Halloween HiJinks

LoriDavenport

Luke went to chp more wood with Bo, Bo snickering at him. Daisy and Lori were in the house cleaning, Uncle Jesse and Jeb, and Coy, and Vance were on the back forty. Jeb, Coy, and Vance all looked to the house seeing that Lori was bringing in the laundry.

Thing is, Vance Duke had always had a thing for Lori, now growing up Vance always did things to impress her, that was part of the reason him and Luke didnt get along to good.

After the chores was done Lori and Luke had cleaned up a bit and walked outside setting beside each other seeing Uncle Jesse wak around the house.

Luke looked to Lori who was shaking her head,"fun while it lasted..."

Luke nodded in agreement seeing the wise old man come up the steps.

"Alrigth you two its time we set some ground rules:

1. You still live in under MY roof 18 years or not, I dont take kindly to that foolin' around in a barn.

2. When it gets t' were you don't know when to lay off the shine OR beer, you've had too much and its time to quit. I wont allow that heavy drinkin in this house, Ive raied ya'll since you werein diapers and I be danged to me if im gonna ease up now, it'll only get harder!!!!"

Uncle Jesse was furius and he headed in the house Luke looked to Lori and said.........

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke looked to Lori and said, "So much for my grand ideas of splitting hairs. Sorry about that."

Lori replied, "No problem. I knew better too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later Luke caught Uncle Jesse alone. "Uncle Jesse, I'm really sorry about last night. Really I am. You have known us to chase girls since we were Bo's age, but it's just really frustrating living under the same roof with your girlfriend. Especially when she is grounded to the farm."

"Yes, she is." Jesse affirmed, "And you will be too if you keep pushing your luck."

Luke nodded. He didn't doubt Jesse for a minute.

Jesse got on his 'soap box' and began, "You two are playing with fire! Keep it up and something is going to blow up right in ya'll faces. I happen to know Rosco is watching her, that's the real reason I grounded her to the farm. She's now eighteen just like you are. You two get careless out there on a run and there won't be anything I can do. Do you both understand that?"

Luke replied, "I do and I'm pretty sure Lori does, but she was kinda shook up the night Joel got busted."

Jesse replied, "It could have been us. I had know idea they'd shake you down that night, but something told me to put it in the tank."

Luke nodded. "I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the house, the phone rang. Daisy answered, "Sure Honey, he's here. Hang on." Daisy knew the crying voice on the other end, but would keep quiet about who it was. "Luke phone." She called to the porch.

Luke answered the phone and softly spoke," Robin?? you alright??"

Robin had missed Luke alot, and had wanted him back. She told him and Luke nodded, he sorta smiled to himself, but then thought of Lori. Lori sighed as she heard Luke's conversation and heard him metion something about,"I can't Im with Lori, if I knew it wouldnt hurt her I would."

That was all Lori could stand, she didn't cry, she never spoke. She walked in and got her guitar, going out to the rock that was secluded to itslef. Vance had seen her go to the rock and began to wonder, Lori started singing a song that she had wrote for Luke, alot a good that did her. Vance saw her and took in all her beauty. Vance finally spoke,"Lori?? yo ok?"

Lori looke dup into hs ocean gray eyes and spoke chocking up,"Im fine, Vance, its just that Robin wants to get back with Luke and Luke wants to get back with her and he wont because of me and its all screwed up Vance!!"

Vance went and sat beside her, taking her into his arms,"S'ok darlin.. Im here."

Those words brung Lori back into focus she glanced up to see Vance's eyes looking into hers and they kissed. When Vance broke free he said,"For 8 years I wanted to do that, Lori I wanted to tell you, you mean everything to me...I've always admired yer voice and beauty, Luke never did."

Lori thought of that a lie but didn't break the moment. Luke hung up with Robin and walked back outside to onyl catch a glimpse of Lori with Vance. Lori kissed Vance again, she never felt this way for him ever, only thought of Luke, course she still loved Luke, she always would, but she shared something ,more with Vance.

When Luke saw Lori and Vance walk out just smiling and laughing he got suspicious and...........

