Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori replied,"Checkup!!!!"

BL looked to Lori and stuided her, she was first. The Doc looked to B.L and sighed,"Well if its anything like yer husband was telling me, you have the symptoms of being pregnant!"

B.L almost fell over with an thats impossible look on her face. Lori sat and waited when B.L walked out her eyes was wide and she was mad. Lori knew what kinda face that was she walked over to B.L and smirked,"Keep yer clothes on next time and let him keep his horse in the corral and you wont have that problem."

Lori laughed walking off, she knew she was more thna likely pregnant but it was too good to pass up throwing it in B.L s face. Fer once in her lifetime, BL had nothing to say!!

Lori walked in as thye left, looking to the Doc,"So tell me doc, am I pregnant again or what?"

The doc laughed,"We'll see."

He did the tests and made Lori wait fer about an hour or so. He looked to her with a gruesome face,"Its positive,"

Lori hung her head,"Thanks Doc."

Luke was already home and looking to see were Lori was, when he saw her pull up and climb out running upstairs crying, He looked down and walked up the ladder, going into his and her's room,"Lor, whats wrong??"

Lori glared at Luke! She was glad the boys were at the farm.

Luke asked again, "What is wrong? Shouldn't you be getting ready for the show?"

Lori became ill just thinking of telling Luke. She pushed him back as she ran for the toilet and became suddenly very ill.

Luke could be dense sometimes and after Lori regained some of her composure asked, "What is wrong? Honey talk to me."

"Don't EVER expect me to talk to you ever AGAIN!!!" Lori hissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at Cooters BL was arriving and thinking of how many ways Korad could be killed!

Luke winced at her tone,"Lori honey....."

Lori puked up more,"Dont you honey me!!!!! you...you.... ewwwww!!!!!"

Luke looked down to her, she was crying and pissed off, BAD!

He walked out and it hit him,"LORI?!!!! TELL ME YOU AINT!!!???"

Lori started cussin,"Ya thank??"

Luke swallowed hard and turned to her,"I run out on Dixie, but.....I reckon I got myself into this mess.....with BOTH of you....and Ill get myslef out."

Lori rolled her eyes,"Glad you go this all figured out."

Luke swallowed,"I dont."

Lori stoo dup wiping her mouth,"THIS IS THE SECOND TIME LUKE!!!! THOUGHT YOU'D KNOW BY NOW YOU NEVER EVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH OUT THE LITTLE THING THAT PROTECTS YER "HORSE" FROM CAUSING THE MSS WE'RE IN AGAIN!!!"

Luke looked down and back to her,"YOU RUSHED ME!!!"

Lori laughed"HA!! BLAME IT ON ME WILL YA???!!!!, BOY IM GONNA HAVE YOU FIXED!!"

Luke cupped his hands over his pride and joy and whinig said,"No!!"

Luke looked to Lori and sighed,"Bad as I hate to, im gonna have to... ill leave..."

Loir stopped him id sentence,"Leave? when the going gets tough theLuke gets going huh? ?I see how Dixie felt now!!!"

Lori stomped off inot hers and his bedroom slamming the door! Luke.........

Luke hung his head and said, "Lori, please talk to me!" Luke waited. It seemed like he'd waited for hours. Reality sank in he had 2 five year olds and now two on the WAY!! There was NO way he could support 4 children, a wife and a girlfriend! He hurt! He hurt from his belly button to his privates he HURT! Luke headed towards the garage, "Cooter, I figure Bo'll be lookin' for me. Tell him site 6." Luke knew it had the biggest reserve of shine. Right now all he wanted was out / away from it all!

BL stomped out of the doctor's office getting back in the car Konrad following her at a safe distance he didn't want to get to close in case she decided to let him have it. The ride home was silent BL cussing under her breath the whole way. Dixie would just love this as soon as she found out after what BL had said to her the other day she wouldn't let BL hear the end of it.

Once back at the farm BL still hadn't said a word just got out of the car and stomped toward the house. It wasn't that she didn't want the baby she did but it had ruffled her feathers to know that Lori had been there to rub it in her face. Konrad followed her in the house and asked.

"Are you alright sweetheart?"

BL turned to him her eyes blazing and said through gritted teeth stressing every single syllable.

"No I am not alright and it's your fault!"

