Days of Shine and Romance!

DixieDavenport

This story uses my character Dixie Davenport, but I have altered my orginial story line in order for her to be in this story. She is still Cooter's little sister and is still a little over four years yonger than Luke Duke , though he hasn't even taken her age into consideration. The current ages are: Luke Duke is 20, Bo and Jeb Duke are 18, Cooter Davenport 21, Dixie Davenport 15, Daisy Duke 17, B.L. Davenport is 20, Mark McCormick 21 and Lori Davenport is 20.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a warm summer night as most of Hazzard was getting ready for bed. However, Luke, Bo and Jeb were on the front porch with Jesse drinking coffee.

Jesse cautioned, "Now you boys know what to do. I'm setting this one out tonight, but I'll be on the radio. Now I can head to you but I won't be close by."

Luke nodded. He understood exactly what Jesse was getting at. Luke knew no matter what went on tonight it was on his shoulders as he was the oldest.

Jesse asked, "Who's driving the runner?"

Luke was the first answer, "I am."

Bo and Jeb looked hurt.

Jesse hushed them. "You two will get your chance." He looked to Luke to hear his plan.

"Bo I want you out front driving in a hurry. Hopefully if you run by anyone they will jump on your back. If they do get on the radio to me and take them for a ride but don't loose them and don't get caught. jeb I want you behind me. If I do find trouble that Bo doesn't flush out you can help block for me, Ok?" Luke explained.

Jesse nodded. The plan was acceptable to him, but he must caution, "Just remember you are all three over 18 now. You get caught and there won't be anything I can do. And, boys you are crossing state lines so if you get caught it is a federal offense." He was glad to see the understanding of the seriousness in each one of 'his' boys eyes.

Luke told them to be some where on Rt 11 and he'd see them in about an hour. He had to make his way to the still and load 20 gallons of shine before they headed out to Chactaw County which took them right through Sheriff Loomis's territory.

Luke was about to make the cut off to the still when he passed none other than the Midnight Rider coming his way. He sighed hoping she wasn't out running shine again. He picked up the mic and yelled, "Whiskey Bent. Come back Whiskey Bent."

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori sighed and picked the cb up,"You got me Luke, what is it?"

Luke was about to answer when the cops, was in behind him. Lori sighed and pulled Midnight around speeding up causing the cos to chase her instead.Luke slowly pulled off and watched her save his hide.

Luke and Lori had been on the off setting of their relationship. Luke sighed and watched her go, he'd have to thank her later.

~~~~~

He made the delivery, and headed home with Bo and Jeb. When they got out Bo looked to Luke and said,"Ya know you'll have to talk to her right?"

Luke sighed and nodded, it was hard for him to talk to Lori cause either she never wanted to listen or she would always cry and it would hurt him.

Luke got on the CB and said,"Whiskey Bent? you make it alright?"

Lori sighed and picked up the CB mic,"Yes I did.... what now?"

Luke rolled his eyes,"Meet me at Kissin cliff ok?"

Lori was shocked and said,"Ok.."

She turned it around and headed for Kissin cliff.

~~~~

Luke got in and headed in that direction too.....

Once he found Lori at Kissing Cliff, Luke parked and walked over to her and humbly said, "Thanks for earlier."

Lori rolled her eyes and asked,"That all? made me drive out here fer nothing when I was all the way home?!"

Luke shoook his head, "No, that's not all. Yes, I wanted to thank you for stepping in and all but I was wondering why you were out here to begin with?"

Lori replied, "Why would you be concerned fer?? I was doing my job and that was all, I was spose to meet Mark but he got in trouble."

Luke questioned, "Trouble????"

Lori: "Yeah, you know, the stuff you get into all the time??, Me and him were out really really late last night and that was it.."

Luke nodded, "Ok, so why did you jump in the middle of my trouble?"

Lori shrugged."Cause im stupid."

Luke smiled, "No, you are not stupid. I apppreciate the distraction and all but you are not stupid!"

Lori.............

Lori smirked and wetted her lips,"Well if I aint stupid then what am I?"

Luke smiled with a broad smile. He thought a long minute before he replied, "You may be Crazy but ya ain't dumb!!!!!!!"

Lori leaned in closer to Luke and got in his ear giggling,"Got that right darlin."

Luke sighed. Things a month ago would have been different but now she was supposed to being seeing Mark McCormick, one of his best friends. And he was sort of interested in her cousin Dixie. Lori smiled and got in, she knew about Dixie and she knew about her supposdley seeing Mark, she wasn't interested in him though.. Dixie was coming back which was why Lori was leaving to go to Tennesse to stay with her father, he was ill and needed caring for. Boss had already ran him out of the state and he had told Lori to get out, which was why she was running at night. Lori shook her head and pulled out spitting dust on Luke.

Luke sighed and shook his head. he then proceeded to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lori got home, Luther looked to her and sighed saying,"Yer daddy called, said Hogg said you had a couple of days to leave and get gone... whats that about?"

Lori shrugged and said,"Ehhh Hogg'll have his chance to see me leave soon enough, by the time Dix makes it home, i'll be gone."

Luther shook his head and knew partly the reason was because of Luke.

