Halloween HiJinks

LoriDavenport

Lori shook her head and sighed propping her arm up on the window.

Rosco nodded and said,"You ran from me earlier, but I didn't expect there'd be two of ya."

Lori shook her head and snickered. Rosco told Luke and Lori to step out of the car,"Yer under arrest for transportin moonshine and resisting to arrest(or something like that lol). They did, and in doing so Rosco took them in his cop car. Ths would be their first arrest,Lori looked to Luke and shook her head,"You just love gettin us into some of this perdicamnets dont ya?"

Luke half smiled and half laughed,"Reckon so but I seem to recall YOU helped me get into the trouble too."

Lori laughed and looked up to see Rosco going on about something up there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived to the jail, Rosco took their prints and put them in seperate cells, both downstairs. Luke in the one with the window--which will soon look quite familiar to him on a regular basis-- Lori shook her head and said,"Uncle Jesse'll kill us fer sure!"

Luke nodded,"Yea without a doubt, but hey take the heat you take the falls too."

Lori went and sat on the bunk,"Luke we can't be in jail...we have school and if I know Uncle Jesse... he won't make it down here til sometime in the morning, coach won't let us practice if we miss a day of school now, thanks t' someone's idea bout the press box!"

Luke smiled,"You loved it and you know it!"

Lori smiled,"well I reckon so... hey give me yer belt...I can get us outta here."

Luke looked to her and said,"You mean break out?"

Lori nodded,"Yea sure, why not?"

Luke looked to her and shook his head,"S'long as you know what yer doing."

Lori smiled,"I do...give me yer belt."

Luke looked to her and took his belt off handing it to her. Lori then began to swing the buckle part of it looping through the hook were the keys was. Once the buckle was hooked to the keys, she gently tugged to it letting them swing back to were Luke could get them. Luke had them and found the rigth key letting them both out. Lori took his hand and ran over in under the stairs hollering,"JAIL BREAK!!!!!"

well that was heard enough were everyone on the street was looking to them, Rosco came flying down the stairs and past Lori and Luke, which tey then made their way out the door and up the stairs, and to the outisde.

When they reached the outisde they ran as fast and as hard as they could to the garage, were they looked around Luther wasn't anywhere around. Lori snuck around back and took Luke upstairs. They climbed up looking out the window to find Rosco searching everywhere for them. Lori smiled as she heard someone in behind them..............

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori smiled as she heard someone in behind them. She and Luke both turned around at the same time to see none other than Cooter standing there with a stren questioningly look on his face.

Luke said quickly, "Cooter I can explain......"

Cooter replied, "Sure hope it's good."

Luke was thinking that he hoped it was good too, but said, "First, can you call Jesse and have him meet me at still site three? Secondly, can I borrow the tow truck to get there?" Luke knew that even back then Boss Hogg had the switchboard operator paid off for any kind of good information.

Cooter raised his eyebrows, then replied, "Well, I'll call Jesse for you, but you can't use the truck to get there. That's WHY I'm here. I have a call to pick up a red and white Ford. Sound vaugely familiar?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah, it does."

Cooter added, "But, I can give ya'll a ride outta here to meet Jesse. Grab that there tarp over there. I'll back in here after I call Jesse and ya'll hope on the back and cover up with the tarp. We'll drive right by Rosco."

Luke grin. Then, he and Cooter let out a gut burstin' laugh.

Lori thought they were both crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Jesse had been just getting up when the phone rang. He was not pleased to get a call from Cooter this early.

Cooter had asked him to meet 'Lost Sheep One at number three'.

NARRATOR: Now, anybody listening knew Jesse would be meeting someone, but with CB's just becoming common it was very unlikely they knew it would be Luke that he was meeting. They also probably knew tit was a still site they were meeting at but even the Davenports didn't know the location of all Jesse's stills.

