Thanksgiving Day Delight

LoriDavenport

Luke did a double take seeing Dixie get out of Midnight. For the first time Luke noticed now much Dixie was growing up. He was over to her in an instant. "Does Lori know you have Midnight?"

Dixie smiled weakly. Any other time she would be beaming. She held up Lori's key ring, "Yeah, she had me take her to the bus stop so I could bring Midnight home."

Luke sighed, "So she's gone?"

Dixie replied, "Yeah, she's gone."

Luke sighed. Then, he thought about earlier, "Did BL call Robin?"

Dixie looked at him and replied, "I don't know. I take Robin knows you kissed Lori."

Luke huffed, "Well, she knows something. She's not talking to me right now."

Dixie asked, "Luke where is your car?"

"At Robin's. I was going to go over there last night but I sorta got drug out of he Boar's Nest by Jesse. That probably didn't go over real well with her either." Luke said with a sigh.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie nodded and said,"I did hear B.L. talk to someone on the phone so it could've been Robin."

Luke nodded and shook his head,"You honeslty think Lori will write to me?"

Dixie sighed and said,"Want the truth??"

Luke nodded and said in ahuff,"Probably not, but ok."

Dixie replied,"T' be quite honest, I don't think she will, she knows you may love her but she wont believe you....she knows how much Robin means to you and her writing to you would only caue problems."

Luke nodded and went back to work. Dixie sighed ad climbed back in going home. Everyone looked to Dixie as she held the keys,"She's gone guys."

It was like as if Lori had died, B.L. stayed outta trouble now, all of them did, it was real quiet too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin had enough courage to drive Luke's car home to him, she looked to him and began to cry, Luke.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori, meanwhile was at basic training, it was everything she'd imagined...discipline and hard work. As soon as she stepped off the bus she knew she wasn't in Hazzard County anymore....

Luke took Robin in his arms and said, "I was telling her goodbye. That's all I swear."

Robin looked up with tears in her eyes, "I know now. I talked to Mark. I just don't take it real well to get a phone call telling me my boyfriend is out of court and kissing another girl. You didn't even call me to tell me about court."

Luke nodded, "As soon as I walked in the door I did call you. Mark was just getting in himself so you know I wasn't at Cooter's long. Jesse only risked it for a minute so he could tell Lori goodbye. I was riding with him cause as you know my car was at your house." He felt that it was safe enough to kiss her without getting slapped, he leaned down to kiss her, then said, "By the way thanks for bringing the car home."

Robin smiled and handed him the keys,"Sides, were DID Lori go to?"

Luke sighed and said,"Well the Marines.. shes been planning this from the start and wouldn't talk to no one about it."

Robin nodded as David had followed in behind her so he could take her home. Robin left, Luke looking down at the ground for an awefully long time, thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was already getting into the groove of things real quick. She'd get yelled at and demanded to do things she thought sometimes was physically impossible!

But at the far end of the field, Lori could see Billy Ray... he'd left Hazzard and her in a hot and bothering way... she didn't know if she could take it being here with him or not.

Luke had watched Robin leave and knew he had been very lucky that she wasn't more mad at him. He had really wished she had not had David follow her. If she didn't come over at least some it was going to be a long five weeks. He had looked forward to being with her last night and thanks to Lori that had went right out the window. Now, here he was stuck at home for a whole five weeks. Luke bagan thinking that Judge Hardcastle and Jesse Duke had a lot in common. They could both be very evil when they wanted to be, but he figured fives weeks would go by a lot quicker than fifteen months. He then started wondering about what Lori was doing right now. He sure hoped her drill Sgt. could handle her. He began laughing at the thought.

He walked up on the porch to see Vance looking at him. Vance asked, "Happy now?"

Luke looked at him and said, "What?"

Vance replied, "Well, Lori's gone. You got Robin. Figured you should be happy."

Luke..........

Luke looked bewildered and walked through to the door,"If you cared so much for Lori then why didn't you keep her outta trouble?"

Vance got up and said through gritted teeth,"you were absolutely clueless wasn't you???!!! she was pregnant!!!!!!"

Luke's mouth dropped ten feet to the ground, Vance shook his head and looked to Luke,"She knew if she told you, word would get out to the county, and yer precious Robin...... she kept it to herself...why do you think shes been drinking so heavily sides you, court, and her momma?? huh???? she had a miscarriage for god's sakes but you woudln't care, thats why she never told you...i went with her to EVERY single doctor visit!!!"