When Luke saw Lori and Vance walk out just smiling and laughing he got suspicious and started thinking about how close all his cousins and the Davenports had been for years. Even living under the same roof with each other at times like now. He'd noticed Vance try to impress Lori years ago when they were all kids. Could he really like her. Was Lori doing this cause she'd heard him the phone? Luke walked back in the house and got Daisy gently by the wrist and whispered, "You know who was on the phone?"

Daisy nodded.

"Was Lori anywhere where she could have heard me?" Luke asked.

Daisy said, "Well, I don't know she did walk in here for a minute or two, but I couldn't hear you."

Luke nodded. "Thanks Daisy."

Daisy asked, "Sugar, what did she want?"

Luke whispered, "To get back together. I told her I was with Lori. Then, " He pointed for Daisy to look outside where Lori was setting on the barn yard fence with Vance looking up at her talking about something. "I walk out and see sites like that."

Daisy gasped, "Oh, Luke you don't think?"

Luke hissed, "Oh, don't I!" Luke walked out and headed to the back forty.

This was his favorite spot on the farm. He had always hoped to raise his own family there someday and it was there he went to think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had been distant for days from Luke. She hardly said three words to him yet never they hadn't broke up. They hadn't talked to each other enough to break up!

It was late and Luke had locked the doors and was turning out the lights when the phone rang. The phone never rang at this hour unless it was bad news.

Daisy did a mental body check. Everyone was home. She answered the phone, "Duke Farm."

Daisy knew the once again crying voice that asked for Luke. "Luke." was all she said.

Luke took the phone.

Everyone had stopped heading for bed to see what was wrong. Luke's end of the conversation was barley heard, "Can I get you out with my car or do I need the wrecker?" "Calm down." "Where are you exactly?" "I'll be right there." He hung up the phone.

Jesse looked at him with silent questions in his eyes.

Luke simply said with determination, "I got to go. I'll explain in the morning."

Jesse believed in letting 'his' kids grow up. He knew they'd fall, he knew they'd skin their knees but they would survive. He could only protect them so long. He saw Luke's determination. "Alright, Luke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke stopped by the Davenport farm where he knew the wrecker would be at this time of night if it wasn't on a call. It wasn't. He drifted in as close as he dared to then parked. He went to Cooters window. "Psssssstttt!" he said tapping on the window.

Cooter raised the window, "What are you doing out here at this time of night?"

"I need a favor." Luke said.

Cooter nodded. He figured that much.

Luke said, "I need the wrecker."

Cooter said, "What did you do? Is Lori alright?"

Luke nodded. "It's not me. Lori's fine. Someone called me to get them unstuck. They said they aren't sure I can get them out with my car. How about it? It'll save you a trip if I can't."

Cooter thought. A wrecker call in an hour or a good nights sleep. He handed Luke the keys.

Luke smiled, "Hey if you get another call CB me and I'll get it and I'll bring the wrecker back in the morning."

Cooter stretched and yawned, "Well, OK! You got it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Luke got the wrecker thing should be down hill, but it's Hazzard County!

He drove to where Robin had told him she was stuck, but he didn't see anything. He kept easing down the road and saw her and her friend walking back to the car. He stopped for them to get in. "Where are you?"

Robin was crying, "Daddy'll kill me. I knew I shouldn't have let anyone else drive. Keep going. It's just bottomed out I hope." She directed him to the back side of the school where there was a big curb with a drop off on the other side.

Her friend was also crying.

Luke saw the car, the passenger side wheels were a foot off the ground over the curb. The drivers side was on the roadway. "How?"

The friend said, "I was just changing tapes. I hit the curb a little hard and it went over."

Luke shook his head. He got out of the wrecker and checked the car. It appeared fine. He hooked up to the front end, picked it up and swung it back to the road. Then he unhooked and repeated this on the back end of the car. Once all four wheels were on the ground, Luke said, "It'll be fine."

Robin knew that though it was fine and they had gotten it out unscathed that her parents would know. Too many people had been leaving the school event when it happened.

Her friend had already called another friend for a ride that was just showing up. She said, "I'm really sorry."

Robin nodded. Her and Luke watched the friend leave.

Luke spoke first. "This wasn't an elaborate scheme to get me out here was it?" He knew the car in question was her and her Mother's pride and joy, so he knew better.

"No!" She said defensively.

Luke replied, "Oh."

She said, "You sound disappointed."

Luke nodded, "Maybe a little."