NOTE: I know in the episode "General Lee's Birthday" the General Lee wasn't around in these days, but it is just SO unnatural not to have him in a story that I have bent the time frame to also have the General Lee in this story. Also, I have not researched the penalties for running moonshine lately, I am usuing bits and pieces of what is said in various episodes and the little I know about law. Some shows said 2 years, some said ten and I think one said 2-10. I know Federal sentences for the same crimes are much stiffer so that is the way I wrote the conversation with Luke and Dixie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie had spent a long weekend with her Mother pretty much against her wishes, but if it meant being able to go to school this year in Hazzard she would go. Her sixteenth birthday was coming up soon and she wanted to spend it in Hazzard with her friends who were making a big deal out of the event, where as her Mother only wanted to take her shopping for dresses and things Dixie seldom wore in Hazzard. She realy hated going shopping cause it seemed she never got to pick the clothes she wanted. However, she had snuck in a couple skirts that had some potenial.

It was about noon when Dixie arrived at the garage and being a holiday she figured Bo, Luke, and likely Jeb would be there, but there was no sigh of them. "Hey Cooter where are the guys?"

Cooter answered without thinking, "Late night I guess." He knew who she meant. He also knew they had a long run last night into another state, but he wasn't real sure how much Dixie knew about the guys late night 'activities'. He saw in an instant he'd said the wrong thing.

Dixie looked hurt and confused at the same time. "Where they at the Boar's Nest late last night?"

Cooter said, "Ah,........ well, ...... um,......."

He was saved at the sound of the General Lee pulling in.

Luke saw Dixie talking to Cooter as he pulled in. He couldn't believe that just a few months ago he had thought of her only as Cooter's little sister. Now, he had to admit to himself, she sure looked awfully grown up to him. He knew her birthday was coming up soon and planned to ask Luther after the birthday if he could possibly date Dixie. He knew there was a bit of an age difference but 18 and twenty wasn't too bad an age difference. What he was worried about though was his reputation. Luther knew a lot about Luke since he had dated Lori on and off, lately it had been more off. Luke had liked the steadness of having one girlfriend, but everytime he tried it with Lori she'd promise to not force him into commitment and she might not have in one sense but her possessiveness of him at times smothered him.

NARRATOR: Now, in case ya'll didn't notice, Luke there is doing some figuring, but he's assuming a lot too. If you didn't catch it, you'll just have to hang on for the ride.

Luke got out of the General Lee followed by Bo and Jeb.

Cooter held up an empty doughnut box, "Sorry fellas ya'll were late. But there's cold beer in the frig." Cooter knew he stuck his foot in his mouth as his Mother was standing behind him.

Luke smiled at his situation and said, "Well, I think I'll settle for a Coke. How about you guys?" He nudged Jeb and Bo.

Bo didn't catch the hint and said, "Nah, a beer sounds better."

Luke handed him a Coke anyway, "It may, but there are ladies around cuz."

Bo did have the good graces to look embarassed in front of Cooter's Mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later after Cooter and Dixie's Mother left for home, a wrecker call came in. Luke saw Cooter was elbow deep in the General Lee. "Want me to get that while you finish your, ah,... surgery?"

Cooter rolled his eyes at Luke, "Where have you had him? Yeah, go ahead I'm going to be awhile here."

Luke headed to the wrecker.

Dixie asked, "You want some company?"

Luke replied, "Sure." He was sort of trying to play his interests in her down a bit until he could talk to Luther after her birthday. But, Dixie had always 'tagged' along.

At the pond they found a soaking wet Sheriff Rosco Coultrane. After Luke got his car out of the pind Rosco began to fume, "Let me tell you one thing Luke Duke. I would have got you last night if it hadn't of been for that dang girl in that runner. I sure wished Boss would give me a Deputy I'd had you BOTH!"

Luke calmly said, "Sheriff I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I was home all evening last night. Just ask Uncle Jesse."

Rosco huffed, "Ask Jesse, ha! he was likely in front of you or behind you!"

Luke shook his head no, "Nah, Jesse was home all night too."

"Fiddle sticks ya'll were. I know Tilley when I see her!" Rosco insisted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dropping Rosco's car at the garage and Rosco had sqeaked any to dry out, Luke said, "I know you heard everything Rosco had to say out there. And, I suppose you might be wondering what he's talking about?"

Dixie replied, "Well, I caught some of what he said, but Cooter said ya'll had a late night last night and you told Rosco you were home all night. So, I've basically heard three stories about last night, but you don't owe ME and explianation."

Luke yelled at Cooter who was still under the General's hood, "We're taking the wrecker up to the Hazzard car wash and give him a good bath. I got mud all over him trying to get that danged cruiser out."

Cooter thought nothing of it. Luke liked to drive the wrecker but he lliked it clean.

Dixie said, "You didn't get it that muddy."

Luke replied, "Yeah, I know, but what I'm about to talk to you about has to be kept between you and me. If I explain to you what Rosco was talking about you can't tell a soul you know anything about what I'm telling you or you could get the whole family even Uncle Jesse in serious trouble with Rosco."

Dixie nodded, "Like I said before you don't owe me any explainations, but anything you tell me to keep a secret I will."

Luke has told her secrets in the past and she had never told but nothing this important. "I was out last night in Uncle Jesse's black car. You know the one he keeps in the barn."

Dixie nodded, "Yeah, he calls her Black Tilley."

