Thanksgiving Day Delight

LoriDavenport

Lori had had about enough, she got her shirt back on without caring everyone looking at her and headed for Robin's direction seeing the look on Luke's face as Lori turned Robin around and had her to the ground beating her for all she was worth. Luke had managed to pull Lori off and had her up against the wall, Lori struggling to get away. Lori finally gave up, seeing Robin still on the ground and shot everyone out there a look of disgust, lookin gdirectly to Luke,"Ya aint worth it, none of ya are....."

Luke had knew what she meant and knew he had to talk to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori walked back in to see B.L. laughing her head off, Dixie looking at Lori like she was going to kill her and Cooter shaking his head.

~~~~~~~~~~

After the dance was over and Lori had gotten her jacket on and was headed out the door she could see Luke watching her, Lori smirked and strutted off. Luke shook his head. He got Robin and they drove home. Robin managed to sneek in without her parents noticing her and they went to the bathroom to get cleaned up. Once they gto finished Luke sat on her bed as Robin nibbled down his neck. Luke was all into it and they fell back on the bed. But something told Luke that he just can't do it.. Luke..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile was in Midnight driving home after all was said and done. When she arrived B.L., Cooter, and Dixie all went in and cleaned up same as her, but they went to bed, Lori however.. stayed out on the porch and thought long and hard on things.......

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke was really hot and bothered as he took off Robin's gown. He layed down beside her and he heard in his mind saying, 'she was pregnant!!!!!! she had a miscarriage for god's sakes!!!' It was like some threw a bucket of cold water on Luke.

Robin looked at him strangely as he backed away from her. Breathing hard her own self she asked, "Luke what's wrong?"

Luke sat up a bit and took Robin in his arms and said, "You know how long I've waited to be right here doing exactly this?"

Robin nodded, "Yeah, remember I've been waiting too."

"I know, Darlin' but I don't think I can right now." Luke said.

Robin looked at him even more confused.

Luke continued, "I can't take the chance right now of you getting pregnant and maybe having a miscarriage. I got to know what happened and why."

Robin knew what he was talking about. She knew he'd go talk to Lori. She didn't like it, but knew he had to. She nodded, "Luke I may not like it, but I understand it. If you have togo talk to her," she paused and then whispered trying to keep her tears from falling, "Then, go. Just come back?"

Luke smiled weakly, "I'm sorry, but yeah I need to find out and you can count on me coming back. Honey everyone has been on my case so much that I haven't even had a chance to deal with the fact that I had a child and its gone."

Robin nodded. "I know. That's why I'm trying to give you your space here."

Luke kissed her got dressed.

Robin heard him pull out the gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke drove toward the Davenport farm......

Luke drove toward the Davenport farm shaking his head. God he hoped Lori would be outside and ready.

Lori saw the headlights pull up and stepped off the porch hands on hips.

Luke stopped and climbed out looking to Lori.

"We need to talk Lor...bout the...you know."

Lori sighed,"What's there to talk about Luke? I had a miscarriage, Vance was there for me you wasn't....all you do is use me you lust after me.."

Lori stopped and sighed,"Which....doesnt bother me... he-- I love being a science experiment basically, its pretty da-- excitin.

Luke sighed, "You know it's not like that. I have always loved you, Lori, I'm just not ready for anything serious. But, HAD you given me the opportunity to have been there for you I would have been."

Lori shook her head,"No you wouldn't have, you would've been there for Robin..you may love me as a sister but not anything else, I can't help it though Luke, Ilove you more than life itself."

Luke smiled to her and said,"Aint that what matters most baby?"

He caught himself calling her baby, he knew he was asking for trouble, but he couldnt help it.

Lori smiled and sighed,"When you love someone..I guess."

Luke sighed and took her hand walking with her out to the barn. Lori smiled and looked to Luke,"You know you shouldn't be here... especially doing this, walking and holding my hand."

Luke smiled a little and replied, "It's not the first time I've done something I shouldn't."

Lori giggled and squeezed his hand, remembering his soft skin.