She hugged him and said, "I don't know how to thank you."

Luke was feeling something right now that he'd missed for several months. A since of right, of comfort, of home. He held on to her and stroked her long hair breathing in the smell of her shampoo and prefume. He sighed and said with tears threating to fall, "God, I've missed this."

"Me too. That's why I called the other day, but I understand." She said almost crying again.

Luke said, "Things are changing there."

Robin asked, "You two broke up?"

"I wouldn't say that. I think she heard me on the phone. She's not talking to me." Luke said.

Robin asked, "Uuhh, would you like to maybe stay with Mark tonight?"

That had always been their excuse when Luke stayed with her at her house. That he was staying with her brother. Her parents knew and not only accepted but approved as long as they were at their house and not out endangering her reputation. They had dated over a year on and off and no one ever had questioned her reputation. OF course not many people wanted to mess with Luke, her brothers and especially her father! "I've got the wrecker til morning."

"You've worked it before at my house." she said. "Besides, you can help save my life in the morning. I've got to tell them. It will only be worse if they find out."

Luke nodded and said, "Ok. I'll follow you to make sure you get home ok."

They pulled out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once at the house it appeared everyone was in bed. Robin saw one gate had been left open for her she swung into the yard and parked. Luke pulled into the yard and backed back out parking across the road in case of a wrecker call he wouldn't have to deal with the gates. He shut the gate as Robin opened teh back door quietly. They both took off their shoes and made their way to Robin's room where Luke called the operator. "If you get a wrecker call I'll be at this number." He turned at took Robin in his arms.

"It's been a long time." She said.

"Too da-- long!" Luke whispered. He was more than content to live this moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Daisy's room Lori asked, "Who was on the phone for Luke?"

Daisy replied as honestly as she could without telling on Luke, "Honey, who ever it was, was pretty hysterical, so I'm not real sure."

Lori started to push Daisy for who she thought it could be but figured better of it. Daisy would be loyal to Luke.

Lori started to push Daisy for who she thought it could be but figured better of it. Daisy would be loyal to Luke.

And Lori would be loyal to Vance..... she had her way with words. Lori just got up and changed, then went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning, everyone at Robin's house had woke up and got very suspicious about Luke being there.

Her father was fuming as he asked her,"What happened?"

Robin looked to Luke,"Well the car broke down and Luke had to come tow us out."

Her father looked to Luke who had the wrecker keys in hand. His father looked to Robin and Luke and said,"We'll carry this conversation later."

With that they took off and headed for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vance,Coy, Bo, Daisy, and Lori all got up and got ready, Lori thought she'd wear something that'd knock the socks off any boy, and it did, Vance looked to Lori with his tongue lolled out and his eyes wide, she wore a pair of really tight jeans,her boots of course, a shiny belt, and a low cut black spaghetti strapped tank top.

Vance looked to Lori and said in amazament,"Wow!!"

Lori winked to him and swept past him, jasmine and vanilla floating in the air.

They all headed to school. When they gto on the bus Lori sat with Vance and not Luke..seeing as Robin was with Luke. Bo had a questioning look on his face and only shook his head. Vance usually hung out with Cooter and a couple others at break, good, this was Lori's chance to spy.

When first period came Luke had been trying to talk to Lori but she wouldn't budge, he walked her class, But no kisses or hugs, or holding hands. Just a simple bye, not even and I love you!

By break time though, Vance and every other boy looked at Lori as she strutted down the hallway, Luke eve noticed too, he thought da--!! and smacked himself for it. Robin came by and stood with Luke,"Were's Lori??"

Luke pointed in shame,"There..."

Robin looked to her standing with Cooter ad Beverly and Vance, Coy, and a couple of Cooter's friends. When Lori went over and got as close as she could to Vance looking over her shoulder to Luke every now and then. Cooter couldn't help but ask,"Cousin, you've been away for awhile, mind tellin me whats going on?"

Lori looked to Cooter,"Mind tellin ME whats going on?"

Cooter sighed,"Yea ok so he came and got the wrecker to tow someone out late last night."

Lori nodded,"Robin no doubt, ehh he's been distant from me it doesn't matter any more."

Bo happened to be standing there,"Didn't seem to distant last night."

