Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

By the time they managed to get out of the shower it was way past the time Dixie usually made Jesse go to bed, but Lori didn't seem concerned about Luke still playing quietly with his toys.

Luke had had a day and a half and was ready for bed himself. "Son, get all these toys up for your Mommy so we can all go to bed."

Little Luke looked confused, "I don't ever pick them up."

"Well, you're gonna start tonight." Luke said.

"Mommy!" Little Luke screamed at the top of his lungs.

Lori stepped out of the bathroom thinking he was hurt. "What?"

Luke was looking at her. "I told him he needed to pick up hs toys. He says he never has to." Luke raised his eyes.

Lori said, "It's faster if I do it."

Luke grinned, "Yes, but he got them out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm Dixie and Beth supported by Bo and Jesse had fed the clan and had them bathed and in bed an hour ago and were now enjoying the peace on the front porch.

Dixie told them about school and little Jesse wanting Luke............

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori said "i don't usually have time to wait on him to dilly dally picking them up so I do it."

Luke sighed frustrated and answered back

"Well how is he ever gonna learn responsibility if you do it for him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie told them about school and little Jesse wanting Luke and how he'd left anyway with a promise to come visit little Jesse. This made all of them a little perturbed that Luke could just leave and go with Lori leaving little Jesse crying for his Daddy. BL had dropped by to ask Dixie how her plan was going and to hear about little Jesse's first day of school she nearly came unglued hearing about school and little Jesse wanting Luke but Luke still left to her that was about the lowest thing he could have done to leave his child crying for him to go with another woman and his other child he barely knew.

Lori smiled to Luke and sighed,"I guess yer right, course im too tired to argue."

Luke nodded looking to Little Luke,"Alright son, pick them up please."

Little Luke resisted to and started throwing a tantrum. Lori flew off the deep end,"Young man!!! do as you are told!!!!!!!!! pick them up and do it now!!!!! you have school tomorrow and if im called down there again tomorrow so help me ill talk yer daddy's belt and whip you MYSLEF!!!! AM I UNDERSTOOD?!"

Luke looked to Lori in shock as if she could really be mean to her child. Little Luke's eyes grew wide as he soflty replied,"Yes'um," and picked them up carrying them to his room. Lori sighed and headed off to her's and Luke's room.Lori lay on her stomach in under the covers burying her head in the pillows, Luke chuckled softly to her kissing her forehead and putting his arm around her throwing the covers over them going to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the farm Dixie wondered if Luke would actually stick to his word and visit Jesse?? it was his son and he did promise him... Just like Lori promised to let little Luke visit uncle jesse, maybe there was an exchange that was to be made between the kids on certain days?

Luke and Lori had just gotten to sleep when the extra loud phone rang. They had split the garage phone line and ran one upstairs. Luke was up and headed towards it as he got his barings, "Hazzard Garage."

The female voice of the Hazzard phone operator was a bit surprised to hear Luke Duke answer the garage phone at this late hour but said, "Luke? Ah, Sheriff Little needs a wrecker out by the County line. I'm not sure what he's got but it may take a coupe trips from the way he's talking."

Luke swore, "Ok, that's on Rt 7 right?" He knew Hazzard and Chichasaw Counties joined on two different roads.

The operator said, "Yeah, sorry. He did say he was on 7."

Luke looked at Lori who had even moved much as he put on his jeans, and boots he leaned over and gentlly woke her a bit, "Listen for the clock. I may not be back by then. Little needs a wrecker."

Lori nodded.

Luke grabbed his shirt and jacket and went to the wrecker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though it was only the second day of school, both Beth and Dixie were glad that it was Friday. Getting six kids out of the house at the same time that ranged from Jr. High to Kindergarden was proven to be a bit difficult but they had managed to get all six on the bus.

Dixie was glad to see the bus leave for once.

Beth said, "Ok now maybe we can get some breakfast."

Dixie looked green at the thought. "Not ME. Not today." She was actually hoping to get in the house to the bathroom before she tossed her cookies.

Beth noticed her walking quicker. She had to grin jut a bit. She wasn't laughing at her friend just glad it wasn't her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the garage the alarm clock had been going off for almost an hour now. Neither Lori or Little Luke moved.

At the garage the alarm had been going off for nearly and hour now. Luke hadn't made it back from the wrecker call for Sheriff Little so wasn't there to wake them. Cooter walked in the garage humming "Camptown Races" when he heard the alarm and shouted up the stairs.

"Lori get up Little Luke's gonna be late for school!"

Lori however was in no mood to get up this morning either and groaned rolling over pulling the cover over her head until it registered the alarm was going off and then she jumped out of bed running to get Little Luke up.

"little Luke wake up ya gonna be late for school."