Luke replied, "Yeah, and Rosco did see me in Tilley like he said. I flew by him and he turned on the lights about the time Lori passed me in Midnight. The crazy thing locked it up in between me and Rosco and took off like her hair was on fire. Rosco followed her and I figure she lost him awhile later."

Dixie asked, "Why would Lori have Rosco chase her if he was only after you for speeding?"

Luke smiled. He loved Dixie's innocence. He began to explain, "Because I wasn't only speeding. I had a trunk full of twenty gallons of moonshine I was taking out of state."

Dixie looked a bit surprised, "And, Cooter knew?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah. He knew we were going somewhere out of state but not where. That's how he knew I had a 'late' night. And, Lori seeing me out that late and Rosco on my tail must have figured I had a load of shine."

Dixie asked, "Lori knows?"

Luke played Lori's knowledge of his activities down a bit, "Yeah, for the same reason I'm telling you now. We could be going back right now and Rosco or one of the Revenuers see me and think I might have something in here they could pull us and check out the wrecker. They could stop me at anytime and want a look see at the vehicle. But, I will tell you this, if you are in anything I'm driving it won't be carrying anything illegal. So if you ever want to go somewhere with me and for no apparent reason I say, no, I just might be loaded. Ok?"

Dixie nodded her understanding, but asked, "And if you get caught?"

Luke knew she'd bring this part up. He hated this part of the explaination, though he'd only had this conversation once before, "I'm in a heap of trouble." he sighed and continued, "If I'd get caught in this state it's two years in the state pen and if I were to get caught on the other side of the state line it would be a Federal crime and it would be ten years in the Federal system." He'd seen the questions in her eyes but pushed through with the entire explianation.

Dixie asked, "And Uncel Jesse knows you are doing this?"

Luke smiled and said proudly, "The Dukes have been making some of the best moonshine ever made for over two hundred years, which was long before there were laws that said we couldn't. Passing a law hasn't changed the family ways none. I have helped Jesse, but he won't even give me his secret recipe. He said he would in time so that I can pass it on to my sons. Like his father passed it to him."

Dixie could never see Uncle Jesse doing anything illegal, but Luke's explaination made a lot of sense.

Luke continued, "You know I've only told one other person this."

Dixie guessed, "Lori?"

Luke nodded, 'no', "Someone before Lori. But I figured most of the rest of your family knows my family's business you may need to know so when you hear I'm out after I tell you I'm going home you won't think I'm out running aroud. I'm really trying to change that and clean up my act some."

Dixie said, "I'm glad. I've seen you hurt too much lately."

Luke smiled a bit embarassed, "Well, that's why I've been working so much both at the garage and the farm. It makes extra money for the General Lee but I hope it keeps me out of trouble with Rosco and well all those girls.........."

Luke was saved by Cooter yelling in the CB, "Crazy C looking for Lost Sheep One."

Luke answered, "Lost Sheep here."

Cooter said, "You want the General ready to race you better get back here and give me a hand."

Luke replied, "Yeah, we'll be looking at you in a minute or two."

Sure enough it wasn't long before Luke and Dixie were back at the garage to help Cooter work on the General Lee. They climbed out of the wrecker going over to where Cooter was under the General's hood and leaning in to have a look see at what Cooter was doing.

Luke: "How is he Coot?"

Cooter: "What have you been doing to the poor ole General Lucas?"

Luke shrugged and said "Nothin' just practicin' s'all"

Soon the sounds of the two Davenports and Luke could be heard along with just friendly chatter while they all worked on the car to get General Lee ready for the big race that was coming up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile B.L was back at the farm getting ready for work she'd just started working at the Boar's Nest with Daisy after one of the other waitresses quit. Putting on a pair of short shorts, red low cut tank top and red high heels she checked her long blonde hair in the mirror it hung halfway down her back instead of the usual ponytail and she had on just a hint of makeup. Deciding she was as ready as she'd ever be she grabbed her purse and went out the door getting in the Judge and headed to work truth was she was a little nervous she hoped she didn't screw up any orders or spill anything on any of the customers she really needed this job because Lori was running shine which B.L was the only one she'd told about it and Cooter got paid for working at the garage with Luther and B.L wanted to prove herself and make her own spending money and not have to borrow from Luther,Lori or Cooter all the time.

Arriving at the Boar's Nest B.L was just pulling up as Daisy got there and they walked in together. B.L told Daisy nervously....

"I hope I don't screw up so bad Boss fires me on the first day Lori'd just love that."

Daisy: "You'll be fine sugar."

The two got busy taking the chairs off the tables and setting them up before the people started drifting in although it was still too early for many people to be drinking but some would come in for the greasy cookies and a cup of coffee for breakfast on their way to work.

It wasn't long before Cooter deemed the General ready for a trial run. "But, take it easy or we'll be right back under him huh?"

Dixie shook her head. "That done a lot of good to tell them that!" They watched as Bo took off out of town. From the garage they heard a siren in the distance.

Cooter said, "Oh brother!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked at Bo, "Nice one! Now how about loosing him?"

Bo down shifted and picked up more speed.

Narrator: Now the boys ain't had the General Lee long so he still has a few bugs in him.

