 'yes'.

He saw the tears in her eyes at his words and continued, "I was there for you. I'd like you to be there for me." He brushed a tear away that had escaped down her cheek.

Robin could only nod and managed to say, "I go to go." She paused before pulling out, "Be happy."

Luke nodded and replied, "Yeah,..... You too."

B.L. watched and listened from the garage. She didn't want to see Lori go through the pain of setting up the church house and all and not be able to marry Luke, like she had always dreamed. B.L. climbed in the Judge and sped off towards the churchhouse.

When she arrived B.L. walked in and saw Lori rearranging the flowers and sighed heavily. Lori smiled as she saw B.L. and was singing away. B.L. said,"Lor....I got some news to tell you bout Luke...Robin visited at the garage, well more of a stop by thing, and well her and Luke were talking...I seen him take her hand and wipe away some tears and stuff."

Lori plopped down in the first phew and sighed,"B...I can't marry someone who doesn't love me...."

B.L. sighed and sat with Lori, she heard Luke pull up and she went to the back of the church house.

Luke managed to drag himself to the church house to see Lori setting in the front phew... he never said a word or never made a movement,"Luke....do you love me???, I can't marry a man who doesn't have feelings for me that I have for him....."

Luke walked slowly to the front of her, squatting down.. taking her hand.

Luke said, "I've heard for years that 'If you love something let it go; If it comes back to you it's yours; If it doesn't it never was' ... Lori how many times have we tried to let each other go? You know it's went both ways for years but we just keep coming back to each other. So," He remembered he was in church, "Dang it, we MUST love each other a heck of a lot. We need to just quit fighting each other and put each other out of our misery and give up all THIS and just be together."

Lori smiled and said,"That's all I needed to hear sweetheart."

Luke got up and sat beside her,"Looks beautiful darlin..."

Lori smiled and said,"Thanks.... I had Daisy take yer tuxedo and get it ready too."

Luke sighed and smiled,"Thanks...."

Luke reached over and kissed Lori, they kissed til their breaths came in short gasps. Lori looked to Luke and said,"In a church are you stupid?"

Luke sighed and smiled,"No...I guess I can wait til our wedding night,"

Lori nodded,"If I can you can sweetie... sides you have that bacholer party tomorrow."

Luke nodded and said,"That's right....and ya know its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding or something like that..."

Lori sighed and smiled,"Ahh, I think that applies to on the wedding day."

Luke nodded and laughed.....

Luke nodded and laughed, "Well, the wedding day begins at midnight, Honey."

Lori sighed, "Yeah, I guess it does."

Luke said, "Are you about done here?"

Lori nodded and said, "Yeah, I've done all I can do until Saturday."

Luke said, "So if this is the last evening we spend together as single people. What would you like to do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie had managed to make excuses to not be missed for several hours. She was going shopping for Lori's bridal shower that BL was giving. If she could sabotoga the wedding at least she culd make th shower unforgetable!

She was on her way to Atlanta. She knew she could find everything in Atlanta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo in the mean time was planning Luke's bacholor party. He had put in a call to Miss Mabel. She had several rolling whore houses set up in RV's that worked several counties in and around Hazzard. What Bo was looking for was one of her girls to be a stripper at Luke's Bachlor party. Of course he wasn't telling Luke and especially not anyone that would let it get back to Lori.

Lori smiled and said,"Well, Id like to spend it quite simple actually.... then," She whispered in a hot raspy voice,"Who knows..."

Luke shuddered and kind of whined with anticipation,"I know..."

Lori giggled and closed the church up. B.L. had left and went to the garage. Lori smiled through her rear-view mirrors as Luke followed her home. Dixie being in Atlanta, Cooter and B.L. at the gargae with Luther, it was sure to be a promised evening at home...

Lori and Luke pulled in and got out. Lori smiled,"Id like to keep it simple by watchin some tv and talking..."

Luke nodded. he could accept that answer, 1. because it lets him see that they have more of a relationship, intellecutally than sexually.

Lori took his hand and unlocked the door, turning a lamp on. Luke smiled to her and sat over on the couch. Lori returned with a two beers and sat down handing Luke one. He kicked his boots off and smiled to her relaxing back, she kissed him and turned the tv on to this scary movie. She smiled and said,"Be right back sweetheart gotta go change.."

Luke nodded and was expecting the normal jeans or sweats but 10 mintues later when she came down in a tie off red short short shirt, and a pair of short short jean shorts, some of what daisy likes to wear maybe a little shorter, her hair hanging loose, her bare legs showing off and shining in the lamp light, She smiled to him and sat down. Luke could feel his jeans tighten as she wiggled around for awhile and finally laid back on him. He wrapped his arms around her feeling her bare stomach and softly rubbed his hand over the flesh. Lori smiled. they sat and talked for an hour or so and got into the movie.. but as soon as it got dark, it was like old times again, necking in the theatre. Lori sat astride Luke and had his shirt off of him. Luke tried to ask between kisses and pants,"What happened to the talking idea?"

Lori grazed her fingernails across his chest kissing him,"That went out the door as soon as I knew I got yer attention in this outfit.."

Luke groaned in frustration and tired to adjust his jeans. Lori took his hand and led him up to her room, were she "adjusted" his pants for him, locking her door.................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Bo had gotten ahold of one and had her all set up and ready to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Dixie was.........