Little Luke.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie however didn't make it to inside the house and the bathroom before she threw up. Beth went over to her friend holding her hair back from her face while she was sick.

BL pulled up at the farm seeing Dixie bent over in the yard with Beth holding her hair and she got out going to see what was going wrinkling her nose saying.

"Now see this is why I'm not pregnant I don't enjoy tossing my cookies that well to do it everyday."

Beth............

Little Luke rubbed his eyes whined, "I don't want to go. I don't like it there!"

Lori wasn't in any mood to argue with him this morning. "You have to get up and go to school. It's not like going to daycare. You have to go everyday now."

Little Luke pouted, "I don't feel good."

Deep down Lori knew he just didn't want to go to school, but it was Friday. It wouldn't hurt him to miss just one day. She covered him back up and let him go back to sleep. Now she could also go back t bed for awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter heard the clock cut off. He figured Lori was getting Little Luke up. He took a drink of coffee and started his day. He was under the car and up to his elbows when he heard Luke back in with the wrecker about two hours later.

Luke walked inside. "Cooter the wrecker keys are on the bench. I'll grab a shower and be back down. I don't know how Little managed to chase those two cars where he did." Luke said. He went out of the garage and back up the outside stairs.

He saw that Lori had went back to bed after getting little Luke off to school. He went to the shower, never checking to see if she had actually gotten him off to school. It seemed Luke was just a bit to use to the dependablity of Jesse, Beth and Dixie Duke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth glared at BL. It wasn't the time to rub salt in Dixie's wounds. She was pregnant, sick and with Luke being gone it was sure to make her feel even worse. She knew with little Jesse the days Luke was on fire calls were worse for her than when he was home so these days with him being with Lori had to be really bad.

Lori woke up hearing the shower on, she rubbed her eyes and began coughing. Luke was out and in the room wrapped in a towel,"Mornin sunshine, ya feelin alright?"

Lori looked at the floor it was spinning round and round,"No, I aint."

Luke pulled on some work clothes and heard noises coming from Little Luke's bedroom. He opened the door to much to his suprise, his son was still in the bed. Luke walked back into his and lori's bedroom looking to her with a raised eyebrow,"Lor, why aint Little Luke at school?"

Lori looked at Luke and started seeing double vision,"He.....got... sick and didn't feel good,"

Luke shook his head,"Alright I guess"

Luke knew that Little Luke was lying, he'd pulled that stunt one too many times. He walked out and down to were Cooter was. Lori got up and headed for the shower. When she stepped in the water was ice cold,"LUKAS!!!!!!, THIS DANGED WATER IS ICE COLD!!!! S---!!!!!"

Luke jumped and winced at the tone of her voice, Cooter fell over laughing at Lori. Cooter shook his head,"Yep, I lived with that fer many years...."

Luke chuckled and watched the bus drive by, Little Jesse was setting at th window he saw his daddy and started waving vigorously. Luke smiled and waved to him. Lori came down pulling her hair back in a clip, she decided to put shorts on today, as it was going to be hot. Luke looked to her and smiled. Lori rolled out the board on wheels thing and laid down on it scooting in under the car. Luke.............

~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie looked up wiping her mouth off, slowly walking in and relaxing on the couch. Bo looked to Beth and shook his head,"If this plan of Dixie's is spose to work....."

Beth stopped him in mid-sentence,"It IS working, give it time!"

Luke went to work on Elmer Matlock's car that needed an oil change he would be by to pick it up in a little while. The garage was relatively quiet except for the clanking of tools as the two Davenport cousins and Luke worked on the cars that was there.

Little Luke in the meantime had woke up again and was sitting in his bedroom floor playing with his toys glad his Mama hadn't made him go to school today. He really didn't like that place one bit. He would have been down in the garage pestering the adults to let him help them work on cars if he'd known his Daddy was down there....

Beth stopped him in mid sentence "It IS working just give it time."

BL feeling a little irritable and like she was coming down with something muttered.

"If it is working then how come Luke still ain't here with is wife."

Little Luke got a big grin on his face and decided to go down anyways, being as sneaky as he was, he stopped at the door and giggled, he could pull it off if he wanted to, He began to scream and cry like he was being beat to death. Lori jolted up hitting her head on the parts that ran in under the vehicle, She squealed out,"D---!!!!!"

Luke pulled her out from in under there, oil smudged all over her face, Lori raised up holding her head,"WHAT SON, WHAT'S WRONG?!"

Lori said runninf over to the ladder climbing up to were he was, Little Luke gave way and began laughing... school hadn't really had a chnce to start yet Lori flew mad. AHHHH, thinks its funny? well try this on fer size, go to yer room and get ready, ILL TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL MYSELF!"