Luke couldn't believe what he was hearing,"Vance.... yer kidd......."

Vance liked to knocked Luke out,"NO I AINT LYING OR KIDDIN' THIS IS REALITY LUKE WAKE UP!!!!!"

Luke...........

Luke stormed off the porch and headed toward his car. He stopped dead about a foot away. He couldn't get in the car and go for a drive unless he wanted to drive out to the back forty! "Da-- IT!" Luke turned and walked to the back forty instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Luke and Vance didn't know was Jesse had been at the side of the house feeding the chickens. He heard every word! Jesse had watched Luke bolt for the car. For a second or two he thought Luke was going to get in it and leave, then he saw him turn and walk off. He would be waiting on Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke felt like someone had kicked him square in the stomach. He set under the old oak tree for hours. When dark started setting he got up and began to slowly walk back towards the house. At the barn Luke saw Jesse setting on the porch. He knew Vance hadn't told Jesse or he would have heard IT before now. When Luke stepped on the porch he saw that Jesse was reading his Bible and he decided not to disturb him so he started into the house.

Jesse said, "Luke set down. We're going to have us a talk, son."

Luke could tell by the way Jesse said it, he was in trouble! He sighed and seat down on the top step facing Jesse.

Jesse began.

Jesse began,"You dont know how dissappointed i am at you right now!!! of all the trouble thats been caused and happened nothing compares to the way Im highly upset with you now!!!!"

Luke swallowed hard and nodded.

Uncle Jesse began reading Luke verses and explaining them to him,"Luke why?? why was it Vance with Lori and not you??? it was yer fault and yer RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!, A WORD YOU AINT LEARNED, OHHH BUT YOU WILL!!!!"

Uncle Jesse took Luke by the ear and practically drug him out to the wood shed beating him, when he was threw Luke coudnt feel his bottom and when Uncle Jesse plopped him down on the step and read more verses to him, Luke whimpered a little.

Uncle Jesse then stopped and proceeded to ask,"Did you even know?"

Luke slowly shook his head no and looked down. Uncle Jesse asked again,"Did she knwo if it was fer sure yers?"

Luke nodded yes,"I..Im the only one shes been with sir..."

Uncle Jesse looked to Luke and said,"Why would she tell Vance and not you?"

Luke looked to Jesse and said,"Ro..."

Uncle Jesse didn't even give him time to finish when he.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori saw Billy Ray and winked to him, He knew it would be crazy but with the note she had left him at lunch, he had to see her again.........

Uncle Jesse didn't even give him time to finish when he stood up.

Luke stopped in the middle of his word and swallowed hard.

Jesse got louder than he had been before. "Lucas you are going in there and call that girl, (Meaning Robin) and you tell her that I'd like to see her and her parents here for supper tomorrow."

Luke couldn't imagine why but he didn't dare question it. "Yes, Sir."

Jesse added, "Then, I want you in bed! We'll finish this talk tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke went in and called Robin. "Robin, Uncle Jesse would like for you and your parents to come over tomorrow evening. Can you talk to them and arrange it? I think it's pretty important."

Robin wasn't sure why Jesse wanted them over at his house but it was an excuse to get to go see Luke. She replied, "Yeah, shouldn't be that hard to get them there."

Luke said, "Ok, thanks. Good night and I'll see ya tomorrow."

Robin replied, "Ok, night. I love you."

Luke knew Jesse was watching him like a hawk, "I've got to go now. Love ya too."

Jesse now glared at him.

Luke dropped his head and went to his room.

Bo was waiting. "You ok?"

Luke shook his head no and said, "Not really."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In North Carolina, Billy Ray was trying to figure out how to get into the barracks where the new female recruits were housed. He didn't know this had been tried before!

Bo didnt wanna talk after hearing the outburst that his uncle was putting up. Luke really hated himself now, one girl who he loved was pregnant and had a miscarriage who she seemed not to inform him about, the other one was going to have a serious talk with his uncle!!

that next morning........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy Ray had found a small hole that he could sneak through to the girls' barracks, when he saw Lori again he immediatley kissed her. Lori had been waiting for him to return and when he saw her it all went from there........