Jesse grabbed a cup of coffee, his red cap and his shot gun. Going to any still site unarmed just didn't make good sense, though it was only loaded with rock salt.

Once out of town Luke directed Cooter off the road where a deer trail went up the hillside. "That's good right here."

Cooter said, "Ok, ya'll be careful out here."

Luke replied, "Just watch the paint of the Ford huh?"

Cooter glared, "I've painted it MORE THAN once, I can do it again." he pulled out with a grin.

Luke reached back for Lori's hand. "Ready for a walk?"

Lori took a couple steps up the trail, "It ain't THAT far."

Luke shook his head. He wasn't at all used to his girlfriend knowing this much about what he did. But, at least she if he wasn't home for 'unexplained' reasons, she would understand. Luke had lost several girlfriends who thought he was cheating on them because he was at the still site or on a run and couldn't explain why he wasn't at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse was waiting for Luke when he walked up. "What kind of 'Tom Foolery' have you two been up to now to get me out this time of morning?" Jesse asked.

Luke began, "Yesturday morning when I went out to deliver Rosco got in behind me. I ducked in to Robin's garage. Her brother closed the door. Rosco went by. Mark opened the door I backed out and high tailed it outta there before Rosco could turn around."

Jesse nodded.

Luke continued, "Last night I was on my way home. Rosco got in behind me. I pulled over. He arrested me for 'runing shine and resisting arrest' and took Lori in too. We were able to get out and get here."

Jesse nodded. "Get in the truck. We'll go get breakfast and I'll take ya'll to school, then, I'll go deal with Rosco! He knows he has to catch you with the shine to be able to arrest you and he can't prove it was you he was chasin'.

Jesse dropped Luke and Lori off at school after getting them some breakfast. As they walked in the others came up to see why they were a little late this morning. B.L gave them a smug look and asked

"Been out again all night Lor?"

Lori shot B.L a glare she wasn't in the mood to play their usual games this morning after being in jail.

"Yeah but NOT for the reason your thinking!"

The bell rang for first period and they all went to class there'd be more time to talk about this later. Luke and Lori didn't exactly want to tell the real story for their almost being late right there in the middle of the hall for everybody to hear......

Mylinda and Bessie Lou walked over to Lori who was making her way into her first period class with Luke-they had been let out of detention for good behavior- Mylinda giggled and said,"Say Lori, why was you sooo late this morning??"

Bessie Lou chimed in,"Yea....is it cause of Luke???"

The girls giggled, Lori rolled her eyes and said firmly,"Look.... me and Luke never did anything... I got into trouble and had to do extra chores this mornin."

They both nodded and handed her a note, talking about their love interests and the gossip going around about her and Luke. Lori read the note and shook her head, great it was bad enough that Rosco was aftert ehm, now it was highschool drama.

Lori walked in before she was counted as tardy and took her seat in front of Luke, everyone whispering and staring. Lori got up and shouted,"WHAT IN THE HE-- IS YA'LL'S PROBLEMS???? MY GOD AINT YA EVER SEEN SOMEONE WALK IN AND SET DOWN??"

Everyone in the class looked away and looked down. Lori could make the devil wuake in his cowboy boots. Luke gently rubbed his fingers up her back, Lori wrote him anote out of the teachers eyes saying:

Hey Hotstuff,

Aint it great bein in highschool, First we've got the dipstick of a sheriff on our a**** and now theres rumors going around about me and you.

Love,

Lor XOXO

Luke shook his head writing back to her............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the front of B.L.'s class Andy was passing her notes.........

Bo was passing Beth and Dixie notes............

B.L crumpled Andy's note up and threw it back at him she knew what it said without reading it. He was still trying to get her back after she'd caught him in bed with another girl she just couldn't believe it. Undetered Andy passed another note to B.L this one she opened and wrote in red marker....