Little Luke did cry like he was being beat to eath now, Lori rolled her eyes and climbed on up picking him up and carrying him to his bedroom, and putting on his clothes. He puckered his lips and walked down the back stairs stomping to Midnight Rider, Lori smirked at him and looked to Luke,"Be right back ya'll."

Luke bit back a laugh as did Cooter.

~~~~~~~~~

Beth looked to B.L,"Well I aint quiet figured that out yet."

Beth had an idea,"Hey Dix, why dont you call Luke and ask him if he wants to take Little Jesse on a fishing trip, maybe go and get him from school?"

Dixie nodded,"Sounds good, maybe Bo should call though."

Bo nodded doing so.......

Luke heard the phone rang and on insitnct went and answered it,"Hazzard Garage?"

Bo said, "Say, Luke, Dixie isn't feeling well today and wanted to know if you wanted to get Jesse at school for the night. Maybe you can take him fishing or something."

Luke asked with concern, "Is she Ok?"

"Yeah, you know just one of her bad days." Bo explained.

The chance to spend time with both boys sounded good to Luke. He knew he was on call for the SmokeJumpers as well as for the wrecker. He also knew Lori had to sing at the Boar's Nest tonight.

Lori heard the concern in Luke's voice, she knew who it had been. she smiled to herself asking Luke,"Dix alright?"

Luke sighed again,"Yea, she wants me to spend time with Little Jesse, and I can't because You have yer show, then theres the wrecker, and if they call from work..."

Lori laughed to herself,"You forgettin my last name?? Im a Davenport, Luke, I can handle the wrecker and play a thousand shows in one night!!"

Luke chuckled at her and smiled,"You'd do that? you can take the wrecker and....."

Lori rolled her eyes going back to work on the car, laughing away. Luke went back to work, dreading the departure from his son, when the time came.

~~~~~~~~~

Bo told Dixie and Dixie smiled to herslef she knew Luke would, and she was glad too. "Didnt you ask if Little Luke wanted to come and visit?"

Bo shook his head,"Figured if he really wanted to he'd been beggin to so I diidnt."

Dixie nodded.

Dixie nodded, "Are you going to town anytime today?"

Bo replied, "Yeah, I have to go in a bit actually."

Dixie said, "I'll pack some play clothes and PJ's for Jesse. You can mention that if Luke wants to come spend the night with Jesse sometimes that he can."

Bo nodded, "I will."

When Dixie got up she was still a bit dizzy and light headed from being ill earlier. She stopped and held on to the couch.

Beth saw her, "Stop right there and set back down. I'll get somethings together for you."

Dixie started walking suddenly towards the bathroom. "Had to get up anyway!"

BL rolled her eyes, "I think ya'll just get sick because you know you're suppose to."

Beth glared, "Coming from the Mother of five. He-- no I didn't get sick for the fun of it!"

Bo had to laugh at the three.

Beth had hurridly went into the boys' room and packed things up for Little Jesse. When she came out Bo was at the door and ready. Beth handed him the things and Bo took off.

~~~~~~

the time came fer luke to go and get his boys.He looked to Lori and kissed her ontop of the head,"See ya when I get back tonight with the boys."

Lori smiled and waved to him, she was writing a new song. she got frustrated and broke her pencil throwing the wades of paper in the trash can. Luke pulled out and headed for the school. When he arrived Little Jesse and Little Luke were both outside and waiting, when Little Jesse saw his daddy he ran straight to him hugging him,"Well howdy there boys, ready to go fishin?"

Luke asked them looking to Little Luke who had a frown on his face, looked up and weakily smiled to his father,"Yes'sir im ready."

Luke looked to him and frowned. He took hold of the backs of their shirts helping them in the vehicle. When he drove off towards the lake he looked to Little Luke and asked.........

~~~~~~

Bo arrived at the garage,Cooter had went on call, Bo looked around and sighed,"Hey Lori, heres Little Jesse's things."

Lori looked up and smiled, nodding. She went back to study on her papers, "Ohh yea Dixie said that if Luke wanted to come and spend the night with Little Jesse he could," Bo said walking off. Lori smirked,"i'll tell him."

Lori...........

Lori was trying to be good. But, it really burnt her to think of Dixie watching Little Luke. She glanced at the time, "Ah, Cooter I got to go get ready for tonight." She was actually glad to have the apartment pretty much to herself with only the guys below her. She couldn't place why but she just didn't feel herself. Maybe it was teh staying out late and getting up early that was getting to her. Plus it had been years since she'd helped in the garage as an everyday thing. Maybe a hot shower would help her fee herself for the show she was blackmailed into doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo saw Lori leave and came back, "Hey Cooter. How goes it?" he nodded upstairs.

Cooter said, "Hey, now I ain't no snitch."

Bo acted hurt.