Luke sighed and said,"Did you know if it was a boy or girl?"

Lori sighed and spoke kindly,"It was a baby girl.."

Luke got reallly quiet and stopped at the barn door, looking to Lori she could see the formations of a tear streaming down his face. Lori took Luke in her arms once more, Luke taking her and they cried together. Lori led Luke to the loft setting on a blanket she always kept up there and they laid together with one another grieving.

Lori looked to Luke and Luke looked to Lori, both meeting eye to eye like they were lovers once more.

Luke.............

Luke knew he should leave now, but he didn't want to.

Lori knew what he was thinking and asked, "Make love to me Luke.... Just once more....."

Luke knew he should have left five minutes ago! But, he hadn't, and now he knew he wouldn't. He brushed Lori's hair back as she was unsnapping his shirt. Nope he wasn't leaving as he hands moved lower. But, he was thnking as he reached for his wallet. He'd at lest make da-- sure they didn't loose or make another child.....

Lori smiled to Luke and groaned rather loudly in frustration as Luke had ripped her bra off and they rolled around in the hay once more, for old times sake.

Hours Later Luke lay panting with Lori beside him,"Lori, sweetheart I gotta go back t' Robins... "

Lori sighed and looked to Luke and kissed him pasionaltey one more time.

Lori then watched him as he left,"Remember me Luke?"

Luke chuckled softly,"How can anyone forget?"

Lori blushed and laughed.

Luke headed back towards Robin's.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When he arrived.......

When he arrived, Robin was the only one up. She met him at the door. Luke saw she was shaking like a leaf and had been crying. Luke took her in his arms and they walked back into the house towards Robin's room. They held each other until morning. Luke didn't sleep. He layed looking at what he had and thought about what he'd given up and lost to have it. They hadn't talked that night after Luke got back.

As Robin opened her eyes the next morning, she saw Luke still awake. She asked, "Find out what you needed to?"

Luke nodded and whispered, "Yeah. I did. Will you go with me in a bit?"

Robin looked at him and asked, "Yeah but, where?"

Luke choked as he said, "A private cemetary. Where Lori's mother is buried."

Robin noted that he hadn't said the baby, but she figured they would be visiting a very small grave today. She whispered, "Yes. I'll go with you."

Luke knew he should go to the farm and do the morning chores, but right now he had something more important to do. He and Robin got dressed and headed out almost just past dawn. Luke parked just outside the small wooden fence. He helped Robin over and they made there way through the generations of Davenports that had been layed to rest here. Luke had only been here a couple of times so it took him a few minutes to find what he was looking for. He knew as soon as he saw the tiny fairly new grave with a marker that read, 'Caitlyn Marie Duke'. When Luke saw the name, the reality of the loss of his child hit him like a ton of bricks.

Robin caught him when Luke's knees gave out on him.

They held each other for a long while before Luke finally said his goodbyes and they headed back home.

Unseen by Luke and Robin, parked on a hill over looking the cemetary was Midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke dropped Robin off and headed home. He was in deep with Jesse and knew it. He also had something to square with Vance. Luke pulled in easy and walked in quietly. He knew Jesse was up and he hoped Vance was up too. Jesse was at the stove. Vance was on the couch in the living room when Luke entered from the porch to the living room. Luke pulled out his wallet, took a hundred dollar bill out that he'd been saving for Christmas, and walked over to Vance.

Vance looked up at Luke. This was the closest Luke had been to him in months.

Luke held out the hundred dollar bill and said, "This is yours. Thank you for giving it to Lori when she needed it AND thank you for being there for her when she didn't want me there."

Vance ...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the kitchen, Jesse saw and heard what Luke had said. Everything that he had planned to say to Luke when he got home was suddenly put on a back burner.

Vance stood up and pushed the money back,"No couisn...I can't do that.. consider it a favor."

With that Vance hugged Luke, held him close, Luke shed more tears than a month of sundays.

Uncle Jesse walked in and patted him on the back hugging him from behing, everyone in the house heard his crying and got up to see Luke crying like a whipped baby. They all moved close to Luke and held to him and Vance.