B.L and Daisy heard the sirens blow by the Boar's Nest and the distinct sounds of 'dixie' resounding through the air. The two looked at each other and headed out the door in a hurry locking up again and putting up the closed sign jumping in their vehicles tearing out of the parking lot to try and get Rosco off the General's tail. Daisy picked up the CB and said

"Bo Peep to Lost sheep you got yer ears on?"

Luke picked up the mic in the General and answered "Lost Sheep 1 here Daisy we hear ya loud and clear honey but we're a little busy trying to shake Rosco right now."

B.L picked up her mic in the Judge hearing Luke and Daisy's transmission and said "Hang loose Luke maybe me and Daisy can get rid of that leech on yer tail."

Luke: "would be much obliged if ya can B.L"

B.L: "I have an idea ya'll let's play chicken, if Rosco wants to be a bird of prey let him. Luke ya'll turn a 180 and head back this way."

Bo yanked on the wheel and turned a sharp 180 almost colliding with Rosco but somehow the sheriff managed to get out of the way and turn his car around giving chase again. What he didn't count on though was seeing B.L and Daisy coming straight at him he couldn't get around either of them and had no choice but to go between them. He closed his eyes and hoped he made it through........

Rosco made it through Daisy and BL but still had his eyes closed when he hit a tree. Everyone stopped to make sure he was OK. They saw Rosco moving and knew he was fine so they headed off on there ways.

Luke picked up the CB mic, "Thanks ladies!"

Daisy radioed back, "No problem!"

From somewhere in the County came the reply, "You always need a woman to get ya outta trouble?"

Luke knew it was Lori, but just replied, "Sometimes ya'll are aweful handy to have around." Then, he yelled, "Lost Sheep to Crazy C."

Bo laughed at Luke's reply.

Dixie was closes to the wrecker, "This is shotgun, go ahead Lost Sheep."

Luke said, "How about getting Cooter to bring the wrecker out here near the Boar's Nest. Rosco's hung up in a tree. Oh yeah, the General's running good!"

Dixie replied, "Will do. We'll be there in a couple minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse was waiting on the boys to get home from working on the General Lee. He pretty much let them 'play' on Saturdays and holidays with only the minimum chores being worried about. "After your chores, what do you boys have planned?"

They all looked at each other, but Jeb answered first, "Nothing special."

Jesse replied, "Good. How about ya'll head down to the Boar's Nest for a couple beers and STAY out of trouble."

The three grinned widely.

Jesse explained, "You've all been sticking pretty close to home or leaving early on nights we've had deliveries. You know what they say all work and no play, besides if ya'll are there no one will suspect me to take a few jugs of shine over to Jim. He called and said he's been pretty busy this weekend and is near about empty."

Luke asked, "You want me to take it or go with you?"

Jesse shook his head no. "I'll be fine. They will think I'm home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke called the garage and was glad Dixie answered, "We're all heading over to the Boar's Nest tonight. Thought you all might want to come out for a bit."

Dixie smiled and felt a bit of a tingle in her toes, "I'll be sure to tell the others and hopefully get to them to bring me."

Luke said, "OK." He had been careful to not exactly ask Dixie out but to imply he'd like her to come.

Lori meanwhile was headed towards the Boar's Nest for a beer or two to cool her down.

When she swung it in there she saw that EVERYONE was there, she'd missed Dixie's arrival because she was out racing in Osage with her friends Mylinda and Bessie Lou. When the three pulled in, Mylinda and Bessie following in behind Lori, they all walked in and went to the bar, Lori pulled her wallet out from her back pocket and sighed,"Three beers please."

The bartender nodded going to the other end to get the beer. Lori looked around seeing them there, she rolled her eyes and turned around, crossing her feet at the ankles propping her arms up on the bar. She started humming a tune, their beers arrived and she looked around the room shaking her head.

Dixie saw Lori and looked at Luke who was surprisingly looking at Dixie. Dixie smiled and looked to him.

Lori caught it and looked to Mylinda saying,"He drops me fer my cousin!! how screwed up is that?!"

Mylinda looked and spit beer everywhere, causing the three girls to laugh. Cooter and everyone looked to them and shook thier heads. Lori could hear over the CB someone calling to her,"Rose Red to Whiskey Bent got yer ears on sis?"

It was Taylor she was crying. Lori slid across the bar to the CB, the bartender giving her the go ahead. Lori picked up the CB mic and replying,"This heres Whiskey bent, Taylor whats wrong?"

There was silence in the bar as everyone heard the crying female voice. Luke stopped sipping his beer as did cooter and the rest.

"Its..its daddy, he's in a thight bind and he needs our help, me and Jeet is tryin all we can, we need yer help.."

Lori snorted,"He aint took no interest in me in years why should he now? ohh I forgot when the chips are down call Lori!!!! she'll help!! why not he just abused me when i was younger and never loved me?!!"

Taylor sighed and said,"It wasn't his fault Loren and you know it...please come.."

Lori sighed,"I might do it... I might not, i hafta think on it"

Taylor sighed and said,"Thanks anyways sis,"

Lori nodded hanging up the CB mic sliding back across the bar walking out tenser and madder than a wet hen. Luke got up as did the others following her out. Luke stopped at the door and stopped her,"Lori?? everything alright?"

Lori rolled her eyes, climbing in and speeding out.

Luke shook his head,"she'll leave and I know why...."