Lori smacked Bo and said,"Hush now Bo!! I don't want the entire county to know!!"

Cooter just shook his head. Vance put his arm around Lori, Lori made no effort to remove it either. She only got closer to him. Luke was fuming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When it was time to go home, and they all stepped off the bus. Luke made an effort to talk to Lori this time. Lori acted so innocently when he asked,"What in the he-- is your problem and why are you doing that do you even like Vance?"

Lori said as sweetly as possible,"Well Luke lets say im a girl who knows what she wants, its you that has the problem darlin..not me..... Vance is a sweet boy Luke, yea I do like him...whats wrong with that??"

Luke...............

Luke humphed her and gave her a scathing look and said.

"What's wrong with it is YOU are using MY younger cousin to get back at ME!"

Lori shrugged not the least bit phased by Luke's look if he wanted to play these games then she'd play......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Davenport farm B.L was just about to die to know what was going on with Lori and Luke. She had witnessed everything all day especailly at break but hadn't been to where she could find out what was going on then she'd been with her friends Wendy and Tiffany and it would have been rude to leave them standing there just so she could be nosey. Dixie walked past her room just then and B.L reached out into the hall snagging her younger cousin and dragging her in the room closing the door.

"You got any idea what's up with Lor and Luke?"

Dixie shook her head she'd been with her own friends but had seen strange things too today.

"No but somethin' must be up they didn't hardly say a word ta each other today in the hall or hold hands and kiss like they usually do."

B.L nodded her face scrunched up in thought, she'd find out what was going on someway somehow......

Luke went in the house, quickly changed and did his evening chores. When he was done he asked Jesse, "Anything else need done?"

Jesse raised his eyebrows. He knew Luke was up to something, "Ah, no."

"I thought I'd go out for awhile." Luke said without firther information.

Jesse stated, "You'll be back for curfew."

Luke nodded and replied, "Or I'll call. I might be spending the night with Mark like I did last night after pulling Robin's car out."

Jesse questioned, "You two back together?"

Luke replied honestly, "I need to talk to her. I think we might be getting back together."

Jesse nodded toward Lori.

Luke shook his head, "I know, but somehow I don't think she'll mind much. I'll call you if I'm staying." He made a bee line for the house.

Lori saw Luke awhile later, freshly showered and shaved. He boots were polished and he wsa dressed to go 'out' and out he did go as he got into his car and left in a cloud of dust without out so much as saying anything to her.

Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Robin's, her father was out in the yard with her mother. He saw Luke's car pulling in. He nudged his wife, "Looks like the prodical son returns."

She nodded and went in the house to let them talk.

He called Luke over to where he was working, "So, ah, you two a thing again?"

Luke shrugged, "I'd like to think so, but that will be up to your daughter."

"Well, I'll say this, I had gotten pretty use to you hanging around but there has been some 'strange' looking characters hanging around." Her Dad stated.

Luke had to ask, "Any of them stay?"

He father replied, "No. She didn't even ask for any of them to. As a matter of fact she was usually relieved when they left for the evening."

Luke smiled. "Thanks." He headed into the house where he reached around her mother and got a glass from the drainer. He then got a pop out refrigerator and helped himself to a glass.

Her mother said, "You know its good to have you back here. I don't have to wait on you."

Luke smiled, "It feels good to be back to." He finished his pop. Washed his glass and put it back in the drainer. He then headed up stairs to find Robin laying across her bed on the phone with the stero turned up. She wasn't aware that he had gotten there, let alone was standing behind her as she talked to her friend.........

She wasn't aware that he had gotten there, let alone was standing behind her as she talked to her friend about Luke. B.L lay on the couch talking to Robin about Luke. She didn't want to see Lori get hurt but had always thought that Luke and Robin were a cute couple. As Luke stood there behind Robin he heard her say to the person she was talking to.

"I really think we might be getting back together B.L"

Now Luke only knew one B.L at school so that narrowed it down as to who Robin was talking to he just hoped word wouldn't get back to Lori and that B.L wouldn't get mad at him and take it out of his hide.

"He's supposed to be coming over tonight, so guess we'll see how things go."