Dixie was on her way home she had managed to find the prefect gifts! She giggled at the thought of Lori's face in front of Lulu Hogg and several of the Hazzard high society group of 'ladies' who was sure to be invited to the bridal shower. BL had planned on having a public shower for all invited, but after all the older bunch left she had plans for the shower to continue until the wee hours of the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was mighty proud of himself. He had it all planned for the stripper to show up late after all the older men, like Uncle Jesse and Luther left. He had even managed sale an order of shine at half price for the 'favor'. After he told Mabel who the groom was she had several 'volunteers' for the job, who would just love to make Luke's last night as a single man an unforgetable one!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenports, Lori's room was getting mighty warm. Lori had 'adjusted' his pants for him for sure, she had promptly dropped them around his ankles!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Dukes, the boys had moved the two twin beds to the barn and one to Daisy's room and moved Daisy's full bed into the boys room which would serve as Luke and Lori's room until the new room could be built. Dressers had been rearranged and moved. Daisy had changed the curtains in the boys room to something a bit less masculine and had managed to put a rather neutral colored set of sheets and comforter on her double bed in Luke's room. They knew Luke had plans to spend at least one night in the better motel just outside of Hazzard.

NARRATOR: You see there were two local motels --- The No-Tell-Motel and the better one!

But, they all wanted things to be ready for them to move in before the wedding. The double bed had been placed in a totally different position than any of the three twin beds. Daisy had put a note on the door to Luke for when he came in which read, "Luke, TURN ON THE LIGHT WHEN GO INSIDE!!! Daisy!

When Luke came home he saw Daisy's note on the bedroom door. Removing the note he opened the door and turned on the light the room looked totally different than it had ever since he could remember. Now the curtains were a little more femanine and the big bed stood in place of the three twin size beds and it was in a different position too. He was glad Daisy had left him the note otherwise he might have completely missed the bed. He went to bed that night with thoughts of his and Lori's time alone at the Davenport farm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Davenport farm everything was quiet with all asleep except for B.L sneaking in she'd had to work a late shift at the Boar's Nest after helping Lori at the church house all day. She'd stayed a little while after closing to start decorating for the reception that would be there after the wedding. Taking off her shoes B.L slipped upstairs careful to avoid the creaky ones and went to her room collapsing into bed hoping the next day wasn't as busy as this day had been.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning.....

That next morning the Bridal shower had all ready been planned and was going to be held at the Davenport farm. Cooter and Luther got up and was ready to go as they could see Lori and B.L. still asleep, Dixie was in her room getting ready to start decortaing for the bridal shower later. Lori could hear the wrecker leave and she smiled getting up. Her hair was a mess and Dixie notcied, she rolled her eyes and went to B.L.'s door and opened. Lori tapped Dixie and whispered,"Shhh....let her sleep, she came in late last night..she's had a trying week, we all have, leave her be fer a while and let her rest up."

Dixie nodded and quielty closed her door. The girls began cleaning the house up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm, Bo was up and in the house getting cleaned up he had to go and make sure that the Boar's Nest was fixed right.... with a few decorations but mostly to see the strippers and see if they were ready.

Luke woke up and crawled out of the bed, he was smiling as he pulled his clothes on and brushed his hair back some. He walked in and was as happy as a lark, he was even humming a tune.

Bo smiled and thought,"Ohhh wait'll tonight you'll be humming then..."