Dixie knew why too, and shook her head going back in. Luke looked to Cooter and sighed,"Ill be back, I gotta talk to that danged cousin of yers, if it aint fer her bein around Id be in over my head in trouble."

Cooter laughed and walked in.

Luke pulled out to find Lori, she was at Dry Creek thinking, with a bottle of Jack in hand.

Luke...........

Luke walked near Lori. He saw the bottle in her hand and said, "Think that's really gonna help?"

Lori asked, "Why the he-- should you care?? You don't know nothing about what helps me or what hurts me...well you may know what hurts me you already done enough of that....what are you here fer anyways?"

"To make sure you were Ok and ask you not to leave." Luke said gently.

Lori snorted and shook her head,"Why??? I aint no use to you.."

Luke sighed and thought, 'Here we go again.' but he said, "Just because we aren't dating steadily you think you are no use to me. Da-- IT, Lori you are FAMILY and my FRIEND. If you weren't WHY did you run blocker for me the other night?"

Lori took a drink of Jack and almost yelled, "I HELPED YOU LUKE CAUSE I STILL LOV....." Lori stopped and shook her head, "I've done said toooo much, I ain't stayin here, get Dixie to help ya she'll be more of USE to you than I will.."

Luke looked at Lori and said, "How the he-- did Dixie get into this?"

Lori snorted and looked to the skies laughing with frustration,"Stop making it so da-- obvious that you want her.... thats were the he-- she comes in at, everytime someone sees ya'll yer always making googly eyes at her!! Lord yer bout as bright as a burnt out light bulb!" the jack was starting to hit her..

Luke started getting defensive. Lori knew him and knew him too da-- well, "Lori you know da-- good and well she has followed Cooter, Bo, Me, and all the others since she could WALK. It's NO more than that."

Lori fell over laughing,"Hahaha you really are clueless ain't ya Luke?? You dummy she likes you, she always has.... and its purty danged clear that your googly eyed fer her..."

Luke changed the subject, "That's ridiculous! Come on back with me?"

Lori asked, "Why would I do that fer? AND what's, what ridiculous is YOU denying that you don't like her and she don't like you!! "

Luke rubbed the back of his neck.

Lori knew he was stalling.

Luke finally said, "Of course we like each other. I like Cooter to but not like I like you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Boar's Nest everyone had went back to their table. Dixie was drinking a Coke. Or rather a Coke about half empty was in front of her. She was doing a pretty fair job of sneaking sipps of Luke and Cooter's beers.

Lori rolled her eyes stretching out on the hood of the car burping,"No tlike you like me huh?? how exactly do you like me???" She was slurring her words a bit...but understood her surroundings and knew what was going on.

Luke took a deep breath and held it a long while before he let it out and said, "You know deep down I love you. We may not have our timing right but you knw I do. It's just not our time, Honey."

Lori bout fell off the hood losing her balance,"it never is our time"

Luke closed his eyes and bit is lip. "Maybe we both need to do some growing. If it's right our time will come."

Lori laughed and really did fall off the hood, she picked herself up and dusted herself off,"Welp why dont I grow up somewheres NOT around you k?"

She then proceeded to get in Midnight and she bit her tongue laughing. She was drunker than a skunk.

Luke knew he was about to tangle with a full grown Bob Cat but he wasn't going to let her pull out. He quickly leaned across her and reached for the keys.

Lori tried to keep him from getting the keys but his quick unexpected move was no match for her current state.

Luke put the keys in his front pocket and tried to talk some sense into Lori, "Now Lori I don't want you hurt or you to wreck Midnight. He say Lori coming out of Midnight with fire in her eyes. Best thing he could think of to do to get neutralize the alcohol and for him to live was to run! He had both sets of keys and he knew she'd be out for blood!

Lori took out after him cussing him for every breath.

Luke had to admit for as much as she had to drink she was still pretty quick and nimble. He jumped over a fallen log and headed for the creek area.

Lori was still behind him when a thought occured to them both. She could hot wire Midnight.

Luke tried to circle her back to get to the cars before she did. First thing he did he knew sounded hilarious but he did it anyway. He reached for the General Lee's CB mic and radioed, "Lost Sheep One to Crazy C, anybody home on the Hazzardnet?"

Cooter happened to be standing by the bar and heard the call. He crossed the bar before the bartender culd tell him to, "Crazy C here."

"Head up to Dry Creek NOW! I've got the keys to Midnight but I can only keep her off the road so long." Luke said.

"Sh--!" Cooter said then, answered, "I'm down and gone." Cooter knew and hoped that Luke knew how much toruble he was when Lori got her hands on him.

Luke saw Lori coming and said, "Now Lori just hold on a danged minute!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Boar's Nest Dixie saw Cooter head out the door. She turned to Bo, "Wonder what's up?"

Bo replied, "I don't know. Let me get Daisy's car and we'll go find out!"

Cooter speeded towards Dry Creek seeing Lori in Midnight, had him hotwired and was spinning dirt everywhere. Luke cussed and got in seeing Bo and Dixie pulling up too. They all split up and went off in to different directions. Lori was halfway down the road when Cooter and Luke used the moonshine nutcraker and enclosed on her stopping her. Luke got out and walked over to her when she climbed out and tackled him,"you little fu****!!!! i swear you touch my keys again and i'll murder you!!!"