Robin was saying and turned on her side catching a glimpse in the corner of her eye she turned her head further and saw Luke standing there and she said to B.L

"He's here I'll call ya tomorrow and let ya know how things go....Bye"

B.L knew this was likely to hurt Lori but from what she'd seen at school between Lori and Vance somehow she knew her cousin would bounce back. She was happy for Robin though she'd missed Luke and had told B.L so many times. B.L said....

"Hope things work out between you and Luke alright, I'll talk to ya tomorrow....Bye"

then adding as an after thought before hanging up the phone B.L said wickedly

"Ya'll don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Robin laughed and hung up the phone getting off the bed hugging Luke

"Hiya stranger"

Luke hugged her back and pecked a kiss on the end of her nose raising an eyebrow before saying

"Hi, B.L's not plotting my death is she?"

Robin laughed and shook her head no and told him that B.L gave them her good wishes although she knew this was likely to hurt Lori.....

Luke said, "You saw me try to talk to her in school today. She wouldn't give me a chance to even explain anything. I didn't even try after we got home. I think she's either using Vance to try to make me jealous or she has feelings for him. I really hope it's the latter."

Robin replied, "Me too."

Luke suggested, "Well, the cat is already out of the bag about me being here if BL knows. How about heading to the Boar's Nest?"

Robin smiled, "Give me a few minutes to get ready."

Luke waited while Robin changed and then they went to the Boar's Nest. Cooter was there with Beverly they had been spending alot of time together lately. They didn't even notice though as Luke and Robin came in Cooter was too busy whispering sweet nothin's in Beverly's ear making her giggle. Luke saw them as he scanned the room for an empty table and swore

"Da** there's Cooter and Beverly, hope he's not in the mood to kill today either."

Robin shook her head and smiled leading Luke across the room as she looked at Luke's best friend and his newest girl friend.

"He's too wrapped up in his own pursuits to care. C'mon we're here to have a good time."

Luke nearly had a heart attack as......

and Lori,Bessie Lou, Mylinda,Wendy, and Tiffany.All girls was old enough to go to the bar now, which meant trouble stirred ahead.B.L. had plotted this from the start. She called Lori and got Lori to get all her friends together and meet them there. Lori glanced and saw Luke and Robin there but shrugged it off, Lori wasn't one who took too kindly to being the on again off again couple. She thought it was a dumb idea. Truth was, she was partial to Vance, but she loved Luke, she had intended on talking to Luther and straightenin things out tween them. She wasn't about to stay were she knew she wasn't welcome.

They all went over and sat at a table laughing and giggling and whatnot. B.L. looked to Lori then to Luke and got the biggest evilest grin on her face.

"Hey, Lori, whats up with you and Luke??"

Lori sighed and looked down, she was wearing the necklace, she'd return it to him when she left. "Well, He's more partial to Robin, that on again off again thing, he says we aint talked much but lemme tell ya, last night in the barn..we didnt need to talk!!!"

The girls started laughing and looked to Luke. Luek saw the stares and the laughs, yep..Lori was talking bout him..and probably bad too.

"I guess there just aint no more love there anymore B.... is Uhhh Uncle Luther still pissed at me for uhh..you know"

B.L. looked to Lori,"truth is Lor, we all miss ya, Uncle Luther walked by yer room today and even told himself he wanted ya back.... why don't ya come on home were you belong Lor?"

Lori smiled and said,"You don't know how good that sounds cousin!"

B.L. grinned from ear to ear, this meant she'd have her daily mornin rounds with Lori. Lori sighed and jerked the necklace off her neck tossing it to the table. B.L.'s eyes got big as she commented,"Gawww lee couisn!!! were'd you get that from??"

The other girls looked to the necklace and awwwed over it,"Ehhh, Luke got it for me for my birthday...its worthless to me now...it'll come in handy more to Robin.."

Lori got the big bright idea to give Luke the necklace for she left the farm.

The night went on and curfew was around the corner. Luke took Robin home..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had went to the farm and saw Vance standing outside waiting for her, B.L had followed Lori to talk to Luther over the phone. Vance looked to Lori and smiled,"Well hey there! have fun?"

Lori smiled back and put her hair behind her ear, that meant she liked someone...she did that alot when Luke had finally asked her out. Lori said,"Yea.... I had a good time I guess."

Vance nodded and gave her a small peck on the cheek for going in. B.L. gasped and looked to Lori,"You are aware you and Luke aren't officially broke up yet?"