Konrad looked at her his mouth falling open then he chuckled and said

"Now sweetheart it takes two to tango and you were willing." that made B.L. even madder she couldn't see straight she was so mad, stomping to their room and slamming the bedroom door shouting

"DON'T GO TO SLEEP KONRAD YOU MIGHT WAKE UP A GELDING!!!"

With those words Konrad slunk out of the house thinking it best to leave her be for a while.

Cooter raised up from under the car's hood that he was working on and said.

"Will do Lucas."

He had heard Lori's threat he was just glad it wasn't him she'd been threatening because she just might go through with it. Cooter was sure glad he didn't have to live with a pregnant woman unknown to him that BL had been to see Doc and she was pregnant too.

Lori wiped her eyes and walked down to the garage to find Cooter there. Luke hadnt even left yet and she was throwing things at him,"GO ON GIT OUTTA HERE!!!! DONT COME BACK TIL YA GOT SENSE IN THAT THICK HEAD OF YERS!!!!!"

Luke winced at the tone doing so he left to head to still sight 6.

Lori looked to Cooter,"Coot, were's he going to?"

Cooter swallowed,"Still site 6, why?"

Lori hung her head,"If he gets too drunk he'll wreck and kill himself."

Cooter looked to her,"Well if I had a pregnant woman ready to castrate me, Id think Id leave for a little bit too."

Bo having like radar senses, could just tell that there was trouble, B.L had told them about seeing Lori at the docs office, Bo knew exactly were he would head.

Bo got in the general and speeded of towards the still site.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Cooter and snorted,"WELL!! HE'LL LEARN!!"

Cooter sighed,"Yea and so will you!! keep yer clothes on and dont tease him!!"

Lori 's mouth dropped,"I resent the fact that you think me as a whore, and I aint!!"

Cooter just shook his head going back to work. Lori thought on it, "Cooter, there aint no way on God's green earth he'll be able to support 4 children a wife and a girlfriend!!"

Cooter looked up,"Yea, I know it, Im helping all I can right now."

Lori sighed,"Bad as I hate to, I can go back to Nashville find some new material to show and make a killing, then i can help Luke... I can send half or all of my money to him."

Cooter sighed,"D'ya think he'd really allow that?"

Lori sighed back,"He'll have to, the money Im making right now, thats helping alot."

Cooter nodded,"Yea reckon it is.."

Lori sighed,"D'ya think I shoulda yelled at him like that?"

Cooter laughed,"Why not you do the rest of us that way!"

Lori laughed, She wasnt going to tell Cooter about B.L just cause she loved her cousin that much, even though they may be a squabbling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo had pulled up to the site seeing Luke there, he climbed out and looked to his cousin going at the shine,"Luke?"

Luke..........

~~~~~~~~

B.L meantime............

Luke looked at Bo with more pain than Bo had seen him in in his life.

Bo had purposely parked the General Lee where Luke couldn't get by him without him moving the General Lee. He walked over and picked up one of several Mason jars setting beside Luke. He took a healthy drink and said, "Cousin I'm listening when your ready to talk."

Luke gave a small laugh to himself, took a large drink of shine, reached in his pocket and handed Bo his keys, then said, "It'll be awhile Bo."

Bo replied, "I got all the time in the world for you cousin. You know that."

Luke replied taking another drink, "Thanks, Bo."

Bo nodded taking a sip of shine. It had been ages since the two of them had nothing more to do than to get really drunk together where there was no one around to start any trouble with them. Bo knew something was wrong but like Luke said it would be awhile before he was ready to talk. He would try to work out whatever it was in his mind before he talked about it.

B.L meanwhile was still in hers and Konrad's room cussing a blue streak an occasional crash heard as she threw whatever was handy at the wall. After a while Konrad peeked in to check on her because things had gotten quiet he'd been able to hear the crashes from the front porch. The minute he cracked the door a shoe came his way.....

"ARGH!!! MEN!" BL screeched as she threw the shoe which narrowly missed Konrad's head as he closed the door back before it hit him.

"B calm down please" came Konrad's muffled reply through the door he wasn't going to chance opening it again and getting beamed upside the head with a lamp or something.

"GO AWAY" another object hit the door......he turned and went back into the livingroom and sank down on the couch to wait for her temper to cool.

B.L calmy set down and for the first time in history or so it would seem, she let a tear slip from her eyes. "Im sorry Konrad, I really am....."