Luke saw the smirk on bo's face and chuckled, getting some coffee ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther and Cooter arrived at the garage and began working

~~~~~~~

Dixie, however, between breaks of cleaning the house, ran up to her room to check on Lori's gifts, laughing everytime she saw them...

After Luke had poured his coffee he remembered the smirk he had seen on Bo's face and had chuckled, but now he began to worry just a bit. He asked, "Bo WHAT are you up too?"

Bo tried to look innocent but failed miserably, "What? What are you talking about Luke?"

This only assured Luke he should BE worried. Luke tried again to get something out of Bo, "Bo. You ARE NOT going to do anything tonight OR God forbid tomorrow, to get me divorced or killed before I even get married are you?"

Bo only smirked and shook his head, with a cat ate the mouse kind of look,"You'd know I'd never do that to you cousin."

Luke crossed the kitchen to where Bo stood, he looked his younger cousin in the eyes and reminded him, "Bo, you know how much Lori and I have been through to get to this point. I may be the one getting married tomorrow, but just remember, one of these days, you may just decided to do the same thing, AND so help ME, I'll remember ANYTHING you DO." Luke paused and then added, "And, Cousin, payback is a BI---!!!!"

Bo said, "I'm just doing my duty as the best man, Luke. Would you relax?"

Luke still gave him a supicious look as he headed outside to start the chores. He hoped Bo didn't do anything to piss Lori off!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenports, Dixie began to wraop Lori's gifts so that she'd open them in just the right order! First she'd wrap the bath and perfume set of Lori's favorite perfume. On this one, she put on the card, 'To Lori, From Dixie, A little something special for you to pamper yourself before you get ready for your wedding'. Then, she took a larger box and placed her second gift in it. She wrpped it just so, and put on the card, 'To Lori, A 'little something' for the bride and groom'. In a box half the size of the other box she wrapped yet another part to the gift. On this card she wrote, 'To Lori, Next, a bit of insurance to help prevent 'accidents'. In she wrapped a secon box half the size of the first and wrote on the, 'To Lori, 'Lastly, in case you two are too over heated to bother with the 'insurance'. Dixie then took the two smaller boxes placed them side by side and put the larger box neatly on top. She secured the three packages together with ribbons. Giving them another glance she laughed again. While everyone was getting ready she took the presents and put them on the small table they had set up for gifts. There were a few that had been dropped off or send by ladies who would not be attended the shower. Dixie added them in a way so that they would not stick out as just arrived gifts by putting some others in front of them.

Later that day, when the men were all arriving at the Boar's Nest. Uncle Jesse and Luther were all at a table nearst the bar. Bo was out back with the strippers that arrived. He told them were to hide and to get ready for when they rolled the cake out.

Luke was setting inside when Tommy came in. Luke saw him and pushed him back out the door.

"I gotta score ta settle with you..." Luke drew his fist back and knocked Tommy out,"Stay away from Dixie don't come near her again."

Tommy looked to Luke and said,"Why should you care fer her?? yer gettin marrid to her cousin..."

Luke knew if Lori found out about this she'd more than likely call the wedding off. Luke backed off and shook his head going back in. Tommy sat outside fer awhile.

Bo smiled as he saw Luke and walked in.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the farm, the women were in the house and all was quaint, gossip was spreading around the room and Lori was bored out of her mind.

When Dixie mentioned that they should let Lori open the gifts, she was half asleep on the couch....

B.L...........

B.L looked at Lori about asleep on the couch and stood up announcing

"I think it's time to open the gifts."

She knew part of what Dixie had gotten Lori but not all of it. First she handed Lori a box from Miss Lulu it had a nice set of dishes in it. Next Lori opened what Mabel Wooster-Potery had sent she couldn't stay for the shower her and Emery were going out of town. It was a set of cookware, Miz Tizdale's gift was next it like all the others so far had been just something that Lori would need to set up housekeeping. And so it went until all the gifts were open except for the ones from Dixie,B.L and Daisy. B.L knew those were likely to be the most interesting ones so she'd saved them for last and hoped none of the older ladies had coronary's when they saw them.

Lori took Dixie's first box and smiled she untied the bow carefully and removed the paper opening the box. Inside was a bath set and perfume of Lori's favorite perfume. Next gift was one of the smaller boxes from Dixie it was a blue teddy with stockings,garter the whole shebang!. Lori turned red but that was nothing compared to the next box when she opened it she almost stopped breathing and turned purple it had condoms in it she was going to kill Dixie later. The last box had booties and a bottle in it by now Lori was ready to crawl under the couch but she smiled at Dixie and said "thank you".

Dixie had inched her way behind B.L she had seen the killer looks behind Lori's smile and thanks. B.L then handed Lori her own gift it was black satin sheet set with little red hearts on them. Lori again smiled and said 'thank you' BL unlike Dixie wasn't worried about the daggers being shot her way out of Lori's eyes and smirked saying "glad ya like 'em cousin".

Lastly was Daisy's gift she'd went along the same theme as B.L and Dixie but she'd kept her a little less risque. Lori untied the neatly tied bow and opened the box it was some tea candles and some bigger ones with glass holders to 'set the mood' is what the card had said. Lori again smiled sweetly and thanked Daisy each of the cards she'd gotten from the other three girls had implied something naughty getting gasps from the older ladies as they were passed around with the gifts.

After all the older women left, Daisy slipped out to the car and brought in a nice wine decantor. "Lori, Uncle Jesse sent you something. Figured that the guys shouldn't be the only ones having fun tonight."

Lori smiled sweetly to Daisy,"Thanks darlin....Dixie, I'm uhhh glad you got those booties and the bottle in it....I'm not sure but I've had the signs and Luke doesn't know..." Lori breathed in a heavy shaky sigh.