LEAVE ME THE H*** ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Folding the note back up she tossed it over her shoulder at him she wasn't playing his games. If she took him back she knew it'd just be the same thing over again she'd heard the rumors, she knew that's why he had never had a steady girl friend than a couple of months at the most they'd always catch him in the act somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was passing Beth and Dixie notes and getting better results than Andy was getting a few doors down the hall with B.L in their class......

Luke shook his head writing back to her, "Sure is Darlin'! And to think, I thought I had problems last night! But, if they are talking about us they are leaving everyone else alone." Luke was cool enough to act like he wasn't bothered by the rumors. He knew girls would be girls. He also knew he'd handle the guys mouths should he hear them. He folded the note and slipped it back to Lori.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo just hoped the teacher didn't see but he really hoped neither one of them saw him passing the notes to the other girl. He really liked Dixie but he'd sure like to get to know Beth. He'd known Dixie for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In B.L.'s class Mr. Crouse was looking dead at her. "Ms. Davenport are you having trouble keeping your paper on your desk?" He asked.

In B.L.'s class Mr. Crouse was looking dead at her. "Ms. Davenport are you having trouble keeping your paper on your desk?" He asked.

B.L's head snapped up hearing Mr. Crouse's question she looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

"u...uh no sir"

She stuffed the note in her pocket then glared at Andy for getting her into trouble she'd had enough of that lately to last a lifetime. Andy just looked at her his eyes silently begging for another chance. All it got him was 'flipped off' and a hmph before B.L turned back around in her seat to pay attention to Mr. Crouse.....