~~~~~

Luke looked to Bo,"Well Bo, Ive got a serious problem, Ive got two five year-olds, and TWO on the way!!"

Luke took another swig of the shine, Bo nodded,"I see, so Lori IS pregnant again."

Luke nodded,"I can't take care of four children a girlfriend and a wife, Bo."

Bo nodded,"Well come back to the farm Dixie'll be happy."

Luke swallowed hard,"It aint that simple Bo, Little Luke's lived without me for 5 years and hasn't gotten to know me, Little Jesse's been with me fer 5 years and HAS gotten to know who his daddy is."

Bo nodded,"And the fact that you DO love Lori has nothing to do with it?"

Luke looked away,"Im sorry Bo, but I...I do love her."

Bo nodded,"I see, well cousin, looks like you do have a situation, you know were homes at and I suggest if you don't want a hard life ahead of you, you bes be comin home here real soon."

Luke looked down,"I want t' come home Bo, but......"

Bo shook his head,"But.but.but.......theres always something stopping you from coming home, first ya say you fell outta place there and now this.."

Luke swallowed down the last of the shine,"Well Bo I DO feel outta place there now, I dont know why, but everytime now that I go by there adn anywhere near there I feel wrong."

Bo got up,"Well ya should!! Look Im sorry cousin but you gotta choose, ti may not be as simple as you'd like it to be but ya have to."

Luke nodded,"I know Bo, I know."

~~~~~~~~~~

Hours had past and Luke still wasn't home, Lori began pacing the garage floor wondering were he was at,"Cooter, what if......"

Cooter let out a loud sigh and walked over to her,"Bo's with him, hes fine honey."

That reassured Lori, knowing his cousin was there for him when she wasn't and should've been, she should've tried talking to him instead of going on one of her famous hormonal rampages. She looked to the clock and sighed,"Duty calls Cooter I gotta go get ready."

Lori walked up taking her a shower and getting ready, she put on a blue dress and her white open toed high heels, the same dress she wore wheh she arrived 5 years ago back in Hazzard. She climbed in driving off. BO and Luke had already drunk theri fair share of the shine and decided to head to the Boar's Nest. When they got there Luke saw Lori's car there and Bo sighed,"You gonna be alright cousin."

Luke nodded, they walked in spotting Lori on stage, she was singing, they walked over to the bar when it suddenly fell quiet, Luke could see Lori on stage looking Like she was going to upchuck everywhere. She started swaying back and forth in her seat, she was getting dizzy again and she was hitting the floor Luke...........

She was hitting the floor, Luke saw it coming. He was suddenly very sober as he reacted. Luke was able to catch her before she hit the floor. He glared at her manager who had been right beside her, where as Luke had been a half a room away. Luke had went under Lori as she fell and was now setting with her in his lap trying to get her awake. She was hot from the lights and the crowd. Luke looked over at Daisy, "Can you get me a cold towel?" Luke started getting Lori cooled off and she began coming around.

Daisy looked at Bo questioning.

Bo just gave her a look and shook his head.

Lori's manager was asking what was wrong with her.

Luke was trying to get where he could stand up and still support Lori's still simi uncouscious body.

Bo seen what he was trying to do and helped support Lori so Luke could get up. When he did he picked Lori up and said, "Let's get you outside and cooled off a bit."

Lori managed to say, "Sick. Hurry!"

Luke knew when she said 'hurry' she meant it. He barely made the door and got her on her unsteady legs when she became very ill.

Her manager came out to see what was wrong.

Luke glared at him. "You saw she was sick! You saw her fall and you let her! You better be doing your job and doing it right or you will deal with ME! Now, go back in there and tell them the show tonight is cancelled."

"Cancelled? I can't do that! Did you see that crowd? She just got too hot." he said.

It was a good thing Lori was a little more steady on her feet now, because Luke let go of her and grabbed the manager pinning him against the outside wall of the Boar's Nest, "No. She's not hot. She's pregnant! And believe me she'll not be able to finish the show now!"

Lori could barely hear what Luke had said when she began to throw up every where. She fell to her knees holding her chest. Luke dropped her manager, great word would be all over the town now and in the press. Luke ran to Lori and rubbed her back softly,"S'ok darlin,"

He pulled her hair away from her eyes and she looked up to him wiping her mouth off. He swallowed hard and prayed to god that this child wouldn't cause her no pain and trouble. Luke picked her up loking to Bo who had followed them out."Im taking her home and putting her to bed, she has t' get some rest."

Bo nodded he walked back in and looked to her band telling them to leave,"Ya'll the shows been cancelled fer tonight, Loris sick and not doin to well so go home and get some rest."

Everyone started booing and shouting. Bo stepped off looking to see Luke pull out in Midnight Rider. The cool wind Blew in Lori's face Luke looked to her and................