Lori shrugged,"So...look like I care??"

B.L. nodded,"Well yea, cause you know its coming and you love Luke alot."

Lori sighed and looked to B.L.,"Well that might be true but ohh well, I have to face it someday."

Lori walked in as B.L. had went to pack her things, B.L. knew Lori was coming home.

Lori made the phone call...

Lori:Uncle Luther?? can I uhh come back home,now look I aint runnin no shine or nothing like that and I don't want to...I wanna help you out at the garage and things like I use to do..Uncle Luther, I'm really sorry.

Luther:Well, promise me this much, when I ask you to be home will you come home at curfew?

Lori:I promise anything Uncle Luther...I miss you and B.L. and Cooter and Dix.

Luther agreed and they hung up. B.L. packed Lori's things into the house and helped her carry them to the car. Lori looked to Uncle Jesse and hugged him thanking him fo rthe stay. B.L. and Lori made their way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got there Cooter wrapped Lori in a big bear hug as if he aint seen her in years. B.L. shook her head and went in. Luther saw Lori and stepped off the porch hugging her. Lori go ther things and went inside the house Dixie..........

Lori got her things and went in the house, Dixie flew off the couch and wrapped Lori in a tight hug. It was good to have her other older female cousin home again to talk with about boys and stuff. B.L was a big help in those talks but Dixie missed the talks all three of them had sometimes late at night when B.L and Lori weren't fighting with each other. Dixie let go of Lori and said.

"It's good ta have ya home cousin, now the odds are even again B.L and Cooter been pickin' on me."

Lori snickered when B.L yelled from the kitchen hearing Dixie's comment.

"We have not!"

Lori sighed and shook her head,"Alright thanks Bo."

Lori would have liked to have talked to Luke to see about things btween them. She guessed she knew were they stood and B.L. was right, it did hurt. Lori went to her bedroom and silently cried. Dixie went in and flopped on her bed looking to the necklace Lori held in her hand,"Wow cousin, were'd ya get that from?"

Lori looked to her and smiled,"From Luke.... its worthless now though..his new girlfriend would like it more."

Dixie looked to Lori and patted her back,"Well he musta loved ya, lookie at those diamonds in em!"

Lori chuckled a little to her and looked asking,"So? what about you and Bo?"

Dixie got mad at the question,"How dare you ask me bout him!!! fer as Im concerned he can jump off acliff!!!"

Lori looked to her cousin who was fuming,"Ohhh so I see.. it was Beth wasn't it?"

Dixie's mouth dropped open,"Is he that obvious?? how did everyone know bout him liking her?? why didn't you tell me!!"

Lori fell back on her bed and laughed Dixie humphed her and walked off. B.L. walked by Lori's room and shook her head, all of them going to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At Robin's house.........

At Robin's house Luke and Robin had just come in the rest of the family was already in bed. Robin took Luke's hand and lead him upto her room, they'd had a fun night even after Lori, B.L and their crew had shown up at the Boar's Nest. Now it was time to talk serious and see where they stood with each other and their relationship..........

She looked into Luke's eyes. "What is with us? We are great together but sometimes I think we get tried of each other."

Luke knew exactly what she meant. "I don't know. There are times I think I'd never want anyone else, but give it awhile and I know you're tired of me or I catch myself looking around to see what's out there."

Robin said, "I don't want you to be blind. You know I'm not."

Luke said, "How about we agree to take this slow and every so often we take at least a night and go out with the guys or girls."

Robin said, "Sounds good to me."

Luke sighed,"But...I have to take care of one thing though...Lori, it's gonna break her heart and it'll kill her, god knows I don't want to hurt her.."

Robin nodded,"If ya need to leave you can...I'll cover for ya."

Luke nodded and kissed her.

He then left and got on the CB. Luther had heard it, knowing that his tone didn't sound good, he instead invited Luke over. Luke sighed and accepted. Luther told Lori and Lori looked to B.L. who sighed and patted her back,"S'alright cousin, they won't last long and you know it." Lori smirked and headed out on the porch.

When she saw Luke she stood, he walked over to her and sighed,"Lor..."

She had done and beat him to it,"I don't know what I was thinking Luke, when I dated you I knew what you would do,but still yet I went out with you anyways. Luke.... Here take it, I won't need it.. It'd look better on Robin anyway."