BL was the first to pounce, "LORI???? YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?"

Lori just shrugged a little. "Never know."

Dixie said, "Well, glad the gifts will come in handy. Daisy, I'll take care of Lori's share of the shine. I don't think it would be such a good idea for her to drink."

Daisy looked from one to the other of the cousins.

BL was about to die laughing....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo smiled as he saw Luke and walked in. He was ready for a really good evening. Little did he know that Luke and Tommy had just had round one. He practically drug Luke to the back room. Luke was gonna warn Bo again but didn't have time to before he was in the back room where all his friends were from school and several older men who were either Jesse's or Luther's friends. After a bit of drinking and well wishes by the older men they headed either on their way home or to the front room of the Boar's Nest so the younger men could do their thing. No one would say who had the 'connection' to get the movies but it was between Cooter, Mark and Bo. They had some pretty naughty XXX movies they were showing.

Luke was trying not to act too bored for Bo's sake and they were making sure that Luke's glass stayed full of shine. Luke had likely drank more than he'd watched the movies. After the movies and alcohol was supposed to have gotten the men pretty worked up the door opened and in came two strippers. One who put on a show for the guys while the other proceeded to devout her undivided attention to the groom. Luke was trying to spot Bo, when he did he saw that Bo was too busy watching the show to see his annoyance. Luke knew if Lori heard that they had arranged this show his goose would be cooked. It was then the first girl joined the other one and they proceeded to give him a lap dance. Luke was feeling good and desided to be a 'sport' and enjoy the party. Afterwards the girls wished Luke well and made him some very rated X propositions for tonight or anytime in the future. Luke was not drunk and politely declined the invitations. He glared at Bo as he stood up, still politely peeling the girls off of him and headed to the restroom hoping that they would be gone before he got back.

Luke found that he had drank more than he'd thought after he stood up and started walking. The alcohol from the shine hit him pretty hard. Luke knew he should have known better, because he knew it would hit him harder after he stood lup and started moving around. On his way back to the party Tommy Rogers who had also been drinking pretty heavily in the front room stopped Luke.

Tommy grabbed Luke's shirt and said, "You never did answer MY question? What should it matter WHO I do WHAT with when you are MARRYING someone ELSE?"

Luke grabbed Tommy's hand and said, "Let go of me now."

Tommy asked, "Or, WHAT?"

Luke didn't need a second invitation, he closed the distance between him and Tommy in one motion before Tommy knew what hit him. Luke grabbed his shirt and punched at the same time. Luke continued to punch him in the ribs.

Tommy did his best to defend himself.

Cooter and Bo came out of the back room to see what the noise was. When Bo looked, he saw what was going on but had NO idea why. It was a fair fight so he and Cooter stood by to keep it that way. When Tommy fell, now throwing his own punches, Luke pouched on top of him and banged his head against the floor several times. No one in the place knew why but it was a good fight. Cooter was in the position to be nearest Boss Hogg's private door where Rosco likely was. He grabbed the door handle and held it tightly to slow Rosco's progress. Hearing the commotion Rosco fired a warning shot into the ceiling, covering Boss Hogg with plaster dust from the ceiling. Cooter let go as Rosco charged into the room. Not knowing or caring what was happening all he saw was Luke on top and whipping Tommy.

"FREEZE! Freeze!" they didn't. "Luke Duke, ... you ... are under arrest!" Rosco continued. Putting his gun back in the holster, he grabbed Luke from behind. This had little effect.

It was this particular moment that two State troopers happened by the Boars' Nest. Upon entering they saw Rosco struggling to gain control of Luke. They proceeded to assist the Sheriff, still unseen by Luke, who continued to fight both Rosco and Tommy. Trooper Mitchell, with handcuffs in hand, managed to get one cuff on Luke's left hand.

This is where Luke made what would not be his first mistake of the evening. He swung on the person holding the cuffs, connecting his fist with the Troopers chest. Doing the only thing he could do at the time Trooper Mitchell fell with all his weight on to Luke's left arm pinning it between Luke's back and the Troopers chest. Through the beer and shine this did get Luke's attention.

Trooper Mitchell shifted his weigh off Luke just a bit to keep from breaking anything, as soon as he quit fighting them. They were able to get the cuffs on him and get him off Tommy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the troopers came in Bo and Cooter looked at each other, managing an, "Ol' Sh-----!" Neither knew what had brought this on. But, they KNEW Luke was in more trouble than was going on before them. When Luke swung on the Trooper it was all Cooter could do to hold Bo back, to keep him from 'helping' Luke and getting himself in BIG trouble, too.

"Bo, just hold on a minute." said Cooter. "Luke will need us more out here than joining him in the 'pokie'. Cooter couldn't see what else was going on with Luke as he tired to get Bo under control and away from the situation involving Luke. Cooter ended up half dragging Bo outside before the law turned their attention to them. From across the parking lot Bo and Cooter saw the Troopers put Luke in their car. He was complying with them at this point. Luke managed to have a slight busted lip. However, when Tommy came out with Rosco to give his 'statement', it was obvious that he had gotten the worst end of the fight. Cooter said, "Come on, let's get to the farm. There's gonna be he-- to pay when Jesse and Lori find out about THIS!!!"

Lori had all her wonderful gifts put up and was actually enjoying the times with Daisy, Dixie, and B.L.

Cooter pulled up and both him and Bo got out. Walking in they looked to the ground and said,"Uhhh Lori....we've uh..got some bad news... they may not be a wedding tomorrow...more like s funeral.."

Lori's heart dropped in her chest,"Why..."

Cooter said quite frankly like,"Luke's been arrested fer fightin Tommy..."