~~~~~~~

Lori's manager got a smirk on his face, "Ohhh Boss AND the press will LOVE this one!!"

Luke looked to her and asked, "You feeling any better now?"

Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie decided to call BL. She dialed the number and it rang and rang before it was answered by.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter was pulling up to the Boar's Nest when he was passed by Luke driving Midnight. He saw Bo standing outside the Boar's Nest after parking Cooter walked over to Bo pointing down the road where he'd just came from and asked, "What just happened? I thought you two were staying at the still site tonight."

Bo..................

Lori nodded, sniffling a little she looked to him,"I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Im sorry."

Luke nodded,"S'ok, I can understand, but uhh I......"

Lori stopped him,"I have an idea, I can go back to Nashville and write new material, make a killing, and send you all my money."

Luke shook his head,"No, now that........"

Lori stopped him,"YES IT WILL WORK, NOW DANG IT STOP BEING SOO DERN PERSISTENT AND WANTING TO DO THINGS ON YER OWN, YOU'LL NEED HELP AND I AINT OFFERING IT IM TELLIN YA!!!"

Luke looked to her like she'd grown two heads,"Ok ok just calm down."

They pulled in at the garage and Luke helped her out, she was still weak, he put his arm around her waist, heavig her over his shoulder climbing up. He opened the door and shut it, locking it. He wanted there to be peace and quiet tonight and by heck he was gonna get it. He sat Lori down and walked with her to their room. He walked over taking his clothes off, cept his boxers, setting on the bed. Lori slowly took hers off and put her slip on. She walked over and laid on herleft side facing Luke. He smiled to her laying with her, comforting her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo looked to Cooter,"Lori got sick, and she fainted on stage from overheating. Me and Luke helped her, he took her home. Her manager knows shes pregnant and I believe hes gonna tell the press, if Dixie reads it, she'll hunt Luke down.

Cooter nodded,"I need a beer."

Bo.............

Lori nodded a little and said quietly

"yeah"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie dialed the number and it rang and rang before it was answered by BL as she passed on her way to apologize to Konrad for being so mean to him because Lori had took a dig at her in the Doctor's office when she found out BL was pregnant.

"Hello"

Dixie could tell BL had been crying about something and sounded a little down.

"What's the matter honey? she asked concerned

BL sighed thinking to herself here it came.....

Luke knew Lori meant well really he did but he wouldn't let her support him. As Lori fell asleep Luke was thinking and thinking long and hard about the reality of this situation. He knew what he needed to do though he wasn't looking forward to it. He knew he had to tell Dixie and soon before she found out anywhere else. As much as he wanted to stay right here with Lori he knew he had to get this done. He gently got out of bed and managed to do it without waking Lori, at lest he hoped he had. He walked in the bathroom and dressed. He quietly made his way down to the garage and picked up the phone. The farms number was busy. 'Great! That's all I need.' he thought as he waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~

BL sighed thinking to herself here it came, "Dixie I'm just a little out of sorts tonight."

"Why's that?" Dixie asked.

BL sighed, "I'm pregnant."

"NO!!" Dixie said rather loudly catching Beth's attention. Dixie pointed to the phone and mouthed 'BL', "I don't believe it! You really are pregnant?"

BL smiled a little, "Yeah, at least that's what Doc says."

Dixie felt her slightly growing belly, "If Doc tells you that you are, then believe me you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Dixie was off the phone with BL it rang again. She answered it, "Duke farm."

Luke was silent for a long while before saying really quietly, "Dixie."

"Luke?" Dixie said surprised.

"Can I meet you somewhere?" Luke asked.

"Why?" Dixie asked.

Luke replied, "Because, I need to talk to you and I want to see you. Please, Beth will watch the kids."

Dixie replied, "They are in bed, but I know she will. Where?"

Luke thought about it, "Still site 6 is closest and the easiest to get to for you."