Lori handed Luke the necklace and looked down choking up the words,"I..uh..I guess this is good bye." Lori didn't even let Luke speak just headed out towards the barn, crying. Luke sighed and followed her out there. Lori looked over her shoulder,"You shouldn't follow me... go after Robin, I want you to know though for you go...that I still love you and I always will."

Luke walked over to her and put the necklace around her neck and smiled whispering in her ear,"I'll always love you..."

He then looked to her and said,"Maybe, Lori...it just wasn't our time, least not yet anyways."

Lori nodded and walked in the house, crying. B.L...................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That had to be the hardest thing that Luke ever had to do, he returned to Robin's house and...........

B.L for once didn't make a smart a** remark and try to start a fight with Lori. She just hugged Lori tight and let her cry. B.L had mixed feeling about all this on one hand she was happy for Robin but on the other hand it made her mad that Luke would go back to Robin and hurt Lori like this, she whispered.

"Ya can do better than him honey he don't know what he wants"

Lori sniffed she still loved Luke.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That had to be the hardest thing that Luke ever had to do, he returned to Robin's house and went back up to Robin's room and told her.

"Well darlin' I'm yers again."

Robin nodded and gave him a hug then they..........

Robin nodded and gave him a hug then they went to bed. For Luke, holding Robin felt very natural as she wrapped herself around him.

Luke thought, as he heard her drifting off to sleep, about how it would feel strange sleeping with any other girl with her parents on one side of the wall and his friend that he was supposed to be spending the night with on the other side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori sniffed she still loved Luke, but she would move on. She liked Vance and she knew it would get to Luke that she was talking to him even if they never did anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter fired the wrecker up on a 'false wrecker call' he was actually going to see Beverly.

That next Morning, Luke woke up to the sight of Robin, aww what a beautiful sight. Him and Her got up and got ready. ohhh boy a great day at school, Luke thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lori got up she looked around to find her room so empty and quiet. She shook her head and looked out her frosted window, Cooter had just pulled in and Luther made a bee line dive for him. Lori quickly got up and ran to the door, as she heard Luther rip into Cooter.Lori stopped hr Uncle Luther and said,"It was my fault Uncle Luther....Cooter here had to go tow a car and he couldn't find it, I was spose to tell you he radioed me to tell you that he'd be late and it must have slipped my mind."

Luther nodded, some how he didn't believe it, but some how he did. Cooter sighed and looked to Lori,"I owe ya one couisn."

Lori shook her head,"Nahh dont mention it."

Lori went in and took a shower hearing B.L. creep in Lori quickly threw a water everywhere on B.L. B.l. went to cussing and screaming. Lori laughed and climbed out running to her room, locking the door. B.L. kicked her door and went to change.

They all ate breakfast and headed towards the bus. Lori stepped on and saw Luke and Robin and quickly glanced away before they could notice, she saw Vance and he smiled to her, patting the seat. B.L. tripped Lori again and almost caused her to fall on Luke, B.L. laughed and went on, Lori cussed her,"Da-- B!!! I swear make me fall into the wrong people there!"

Luke didn't know how to take that remark, just that it did hurt him some to find Lori straying away from him. Lori sat down and got this uneasy feeling to her stomach and looked as if she'd puke everywhere. She didn't, she retained.

When they arrived at school Mylinda walked over to Lori and sighed,"We heard about ya'lls break-up we're really sorry. but guess who Im datin?? rnie Ledbetter!! aww I think im inlove!!"

Lori got sick and snapped at Mylinda:YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT LOVE WAS IF IT BIT YOU IN THE A--!!! SPECIALLY WITH THAT DIPSH--!!!"

Mylinda couldn't believe what Lori had said to her. Bessie Lou walked over to Lori and patted her back,"Dont worry, Linda's been like that since she started datin Ernie."

Lori just smiled,"Ya know something Bess, I dont think Ill ever go trick or treating with a Duke every again!"

It seems that Young Lori has learned her lesson with on again off again relationships. Luke and Robin are together....again....but for how long?? Do we all know the real reason for Lori's stomach pains?? Vance and Lori a couple?? we'll find out soon enough folks, ya'll take care.