The next morning Luke and the others got ready for school as usual. Luke reached for the car keys as everyone was heading out the door.

Jesse sternly said, "Luke."

Luke turned around and said, "Yes?"

Jesse was holding out his hand for the keys. "Ya'll will be riding the bus for about five weeks. Get used to it."

Luke sighed and handed over his keys.

Outside Bo and Coy were arguing over the shotgun position.

Luke said as he walked by the car, "Ya'll better quiet arguing and start walking to the bus stop."

When the bus stopped at the Davenport's Luke saw they weren't the only ones riding the bus this morning as Cooter came back to seat with him. BL and Dixie were also riding the bus. He asked, "Loose your keys too?"

Cooter replied, "Yeah, even the wrecker keys."

Luke said, "Sh--! he was peeved!"

Cooter replied, "Yeah he was or is may be a better term."

Luke said, "Yeah I know that feeling!"

At school Luke was walking rather stiffly when he got off the bus. His behind hadn't been this sore in a long, long time. He walked over to Robin who was standing with several girlfriends. They were talking about the up coming weekend and their plans. Luke knew it wouldn't take long for his and Robin's weekend plans to be brought up. He sighed expecting all the comments that he and the others would get once word got out about their sentences. It was right then that one of the girls asked, "Robin what are you and Luke doing this weekend?"

Luke thought to himself. 'Yeap here we go!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just the touch of Billy Ray and Lori thought the temperature in the room went up twenty degrees. Billy Ray felt it too. Suddenly they forgot where they were and................

Robin hung her head and the girls laughd looking to all the 'dilenquients' that walked through those school doors. Robin took Luke's hand and said,"Its ok, what was Jesse wanting with us anyways?"

Luke swallowed hard and said,"I dont know and thats what worries me."

Luke went to his first period and sat down were Lori usually sat in front of him, the seat was empty and Luke day-dreamed about her all day, god knows he didn't want to, but he wondered why on earth she'd never told him and if she didnt miscarry what would he have done then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all went from there and they ended up on a small blanket outside.

That next morning, Billy Ray had managed to slip her in to her bed and go to his own barricks so he wouldn't get caught. When the bugle went off giving them their morning wake up call Lori was quick to her feet and dressed in no time with her bed made, seeing a note slip out of the corner of her pillow........

At the end of the first period class the teacher looked up before the bell rang and called Luke, BL, Cooter, Vance to stay after the bell. It was Friday and the Judge had indeed called the school. Mrs. Whitten said, "I'm not sure why but I have been told to have you all some extra work to do over the weekend.

Luke nodded, "Yes, Ma'am, we know. Thank you." He said taking the ran off sheets of work. By the feel of it there must have been fifteen pages there.

Robin was waiting in the hall, "What's all that?"

Luke replied, "Homework for this weekend."

"Oh. Well, I guess you won't be bored, huh?" Robin hoped he took her poor attempt at humor as just that and not seriously.

Luke sighed, "Want to bet?"

Robin replied, "Ah, no!"

In the hallway, Enos came up to Luke and asked, "Luke can I ask ya something?"

Luke said, "Sure Enos."

Enos was motioning Luke away from Robin. Luke thought he may want advice on a girl or something. He told Robin to hang on and walked across the hall with Enos who finally asked, "Luke is it really true ya'll have to go to jail on the weekends?"

Luke was a bit surprised but sighed and said, "Yeah Enos it is true. Judge Hardcastle didn't want us missing school."

Enos smiled, "Well, that was nice of him." He laughed his silly laugh and walked off.

Luke shook his head and walked back to Robin who asked, "What was that all about?"

Luke replied, "Well, it's official. The news is all over school. Enos just asked me if it was true."

Robin said, "Yeah, if its made it to Enos it's all over school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori read the note which was from Billy Ray. He wanted her to meet him in the same place tonight. She smiled.

Just then the group that Lori had been hangin out with was snickerin and what not lookin to every one of the Dukes and Davenports saying things like,"They're a buncha jail birds!!!, Hey fellers say send us some soap on a rope will ya?? Gonna get a visit from Bubba huh?? Hey Earl what kinda bird dont fly? what? a jail bird!!!"

The kids learned to live with it and shook their heads sighing looking to one another. When they arrived home they were cleaned up and ate, then taken to the jail..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori went through the same thing, hard work during the morning, lunch, then class room work, with her highschool work as well...