Luke was taking it all in, he deserved it and he knew it. Dixie however saw fit to jump on Lori and pull her off Luke, shwoing everyone that she did like him and cared for him. Lori snapped her arms back knocking Dixie off her, she grabbed her keys from Luke and smirked,"Dix..why dont ya let yer boyfriend here fight his own battles fer once huh??"

Lori knew she'd get hit by Dixie and she fell back laughing.

Dixie went after Lori, "He's NOT my boyfirned but he is too much a MAN to hit YOU!" She tackled Lori on the ground."

Lori laughed and rolled Dixie over she was at a loss fer words she was laughing so hard she cant hit her.. Lori crawled off her and leaned up against Midnight and shook her head, snorting like pig. Bo and Dixie and Luke and Cooter all looked at her like she lost her mind. Luke gently took the keys from her and...........

bout that time B.L. pulled up..........

Bout that time B.L pulled up and got out of her car looking at Lori then the rest of them then back to Lori and asked.

"What's a matter with her she finally go off the deep end?"

Cooter shook his head 'no' although he wasn't exactly sure that was the right answer. "She's drunk, Luke took her keys so she hotwired midnight we all cornered her and she jumped Luke then Dixie and her got into it now she's laughin' like a lunatic for some unknown reason."

B.L shook her head listening to the events that had just transpired then walked to the back of her car getting out a jug of water, the Judge had been overheating a little and she hadn't had time to see why or have Cooter do it. Uncapping the bottle douses Lori good the hysterical laughing stops instantly.

Lori jumped up and tackled B.L and the two went rolling around on the ground B.L finally getting the upper hand since Lori was still pretty drunk straddling Lori's stomach and pinning her hands to the ground above her head......

Luke looked at Cooter and sighed, "Let's go break them up huh??"

Cooter sighed. He dreaded this too. He and Luke each grabbed a female around the waist. Cooter pulled Lori away from BL. Lori was swinging and cursing a blue streak. Luke pulled BL away from Lori. It was all the the guys could do to keep hold of the girls. They were sceaming and kicking and cursing for all they were worth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing all the cars parked in assorted directions, Rosco couldn't help but notice. He pulled up, stopped and got out of his car before anyone noticed. "ALRIGHT!!!! Settle down here! Hold it, just hold IT! What's going on here?"

Luke still had his arms wrapped around BL and he quietly said, "Please act liek you have some scense."

Cooter who was barely holding onto Lori looked up to see Sheriff Coultrane!

When Lori saw the red and blue lights she sobered up real quick and bucked on Cooter,"Git off me... I can stand on my own."

Cooter backed off and stepped to the side as Lori told Rosco what happened.She failed to mention though her being drunker than a skunk.

Rosco got this big bright idea though,"Ghkee...I know what yer doing... yer runnin shine, and thats a big no no..."

Lori rolled her eyes and retorted,"We aint done it Rosco!!"

Rosco looked to her and snorted and went after her with the cuffs, Lori looked to everyone and winked, when Rosco came to her with the cuffs Lori held her hands out, but when he got close she took hold of his forearm and flipped him. She looked to everyone and shouted,"RUN!!"

They all scattered to their cars and took off, Luke threw Lori her keys and said as he got in,"I trust you enough that you can get to one of the sites with us and hide out sos we can now think of a way to clear our names."

Lori, in under pressure climbing in said,"yea yea yea, just lead the way.."

Luke shook his head taking off to the still site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke on the CB said,"Yea this hers Lost Sheep 1 calling to the Hazzardnet, ya'll know were to go.."

Everyone, Cooter,Dixie and Bo, B.L., and Lori all agreed and followed one another, Luke and Lori in the lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived Luke got out and took Lori's keys again, to keep her from running off, thats why everyone else blocked her.

"I swear boy you keep on doing that and ill knock yer head off."

Luke smiled and said,"Done gave me a good head warming, Id like ta keep my head."

"Well give me my keys.."

"No."

"Humph, well fine then.."

They all went inside listening to Luke and Lori arguing over her keys.

When they got in Everyone sat down. Bo called Uncle Jesse letting him know were they was at. Cooter had told Luther which went over really well.

They all sat down, Lori setting in a far corner in the room relaxed and reclined.

Luke................

Luke looked over at Lori in the corner and shook his head she could be as stubborn as a mule and the fact that she'd had her a good snoot full of Jack didn't help matters. A little while later Jesse and Luther pulled up to try and figure out how to get the others out of this mess. Luther stomped in giving his four miscreants a look that had them shaking in their boots. Jesse on the ohter hand was as cool as a cucumber as he followed Luther in and shut the door taking a seat in an old chair it was time to get down to business.

Jesse listened to the long version of the evenings events, then summed them up. "Ok, you all were at the Boar's Nest. Lori got word of her father needing her to come home." He looked at Lori, "And I can understand your mixed emotions with that situation. So you left and started drinking. Luke here followed you and then you two, then Dixie and BL, all of you got into a knock down drag out. Then, Rosco happened by? That about sum it up?"

Luke sighed, "Yeah, except for us pulling out and leavign him standing."

Jesse nodded, "I take it you all settled your differences and wouldn't press charges on each other?"

They all looked at each other and and shook there heads in agreement that they wouldn't have pressed charges against anyone.