Lori turned around in her seat and winked to Luke giggling at Cooter, biting her bottom lip. She turned around looking to her chemistry book.

~~~~~~~~~~~

4th period was her Honor's Choir class, She was a soprano, she knew they had a show to do soon and she panicked a little. Mylinda was in the class with her and she walked beside of her and sat down asking,"Hey Lor.... you gonna be alrigth?"

Lori looked to her with a confused gaze on her,"Huh??"

Mylinda said,"Member, you have to have a song to present to the director before she'll even consider you being in the show, you've been talking about it for months."

Lori sighed and looked down,"Mylinda, I aint got no song!!!"

Ms. Oldaker, the director had called Lori's name out to come up and sing, Lori panicked and thought....ah-ha!! she knew what she would sing now..

Lori walked up to the front of the class and looked to everyone, she then began to sing "From Boulder to Birmingham."

Ms. Oldaker rated her, a high proficient and told her she could sing in tomrrow's show. Lori took her seat as everyone clapped for her, getting up and taking their turns.

When the bell rang finally after 6th period Luke got Lori and walked her to break were a girl by the name of Hailey Marie wanted to fight Lori, because of B.L. Lori found B.L. and wailed at her,"Great goin!!! now she wants to whip my a--!!"

Lori took her jacket off and rolle dup her levi jacket sleeves,"Alright you wanna have a round then lets go!"

Luke...............

Luke was wise enough to know not to jump in between fighting girls so he figured it best to try to stop it before it starts so he grabbed her by her waist and said, "Come on. You don't need this right now."

Hailey smirked, "So the rumors are true, you DO let yer boyfriend control yer life!! I knew it just wasn't the "fun" ya'll were having!!"

Lori then turned blood red and broke free from Luke's arm,"There ain't NO ONE that controles MY life but ME!!! you bi*** !!!!" Lori then brung her fist back and knocked Hailey a sailing across the floor, her head hitting the lockers, everyone gathered round saying,"FIGHT! FIGHT!" Lori was a top of Hailey beating her brains in.

Luke saw Cooter heading his way. "I tried to stop it before it started. Hailey wanted to keep running off at the mouth."

Cooter said, "Get Hailey I'll try to get Lori."

They both stepped toward the fighting girls and grabbed one a piece about the time the principal walked up.

The principlae yelled,"Alright!!! you Davenports!! Duke!! Hailey!! come with me.!!"

Lori got up and straightened her self out Luke took her hand and shook his head,"You've done it now, Uncle Jesse will kill ya fer sure."

Lori shrugged and fixed her hair. They walked in and Lori told her point view of the story, Luke told his, and Hailey told hers. Needless to say lori got Detention fer the rest of the week along with Hailey. Hailey was seeing Ernie so it was going to be fun for her. Lori would be bored outa her mind though. Word got around to her director in choir, her only first love before Luke was her music, her Director had sent word to her that she could NOT perticipate in the show, they didn't allow people who stirred trouble. Lorei won the fight though, that was the only good thing that came out of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

When they got on the bus Lori walked to the back and sat down relaxing in the seat. Luke, Cooter, B.L., Bo, Daisy, and Dixie all got on the bus. Luke took his seat by Lori and asked her,"Whats wrong?"

Lori looked to Luke and with a small sigh,"I can't sing tomorrow at the show, and Ive practiced and practiced sooo hard for it.."

Luke sighed and let her fall asleep in his arms. They arrived to the farm and Uncle Jesse saw the 4 come down the road, knowing sonething had happened, the principal had called. When Lori stepped into sight Uncle Jesse asked,"Soo hows that Hailey girl doing Lori??"

Lori..........

Lori teared up more from anger that regret, "I'm sorry Uncle Jesse but I ain't sorry. First she hurt BL and then she wanted to say Luke controlled me when he tried to get me to walk. And now I can't even sing tomorrow in a program I've been practicing for months for."

Luke knew that wasn't the best answer to give Jesse but he was surprised when he heard Jesse's reply.

Jesse looked at her and said, "Honey, just go to your room and get yourself calmed down and we'll talk about it after supper."

Luke ................

Luke looked shocked and surprised at his Uncle Jesse. Luke walked in seeing Lori crying her eyes out, he'd had an idea and could probably go along with it, he'd talk to her choir director tomorrow to see if he can get her to let Lori sing in the show. Luke walked back outside and helped Bo with the chores. Suppertime rolled around and Lori had prepared supper for eveyone. Uncle Jesse had sat at the table and looked to Lori,"Have you calmed down some?"

Lori nodded and spoke kindly,"Yes'sir I have."

Uncle Jesse then stated,"Good cause we're going to discuss yer punishment."

Lori sighed and swallowed her food,"yes'sir I'm ready."

Uncle Jesse began..............