Jesse put the others to their chores when they arrived home from school except for Luke. "Go get you things ready so we can leave after we have our talk with Robin and her parents."

Luke said, "Yes, Sir."

It was just a few minutes later when Luke heard Robin's dad's truck pull in. He headed out to the porch where Jesse had a pitcher of tea and glasses. Luke was glad to see Robin and wished they could have made it to the barn for awhile before he had to leave for his weekend in jail.

Jesse looked to her father after the initial greetings and small talk was over. "I know your kids mean everything to you as mine do to me. That's why I wanted us to have a nice little talk. I just found out something yesterday that I think the three of you need to know."

Luke rubbed the back of his neck and closed his eyes. He now knew where this talk was going.

Jesse said, "Luke, you can tell them." Luke thought to himself, 'I can? I don't want to!' But he knew that Jesse hadn't given him a choice.

Luke cleared the lump in his throat and began, "Well, before I do, I'd like to make it clear that I had no knowledge of this until yesterday myself. I was told yesterday that the reason for Lori's self destruction actions lately was bacause she had found out she was pregnant." He paused seeing the hurt in Robin's eyes and the concern for his daughter in her father's eyes. "Yeah, it was mine. But, she miscarried. She never said a word to me. She never gave me the chance to make things right...." Luke almost whispered his next statement, "She never even let me grieve for my child."

Robin turned to him she had never seen him cry, but he was now. In front of her, her parents and Jesse. She turned to Luke and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

Jesse felt badly for what he was putting Luke through. He wanted Luke to take his actions seriously. Jesse explained to Robin's parents, "I know Luke has been spending a lot of time at your house. I don't want him to and Robin to jump the gun. Evidently, Lori wouldn't tell Luke about the child because of Robin. I just hope that should they make a mistake that you two will see that he knows about it so he can live up to his responsibilities."

Her father spoke, "I have had several talks with Luke, Jesse. He knows where I stand and what I expect."

Jesse nodded. "Good. I'm safitified then." He stood up and walked over to Luke and said, "Son, I'm sorry I put you through that." he and Luke ended up in a hug.

Robin looked at the time, "Uncle Jesse it's after 5."

Jesse looked at Luke, "Ya'll go get the others. We don't need you all being late."

Luke nodded still with tears in his eyes.when he spoke to the the others Vance looked to Luke and said,"Now you see what i went through with her everyday..."

Luke hung his head in shame and nodded. They all got ready to go. Robin hung around Luke and was kissing his neck and whispering sweet nothngs in his ear.Luke sighed and said,"Robin...please don't I don't think I could do anything right now if we had time. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomack by a mule."

Luke sighed and shook his head, heading towards the truck. Robin felt embarrassed and a little peeved, she climbed in her daddy's truck and they all went to take everyone else to jail.

they arrived, Rosco placed three men in one cell and four in the other, placing B.L. in the cell upstairs to keep a close watch on her.Luke couldn't do his work he thought too much on the deceased unborned child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile, had been thinking of it too, during one of her classes that she was required to take, wondering if Luke had found out about it or not.

Luke, Mark, Cooter, Jeb was in the one cell. Andy, Vance, and Ernie was across from them. Luke was doing some hard thinking and he knew Vance was watching him. It was beginning to annoy him. "What?"

"Geesh s'cuse me fer lettin my eyes wonder your direction." Vance replied.

Luke replied, "Your eyes haven't wandered in two hours."

Cooter was tring to keep the peace. "Luke come on you two this ain't getting no where. We are all stuck her together for a couple weekends."

Luke sighed and tried to do his work, Vance would take small peeks at him cursing him sometimes.

Luke finally broke,"Look, Vance... I feel bad enough that she told YOU and not me about this because of Robin.... But my GOD do ya have ta make me live hard for it??????"

Vance answered honestly,"Yes."

Luke clenched his fists but soon unclenched them setting back down Rosco was coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori met Billy Ray again that night and they talked.

"So, anyone interesting back home?"

Lori sighed and thought of Luke and then replied,"Well...Yes and No."

Billy Ray looked comfused,"Okk??"

Lori sighed,"Member Luke Duke?? its him.."

Billy Ray scoffed it off of who it was, he never liked Luke and Luke never liked him. Billy Ray sighed and said,"Ya know since I left, I really did miss you...why didnt you write to me anymore?"