Jesse said, "Well, now I don't see much of a problem here do you Luther?"

Luther thougth a minute and said, "Well, they settled their own differences and wasn't in a public place so I don't see anything, but ya'll should have told Rosco all that instead of just running out on him."

Jesse said, "Well, now, I agree with that and ya'll are friends! No more than that! You've all been raised up as FAMILY and you should all act like it! Now it's still early if ya'll are of the mind to go have that beer and can ACT like you have the scense God gave a goose, then as far as I'm concerned my bunch can."

Luther said, "Well, I think Miss Loren needs to head home. I'll give the rest of you a couple hours and don't make me come looking for any of you. Cooter make sure your sister gets home by then."

Cooter nodded as the group headed out to their cars like a bunch of whipped pups.

Jesse added, "If Rosco give you any grief, call ME!"

Luke threw his hand up in acknowledgement.

Lori flew mad and saw to it that it was unfair and she didnt agree with it, she didnt like staying at the house being cooped up. She kicked Midnight and looked to Luke,"I WANT MY KEYS!!!"

Luke winced at her tone and tossed them to her. Lori climbed in cussing every breath and looked to Dixie making googly eyes at Luke, it sickened her. She knew that deep down it hurt her though, knowing Luke had lost interest in her for her youngest cousin. Cooter followed Lori home and Lori went in slamming the front door and slamming her bedroom door. She went to her bedroom and changed into her pjs turning up her music, Alabama and she cried, she turned up the volume to were it would jar her windows and glared throughout the house.It drowned out the sound of her crying. She got her notebook and wrote down a song.. She turned her music down and got her guitar out and she played it.

Cooter was listening at her door, it, of course, was a love song, Cooter.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Boar's Nest........

Meanwhile at the Boar's Nest, the rest of the group had taken a table in the back of the room. Dixie had quickly jumped in the car with BL before Luther figured it out that Cooter was following him and Lori to the farm. Dixie didn't want to go home.

Luke said, "Well, ya'll order. I'll get this round." Everyone ordered a beer except for Dixie who ordered a Coke. Daisy looked to Luke and to everyone surprise he ordered a Coke too.

Daisy asked, "You're not driving the wrecker tonight are you?"

Luke replied, "No, I just dealt with what alcohol can do. I'll settle for a Coke." Luke had another plan in mind and a lot of it needed to be based on improving his image. So, he'd start here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour or so later, Luke looked at BL and gently reminded, "Luther said he wanted ya'll home in a couple hours."

She sighed, "Yeah and told Cooter to get Dixie home by then, but I ain't ready to go home just yet!"

Luke nodded, "Something told me that. I'm feeling pretty bad over everything that happened earlier and was ready to head out. I'll run Dixie home if you want to stay."

BL shrugged, "She goes everywhere else with you. Why not? Then, I can stay awhile longer."

Luke stood up and looked at Bo and Jeb, "Ya'll coming or riding home with Daisy?" He knew the answer before he asked.

They both said, "Riding home with Daisy."

Luke looked to Dixie, "Well, I guess it's you and me, huh?"

Dixie sighed, "Yeah! I get to go home and listen to Lori!"

Luke and Dixie headed to the General Lee.

Luke and Dixie climbed in.. Luke was going to prove how responsible he was by taking young Dixie here home. When he pulled in Dixie was smiling and twirling her hair around.

Lori was on the roof with her guitar playing the song she wrote called,"You Took My Heart Away."

Staring at the moon so blue

Turning all my thoughts to you

I was without hopes or dreams

I tried to dull an inner scream

But you...

Saw me through

Walking on a path of air

See your faces everywhere

As you melt this heart of stone

You take my hand to guide me home

And now...

I'm in love

You took my heart away

When my whole world was gray

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And when it's cold at night

And you sleep by my side

You become the meaning of my life

Living in a world so cold (living in a world so cold)

You are there to warm my soul (you are there to warm my soul)

You came to mend a broken heart

You gave my life a brand new start

And now...

I'm in love

You took my heart away

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And you sleep by my side

Holding your hand

I won't fear tomorrow

Here where we stand

We'll never be alone

You took my heart away

You gave me everything

And a little bit more

And you sleep by my side

You become the meaning

When Lori was through as if she was waking up from a dream she looked down to see Dixie stomp off to the house and Luke softly calling her name,"Lor?? can we uhh...talk ?"

Lori sighed and climbed down to her window and then climbed down looked to Luke.

Luke took a seat on the hood of the General Lee. He took her hand and asked, "So you think I'm the meaning of your life?"

Lori sighed and ran her thumb across his fingers smoothing his skin,"Luke... I think you are.. I mean I gave my self to you that one Halloween and then there was Caitlyn Marie, and Luke, everything wonderful that has happened to me has been with YOU."

Luke closed his eyes. He knew how much hurt he had caused her with his careless actions and irresponsibility. He then looked at her and said, "I was stupid, careless, inmature, irresponsible and mostly I was selfish. I took something from you that was very precious and I took it for my pleasure. That few minutes of pleasure has cost us a year and a half of pain. I expect it will be with us all our life.I am a poor dumb farmboy who likely will not travel more than two hundred miles from here the rest of my life. I'll never go to college. Never travel. And likely won't grow nothing but a bit of corn and vegtables and run a little shine. I'm a dog. You have heard Jesse say that the chances of us boys raising a family are right up there with hog producing beef. And I guess I proved that with our daughter. I am very sorry that you gave yourself to me and I'm sorry I hurt you."