Uncle Jesse began, "I won't stop you from cheerleading practice if the coach lets you practice. I won't even keep you from the game on Friday. I understand that you are going thourgh a very difficult time, so other than school and school activities, I expect you to be on the farm."

Lori looked relieved.

Luke looke totally baffled. On the farm, that was all? he thought be was wise enough not to say it.

Jesse knew Rosco was up to no good when he talked with him earlier in the morning. He knew if he could keep Lori on the farm it was likely Luke would stay close by. Luke was already eightteen and Lori would be in a few days. Jesse had explained to Rosco that under no terms could he have arrested Lori last night. Rosco had let him know that it wouldn't be long and he could and would arrest her and Luke both for running shine. Whether Rosco had gotten a tip, just figured it was logical, or actually knew something, he had hit pretty danged close to to Jesse's family with the statement. Jesse figured the gorunding would give him time to see what Rosco was up to. He continued his sentence, "For the next month."

Lori's eyes got wide. She knew this would interfear with her birthday plans.

Luke almost said something. The same thought crossed Luke's mind. He'd just have to come up with somehting to do here on the farm and he was beginning to get an idea! It was likely a bad one, but an idea. He'd see if he could use the barn to through Lori a big birthday surprise party and since she was she certainly wouldn't expect it.

Lori swallowed hard and finally choked up,"Yes'sir."

Uncle Jesse smiled and got up from the table. Daisy and Lori had gotten the dishes cleaned up and put away. Luke was setting outside thinking. Lori had her PJ's on and her hair in a clip, Bo and Daisy were in the bed, Lori wore pink satin PJ's and a pink tank-top. She walked out with a toothebrush i her mouth, from brushing her teeth. She looked to Luke and said,"Whats wrong darlin, looks like ya got something cooked up."

Luke looked up to her and chuckled, she was certainly an eye catching site, she was prettier than a month, he-- a year of sundays, he just might have found himself falling in love...which could be a bad thing...cause he still loves Robin. Luke smirked and said,"Ohh I have something cooked up alright... but I aint about to tell you."

Lori crinkled her nose and sat beside him, watching the sun set, Lori had spit the toothpaste out and smiled to Luke, taking his hand. saying,"14 years ago to this day, I was settin out on my daddy's front porch, watching the sun set as they took momma away, I wasn't old enough then to understand why they were taking her away then, but I didn't want her to go, I always heard momma talk about my 18th year and how she wished she could see the smile on my face."

Luke had a tear in his eye,"Sad thing is, is I know what yer going through."

Lori sighed and said,"We're a sad sight ain't we??"

Luke smirked,"Nahh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A COUPLE DAYS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori was soo excited it wasn'y even funny, Luke had tried to let her choir director let her sing, she just wouldn't budge though. Lori and Luke walked through the school doors and everyone clapped for Lori,Lori didn't have detention anymore. She walked in to her's and Luke's first period when Mylinda looked to Luke and winked, he'd told everyone about the party.

Lori caught the two talking and gave them weird looks......

Lori caught the two talking and gave them weird looks, Luke just smiled and said, "Don't ask."

Lori wasn't sure she wanted to know what was up, but she knew something was.

Luke had OK'd the party with Jesse. That was a big accomplishment. He had even got permission to have some beer there. Course Luke also planned to have a little shine there too which he wasn't planning on telling anyone about.

Lori seen her friends all looking at her with sneaky grins.

Lori and Luke was at break and Luke would nibble on her neck and ears. Lori would blush and giggle. Lori turned to look to Luke who was smiling from ear to ear at her. A girl, whos curls was as blonde and bouncy as rubber balls walked over to Lori,"Hey there Lori.... a race this saturday.... out in Osage..you comin?"

Lori looked to Luke who sighed,"Well I can't Em...Im kinda grounded for quite a while id say."

Em nodded and shrugged her shoulders, walking over to Bo and Dixie. Bo, of course was watching Beth out of the corner of his eye.

Luke whispered softly in Lori's ear,"Anything planned tonight?"

Lori smiled and shook her head,"You know better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got homE, Lori was sent out to the back forty to help uncle Jesse. Luke, Bessie Lou, and Mylinda had decorated the barn and go tit lookin spiffy, Luke had unloaded the beer and whatnot and hid the shine. He had her a present to that he'd been saving up to give to her, a heart shaped necklace, it costed alot, but runnin shine had come in handy though.

When Luke was done and Cooter,Beverly,B.L. and everyone of her's and Luke's friends arrived Luke went in to get Lori to find her setting on her bed crying. Luke walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her and whispered in her ear,"C'mon, lets go to the barn and have a sip o' shine baby."

