My Mentor

LoriDavenport

Uncle Jesse, being one of my all time favorite, probably mymost favorite character on there, Luke with a close close second lol, Uncle Jesse, being the patriarch of the family, is my mentor because of his kindness and wisdom that he presents in the show to the boys and Daisy and ALL of Hazzard County. I try to live by,"What would Uncle Jesse do or say?"

It seems my life runs smoother too? funny huh? well I wanted to know if Uncle Jesse is ya'll's mentor too, cause I know he's mine. I never said grace at the table til I watched the Dukes' and now I do. I always think of Uncle Jesse when I do or say something wrong, I remember that Uncle Jesse IS watching lol.

That is a great way of putting it Lori. Uncle Jesse is also my mentor. He always knows what is important and what is trivial. His priorities are (in order of importance) Faith, Family, Friends, Farm. When the Dukes first came out, Enos was my favorite character because he is so good-hearted, has such high morals and is so friendly and easy to get along with. Now that I'm a 47 year old grandfather I can see myself relating to Uncle Jesse much more. I also, take very seriously everything he says as great advice for life. It is my hope that someday I will be just like my hero Jesse. If you ever get the chance to hear the Charlie Daniels Band songs "What the World needs is a few more Rednecks" and "Simple Man" these sum up how I feel about life. I think my hero Jesse would agree.

I believe he would too rogerduke, me being a fan of Charlie Daniels myself. and thank ya fer the kind words you sent me in the message ya sent me. Hazzardnet is my family, when my home life gets a little rough on me, but I hold my head up high and get through it. My school life, well no one seems to understand what Im talking about when I say Uncle Jesse said this and that, no one knows I thinks its sad the way some youngins today don't respect their parents or family members. I know I do, i work hard everyday and do what im told to do. with that ya'll take care now.

I believe he would too rogerduke, me being a fan of Charlie Daniels myself. and thank ya fer the kind words you sent me in the message ya sent me. Hazzardnet is my family, when my home life gets a little rough on me, but I hold my head up high and get through it. My school life, well no one seems to understand what Im talking about when I say Uncle Jesse said this and that, no one knows I thinks its sad the way some youngins today don't respect their parents or family members. I know I do, i work hard everyday and do what im told to do. with that ya'll take care now.

I wish I could've met Denver Pyle in Person he was the wisest on of the show. I still want to meet James Best in Person thow.

id agree with ya on that one Julie, Id love to have met Uncle Jesse, id take my hat off to that man (if i wore one lol) I think we should have more people out there like Uncle Jesse who can teach some of us yougind how t' act right sometimes!!!

I had heard from this Mike that I knew and used to talk to on the phone from New Jersey and he said that John's song that he wrote "What Would Grandpa Do" Was actually wrote about Uncle Jesse.

I've never heard that song...but I can see John writing and singing a song about Jesse.

I have to agree with all that has been said about Uncle Jesse - it pretty much describes how I feel about him. He was a great and honorable man who had a great outlook on life with his priorities set right. What good morals - he stands to be a great role model to everyone - I know he is to me.

It will be ten years this Christmas since Denver passed away. :( Y'all believe it? I sure can't. Denver, Sorrell, and Tom are the three main DOH characters that I have yet to meet. Denver and Sorrell I will never have a chance to meet - the two characters that stood to be the wisest and the ones in charge - on both sides. :( I would have loved to meet them both, but especially Denver Pyle. I've always liked him and his character - and all that he stood for as well. Then again, who wouldn't like Uncle Jesse?

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

I've never heard that song...but I can see John writing and singing a song about Jesse.

I have to agree with all that has been said about Uncle Jesse - it pretty much describes how I feel about him. He was a great and honorable man who had a great outlook on life with his priorities set right. What good morals - he stands to be a great role model to everyone - I know he is to me.

It will be ten years this Christmas since Denver passed away. :( Y'all believe it? I sure can't. Denver, Sorrell, and Tom are the three main DOH characters that I have yet to meet. Denver and Sorrell I will never have a chance to meet - the two characters that stood to be the wisest and the ones in charge - on both sides. :( I would have loved to meet them both, but especially Denver Pyle. I've always liked him and his character - and all that he stood for as well. Then again, who wouldn't like Uncle Jesse?

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

I have met John Schneider and Ben Jones, I had seen Tom Wopat at a Autorama way back in 1988 but to shy to talk to him.

I have met John Schneider and Ben Jones, I had seen Tom Wopat at a Autorama way back in 1988 but to shy to talk to him.

shoot son, I wouldn't be too danged shy to walk up to him lol!!! But I would be if Uncle Jesse was still living, cause i look up to him like he was my own grandfather cause he reminds me soo much of my grandpa, in the episode Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke, when Uncle Jesse told Bo to go get Luke Bo said I dont have to do anything, but i will if you want me to Uncle Jesse. Thats how I am with my own grandpa.. I won't do it unless he wants me too. snd now i start to adress him and answer him with a yes'sir now lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I had heard from this Mike that I knew and used to talk to on the phone from New Jersey and he said that John's song that he wrote "What Would Grandpa Do" Was actually wrote about Uncle Jesse.
I wouldn't be surprised if Denver was more like a grandfather than an uncle to John. After all, I was born the same week as John and my grandmother was only a year older than Denver. Of course I suppose it would depend on if John's real-life parents were older or younger when they had him. If they were younger then Denver would have definitely been a grandfather-figure to him.

Thanks for that nice post Garrett. I'm sure Denver is having a Christmas party in Hazzard Heaven today!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Denver was more like a grandfather than an uncle to John. After all, I was born the same week as John and my grandmother was only a year older than Denver. Of course I suppose it would depend on if John's real-life parents were older or younger when they had him. If they were younger then Denver would have definitely been a grandfather-figure to him.

Thanks for that nice post Garrett. I'm sure Denver is having a Christmas party in Hazzard Heaven today!!!

Denver we miss you and well all see you in Heaven some day, have a Merry Christmas Denver