Dixie looked to Lori and hung her head in shame and let out a little eep sound. Lori looked to Dixie and quickly thought something was up. she sighed and said," Uncle Jesse know?"

Cooter and Bo said,"We was hopin you'd go down and see him...Uncle Jesse dont know.... We know its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding but... this is serious."

Lori nodded and got up and changed into her jeans and an acdc t-shirt. She pulled her jacket on and looked to B.L. and Dixie who was setting up and watching,"We'll stay home and clean up Lor.."

Dixie replied all to soon for Lori and she shook her head and stormed out, al he-- has broke loose in Hazzard folks!

Cooter got on the CB to Uncle Jesse, Uncle Jesse sighed and said,"Well tell him I'll be down in the morning to bail him out.. get him out for the wedding"

Lori got on,"IF he makes it out alive!!"

Uncle Jesse winced at the tone and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was in the cell, sobered up to. he felt his lip and winced as it hurt. Lori charged through the jail doors and made her way down to the bottom. She saw Luke behind bars and spoke firmly,"I let you throw a bachelor party and THIS is what happens?"

Luke looked down at the floor and tried to think of something to say to her. It wasn't working. Everything he came up with didn't seem enough, finally he said, "I'm sorry. I really didn't plan it this way either."

Lori sighed and saw the stupid grin on Rosco's face, Lori gave him a deat glare that would make the devil shake in his cowboy boots, Rosco nodded and went upstairs.

Lori looked to Luke through the bars, pulling a seat up smelling the roguish perfume on him,"HOLD UP A MINTUE COWBOY...just WHAT exactly HAVE you been doing??"

Luke looked confused and asked her,"What are YOU talking bout?"

Lori reached through the bar and yanked on his shirt,"Smell that????? dont ask me WHAT am I talking bout!!!"

Luke now knew what she was talking about. He must have perfume on him from Mabel's girls. "Lori, someone, I figure Bo had a couple of Mabel's girls stopped by."

Lori looked enraged,"WHOS GIRLS???????!!!!!!"

Luke swollowed hard. He hoped, thought that everyone knew Miss Mabel. He didn't want to explain this to Lori. Not now and especially through bars.

Rosco desided that he'd help Luke out, "Why I thought everyone knew Miss Mabel the rolling Madam."

Lori sighed and glared at Rosco,"I KNOW WHO SHE IS!!!! THE QUEEN OF THE WHORES!!!!! BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT!!!"

Rosco stepped back up and quietly went to set down.

Luke sighed and took a couple steps backwards hoping she couldn't reach him if she desided that she wanted to.

Lori looked to Luke and said,"Who had strippers come in??? apprently I aint good enough fer ya!!!"

"Lori, I swear I had nothing to do with them showing up. I had no idea they were coming. I don't know who's responsible but I sort of figure it was Bo at least in part."

Lori nodded seeing the look on his face,"How'd you get the busted lip?"

Luke looked down and touched it again, jumping slightly,"Well....Tommy, walked in and i was in the bathroom hoping that they'd be gone by the time I got back, and Tommy grabbed my shirt..... Me and him had a go around earlier and well... we had another I fought him and the cops.... and thats why im here."

Lori shook her head," I bet this ties in with Dixie somehow...It don't surprise me in the least bit....no wonder she acted the way she did at the house.."

Luke looks confused, "Dixie? Why do you think it has anything to do with Dixie? He started on me when I was going back to the backroom." Luke knew no one knew why he and Rogers had gotten into it.

"What do you mean? How she acted at the house??" He added

Lori sighed and said,"Cause she has feelings for you and you more thn likely liked her or still like her."

Lori added to her statement,"Had a shameful look on her face, like she was HIDING something."

Luke wasn't in the mood for this tonight. He sighed, "I told you, Dixie is like a sister to me. Like you are to Bo and Jeb, which is why by the way they moved their beds into the barn til we could build another room. CAuse you are like a sister to THEM and they know I"d like to share my bed adn room with YOU, my wife."

Luke replied, "Well, I don't know what's going on with her, but I told ya where I stand."

Lori didn't accept the answer but agreed anyways with him. She smiled and nodded to him seeing his lip she touched it softly with her finger. Luke sighed and looked her in the eyes, Lori reached through the bars and kissed the sore spot Luke groaned a bit as it hurt. Lori sighed and said,"Uncle Jesse will be here in the morning to get you out so you can make it to the church house."

Luke smiled and nodded rubbing her arms. Lori smiled and kissed him again,"I gotta go home and get up early see ya tomorrow..hopefully."

Luke nodded and kissed her again, going to lay down.

Lori walked up and had returned to home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

That next morning........

That next morning everything was buzzing at both farms. Lori was stomping around the house in a tizzy yelling.

"BRANDY LOU IF YOU GOT MY HOT ROLLERS I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU INTO NEXT WEEK!!!"

B.L nearly jumped out of her skin trailing a line of liquid eyeliner up her temple she screamed back "I AIN'T GOT YER ROLLERS I GOT MY OWN!!!!!!"

Lori could still be heard cussing every breath she drew, opening and slamming drawers and cabinets looking for her hot rollers. When she finally found them they wouldn't work the heating element was burned out and that set off another round of cussing. She stomped to Dixie's room looking for the shoes she was going to wear to the church house she wasn't going to put on her wedding dress until she got there.

Dixie was having a ball listening to Lori she followed her out of the room and went to BL's they were gonna give Lori a good scare. BL had put another line of eyeliner leading from her eye to her temple just like the one where Lori had scared her. She was wearing bright red lipstick that looked like a clowns mouth and had on a flannel shirt and ole overalls. Going out into the hall she announced "Ok Lori I'm ready". Dixie was about to die laughing and Lori was about to have a heart attack at the sight.......

Lori lookd to B.L.'s outfit and started cussing a bluestreak,"BRANDY LOU DAVENPORT IF YOU GO TO THAT WEDDING DRESSED LIKE THAT ILL MURDER YOU!!"

BL looked at Lori and replied, "I am going to the church like this! Doesn't mean I'll be at the wedding this way!"