Lori had tears forming in her eyes as she choked up the words,"Luke... you may be a poor dumb farmboy, you may never travel or settle down, or nothing, he-- who knows I may never.... all I am is the Hazzard Whore, all I ever will be.... but Luke if there was any man in this town on this earth that I would have given myself to, it would be you and it always will be... Luke, I know you love Robin and I knew you loved her then, but I also know that deep down you love me, and to know that Luke it means the world to me, God I would've given anything Luke to be Robin, she had you, going steady and all... and then...."

Lori cried and shook her head.

"You are not a whore. This has nothing to do with Robin. Lori, do you think it would for the rest of our lives if we took off and went to Chickomohony right now? Seriously do you think it would work???"

Lori shook her head,"I know it wouldnt Luke.... you love to chase the girls as much as I do the guys but this kills me!!! everytime we run into each other its..i dont know!!! we always spark something and then it just disappears!"

"Then what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You're beating yourself up. You're trying to hang on to something that's not going to happen." He looked her dead in the eye and said, "And, you're trying to prevent me from moving on. Sometimes you date other guys and act like your good, then I smile at someone and you start WWIII. Tell me what to do?"

Lori sobbed and said,"You may be trying to move on but I cant Luke!! I cant!! NO ONE ELSE COMPARES TO YOU!!!! Luke, the only guy Ive ever been with is you!! you hear these rumors, Luke I aint slept with aone of them, well one and that was fer pure spite, Vance! Luke...you never even give us a chance!! I tired to act like Robin and every other girl but It just seemed to not be enough!! What am I supposed to do Luke??? tell me!!! cause apparently im blind and I cant see whats going on!! SO SUE ME FER CARING TOO MUCH ABOUT YOU LUKE!!!! ONCE YOU LOVE SOMEONE THE WAY I DO YOU YOU CANT FORGET THEM AND MOVE PAST THEM!!!" Lori dropped to her knees balling her eyes out.

Luke.................

Luke sorta wished for lightening to strike, a sudden down pour of rain, a hail storm. Anything to get him out of this situation. He hated to see women cry. Lori's tears especially bothered him because he knew he caused them. He got off the car. Seeing Lori cry was getting to him, he was heading towards her to try to comfort her when BL pulled up. He let of a breath of air he hadn't realized he was holding. Someday he would thank BL for her timing.

BL pulled up seeing Luke standing in front of Lori..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the house, Dixie was standing behind a curtain to see what was going on. It was summer she had heard a large amount of what was going on and knew that Luke was trying to move on.

B.L. knew that Luke was trying to move on but did he hafta get her started?? B.L. rolled her eyes and shot Luke a look. She picked Lori up off the ground taking her through the back door. Luke sighed, he had basically proposed to her by telling her to run off to Chickomohony....

Before Lori went in she turned to Luke and with a great sigh and a short breath,"And yes, I know that I was a lucky girl awhile ago, I couldve had the chance to run off with you....but I know it wont work Luke, id love for it to, id like to think it would, and it would if we tried hard enough, but I guess the only thing that links us IS the sex and thats all. Good bye Luke...."

B.L. looked to Lori shocked and whispered to her,"If you love him that much and he wanted to run away with you?? yer stupid!!!!!"

Lori shook her head,"He's tryin to move on B it wouldn't have worked, I don't wanna talk about it no more, I'll have my stuff packed by in the morning, I can't stay here with Luke here... it hurts too much."

B.L. couldn't believe what she was hearing and or seeing, all of Lori's brightness was gone, her perky little smirk she keeps was gone and her eyes weren't as brown.

B.L. shook her head and led her in to her room. Lori, laid on her bed and stared out her window, hearing Dixie's little sighs of happiness was about all she could take. Lori packed her things and waited for them to go to sleep. She walked in Cooter's room and quietly smiled and walked out, she walked to B.L.'s and shook her head smiling. She then walked to Dixie's and sighed,"Hope you have luck with him, yer gonna need it..." Lori softly whispered as she closed the door.

Lori got her stuff and went out to Midnight, when she started it up..Cooter woke up to see her leaving, he saw it fit to go after her but figured it was best to leave her be.

Lori got on the CB and said,"Whiskey Bent here...Taylor ir yer out there...im on my way...."

Lori passed by the Dukes seeing Luke just pull in, she sighed and sped up trying to get out as quick as she could, she was already stupid enough to by pass a chance to marry him!! something Robin wanted to do and he didn't want to commit she wondered if the same offer would be of use later on??

Lori shook her head and sped out of the town, reading the sign that said,"You are nwo leaving Hazzard County.."

Lori shook her head and sped on....

Lori shook her head and sped on she had to get away from here before she lost the nerve to leave. A couple hours later she saw the sign that said 'Welcome to Tennessee' and right on going zooming past it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Cooter was still laying in his bed wide awake thinking about Lori and he hoped she would be able to move on with her life now and wished her all the happiness in the world but somehow he didn't think she'd ever be happy unless she had Luke. B.L,Dixie and Luther slept on peacefully none of them having the slightest idea that Lori was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm......