Springtime Romances and Tragedies

LoriDavenport

Luke looked at Cindy Mae, "Sugar, I need to take care of a couple things. Can I met ya back here later?"

Cindy Mae knew how Luke was and was glad just to spend SOME time with him. "Sure, Luke. I'm here for the evening."

Luke replied, "Great. I hope to be back in an hour or so."

Cindy Mae replied, "I hope so."

Luke said, "Count on it." He kissed her on the cheek as he left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter followed him outside.

Luke turned at looked at him. "I didn't want to hurt her. Cooter I never promised her anything. Ever."

Cooter raised his eyebrows.

Luke held up his hand, "I know. I didn't have to, right?" Luke sighed, "I'm going!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail, Lori was pacing back and forth. She had just let all of Hazzard know she still CARED for Luke Duke! Just because he was drinking a beer with that waitress............

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke headed for the jail.

When he arrived he looked down the stairs and saw Lori pacing, he knew she'd be pissed and he knew he could atleast talk to her with her inbehind bars.

Lori saw him come down and said,"Yea I embarrassed myself bout as bad as I did you, I just let Hazzard County know I still care fer ya, how stupid am I?"

Luke sighed and started to talk but he was rudely interrupted by a sharp voice coming from inside the cell,"Dont even go on with yer whoole ohh my intentions aren't ta hurt ya I don't wanna hurt ya act, cut the crap Luke that sh-- don't work on me no more!"

"Look! I NEVER promised you anything! It was YOUR idea to let me use you. I told you I didn't want to get involved in anything seriously. I was just having a beer with a girl and you cause WW III!" Luke nearly shouted back at her.

Lori rolled her eyes,"SO SUE ME FER CARIN!! YEA SURE IT SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT IDEA AT FIRST BUT HE-- ONCE I WALKED IN THERE AND SAW AN INSTANT REPLY OF ABOUT OF 3 YEARS AGO I LOST IT!!!"

Luke shook his head, "That's why I think it would be better if we just went our own separate ways, Lori. " He said gently. He knew it would go over like a ton of bricks.

Lori had hated to hear those words before, it hit her like a thousand beestings to the heart, i mean really really big bees. Lori stuck her arms out the bars and hung her head. Tears were streaming down her face but she never raised her head to show it.

Luke asked gently,"Lori?"

Lori never spoke, silence fell upon the jail house that day as Lori for once was speechless, at a loss for words.

Luke shook his head and sweetly said,"Goodbye."

Lori walked to the back of the cell in a dark corner and sat there, motionless and speechless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke made his way back to the bar.........

Luke made his way back to the bar but not before giving Rosco the money for her bail. "Rosco, please give it awhile before you release her and don't tell her I posted the bail."

Rosco was just happy to have the money for the bail. He laughed and said, "Ok, say an hour or so?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah. Thanks."

Rosco figured Luke wanted a head start after their conversation, but in truth, he just didn't want her to know he posted the bail, though she'd likely know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pulled up at the Boar's Nest, took a deep breath, plastered on a 'happy' face and enter to see Cindy Mae sipping on a beer talking friendly to the bartender she usually worked with. Luke walked up behind her and said, "Told ya I'd be back." Then, to the bartender he said, "Give us a couple more of those."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later Vance stopped for a beer on his way to the farm. He entered and saw his older cousin nearly 'three sheets to the wind'. He took a table near the back of the bar and watched Luke. He sure hoped Luke didn't intend to drive. He saw Cindy Mae heading to towards the restrooms and stopped her, "He's not driving is he?"

Cindy Mae replied with a smile, "Well, he drove in here a few hours ago, but I've took his keys without him even knowing it about an hour ago. I'm driving when we leave. We're headed over to the 'No Tell Motel, so he likely won't be home tonight." She had waited years to get a chance to go 'out' with any of the Duke boys.

Vance ..............................

Vance rubbed his head and sighed,"Well, just make sure he makes it home safely tomorrow ok?"

Cindy Mae smiled. Vance walked out and looked to Luke who looked like he'd lost a best friend. Vance got in his vehicle and went to go tell Uncle Jesse Luke wasn't gonna be home.

Cindy Mae got Luke and they left for the No Tell Motel...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Rosco let Lori out, Lori looked confused as she stood up and dusted herself off. Rosco wasn't going to tell her who bailed her out but Lori already knew. She shook her head in anger and stormed out. he walked to the garage and got Luther's vehicle as he could come by the Boar's Nest on the way home and two his vehicle back.

Lori got to the Boar's Nest and got Midnight Rider, seeing luke's car not there, she didn't care anymore. She pulled out to go to the Duke's farm.

When she got there she saw Vance going in and she hollered to him,"Hey darlin wait up a mintue I need ya ta do me a favor!"

Vance smiled and stopped,"Anything you name it!"

Lori stopped and got an idea,"Anything huh?"

Vance looked at her slyley,"Yea??"

Lori looked to Midnight and said,"Wanna go fer a ride with me then? say oh, to a motel?"

Vance's eyes lite up,"Lor are you serious?"

Lori nodded and said,"Yea sure am."

They got in and headed for the hotel. Vance of course telling Jesse were he was going(by saying he was going out for the night to stay with one of his friends) and were Luke was.

That next morning though.............

That next morning though, Luke opened his eyes and desparately tried to figure out where he was. When he felt something warm beside him. He looked over and saw Cindy Mae asleep on his arm. A second glance at the room told Luke he was in a cheap hotel. Then, he remembered yesterday evening. He slide out of the bed and as soon as his feet hit the floor his head was spliting wide open. He needed a shower and lots of coffee!

After his shower and getting Cindy Mae up, they headed for Hazzard Diner for coffee. Luke stepped out the door of the room and parked a few cars up from his was Midnight. Luke sighed and plastered his 'happy' face on. He knew exactly what Lori was doing there. Getting even with him, but he didn't know who with.

Luke and Cindy Mae got strange looks from all the early morning customers of the diner. Luke ordered a pot of coffee and whatever Cindy wanted to eat. He just didn't think he could eat this morning.

CIndy Mae said, "I get the feeling everyone in here knows 'what' we did last night."

Luke nodded. He only wished those memories were a bit more clear to himself. "They likely do Honey." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at the motel.................

Meanwhile back at the motel Lori was just waking up feeling incredibly great and yet guilty at the same time, she laid back down and said,"That was great Luke......."

Vance woke up at the mention of his cousin's name,"Who??!"

Lori darted up and said,"SH--!!! IM SOORY VANCE!!!!"

Vance sighed and said,"Even after he used you...."

Lori sighed,"I let him use me..... im awefully sorry Vance."

Vance smiled, heck this was a once in a lifetime offer and hed had the best night of his life. He shook his head and said,"Ehh let's just go home alright?"

Lori nodded.

They got up and left headed towards the farm.

~~~~~~~~~

At the cafe' Luke sighed and said,"Let me take ya home... I need to go home myself."

Cindy Mae nodded and sighed,"Ok honey."

They left.

Luke dropped Cindy Mae off at her house and headed for the farm..when he got there Midnight was still in the driveway. He got out and looked around hearing her giggling and hearing Vance whisper sweet nothings to her, for some odd reason that mad him twist on the inside and hurt him.

Vance led Lori to her car and went in the house Luke cornered her and..........

Luke cornered her and said in a tone so low Lori barely heard him, "Feel better? Even with ME now?"

Lori said, "It wasn't about you Luke."

Luke replied, "Tell yourself that, OK." He paused and said, "I still intend to see other girls. If you want to act like a slut go ahead. Just remember when a man takes a woman home to meet 'Mama' it's not usually one with THAT kind or reputation."

Lori slapped Luke right across the face.

Luke knew he deserved it. He still had her cornered. "Feel better, now?" He looked deep in side her past the front she was putting on.

Lori.........

Lori let one tear slip and looked him right down to the depths of his blue eyes,"Does it look like I feel better?? What was soo wrong with me going out with another guy huh??? I go out with another guy Im called a slut, you go out with another girl and its perfectly ok. Lori tried to climbed in but Luke pinned her to the car and kept her trapped.

Luke held her tight, "I don't make the rules. But, you know da-- good and well that's how other men look at it! I could go out with a different girl everynight for a year and not much be said. You go out with a different guy for a weekend and you'll be a slut. I don't want you to earn a reputation you deep down don't want."

Lori's breath quickened she was nervouse and he could sense it,"How do you know I don't want that kind of reputation?? you don't know nothing about me!"

Luke looked in her eyes again and said gently, "Yes, I do. AND no YOU don't want a bad reputation. I feel guilty for my part in the one you have now."

Lori gritted her teeth,"You should!"

Luke nodded, 'yes', "I know that."

Lori then tried to break free once more from his grip and gave up, Luke leaned his forehead against hers and just moved in close. Lori sighed.

She could see Luther pulling in and Vance and Jesse heading right towrds the two, Luke and Lori instantly moved away from each other throwing their hands up in the air surrendering........

Luther was more than pissed thnking Luke had kept Lori out all night again.

Luke knew the look in his eyes and said, "Now, Luther."

Lori saw the fury in her Uncle's eyes, "Uncle Luther its not....."

Luther grabbed Luke's shirt. Luke swollowed hard expectign to be hit. Luther yelles, "Luke! You kept my niece out all night AGAIN! It's not bad enough you knocked her up ONCE. You are TRYING to do it AGAIN!"

Lori exclaimed, "IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!!!"

Jesse didn't have a clear picture of what was going on either. But, he knew Vance and Lori had beaten Luke to the farm. He placed his arm on Luther's that still held Luke's shirt collar, "Luther, wait a minute. Let's hear them out."

Luke was looking to Vance. He was almost sure Vance wasn't going to face Luther with the fact that it had been him NOT Luke with Lori last night.

For once Lori was keeping quiet. She knew if Luke had been the one she was out with he'd had stood up to Luther.

Vance.........

Vance stepped up and said,"If theres any boy here that you should be jerking on thier shirt collar sir its mine..Lori was out with me last night sir not Luke."

Luther dropped Luke.Lori helped him up dusting him off. Luther glared at them and said,"I don't believe that not one bit, but Im willing to make a bet with ya Luke.."

Luke swallowed hard and said,"What?"

Luther half smirked,"I bet you that you and my niece can't go one month without screwing around with each other."

Luke knew he'd lost that bet right then. "Ok, I bet you we..... can!"

Lori knew Luke'd already lost that bet.

Luke said,"If I win...you have to pay mine and Lori's entry fee for the races for a year."

Luther said,"If I win you stay away from Lori period, now I odnt mean dont talk to her or anything, I mean no sexual encounters..."

Luke swallowed and nodded looking to Lori, this was going to be the longest month of his life.

Luther nodded and shook Luke's hand. Lori sighed and shook her head,"You just sold yer soul to the devil.."

Luke sighed,"I know it."

Lori looked to Luke as she climbed in and sighed pulling out to go to the farm..

Luke..........

Luke thought he was off the hook on a 'technicality' until Luther said, "Luke. I've always trusted the word of a Duke, but this time I want more."

Luke looked at him a bit confused, "Huh?"

Luther who never ran moonshine in his life, said, "I want the word of a moonshiner. AND should you two screw around, I except you to tell me. Thus ending the bet."

Lori had started pulling out but had stopped. She heard the request and gasped.

Jesse shot Luke a warning look.

Luke nodded, took a deep breath and sighed loudly. He looked Luther in the eye, spit in his hand and shook on the bet again. He had not only given his word as a Duke man but as a moonshiner and Luke knew as did Luther and Jesse that all the moonshiners around would be after anyone who went back on the word of a moonshiner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Luther followed Lori down the drive way.

Jesse saw the tension in Luke.

Before Jesse could say anything, Vance said, "Luke I hear cold showers help!!!" And he took off running down the fields.

Luke broke and ran after him.

Jesse had to laugh at the two and HOPE Vance could out run Luke!

Vance rounded around a big rock and ran for the back door running in and locking it. He was out of breath and laughing. Luke wasn't nerey bit too thrilled with the situation.

Lori and Luther pulled in seeing Grandma Davenport beating Cooter and B.L. with ehr cane, Lori knew she was off the hook with her beating and pointed and laughed at the two. She walked in and decided to go to her room, her evening was shot all to he--.

Luke was in his and Bo's room scratching his head in frustration. Luke thought of Lori and instantly fell back on the bed and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word had spread across Hazzard like wildfire. Everyone was watching the two and Luke and Lori could feel all eyes on them, he-- even Rosco was patroling more closely trying to catch them.

Lori got up that morning and went to the tub,the water was icy cold. It helped, some. She got out and dried off, putting on a pink skirt and a low cut white sphagetti strapped tank top and some flip flops. She was dressed to kill. She headed for the Boar's Nest.

Luke was up that morning and had his own cold shower and was out doing his chores and when he was through he decided he'd go to the boar's nest.

AND KILL THE MEN IS WHAT SHE DID! Luke walked in and could smell her perfume a mile away, jasmine with vanilla. He looked across the room and there she sat her long tanned legs crossed and shining. She was flipping her long brown hair from side to side.

Luke.............

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Davenport farm, Dixie was listening in to Luther and Grandma Davenport's conversaton:

Luther: I swear I'll order Loren a medievel chasity belt and keep her locked up!

Grandma D.:that sounds like a good idea, we should do that.

Luthr:ohhh witht the bet Lukas made with me I think its torture enough.

Dixie giggled and ran off to tell B.L.

Luke ordered another beer and painfully watched as Lori teased him and every man in the place. This was day two of thirty. The half witted idea of slapping Rosco and going to jail for the next thirty days crossed Luke's mind, but that would likely only extend the bet another thirty days.

Cindy Mae brought Luke another beer. She saw what Lori was doing to him, "Sugar, I get off in thirty minutes. I heard about the bet and I see what she's doing to you. I can make you feel much better."

Luke remembered parts of a few nights before he smiled, "Yes, you could. But, would you really want to be with me knowing I wanted someone else?"

Cindy Mae said, "Absolutely. I can make you forget all about her and that stupid bet. Finish your beer and think about it, huh?"

Luke did just that. He was thinking about his situation and watching Lori as he drank his beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie ran up to BL and exclaimed, "Dad's gonna get Lori a CHASITY BELT!"

BL gasped and said, "He's WHAT?"

Dixie said, "I heard him and Grandma talking!"

BL .............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke returned home after a few hours with Cindy Mae.

Bo had heard about it as everyone was watching Luke and Lori. He asked Luke, "Ah, so, did it help?"

Luke replied with a sigh, "Temporarily, but it wasn't what I wanted." He headed for the shower.

Bo found himself laughing at his older cousins problems.

Lori got home after noticing Luke come in and also leave with Cindy Mae, she knew she couldn't keep him from going out with other girls and she didn't plan to, but she knew she couldn't be happy til that month was over with... the talk really sunk into her as Luke knew it would. Lori thought,"Anything that was worth getting was worth waiting for."

Lori got up as she had been talking with her friends, and left to go home. She was in a bit**y mood and didn't feel like listenin to no one.

When she got home, that was it.

B.L. laughed at Dixie and when she saw Lori walk through those doors it didn't help none. B.L. looked to Lori and said,"Although its tooo late to save yer virginity, Uncle Luther and Grandma are gettin you a chasity belt."

Luther, as a joke, had searched for one, he had to go to Atlanta to get it but he did, when he showed it to Lori she cussed him a bluestreak.

"UNCLE LUTHER YER AS BOUT AS BRIGHT AS A BURNT OUT LIGHT BULB YOU %%^&^%$,#!@$%,@%!%!%!$@,@!!!#$$,^%#^@,#^@$!!!!!!!!!"

Grandma Davenport's mouth dropped and her hand went to her heart, Dixie, B.L., and Cooter all looked to Lori like she lost her mind. Luther laughed and said,"Is it gettin to ya that bad darlin? I heard that cold showers work wonders not only for men but for women who are a little hot around the collar too."

Lori had enough and she stormed off to her room. She flung herself across her bed and sighed looking out her window.

Dixie came in a started poking fun at her saying..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke got out of the shower and said,"Bo it's just the beginning of this danged bet and I already wanna call it quits."

Bo shook his head and asked,"Why cousin?? is she getting to ya that bad?"

Luke looked to him and told him the exact same thing that he told Uncle Jesse on the porch that night. Bo nodded and said,"And so by breaking things off with her was because you got too attached to her and she was too attached to you?"

Luke smiled, he knew he could count on his cousin,"That's right Bo.... god you saw that night you caught us? now do you see why im so friggin frustrated?"

Bo remembered and his eyes got big, he let out a lowww whistle and said,"Yea cousin,I see whatcha mean bout that...I wonder if her couisns, sides Cooter, looks like that?"

Luke chuckled at his cousin's thought,"I dont know you seem fond of Dixie."

Bo smirked,"Well now she is developing."

Luke laughed and patted his back,"Thanks cousin...fer always being there."

Bo patted his back and said,"Don't mention it Casa Nova..."

Luke chuckled and said,"Oh contray cousin, I believe that's you."

Bo and Luke got up and headed out the door.

Vance...............

Grandma Davenport

Grandma Davenport unknown to Lori or Luther was dead serious about putting Lori in a mideval chastity belt. She may not be able to save Lori's virginity but she could at least keep her from being referred to as a 'woman of the night' and heading down that particular road and getting paid for her 'services'. B.L has finally stopped laughing when Lori had went to her room but hearing Dixie poking fun at Lori didn't help she was muffling laughs in her pillow. She had to help Lori out of this perdicament before Grandma D decided it was a good idea to put her and possibly Dixie in a chastity belt too.....

B.L. walked in to Lori's room and said,"Little word of advice, Grandma comes near ya...run like he--!"

Lori was stretched out on her bed, reading a horse magazine when she looked up to B.L. looking confused,"Why???"

B.L. sighed and said,"Grandma was being dead serious bout putting you in a chasity belt!!! She knows that me an you should try and set GOOD examples for Dixie..."

Lori thought and got an idea,"Hey B! Dix got us in this mess in the first place, why not have the belt put on her??"

B.L. snickered and said,"Why Loren Davenport!!! that's the most bad thing I've ever heard you say.......sides the cussin and vampin you threw at Uncle Luther."

Lori smirked and saw Dixie walk by making fun of her again,"GRANDMA!!!!!! GRANDMA!!!!"

Lori hollered, she got up and dashed into Dixie's room holding dragging her out, B.L. helped her. Lori drug her into the living room and exclaimed,"iF ANYONE SHOULD HAVE THE CHASITY BELT IT SHOULD BE DIXIE!!!! SHE TRIED TO MESS AROUND WITH A FELLER NOT TOO LONG AGO! AND SHE GOT DRUNK TOO!!!!"

Grandma Davenport looked dazzled and astounded as Dixie struggled saying,"It ain't true don't believe her!!!"

Grandma Davenport picked the belt up and drug Dixie too the bathroom. Lori and B.L. fell over laughing as their grandmother said,"Well I might be able to save ONE girl!!"

Dixie was screaming and kicking as Lori and B.L. held the bathroom door shut so grandma could put the belt on her!

When she was done, Dixie came out with fire in her eyes and her fist clenched, her nose flared. Lori squalled out,"RUN B!! RUN FER YER LIFE!!"