About that time, the phone had rang and Dixie answered it. It had been a wrong number, but it worked to her advantage. She walked to where Lori was and said, "That was Uncle Jesse. He said something about the Judge not setting bail for Luke since he hit a Trooper." Dixie had gotten enough information from Cooter to add to her tail to make it believeable.

Lori, .......

Cooter had heard Dixie, and his eyes grew wide with concern for Lori and Luke.....

Dixie quickly grabbed Cooter, dragging him outside where she explained, "It was a wrong number, but I had to pull her chain!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Jesse Duke being the head of the Duke family made his way to the couthouse. He hoped to get Luke out early so he wouldn't have to rush gettng readyl for the wedding. As it was he beat the Judge there, so he went to wait with Luke...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through out Hazzard folks were getting ready and leaving for the wedding in Chickomohony between what most thought as a very unlikely pair, but two young people who deserved each other! Most of them would not have missed this wedding for the world, just to see IF it actually took place!

Lori screamed and was in her ACDC t-shirt, highway to hell, and was in her jeans. She managed to curl her hair as it hung loose and had her makeup on. She pulled her levi jacket on and rolled her sleeves up,"I aint got no time to fool around with ya'll i gotta go." She had her dress out in the car and climbed in speeding off.

Cooter looked to them and pointed,"CHANGE....NOW!!"

The girls laughed and changed. When they were done they all went to their cars and got in pulling out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Jesse waited with Luke and smiled,"Todays the day son..you ready?"

Luke took a deep breath and replied, "Well, I regret a couple of things about last night, but, ah, yeah. Yeah, I am. More so than I ever thought I would be."

Uncle Jesse nodded and said,"pre wedding squabble?"

Luke nodded and said,"You could say that.."

The judge came in and set his bail,Uncle Jesse paid it and got him out. Uncle Jesse ran him home so he could take a quick shower and get ready. When Luke stepped out, in his tuxedo that Lori loved soo much, he stepped out and let out a shaky sigh. Uncle Jesse smiled and nodded, they headed to the church.

Lori was on her way whilst everyone else was there. Rosco had his spped trap out and had caught Lori in it. Lori cussed and sped on. Rosco was trying to catch her when she crossed the county line to chickomohony and looke dot the clock, she was LATE AND BAD!!! she was spose to have been there an hour ago.

Everyone at the church was waiting. Luke was ancy, and was sweating. Someone from the back jumped up and hollered,"I knew she wouldn't show up!!"

Luke had thought she woudnt and realized that maybe they wasnt mean tto be. As everyone stood up Lori swung Midnight in and ran inside busting the doors wide open. Everyone gasped and looked to her.

Luke looked sorta smug, and told Bo,"I knew she'd be here."

Lori caught the eyes on her and her t-shirt. "Listen ya'll I wouldve came dressed as a regualr bride would be but I guess all that matters is that Im here."

Lori stepped up and looked to Luke, in his tux. She smiled and sweetly said, taking his hand,"You look amazing sweetheart."

Luke looked at her still in her jeans, "You do too. Take you're time. I'll be here!"

Lori looked to Luke and said,"You really want me to change?? right now? and here i thought you wanted ti over and done with?

I want you to be happy. You didn't plan to be in jeans. Go change!"

Lori smiled and ran off saying as she ran,"Be right back ya'll!!!"

Everyone sat down and waited.

10 mintues later, the music began and Luke's heart raced. Lori stepped out to the isle, with the veil draped over her face, a soft pink strapless dress that came to the top of her feet, white open toed high heels, the dress had one pink rose in the middle of it at the top of it. Lori smiled and walked up. Luther giving her away.

They went through the whole thing, and as Luke was placing the ring on her finger, he wondered could they stick to their vows....

Lori was wondering the same thing. The precher pronounced them the new Mr. and Mrs. Luke Duke and said he may now kiss the bride, Luke raised her veil and smiled to her, kissing her.

Everyone was looking at them amazed and followed them out, Lori then proceeded to change as did everyone else and they headed for the Boar's Nest....

At the Boar's Nest everyone was more at home. Shine was flowing. Luke managed t get Jeb off to himself and said, "Jeb. You ain't seeng anyone special are you?"

He answered, "No. Not right now. Why?"

Luke suggested, "Why don't you talk to Dixie some? Something is up, but for now it would help me if you're just friendly."

Jeb checked out Dixie. She sure had grew up, "Sure Luke. Not a problem there!"

Lori looked around and never drunk anything. Luke walked back over to her as he watched Jeb talk to Dixie and Dixie must have approved. Luke wrapped Lori in his arms and laid his head on her shoulder, "We did it honey.."

Loir smiled and put her hand on her stomach, hoping she wasn't pregnant, knowing that she was though,"Yea..we sure did."

Uncle Jesse stood up and said a few words,"Now I know that these two youngins here have a history together, but hey they must love each other, everytime something bad happened tween em theyd always come right back and still love each other, a toast to the new bride and groom... may you both be HAPPY....."

Luke and Lori caught the last part and smiled shaking their heads. Lori smiled and got up with her guitar.

"This is a song I wrote... yea yea an ole mushy love song, I wrote it for Luke.... a song that really touched me and got me interested in singing...its called ,'You Took My Heart Away."

Staring at the moon so blue

Turning all my thoughts to you

I was without hopes or dreams

I tried to dull an inner scream

But you...

Saw me through

Walking on a path of air

See your faces everywhere

As you melt this heart of stone

You take my hand to guide me home

And now...

I'm in love

You took my heart away

When my whole world was gray

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And when it's cold at night

And you sleep by my side

You become the meaning of my life

Living in a world so cold (living in a world so cold)

You are there to warm my soul (you are there to warm my soul)

You came to mend a broken heart

You gave my life a brand new start

And now...

I'm in love

You took my heart away