Lori sighed and began to tell Billy Ray of allll the trouble she caused, leaving her miscarriage out.

Billy Ray nodded and said,"Dang!!"

Lori and him laughed, repeating the same thing over that they did the previous night...

Cooter, Mark, Andy nor Ernie knew why Luke and Vance were at each other's throats. They had gotten the idea it was about Lori because they had both dated her.

Vance did indeed intend to make Luke live hard for the way Lori had been hurt. He would have given almost anythgn to have had teh chance to be with Lori. Here was Luke who had been with her and could have been with her the rest of his life and he threw it away to get back with what Vance would descript as a snob. He thought Robin was a goodie goodie, honor society, spelling bee champion type girl.

Luke wondered if she even knew if the baby had been a boy or a girl. He tried to imagine a family life with Lori and couldn't even get close to seeing it. Seeing Lori as a mother was almost as far fetched as seeing himself a father. Jesse had always told him things happen for a reason. Maybe that is why she had lost the baby. Then, he began to think maybe it was something wrong with him, maybe he'd never ba able to father a child. Though he was in no hurry to do so just the thought bothered him badly.

Mark asked him, "Hey you need to talk?"

Luke nodded 'yes', but said, "Yeah, but no now." He motioned to Ernie and Vance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin knew she wasn't Luke's first by a long shot but she found it bothered her to know that he had gotten Lori pregnant. But, it bothered her more because Lori hadn't told him about it. She knew Luke. He would have done the 'right thing' and all which would have meant them breaking up had Lori told him and had she not lost the baby. She saw how hurt Luke was about loosing a child even though he didn't know it existed. She had a lot of time to think this weekend with Luke in jail. All her friends were out for a night of fun and she was setting home wearing Luke's football jersey alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori heard footsteps and got really quiet.............

While the boys was all talking or arguing as the case was with Luke and Vance, B.L sat in the cell upstairs alone tapping her pencil on her book trying to concentrate on the school work in her lap. Finally giving up she slammed the book shut then dropped it on the concrete floor. The sound reverberated through the quiet jail and could be heard downstairs, followed by the sound of B.L groaning loudly. She was going to go crazy from two weekends alone in this cell all by her lonesome she cursed Lori for going into the Marines and leaving her to suffer this boredom alone at least having Lori for company would have been better than this even if they did argue and fight. The boys downstairs heard the book hit the floor followed by the loud groan and......

The boys downstairs heard the book hit the floor followed by the loud groan and jumped a little at the sound they looked to each other and shook their heads.

Luke still thought on Lori and the more he thought the more he began to realize who was there with him in the younger years getting him in and out of trouble as much as Bo tried to help, whi stuck up for him in grade school and who was there helping Uncle Jesse take care of him sometimes, when she wasn't sick herself, when he was sick...it wasn't Robin, it was Lori. But then he realized all the times him and Lori fought and the woman he should be with tonight, was there with him. How can you care soooo much for two people, who if you don't straighten up will lose in a heartbeat. Luke got up and huddled Mark in a corner of the cell away from everyone,"I need to talk to you...now, I can't stand it no more..."

Mark nodded and said,"Im listenin buddy."

Luke began to tell him...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori heard footsteps and got really quiet as she ducked in under the small porch with Billy Ray in under the girls barricks. It seems the Lori's drill Sgt. caught word of a couple of 'escapees' that were trying to escape, Lori wondered if it was her and Billy Ray, but they wasn't trying to escape. Til the hounds started running towards the tall barbed wired fence, capturing two men who were trying to escape from the girls' barricks.

Lori looked to Billy Ray and quietly said,"Well we ALL know what they were doing."

Billy Ray laughed and said,"You aint changed a bit have you?"

Lori winked and watched...

Luke began to tell him about how he and Vance was at each other's throats cause Lori had told him she had been pregnant. How Vance he gotten to be there for her because he knew and Luke didn't and how it had been Vance with her even when she miscarried. Luke told him he'd only had about thirty hours to get used to all this after Lori had left, so that now her couldn't even talk to her about it. Like she would talk to him. He remembered the last time he went after her trying to get her to talk to him. She nearly took his head off.

Mark looked at him, "Robin knows all this?"

Luke replied, "Most of it. The short version."

Mark nodded and asked, "And?"

