The Dukes: Return to Hazzard County

JDhoggjr

Hi everyone,

I am kinda new to the message board, but I have been a lifelong DOH fan. I am a screenwriter and my head is chock full of ideas. But one of the ideas that I would like to see is a new DOH TV series, that continues the story of the Duke Clan. Now I am going to reserve my judgement of the new film until it comes out. But anyway on to my premise.

The Dukes: Return to Hazzard County

Luke Duke has retired from the National Forestry Service and returned to Hazzard County to live in the house filled with so many memories. After settling in, he is surprised by Daisy and her daughter, Rose. Daisy is a heading a team of scientists looking for something (Haven't quite figured out what she's using that education for, yet) and wants Luke to watch over Rose.

He is surprised again a week later when his "Cousins" (Sons of Coy and Vance) show up with a letter, stating the farm as their "residence" while on probation (For running something a little more dangerous than moonshine)

Back in town, there's major dissention being spread by the new sheriff, William Jefferson Hogg. Boss Roscoe is still up to his old tricks, and a brand new deputy from Los Angeles is sworn in.

If any of you have any story ideas for this "new series" Please contact me via email. I am going to collect the 24 best story ideas and translate them in to Teleplays. From there, I will try to find an agent to help me present it to the WB. Any submission will be credited, and if the series is picked up, I will figure out more for the writer from there.

I'm gone...

J.D. Hogg Jr.

Howdy, JD Jr. Welcome to HazzardNet!

That's a decent premise ya got there. Thing is, I don't think WB is gonna embrace much with the original Duke series anymore. But don't let that stop ya...who knows, maybe they'd consider a 3rd TV reunion movie. Hard to say, but if they thought they could make a buck off of it, maybe they would.

There's less commitment in a single-episode tv movie, than in another series, so that might be the better possibility to sell. Don't take my advice too much to heart, tho'....I ain't a professional scriptwriter. I don't want to discourage ya. Just sharing some business thinkin'.

Go for it, and good luck!

Brian

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have plans for another character that uses the name. Here is the basic synopsis

Eps: The New Duke in Town

A mysterious woman shows up in Hazzard claiming to hold the last will and testament of the late Jesse Duke, claiming to be his grand-daughter Jessi . Jake and Joe Duke must find validity in this claim by contacting their Aunt Daisy and Uncle Beau.

All suggestions are still welcome, and remember if this goes through, I will list you as story by credit.

"This Family has a lot of history. It's up to you boys to continue that heritage. Make me proud." ---Luke Duke "Pilot"

Okay apparently my other reply got lost on the internet....

Well, Thanks for the warm welcome, Brian.

I want to say that I have thought of this and considering that they greenlit a "remake" of the series, since it is only 25 years out, says something about the Dukes. They haven't even begun working on older shows, but have decent premises about I dream of Jeannie, The Munsters, and Bewitched (Alright, Bewitched is filming as we speak.)

Those shows are vastly older, but still have marketing potential. I think that is what they see with this new "Dukes movie". If they can make a buck with this "re-invention" they won't stop there. If we as fans can make a concerted effort to prove that we are truely residents of Hazzard County, by creating a addition to the legacy of The DOH. If we don't do it, some high priced, high falutin', guy might beat us to it and then we get nothing, except the fact that we know it came from us.

Keep them suggestions coming it. I am pluggin away at the 2 hour Pilot.

I'm gone,

JD.

Well, howdy all...

I'm at a kind of loss, I thought this would stir up some attention from the diehard fans, but I guess I was wrong.

I have the 2 hour pilot almost completed and am starting work on the episode "The Last Will and Testament of Jesse Duke". I hope some of you fanfic writers out there can be encouraged to submit to me a story that you think will continue the legend of the Dukes Family.

I think I'll just leave it at that...

I'm gone...

JD. Jr.

Tonight on the Dukes : two little bundles of joy are coming to the farm named Luke and Bo who's parents died in a auto wreck two days after they was born so little Luke and little Bo are still too little to know what is going on hopefully some good news will come soon.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your post, but that sounds like a retelling of the origin of Beau and Luke. Jacob and Joseph are the new Duke boys, and for continuity's sake; Jake Duke is Vance's Son and Joe is Coy's son. Now if all Hazzardites can agree on this,

I would appreciate you letting me know

We can technically "kill" Coy and Vance off. Whaddaya think?

Post your replies here...I check it everyday...sometimes twice.

I'm gone...

J.D. Jr.

JD Jr,

Yer a persistent cuss, I'll give ya that much. Good for you - it takes fortitude to make it out there.

I can't speak for everybody - but the reason I ain't personally all fired up, and jumpin' up and down about your proposal, is because I have no way of knowin' if you're for real. You've got good ideas - so go for it. But where does anyone else fit in? Why would ya need to collect ideas from the public at large? Ain't that the agent's job?

I've been around long enough to be just a little jaded. It sounds like you're looking to re-market other people's stories. Ostesnsibly, you're gonna give credit back to the original author somehow. Pardon my blatant skepticism, but any of us could submit stuff to an agent directly, and skip the middleman.

No offense intended. I'm sure you can respect the need for any author, fanfic or otherwise, to protect themselves and their work.

If you wanna tell us more about yourself, and list some of the scripts you've successfully marketed, and show us an example of your writing - by all means, g'wan ahead. I'd be interested to see it.

Brian

Hey,

I may sound persistant and tough, but that just comes from the active imagination. You know what they say, right...You write what you would most like to experience. Now as to your post...

Thank you very much! I was waiting for someone to bring up legalities, and here is what I am working on for that. I am in the process of acquiring non-disclosure agreements for this run of stories. I also find that I write better when I can actively collaborate with someone. Don't ask me why, but I just do. As for the non-disclosure forms, the jist of it reads much like what you see at the top of fanfics. ie the characters based on the original DOH series (Boss Roscoe, Luke, Daisy, etc.) belong to Gy Waldron, and the new characters (Jake, Joe, and Rose) are copyrighted by me. Now here is where anyone else fits in. In the form, I agree to abide by this legally binding document, that if I use any idea from someone else, and not credit them for it, I can be sued to the fullest extent of the law. (BTW, I do have a notary to have them notarized and have copies that will be mailed back to you.)

I realize that it is a cutthroat industry out there, but as a wise man in the eighties once said "One man can make a difference". I actually aspire to be a producer one day, and I want to make sure I can work with all sorts of people on a lot of different projects.

And as for samples, I am going to need a non-disclosure form as well, to protect my work, naturally, so you can send me a private email to Pineappledanf@yahoo.com.

As for what I have done, so far, my only credit in Hollywood is an Intern to Craft Services in 'Monster' starring Charlize Theron. I am in the process of making my first feature. I finished the screenplay last week, I am in the process of copyrighting it. I am also putting together a budget to submit to my investors (As it stands, I have 3 investors and am looking for 4 & 5)

Putting together a budget is one of the hardest things that I have had to do since helping design an old folks home in film school! Now that was a lot of work...But anyway, send me a private email, with a mailing address and I will get a non-disclosure for to you with a SASE to mail it back to me.

I hope this helps in clearing up any thoughts of misdeeds and dark dealings, such as what Sheriff Hogg is planning...

Talk to y'all later,

I'm gone,

J.D. Jr.

P.S. Anymore questions, feel free to ask.

J.D. Jr.,

Your explanation sounds plausible enuff. While HazzardNet doesn't permit solicitation of it's members, cousins, local folk and lurkers, I've decided to leave your post up. Folks can contact you at their own risk, should they wish to do so.

This ain't, however, an official endorsement. A note here to the HazzardNet crowd: We suggest the use of a PO Box when enterin' correspondence with anyone. Somethin' as simple as yer name and street address can be used to dig up a whole lot of information on you. Be careful out there.

Back to you, J.D. Jr. - I think you understand why the skepticism and caution is necessary. We've heard some outrageous claims over the years....and we must do our best to protect our community.

Some of us have also done our share of writin' for our own amusement. (Not sure I'd say that we wrote stuff we'd actually like to experience. Heh. ) HazzardNet contains stories and links to fanfic pages, and the thought of any of us havin' work ripped off - fully or partially - is distressin' to say the least. It's a risk we take when we post our work for the free enjoyment of the world. ( Tho' we're savvy enuff to have file dates and logs.) You've posted a few of your ideas, which you intend to market - and in doin' so, took a risk yourself.

I'm not sure how many sites you've posted your invitation on...or if you sniffed out HazzardNet for any particular reason. In any event, you've conducted yourself well. I sincerely wish ya the best of luck.

Brian

Thanks for the leaving it up. I appreciate it whole-heartedly. I understand, and I applaud your cautiousness. I take precautions as well, as I have had my identity stolen. That is why iI would do business over private mail than posting my address for the world to see. That is the reason for notorizing all my legal documents. I want it to be official and there are no ifs ands or buts about it. I do realize by even posting some of the ideas, that they are at risk of being stolen, but if they are, I took that risk to work with some fine writers, and that would be the end of that.

No particular reason for choosing Hazzardnet. I read some of the more incredible stories and would love to work with some of you out there, as they are mighty fine stories. I shall post the top 5 stories that impressed the heck outta me, and at the author's discretion, they can contact me.

I just finished a huge thanksgiving lunch and probably resemble my namesake at the moment. I am too stuffed to even type anymore...so I'm gonna stop.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL

I'm gone...(urp!)

J.D. Jr.