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And you sleep by my side

Holding your hand

I won't fear tomorrow

Here where we stand

We'll never be alone

You took my heart away

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And you sleep by my side

You become the meaning

When she was done, everyone was clapping and whislting. Luke.........

Luke looked to his bride and privately said, "How about we get outta here?"

Lori couldn't have been more ready.

Luke looked to Bo as he had promised, and said, "Bo you got 10 minutes tops."

Bo went to Daisy, "They are about ready to leave."

Daisy said, "OK! I hear the bride and groom are in a hurry. I need all single gals up here right now!!!!!!!" She had Lori turn with her back to the crowd and toss teh bouquet.

Dixie found herself catching the bouquet without even trying!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next was Luke's turn to toss the garder. ALl the single guys were trying to avoid the toss. Luke was determined to hit either Bo, Jeb or Cooter. He was blindfolded and made a wild toss which hit the ceiling an dlanded back in his OWN hands!...................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NARRATOR: Folks the superstitious would claim that Dixie and LUKE would be the next to wed!?????

Lori was tapping her finger on her mouth and said,"Might we go ahead and get a divorce then??"

Luke shook his head and said, "You can't believe that old wives tale can you???? You are stuck with me."

Lori laughed and looked to Dixie,"Sorry cousin.... hes mine!"

Dixie replied, "Never argued the point Cousin!"She added "You seem the one doubting it!"

Lori laughed and replied,"We'll see whos doubtin what here soon....." Lori winked to Luke and took his hand, running out to Midnight.

Luke looked to her and said,"A little rushy arent we?"

Lori sighed and climbed in,"Fer what I have planned yes."

Luke shuddered and smiled widely.

You see, Lori had the candles lite at the "Good" hotel, she had the blue teddy in the bathroom waiting.

When the two arrived Lori led him to the room, were it smelled like coconuts from the candles. Luke smiled and looked to her. Lori led him to the bed and pushed him back she whispered in his ear,"Ill be right back sugar.."

Luke was already hurting, why did he have to wait, he stripped to his boxers but when he saw Lori step out in the blue teddy he knew what was about to happen was worth waiting for!

Lori strutted over to the bed and as soon as she got there the teddy came off as did his boxers......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT NEXT MORNING....

Luke had wanted to make things special for Lori on their wedding night too. He knew they had been together before but he wanted to make it worth Lori's wait too, so he'd take things slow well as slow as he could! He reached for some protection as Lori reached the bed. She knew what he was doing and stopped him by taking his hand gently, and nibbling on his neck, she whispered, "I've got that taken care of." Luke took her in his arms.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT NEXT MORNING.... Dixie was awake early. In fact she really hadn't been to sleep. She heard Cooter and Luther get up and leave at their normal time. Figuring that BL would sleep in for awhile she moved from her room to the couch.

When BL came in and saw Dixie covered up but very much awake on the couch. She knew something was wrong. She stopped at the couch and took a seat and a bit of Dixie's cover, then asked, "What?"

Dixie shrugged, "Couldn't sleep. Too much excitement yesterday I guess."

BL wasn't buying that for a minute, "Talk to me."

Dixie began, "Well, first I've been thinking about Jeb. All these years and he picks last night to say more than three words to me with out trying to put a fish worm on me. Course after he seen I wasn't scared of them a few years ago he hasn't really talked to me unless we were in a group of people......"

BL wasn't sure what was going on with Jeb either but offered, "Maybe you surprised him being dressed up and he realized he didn't have to put a fish worm on ya to get your atttention."

"Maybe," Dixie thougth a few more minutes and asked BL, "You ever wonder what it's like to be married? I don't just mean the sex, I mean really being married and everynight going into your room and closing everybody else out and it being just you two?"

Now, BL knew where that came from, and asked "You've been up all night thinking about Luke and Lori?"

Dixie shook her head 'no', "I TOLD you I've been thinking about a lot of stuff. Just wondered if you ever thought about it? I used to wonder when Mom and Dad were together, what they did or talked about after they went to their room. My room was right by there's and I knew a lot of times they would be up a long time after I was sent to bed."

BL................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm, Bo and Jeb had also been up most of the night talking and trying to get used to their 'new' bedroom in the barn. Sure they had slept out plenty of times but it was a bit different to have the barn as your bedroom. They were talking about

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn was breaking just outside of Hazzard in the small hotel room.................

B.L looked at Dixie she knew deep down this was more about Luke and Lori than married couples in general. Thinking she looked out the window at the early morning light then back to Dixie and said....

"Well I imagine they talked about all their hopes and dreams for you and Cooter. Stuff like that is what most parents talk about I think."

Picking at a thread on the blanket they were covered with B.L continued not exactly sure what a married couple without children might talk about late at night but she'd do her best to answer Dixie's question.

"I guess a married couple without children talks about their plans for maybe a new house and starting a family some day."

Dixie nodded listening she wondered if Luke and Lori would be talking about starting a family soon. Or maybe they already had she had noticed Lori hadn't drank any shine at the reception. The room fell quiet again as the two sat under the blanket, B.L sighed in a way she was going to miss Lori being around there wouldn't be anybody to fight with but Cooter and Dixie chuckling she thought to herself that she and Lori sure had some good rounds but when the chips were down one would always be there to help the other out of trouble.

Dixie..........

Dixie sighed and got up, going to the kitchen to make breakfast for the two.