Luke replied, "Well, she, .... she ah, ..... wanted to take my mind off coming to jail before I left. Trouble was I don't think I could have, ah, you know, if I had the time."

Mark suggested, "Why don't you call that recruiter and find out where they sent her for training."

Luke knew a bit more about the Marines that he let let on, "North Carolina. Camp La June."

Mark looked impressed, "How you know that? Well, since you do, you could...."

Luke said, "There are only two training bases for the Marines if you are on the East you go to Camp LA June which is like saying somewhere in Georgia."

"That big?" Mark asked.

Luke shook his head 'no', "That many people."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked at Billy Ray and replied, "Nope, I ain't changed none. Still right in the middle of where trouble goes down."

Mark sighed,"Well basic training ends by Christmas so she should be coming home by then, now whether or not she'll talk to you that's up to her."

Luke sighed and scratched his head,"Well yer probably right, they all usually spend Christmas with us and by then our sentence will be up so, I don't know... but she has given my some insight on going to the Marines after highschool."

Mark nodded and said,"You can either write to her or wait til she comes back from basic training."

Luke nodded,"Think I'll wait for her..."

they walked back over and sat down trying to do their work. Luke thought abotu what Robin was doing and how bad she took his rejection before he left. He sighed and leaned back. Vance gritting his teeth and cussing at him every breath. Luke sighed and said,"Vance....please, im going to talk to her when she comes back from basic...that is if she wants to."

Vance shook his head,"You had a good thing going with her, something I would love to have with her, and you throw it all away... you didn't even care enough to ask her if she was alright!!! All you could think about was Robin!!!!!!! You was Lori's first my GOD I would have given anything to be her first!!!!! Any boy at school would tell yuo they would!!! but NOOOO she HAD to choose you! Of all people in the world it had to be YOU!!!!"

Luke looked to Vance and said........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy Ray laughed and helped her out once they caught the two. Billy Ray smiled to her and said,"Well..Baisc training ends here in about ohh say 5 more weeks, then we go home for Christmas for about a week and then, if you pass baisc, then you come back for advanced training... I won't see you til then either."

Lori smiled and said,"Who says you can't come with me?"

Billy Ray smiled,"Luke...Vance....yer uncle ohh and don't forget Cooter."

Lori smiled,"Yea they seem to get into my way alot... well I don't reckon it'll hurt us that bad...I waited since my sophmore year, thats been a year or so to finally get to see you again... I think one more time won't kill me."

Billy Ray kissed her before she slipped into her bed in her barricks.Billy Ray going back to the boys' barricks.

Lori got in her bed and thought for awhile... maybe she should call Luther on Monday see how the jail birds are and hows things at the farm. Lori knew that if one of the girls saw her crying they'd make fun of her. Lori looked to her stomach and thought, maybe she should've told Luke and not Vance..maybe..

B.L sat on her bunk upstairs she could hear Luke and Vance yelling at each other about Lori. She nearly fell off her bunk laughing hearing Vance bawl Luke out for just letting Lori leave like she had and when things were really quiet she could hear them all talking through the air vent they just didn't know she could hear them. Hearing about Lori miscarrying B.L nearly had a heart attack, Luther'd kill Luke if he ever found out about Lori being pregnant but B.L sure as heck wasn't gonna be the one to tell him not this time no siree.

Luke looked to Vance and said, "You know you're right. I am a jerk, but there's not a he-- of a lot I can do now is there?"

The two had totally forgotten that both Cooter and Mark as well as the others were listening to everything they said.

Vance looked at Luke, "I would have even helped her raise YOUR child. I was gonna tell Jesse and Luther that I was the one so you'd have never had to have heard a word about YOUR carelessness."

Luke heard what Vance was saying but the meaning behind it was lost on Luke at the moment. It hit Luke totally wrong. He reached through the bars and managed to get a hold of Vance's shirt. "Yeah, you would have taken ALL the blame but how much CREDIT would you have gotten? Sure would have made you look BIG to have gotten in Lori's pants. Wouldn't it?"

Cooter was just catching parts of this conversation and the meaning behind it. He wasn't liking what he was hearing, but figured that this wasn't the best time to get in the middle of the conversation. But, he figured he had better do something before Luke choked Vance. Cooter looked at Mark and Jeb, "Fellas?" It took all three of them to get Luke to let go of Vance.

Vance....