Dixie replied, "Give me a little bit."

Luke nodded as he said, "I'll be waiting."

Dixie didn't have a clue what Luke wanted but if she was going to see him she was at least going to clean up just a bit.

Dixie was cleane up and out the door as quick as lightning.

She pulled up to the site and saw the unpleasent look on Luke's face,"Whats wrong?"

Luke swallowed,"Well.......Lori is uh...Pregnant again."

Dixie saw red,"You mean t' tell me Luke you made me drive ALL this way out here just fer you to tell me that my cousin is pregnant again by YOU!!!"

Luke looked down and swallowed,"Yea well, I can't take care of 4 children, a wife and a girlfriend."

Dixie looked to Luke,"Well then choose, and easy life or a hard life?"

Luke looked to her and shook his head,"i...I... can't do that Dixie."

Dixie rolled her eyes,"Yea Luke you can, either its me and our two kids, or its Lori and ya'lls two kids?"

Luke looked down and ran his fingers through his dark curls,"Dixie d---, Little Luke hasn't had the chance to know me!!! Little Jesse has!!! I love them both with every breath in me, Just Like I love you and..........."

Dixie stopped him,"Me and who?? Lori?"

A tear streaked down her face, Luke didn't notice it as it was dark," Well... I suspect that you'll be wanting more money and I understand that you'll need it, but I be danged to me if I'll help you!!!! It's only gonna get worser fer you two, or should I say FOUR?!!!!"

Luke winced at her tone,"Im sorry Dixie I really am."

Dixie looked down her voice calm and soft,"Im always at the farm if you ever want to come back Luke....goodbye."

Luke swallowed, there she went, the love of his life. But he loved Lori and he couldn't choose between the two of them. Something drew him close to Lori and it wasn't the sex either, something more. But he was also drawn to Dixie, it was her down to earth i aint afraid to kick yer a-- attitude she had.