B.L. and Lori flew through the house and jumped over the banister of the porch, Luther seeing Dixie come out and throwing rocks at them. B.L. and Lori flew out of the driveway and down towards town or the Duke farm... either way they was getting the heck outta dodge!!!

Lori got on the CB and said,"This here's Whiskey Bent, B I thank we almost got it back there!!!"

B.L. was laughing,"Ya know somethin' cousin, I think that's been the best idear you've ever thought of!"

Lori smiled and shook her head,"Purty danged evil, but it'll teach her!!"

B.L. nodded and said,"Ya got that right!"

Luke and Bo were outside when they saw B.L. and Lori whip by, they got on their CB and said,"Lost sheep to Sweet talker and Whiskey Bnet, whats wrong ya'll ya runnin like ole' Lucipher himself's ater ya!!"

Lori got on and said,"Well not him but her!!! we'll tell ya all about it"

B.L. and Lori turned around and went to the farm.

Lori got out and smiled to Luke, Luke sighed and thought, lord why does she have to make it soo hard on me!

Bo looked to B.L. and noticed just how pretty she actually looked.

Lori smiled to them and said,"Well let's just say...Dixie's virginity WILL be saved, it was either her or me and I aint puttin no scrap piece oo' iron down there!!"

Luke and Bo fell over laughing.

Bo looked to B.L. and Lori and said,"Why don't ya'll join us at the Boar's Nest for a couple of beers."

Lori looked to Luke as he was squirming around. Lori got an evil idea and said,"We'd love too."

B.L. looked to Luke who groaned in frustration and smirked,"Well what are we waiting for?"

Luke...........

Luke sighed and replied, "Not much. Let's go. What do ya'll say to leavin' Midnight and the Judge here and we'll take my car. No sense takin' all three." He winked at Lori.

Lori knew where this was going. Bo would be elected to drive home after they had snuck him a beer or two early on so the rest could drink as much as they liked.

Bo knew he was being 'used' but would rather drive than ALMOST anything.

Lori nudged BL and said, "Fine by me."

BL said, "Yeah, sure." She knew those two were up to something but hadn't figured out what just yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as they pulled up to the Boar's Nest Lori glared at Luke and said, "If she opens her mouth one time I'll knock her out!"

Luke replied without thinking, "She's at WORK she has to be professional!!!"

Lori hissed, "ITS THE BOARS NEST!! NO ONE IS PROFFESSIONAL!"

Luke shook his head.

Bo said, "She's got ya there Luke!"

"Thanks a lot Bo." Luke said with a shove towards the door.

Inside, Luke ordered a round of beers and a coke for Bo. Of course Bo knew Luke would be sliding his beer over to him when he was sure Rosco wasn't around. They had gotten good at this.

Cindy Mae smiled at Luke and Bo when she brought the drinks over, but remained business like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day had been hot so even though the beer was a bit watered down it was cold. The band was good and though Luke was a bit uncomfortable he was having a good time. He asked Lori to dance a slow dance with him.

Lori in the middle of the dance started blowing in his ear and nibbling his neck.

Luke whispered in her ear, "I AM dying HERE."

Lori just smiled and occasionally blew in his ear until the song was over.

Back at the table Luke was setting in the back corner with Lori beside him.

After another round of drinks were ordered Luke felt a wandering hand. He quickly reached down to stop the hand. He knew in the poor lighting no one but him and Lori knew what was going on. He leaned in close to her and asked, "What are you doing?"

Lori whispered back, "Just checking. You are dying aren't you?"

Luke gritted his teeth, "You just don't know, Honey." He finished another beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenports, Dixie was talking to her grandmother and pleading her case. "Grandma you know how they have always lied on me. I haven't thought about doing half what those two have been caught at. You have always taught me to be a lady. I intend to wait until my wedding night until I give myself to ANYONE. Lori was CAUGHT in the press box fooling around. And I've heard a lot on BL too! Grandma, Lori and Luke Duke have a child buried next to Lori's mother."

Her grandmother thought for a long while before she spoke. "I have dealt with wayward young girls in this family for years. Come here dear, but so help me I hear anything about ANY of you three I'll fix you all!" She removed the chasity belt from Dixie.

Dixie knew she meant what she had said too, but she be da--ed if she'd tell BL and Lori. Dixie decided to go for a ride to see what she could find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was very late whe Bo pulled back at the farm with a very drunk Luke, Lori and BL............