~~~~~~~~

Lori came and visited her mother there everyday that she could. Lori drove down slowly and walked through the graves, seeing her great-grandparents, her grandparents, and her mother and child side-by-side. Lori hit on her knees shaking her head with tears speaking to her mother,"Momma..I love you, I don't know were I went wrong Momma I tried!! I tried the best I could I didn't know how to deal with this...you always said you hoped it was that sweet Luke Duke that I settled down with...well momma I love him...I tried, and me and him created the bundle of joy that lays beside you...Momma please..help me and Luke through this....."

Lori then looked to the small infants grave and laid a rose across it saying,"Baby...I might not have been able to take care of you sweetheart, but Momma loves you... with every breath in me.."

Lori got up and walked to Midnight and left. When she got home Luther saw her crying and took her in his arms.

B.L. and Cooter was asleep Dixie was up and moved with Luther to Lori saying......

Luke straightened himself up and told Vance, "No, take it. It's more the principal of the thing than the money. Everyone seems to think I'd not live up to my responsibilities. Please, give me this. Let me do the only thing I can do for my daughter." Luke paused and whispered. "For Caitlyn Marie."

Vance suddenly knew he had actually talked to Lori to have know this information. He looked up and saw the look on Jesse's face.

Jesse nodded for him to take the money from Luke. Jesse saw Luke was trying to do the only thing he could do which was repay Vance for what he would later learn, was the baby's funeral expenses. Jesse saw Luke trying to bridge teh gap between himself and Vance and to take responsibility for his actions. Jesse only hoped he'd act more responsible in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie said, "Lori, I'm a good listener."

Lori....

Lori looked to Dixie and said,"Im glad you are sis.."

Dixie looked to Lori and smiled,Lori had never called her sis before.

Lori and Dixie went in to Lori's room and she sat down looking to Dixie.

"Dix... I had a misscarriage...with Luke, and I went to visit her today. Her name was Caitlyn Marie Duke...And I saw Luke and Robin there...It actually means that he does care Dixie... and all this time Vance was trying to make him see that. Dixie theres something else that I trust you with... me and Luke, well we uh..."

Dixie's eyes got big,"You didnt??"

Lori said well e didnt have sex we made love. Dixie looked to Lori confused Lori smiled through teary eyes and said,"Theres a difference that you'll learn later sweetie."

Dixie nodded and said,"As much as I want to tell Robin becuause you shouldn't have done that.... I wont."

Lori hugged Dixie tightly and cried more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the farm Luke went to do his chores, Vance would repay him the money back somehow.

Luke had pretty much kept to himself the last few days as Christmas was fast approaching. Times and shine were good and he had had the money to buy for everyone even though he'd given Vance the hundred dollars. It was Saturday and he was telling everyone he was going to help Cooter at the garage, truth be known he was going Christmas shopping. He knew what Robin wanted but with everything that had happened with Lori he just didn't see giving Robin the enagement ring she wanted. He drove out of Hazzard and found several more charms for her bracelet and a pair of dress boots he knew she wanted. While looking at the charms Luke found another one he decided to buy. It was an angel charm. He had the following engraved on it, "Caitlyn Marie Duke, Nov. 10, ????" Luke had that charm gift wrapped in a separate box. He then shopped for the rest of his family.

Lori meanwhile was out and about shopping as well. She spotted Luke and smiled to herself.

Lori walked over and bought the usual for her family. She always bought something for Uncle Jesse, he was her father for a many of a year. Lori and the others always exchanged gifts at the Dukes' it had been a tradition of many years.

Lori always made her way to the florists shop to buy a boquet of flowers for her mother, this year she had to buy an extra one as well. When Lori saw the small daisies she let a tear slip and bought them.

Lori drove over to the garage and got out. Taking the flowers and things to let Luther see, all except for his gift.

Lori then proceeded to go to the church as she was still suposedly in the choir and she was to be singing in the christmas play.

When she got there she saw Robin and rolled her eyes turning back around. She honestly could not stand her or the ground she walked on.

Lori went home and began to do chores.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke made it back home without anyone asking him what he got or so and he hid the presents in his closet....

Early Christmas Eve, Luke placed his wrapped gifts under the tree. He also placed the tiny box for Lori from 'Santa Claus' under the tree. He figured Lori would be there sometimes tonight. He placed under the tree his gifts for Robin who would be by also. He had gotten her several charms for her charm bracelet and a pair of boots she had been admiring. He knew she really wanted him to give her an engagement ring or at least a friendship ring. Luke knew how girls were and knew he'd better be da-- sure before he gave a ring to anyone.

Daisy asked, "Luke you got the wagon loaded for the hay ride?"

Luke nodded thinking of Christmas's passed, "Yeah, it's all ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was glad to be spending Christmas at the Dukes instead of in the big city wth her Mother. "Ya'll ready YET?" she compained.

Lori was already out the door and gone she had to get to the farm to give Uncle Jesse his gift.

When she arrived, Bo and the others were getting the wagon for the hay ride ready. Lori waved to them as she had her horse out in the barn, everyone knew she rode solo on Christmas. Lori walked in seeing Luke and Jesse in the house, Lori smiled and softly spoke,"Knock knock..any Dukes home??"