Luke got back in his vehicle and drove back towards the garage. Dixie drove to the farm and sat at the table. Beth saw the look on her face and went to comfort her,"S'alright Dix," Beth said.

~~~~~~~~

Lori hadn't woken up none, she was out like a light. Luke pulled up, parking the vehicle. He got his keys out and gently walked in, sos not to disturb Lori. He eased in their room and quielty slipped his clothes back off, going and laying down in the bed beside her, thank god she hadn't woken up.

the next morning...................

The next morning BL came into the kitchen getting herself a soda and some saltines looking like something the cat dragged in she'd been up sick off and on all night. Cooter watched her get the soda and crackers then slump down at the table. He knew she'd went to see Doc yesterday about not feeling good lately.

"You alright cuz?" he asked as she opened the soda taking a sip.

Nodding BL smiled a little and looked at Cooter saying.

"Yeah I'm ok, just pregnant."

Cooter went slack jawed, shell shocked his mind racing all three Davenport women pregnant at one time, heaven help Hazzard he thought.

Luke woke up to see the sun shining brightly outside. It was the first time in a long time that he'd not been woken up by the clock or the phone. He watched Lori sleep for awhile. He knew what he'd said to Bo and Dixie last night, but looking at Lori this morning with the image of Dixie walking away last nigth was really bugging him.

Lori turned over opening her eyes and saw him. She instantly turned away from him.

Luke thought for a minute that she just might be sick, "You ok?"

Lori replied, "Oh, so you decided to come back?"

Luke looked at her strangely, "Honey, I came home with ou from the Boar's Nest."

Lori glared, "Yeah, you did."

Luke tried to snuggle closer to her....

Lori got up and stomped off, Luke was shocked at the fact that she walked away from him. He got up and walked over to her,"Whats wrong dar...."

Lori flew mad, Cooter was at the bottom,"YOU STAY THE HE-- AWAY FROM ME, YOU YOU....SORRY LOW LIFE NO COUNT SON OF A B----!!!!!"

Luke had both eyes wide open. She could scare the piss outta the devil if she wanted to.

Lori looked into the kitchen and saw the drawer,"Ill fix this once and fer all!!! by the time i make it to that kitchen drawer yer SORRY A--- HAD BETTERD BE OUTTA HERE AND OUTTA MY FACE!!!!!!!!"

Luke hurridle put his clothes on and ran straight fer Lori who was in the kitchen he picked her up before she had the chance to grab the knife. She hollered out,"SO WHO WAS IT NOW LUKAS WHO'D YOU KNOCK UP THIS TIME?!!!!!"

Luke set her down on the couch towering overtop her,"Now you listen and listen good, I didnt go ut and...."

Lori stood up,"IT WAS B.L WAN'T IT???"

Luke looked to Lori and fell over laughing at her. Lori flew mad and made her way to the kitchen once more,"I'LL SHOW YUO D--- YOU LAUGH AT ME WHEN I CUT YER PRIDE AND JOY SLICK OFF!!!!!!

Luke ran and grabbed the knife outta her hand,"Now listen to me!!! dang it!! i didnt knock up B.L you know she wouldn't allow that Konrad wouldn't either!!! I never left last night, not one time!!!"

Lori turned her head,"Really?? thought I wa asleep when you left, Luke please tell me were did you go last night, please Luke if you do love me then you'll tell me."

Luke.............

Luke bit his lip he hadn't exactly figured out how much he was going to say but in that moment when Lori told him if he loved her he'd tell blew it all.

"I called Dixie last night we met out at still site 6 to talk. All we did was talk honest! I just wanted to talk to her and see her that's all and when I told her you was pregnant again she got mad and left."

Luke looked down sadly he had hoped the meeting would go better than it had. He loved Dixie with everything in him and Little Jesse too but then there was Lori and Little Luke too....

Lori looked at him, "Did you EXPECT her to be over joyed????"

Luke sighed, "No, I just really didn't want her to hear it from someone else."

"You still love her, DON'T YOU?" Lori asked. She knew the answer.

Luke took a deep breath and replied, "With all my heart, but I love you too!"

Lori picked up a glass and threw it at him.

Luke was glad he'd been watching closely and quickly moved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downstairs Cooter had heard teh raised voices and now the crash of glass. He figured it was time to go outside and see how much fuel was in his tanks, clean the lot, or just sat and enjoy his doughnuts adn beer. He had thought maybe Luke would join him, but that didn't sound possible right now.

Luke looked to Lori and swallowed,"Lori its the truth!! do ya think I wouldve came home and stayed with you if I didnt love you?"

Lori had another glass in her hand,'I DONT KNOW YOU COULD BE WITH ME JUST TO USE ME FER MY BODY!!!!!!!"

She chunked the glass at him again, he caught it setting it down, she got a skillet and headed fer him, She raised her amr up to knoeck him over the head,"LORI!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!! QUIT FOR YA HURT YASELF!!!!"

She put downthe skillet and walked away Luke thinking she was done, She picked the glass up and threw it at him again,"Lori I wouldn't use you fer yer body, honey!!! if i wouldve, when you came back do ya think I would STILL be here with you??"

Lori stopped fer a moment and took this into consideration, she ran to the bathroom very ill and puked up again. Luke sighed. relieved he didnt have to dodge any more flying objects. When she walked out Luke...........

Luke went over to Lori putting his hands on her arms rubbing up and down slowly.

"Lori I......."

Lori jerked away from his touch still peeved

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Cooter came back in the garage to get something and heard Lori still sounding like she was in a rant. He went up the inside stairs and found them.

"Hey Lucas why doncha come on down here and help me out fer a while let her cool off."

Luke sighed and nodded following Cooter back down to the garage below....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm BL and Konrad were just leaving to go over to the Duke farm to tell Uncle Jesse the news of their impending little arrival.....

Once in the garage Luke sighed with relief as he reached for a beer, "Thanks Cooter, it was getting bad!"

Cooter said, "I couldn't help but hear."

Luke said in defeat, "You know if it weren't for the boys, I'd go find Sheriff Little and punch him right in the mouth. Figure I'd get about a 2 year vacation for that, huh?"

Cooter put his hand on his brother in laws should, "Yeap, bout that. What is she peeved about now?"

Luke took a long drink of beer, "Well, it either the fact she is pregnant or that fact I went and talked to MY wife last night."

Cooter looked at him in disbelief, "Luke you just don't learn do you?"

Luke looked at Cooter like he had two heads, "Well, tell me oh wise one what's your solution?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Jesse was sipping his coffee on the porch as Dixie came out. He noticed she had toast and tea. "Still getting to you?"

She nodded, "Somedays more that others. Didn't want to push it today with both boys here."