It was very late whe Bo pulled back at the farm with a very drunk Luke, Lori and BL, Lori was laughing at nothing, Luke was letting his own hands wander in the back seat.

He looked to Lori and smirked saying,"I aint the only one thats been dying I see.."

Lori sighed and laid back in the seat, she giggled and laughed again. Bo shook his head and said,"Luke....drunk or not you made a bet, and ya can't go back on yer word!! not less you dont wanna see Lori again!!"

B.L. was up in the front seat with her head out the winodw howling. Bo muttered to himself,"Ohh lord help me."

Bo looked around and saw Dixie pull up in behind him, thank god Luke would be saved from the torture Lori was putting him in.

When Bo helped the two staggering Davenports out, Lori laughed and smacked Luke on the rear-end for she left, Dixie was embarrassed to be seen with them no doubt but she'd have fun!

Luke smiled to Lori as Bo was pushing him in the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Dixie drug B.L and Lori in. Grandma was in the bed, Lori come through the house going,"OHHHH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!"

B.L joined in and sang the rest of the song with her as loud as they could. Cooter got up and went in and said,"Who let the dying cats in here?"

Dixie sighed and said,"Help me get them to bed please?"

Cooter nodded slinging Lori over his shoulder.Lori not knowing whether she was coming or going giggled and slurred,"Myyyy whattt ssssstrong armss you have there sssssiiirrr!!!"

Cooter sighed and took her to her bedroom and shut her door on her. B.L going to hers and laughing all the way there. Grandma wasn't asleep she knew the girls went somewheres and she intended to know in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke meanwhile though.........

Lori and B.L kept right on singing their bedrooms was right next to each other so they was singing a "I've got friends in low places" through the wall one singing a verse then the other then they'd join in together on the chorus.

"WELL I'VE GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES WHERE THE WHISKEY DROWNS AND THE BEER CHASES MY BLUUUES AWAYYYYY!!!!"

Grandma D had had enough of this caterwallin especially this particular song which she didn't approve of. Not only did she not like the fact the girls wore jeans and t-shirts but she thought it was just absolutely dreadful that they went to the Boar's Nest. Going into Lori's room first then B.L's she dragged them out of their beds by their ear and to the bathroom then put them both under the cold shower that sobered them up real quick and they both screeched.

"GRANDMAAAAA!!!"

Cooter had managed to get to sleep somehow from all the caterwallin' but when the two screeched from the bathroom right next to his room he jumped and fell out of bed, scrambling to his feet he ran down the hall to see if the old woman was killing them.

Dixie meanwhile was hid around the corner laughing her head off.......

Dixie meanwhile was hid around the corner laughing her head off. She reached out and grabbed Cooter, "No, don't! They are drunk as skunks! I brought them home and TOLD them to hush!"

Cooter sighed and .................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke meanwhile though decided a cold shower was his ONLY hope of temporary relief tonight. He headed for the shower.

Bo was awake when Luke came in the room and said, "Luke if you intend to even give this bet afair try, don't ya think it would be easier on you to stay away from Lori?"

Luke turned and looked at Bo and...................

Cooter sighed and went back to bed. Dixie snuck back to her room laughing.

Lori and B.L. wentr to their rooms and covered up, they were quiet fer the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Bo and said,"Yea yer right couisn..I should stay away from her..I can't though, One its like im drawn to her like moth to a bright light and two, its a small county, ill eventually run into her everyday of this da--ed bet!!"

Bo sighed and said,"Whatever yo say cousin.."

They went to bed..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning Lori and B.L. woke up and headed drug Dixie outta her bed.

"ALRIGHT!!! YOU GOT US IN THIS MESS NOW YOU TAKE US TO THE DUKE FARM TO GET OUR CARS!!!"

Dixie looked to the two and smirked, she'd take them, but Lori might not make it out the front door without grandma cornering her.

Lori peeped her head out, seeing no sign of Cooter, Luther, or Grandma.they must be in town..

Lori stepped out of the door and flew down the hall way.