Luke got up and smiled seeing her. He looked to her, she was in a pari of cordroys, a pink velvet sweater, and a long brown coat, furlined. her hair was in a ponytail and her bangs hund freely. Her cheeks were rosey red from the coldness outside.. Luke and her were hanging decorations up when they met in the middle of the walkway to the living room were they always hung the mistle toe, Luke looked up and said,"Well well lookie here... mr. mistle toe"

Lori giggled and looked at him,"I wont tell if you wont."

Luke laughed and bent down and kissed her, he kissed her sooo long when they had to pull back from the kiss and take a breath.

Lori let out a sigh and said,"That kiss was a little longer than expected."

Luke just raised an eyebrow, smiled, and said, "Maybe." or "Was it?"

Lori looked to Luke and shook her head,"Sometimes I just can't figure you out Lukas..."

Luke replied, "I'm not that complicated -- just a simple farm boy."

Lori fell over laughing and looked to him smiling. He looked at her and said,"Well!! I am!"

Lori just walked in the living room and looked to the tree and placed her gift next to the one that had her name on it.

Luke knew she had found it and looked to see if anyone was coming he then proceeded to go out and help with the wagon.

Lori opened the present and instantly knew the handwriting, when she saw the charm she cried. She went to her knees and cried.

Luke could hear her from outside, but seeing as Robin was pulling up..He didn't know which way to go.

So he..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie and the others arrived in behind her they all smeeled the food and saw the hay being loaded they knew it was that perfect time of the year.

Dixie went to Lori and asked, "What?"

Lori showed her the charm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke had seen Robin pull up and seen Dixie head to Lori, so he kept Robin outside for a few minutes by telling he how much he hoped she likeher gifts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone else arrived and now it was time to open the presents.........

One of the first was the one from Robin to Luke. She had gotten him a racing helmet and fire proof suit. If he insisted on racing she would at least make sure he was as safe as possible...........

Dixie felt like crying herself,"Its beautiful Lor..."

Lori nodded wiping her tears away she stood up and saw Robin outside and hollered,"GREEEAT!!"

Robin sighed and looked to Lori. hoping to have buried the hatchet tween the two. Lori wasn't about to let her ruin her Christmas she nodded and smiled towards Robin and walked to the barn tacking up Trigger. She looked to Uncle Jesse and said,"Yer gift and everyone else's is in under a tree I gotta go somewheres..."

Lori looked at the charm in her pocket and smiled looking to Luke. She then proceeded to go to the graveyard to place the flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone else was inside taking their gifts apart, Luke sighed when he saw the look on Robin's face, he knew she didn't like what she got and he knew she expected the ring. He just wasn't ready for that.

Lori was on her way back home whenshe bout ran smack dab into the wagon, She turned it around riding up beside of them singing christmas carols, Luke looked to her that was one thing that Lori had that Robin didnt, a beautful voice.

Luke.......

Lori saw a log beside the road and decided to jump it when she did she hit the highest note shes ever hit and Luke laughed saying,'I cant get that high!"

Lori laughed and said,"I cant either thats the problem!"

Luke and Lori turned the wagon around, Lori turning Trigger around having a race back home.

Lori pulled Trigger in and skidded him to a hault. She turned to see Luke slowly coming in behind laughing. Robin and Dixie both were shooting looks to Lori. She swallowed hard and sighed.

As the night grew colder and everyone was going home, Lori was out on the porch leaning against the banister watching Luke and Robin make kissy faces, she laughed and sighed walking out towards Midnight Rider.

Luke watched Robin leave and walke dover to Lori and smiled, Lori pulled the charm out and read it aloud and then spoke with kindest words,"Thanks Santa.."

Luke smiled and sighed,"Much obliged darlin.."

Lori sighed and said,"Im gonna miss ya Luke.... write to me?"

Lori handed him her basic trainings adress and smiled saying,"Please don't forget bout me.."

Luke smiled and said,"I won't and you know it."

Lori nodded and kissed his cheek getting in and pulling away.

Luke was releived in a way that she was going, but he was sad all the more deep down it hurt him--bad.

He turned and walked in the house...

That my friends concludes this semester of fun for the Dukes and Davenports! Will Robin finally get what she wants from Luke?? Will Lori still feel the same wau for Luke when she returns?? who knows? ya'll take care now!