Lori looked up to Luke and nodded. When they got out there though Lori was surprised to find...........

When they got out there though Lori was surprised to find the barn decorated and all her friends there.

Luke looked at her and said, "Happy Birthday!" then asked, "Were you surprised?"

Lori was shocked and let tears slip,"Luke, how did you..... yes im verrry surprised!"

Luke said, "Good."

Jeb, Coy, and Vance had their band there and got the music started.

Luke handed Lori a beer and got him one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse was in the porch supervising from there. Of course he would make a few trips out to the barn to chaparon.

Lori smiled and sipped the beer slowly, she then looked to Luke who had a box in behind his back. Lori smiled and looked down asking in her most weedlesome voice,"Hey Luke...what do ya have there?"

Luke drunk his beer and looked to Lori, pulling her close,"A gift.."

Lori smirked and reached her hand around Luke feeling. Luke sighed and said,"Well geesh Lori, I know you want to but can ya atleast wait til everyone leaves??"

Lori smacked his rear-end and said,"Whats in the box darlin?"

Luke handed her the rectangular shaped box and smiled as he saw her eyes get wider as she took the necklace out. Lori had tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Luke and squeezed him closely,"Thank you....I love you soo much...its beautiful!!!"

Luke held her closely and they danced..... Uncle Jesse had came in and took peeks seeing everything fine and in line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 12:00 that night everyone had left and said there happy birthdays and whatnot. Luke wrapped his arms around Lori and said softly...........

Luke wrapped his arms around Lori and said softly, "It's pretty warm. What do you think about heading in. LEt everyone think we're going to bed and I'll meet you back out here?"

Lori nodded and said,"Yea, Uncle Jesse'll catch us though wont he?"

"He might. Then again, we are eightteen and it's not under his roof exactly." Luke smiled evilly.

Lori wiggled around in his arms,"Got a point there too, I'll meet ya back out here say round 'bout another hour?? gives me time to get ready."

Luke said, "Ready?"

Lori just smiled and started pulling him towards the house.

Luke groaned in anticipation. Lori walked in and giggled staggering a bit, seeing Uncle Jesse was in the bed. Lori had to quickly get ready as Luke sat on his bed waiting. Lori took a quick bath and sobbered up a bit, she put on a short cheerleading like skirt and a low cut tank top. Letting her hair hang loose. She went in and acted like she was asleep beside of Daisy and then after about a good 15 mintues she got up and went to the hallway seeing Luke, shutting his and Bo's door. Lori giggled and gently slipped through the house barefooted. She slipped her flip flops on and walked out, Luke tagging along in behind her................

Luke silently opened the barn door and lead Lori up to the hayloft where he had made them a pallet of hay and sleeping bags earlier. He pulled out a mason jar of shine took a big drink and passed it to Lori.

Lori took a big drink and began unsnapping his shirt.

Luke sighed and reached under skirt.

Lori moved Luke's hand back to her waist teasing him just a bit.

A couple hours later Lori was really pretty drunk. Luke had gotten tipsy himself.

Luke went back to Lori and laid atop of her, letting out muffled sounds and sighs. Lori teased him more by jerking to his belt and playing with his zipper. Luke couldn't stand it any longer and ripped her clothes off her. Lori gasped and giggled softly. She then proceeded to work his pants off him.........

Hours later Luke laif beside of Lori rubbing her hair back and kissing her cheek. Lori smiled to him and snuggled up to him falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning uncle Jesse awoke to find that his miss-begotten nephew and Lori weren't in their beds. Uncle Jesse knew were they were considerin he heard them trip over things in the house. Luke looked to Lori as the sun shone in through the cracks of the barn walls, it hit her face and matched her complexion perfect. He could only hope to get her awake to get her in the house before anyone woke up......

Luke nudged Lori none to easily, "Lori I overslept! It's after dawn."

"****!" Lori said. She knew Jesse would be up. "Now, what?"

Luke sighed, "Face the music."

"I was really afraid you'd say that." Lori swept her hair up hoping it didn't look as messed as she thought it did. It did!

"Come on." Luke sighed again. He wasn't in the mood for a morning lecture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke silently opened the kitchen door and looked around the door to not only find Jesse, but Daisy, Bo, Jeb, Vance and Coy already up and at least heading for the table.

Jesse said sternly, "Come on in and set down." Nothing else was said. But Luke saw the demons dancing in his younger cousins eyes as they silently laughed at his predicament.

After breakfast Jesse said, "Luke you and Lori get on your chores and when you're done I'll see you both on the porch."

Luke answered, "Yes, Sir." He knew it wasn't good that Jesse hadn't talked infront of the others, but opted to wait until after the chores were done