They made it outside and Dixie got in, the other two getting in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the farm Luke and Bo were outside working, when they saw Lori, Dixie, and B.L pull up.

Lori got out and was cussing Dixie for everything she was worth, B.L.'s head was hurting so she was cussin everyone else around her out..

Luke looked to Bo and shook his head....

Luke looked to Bo and shook his head it seemed these three girls couldn't go five minutes without fighting. Lori went over to Luke and rubbed against his side blowing in his ear again making him shiver and rub the blown sensation from his ear if she kept that up he didn't think he could hold to the bet. Bo was trying to get B.L's attention with no luck she wasn't having any of it to her he was just a 'kid'.

To BL, Bo may be a kid, but to Dixie he was a mighty fine specimen of Duke bones, but she sure would like to be in Lori's place but she'd never tell anyone that!

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Davenport girls got thier cars and Lori tried t talk Luke into going to the barn.

Luke sighed, "Lori, look I ma do a lot BUT I refuse to go back on MY word, let alone deal with all the ridgerunners around here if I break the word of a ridgerunner. YOU of all people should understand THAT!" Luke almost begged her to stop trying to MAKE him break his word .....................

Lori..........................

Lori giggled and laid her head on Luke's shoulder. Lori saw the look in Dixie's eyes, towards Bo..Lori popped an idea.

"Hey hot stuff..... why dont you and Bo come stay all night with Cooter? he'd like some company sides us three all the time, our grandma is there but she may not member you though from the last visit she made...so you'd be safe enough and Luther knows you wouldn't purposely sneak in my room."

Bo was motioning for Luke to say NO, but there was no talking to Luke.

Luke nodded and said, "You know Bo the chores are caught up and it has bee a looonggggg time since we stayed with old Cooter!"

Bo sighed. This couldn't be good!

Lori giggled and ran her fingers across Luke's chest she went and talked to Dixie,"Hey cousin, guess whos staying with us? well Cooter?"

Dixie got all excited, she had both men in under one roof! woo!!

Lori climbed in and sped off racing B.L. and Dixie.

When she got there, grandma Davenport and Cooter were in the living room.

Lori looked to Cooter and said,"Well cousin ya aint alone tonight!! BO and Luke are comin to stay!"

Cooter let out a yell and a sigh. Grandma Davenport reached for the chasity belt and shook ti in the air,"I aint nerey bit afraid to use it on ya'll either!"

Lori squealed and ran to her room. She knew she couldn't sneak Luke in her bed none, let along her room... but she was just excied that they go tot stay.

Lori called Luther and asked him, Luhter agreed,,it gave him the perfect chance to see exactly if Luke would win or lose the bet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the farm Luke and Bo were talking to Uncle Jesse bout it,"Uncle Jesse...I promise that nothing will happen between us...Luther and her grandma will be there."

Luke pleaded, Uncle Jesse finally gave in, hoping they'd behave themselves.

Luke for once bypassed the Boar's nest and sped on to the Davenport's farm.

When they arrived Cooter saw them and went out to greet them,"Howdy ya'll great thing ya'lls staying with me I cant handle no more of that derned song Friends in Low Places from B.L. and Lori!"

Luke and Bo laughed and walked in. Grandma Davenport was reclining in a chair on the porch she smiled to the boys, she'd have her fun with them later, they'd talk.

Luke walked in and heard Lori's stereo first thing, playing some Hank Williams Jr. or Lynryd Skynryd. Lori was singing away in her room, unaware of their arrival.

B.L. was knocking on Lori's wall telling her to turn the racket down.Dixie just walked out and saw the two....

Dixie just walked out and saw the two she was as excited as Lori about having them both there tonight. B.L wasn't getting a response with her knocking so now she was beating on the wall with her tennis shoe yelling

"LOREN TURN THAT DOWN OR I'M GONNA TURN IT DOWN FER YA!!!!"

Grandma D raised up it sounded like them girls was bustin' the house down she started to go up the stairs and give them a piece of her cane when all the sudden Lori came tumbling down the stairs where B.L had thrown her down knocking poor ole Grandma off her feet.

Lori jumped to her feet and and ran up the stairs screaming like a banshee

"BL I'LL KILL YOU"

B.L laughed and said "Catch me first" then slid down the banister nearly giving grandma a coronary at the less than lady like behavior.