~~~~~~~~

Bo and Jeb had awoken and went to the house to get cleaned up and dressed. Lori would be moving in today and they could already imagine the arguments, who's gonna run the shine in the house?? who tells who to do what.... Bo laughed at the thought and shook his head. Vance remembering his times with Lori had been just that..memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn was breaking just outside of Hazzard in the small hotel room as Lori stirred in the bed and smiled looking to the ring on her finger and then to the sleeping man that lay beside her. She smiled hearing him snore and go on. Lori crawled out and went to the bathroom, she was beginning to get the morning sickness, as quietly as she could, she did her business and took a quick shower.

Luke had stirred and strechted and yawned in the bed before rolling out, his hair sticking out everywhere. He scratched his head and pulled his clothes on. He looked down to his hand and sighed, seeing the ring... praying things would work out.

He smiled when he saw Lori step out wrapped in a towel unaware that he was awake. He watched her get dressed and smiled to her as she turned around blood red. She sighed and smiled jumping back on the bed and hugging him. He smelled the jasmine and vanilla and had always loved that smell. Lori looked to him and nodded,"We best be going...I gotta go home and pack my things up and we gotta get it to the farmhouse. "

Luke nodded and smiled. They walked out and kissed each other climbing in. Lori sped on to the Davenport farm.

When she arrived she saw Dixie still at home, she sighed and climbed out looking to Luke.

She walked in and smiled to Dixie,"Im sure gonna miss ya cuz.."

Dixie nodded and smiled, looking to Luke..

Lori went to pack, whislt Luke and Dixie talked.......

Dixie waited until Lori was sure to be busy packing, and nodded for Luke to come in the kitchen. She poured him a cup of coffee and said very quietly, "Heard about you and Tommy. I told you nothing happened. You didn't have to do that on account of me, especially the night before your wedding."

Luke sipped the coffee and replied, "Yeah, I did have to. And, it wasn't just about you. If he'd try something with you how many has he succeeded with or will he next time. He needed a lesson. I gave him one."

Dixie replied, "But, now you are in trouble with Rosco."

"It's not the first time. Won't be the last time." Luke said matter of factly as if the 'story' had already been written and he just had to follow.

Dixie said, "But, things are different now. Ain't they?"

Luke looked at her wondering what she meant.

Dixie finished her thoughts, "Your married now."

Luke asked, "You think that is gonna keep me out of trouble? You really aren't serious right?"

Dixie shrugged, "Well, when you decide to get married, doesn't that mean you're suppose to calm down? You know be more responsible?"

Luke grinned at her, "Do you really see ME and LORI that way?"

Before Dixie could answer they heard Lori coming .........

Before Dixie could answer they heard Lori coming she was humming Dixie when she walked down the stairs with her suticases, she only had two. she had everything else packed but shed get them later.

Luke looked to Dixie and smiled,"Reckon we'll see ya'll later."

Lori smiled and walked out telling Dixie goodbye. Luke walke dout and sighed looking to Dixie and smiling. Dixie's heart melted. Lori and Luke climbed in and sped off towards the farm.

Once they arrived, Lori climbed out and looked to Luke and shook her head laughing,"Aint lived in this house fer 9 years, and now im married, to the man my mama said I should settle down with.. funny aint it?"

Luke grins and sorta laughs a little, then replies, "Well, I always heard God had a since of humor. As much as I've ran from mariage and all, it seems a little strange to me too."

Lori smiled and got her stuff out of the trunk seeing Jesse in the kitchen, he smiled to her and said,"Welcome back home Mrs. Duke."

Luke smiled and looked to her, Lori looked to Uncle Jesse and smiled saying,"Glad ta be back Uncle Jesse."

Lori went to their room and saw it rearranged,"Woo.... looks at tag bit different there.."

Luke nodded and took her things, laying them on the bed.. Lori smiled and sat on the bed looking to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night before supper, Daisy was at work and Uncle Jesse sat at the tables with the boys and Lori. Uncle Jesse looked to the boys and said,"Alright, Jeb,Bo ya'll ride with me.. Coy, Vance, you'll run blocker fer Luke, and Luke you'll be in the runner runnin the load, with me Bo, and Jeb in behind with another load. We're heading to Chicasaw and to Capitol City fellers."

The boys all nodded and Lori looked stumped. Luke kissed her and was the last one out the door,everyone else was loading some jugs and things up. Lori looked to Luke and said,"But...but... Why can't I go? That aint fair I wanna go!!"

Luke led her away from the others. He was trying to keep this their business and not involve teh whole clan. "Look, Honey, I never like you running shine before you were my wife and now that you are I won't have it. First, there is no need for you two. Second they are getting too close to us. Third, I just don't want you too."

Lori looked to him and her mouth dropped open and quickly sut with her arms crossed,"Luke Duke!!! WHAT exactly DO you expect me to do?? Stay home, cook, clean, barefoot and pregnant at the stove??"

Luke knew the others were bound to have heard her. If she wanted them involved so be it. "I EXPECT you to be my wife! Not out here running ridges!

It is too dangerous right now If anyone is gonna go to prison for running shine it will be ME NOT YOU! You ARE NOT GOING! I won't stand for it,i said NO, YOU are MY wife and will LISTEN to ME!"

Lori drew the line at the last statement,"Well... YOU are my HUSBAND and you aint the only one that wears the PANTS at this house! I don't take to kindly to be given demands darlin you bes be learnin that right real quick for I KNOCK it into you, I"m your WIFE not your property! not your slave,I may be your wife but I dont' have to listen to YOU if I so very well choose not to!"

"I ain't demanding nothing, Lori, but you AIN'T GOIN!!!"

Bo and Jeb was to the side, Jeb had bet Bo that they wouldnt fight but Bo had thought different. Bo looked to Jeb and said,"Told ya they would!!!"

Jeb smirked,"Wait'll he gets home though, it'll be water under the bridge!"

Bo rolled his eyes and went to the runner waiting. "Well love birdies are we done yet?"

Luke looked to Lori and sighed,"Look...I just dont want ya to go sweetheart.." Luke kissed her on the cheek and headed towards Bo and the others. Lori stomped off into the house, changing into an ACDC shook me all night long t-shirt and sweats, she pulled her hair back in a messy bun and went to the kitchen, getting the chicken out to fix supper.