Cooter grinned, "Little Luke was late for schol today. Told Lori he was sick. Had Luke not came in with the wrecker and found him home playing he likely wouldn't have went to school. I hollered and told Lori to get up. I thought she did when I heard the clock cut off.

Bo grinned, thinking that 'Luke had a lot to adjust to without the entire family keeping an eye on all the kids like at the farm.' He said, "Thanks Coot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke................

Cooter grinned,"Uh huh."

Lori meantime, was relaxing and taking her time in the shower. She just didn't feel right today. She got out and dried off, getting out she went to hers and Luke's room and began to get dressed. She wore, this time, a pair of jeans and a pink low cut tank-top. she wore her jacket over it and left her hair hanging loose. She walked down the back way sighing and climbing in Midnight Rider.

~~~

Bo had went home and told them what had happened this morning and they all fell over laughing.

~~~~~~

Luke got all the things out setting down by the lake,"Luke, you wanna tell me whats going on??"

Little Luke looked up to his daddy,"Nothing Daddy, I just....everyone in my class has a brother or sister, and I don't, I feel left out."

Little Jesse looked to him and smiled,"Im yer bro-ver!"

Little Luke smiled,"Yea but you don't live with me."

Luke looked to his sons,"Well boys, theres this thing called the birds and the bees......"

Luke began to tell them. figuring they needed to know someday.

~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled in at the Boar's Nest, 5 mintues til she went on. She walked in and put on a smile walking up stage.

~~

Luke had took the boys home, he found a note on the kitchen table,"Luke, Gone to the show be back tonight as soon as I can, gotta go honey, bye! xo-Lori"

Luke smiled to himself. He took Little Jesse and Luke into the bathroom to clean them up, when they were done Luke took them in to the kitchen and fixed them a late night snack, it was 12:00 a.m and Lori still wasn't home, Little Luke, after he ate, yawned and looked to his daddy,"Papa weres mommy at?? I miss her!"

Luke smiled,"She'll be home, shes doing her job right now."

Little Luke whimpered and went to his room, his head hung low. Little Jesse smiled to his daddy,"Ill go cheer him up!!"

Luke smiled,"Ok son, why dont ya ust go to bed, Ill be in there in amintue."

Little Jesse nodded and walke din there. 5 mintues later Luke looked in there and both were asleep. He smiled and went to his little recliner in the living area. He sat and waited on Lori, another hour passed and he began to worry, he went and laid down.

~~~~~~~~

Lori meantime was on her way home, fast as she could. When she pulled up to the garage she knew she'd get accused of something. She walked through the back and sneezed, Luke, from being in the marines heard her and got up. Lori quielty shut the door, locking it. Luke rolled over and got out of bed in his boxers. When Lori turned around andsaw him she nearly jumped 10 feet.

"You scared me!!"

"Well, encores apparently??" Luke asked.

"Yea, Hogg wanted me to stay, I had t' help clean up too!, go tpaid extra though."

Luke smiled to her,"Well c'mon, lets go to bed and get some shut eye."

Lori nodded and walked over to him, giving him a peck on the lips, looking into Littlr Luke's bedroom, she smiled and walked into hers and Luke's bedroom, She changed into her slip, crawling in the bed. Luke instantly put his arm around her kissing the back of her neck saying,"I love you."

Lori.........

Luke didn't answer Lori however except for a soft snore he'd fallen asleep from the long hard day he'd had with it's early start this morning with the wrecker call for Sheriff Little.

BL was not having a good morning she felt terrible after peeing she had started to throw up and hadn't stopped for the last five minutes. Konrad wandered into the bathroom hearing her throw up and knelt down beside her holding back her hair.

"You alright darlin?" he asked tenderly. BL shook her head and then threw up again from the motion. The room swam and tilted crazily.

"I don't feel so good think I'll go back to bed."

Standing up BL's legs wobbled as the room spun, Konrad catching her before she fell picked her up and carried her back to the bed bringing her a cold wash cloth to put on her forehead. Once she was settled he went to the kitchen to find her something to settle her stomach.

Back at the Duke farm............

Lori awoke to find Luke already down and working on the vehicle. she easily climbed own as it was early that morning, the boys were still in the bed,"Luke, I uhh gotta sk ya something??"

Luke looked up wiping the tool off,"Yea?"

Lori kinda had trouble saying it,"Last night...whenwe laid down...you told me...you...uh...loved me?"

Luke looked up,"And yea I did, I meant it, it wasn't a mistake why?"

Loir shrugged smiling,"I just thought that you might have let it slip or something."

Luke looked to her confused,"No..."

Lori sighed.....................

Lori sighed, "Just checking is all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bl looked at what Konrad had brought her to 'settle' her stomach. She promtly grabbed her mouth and flew to the bathroom!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter looked to Korad.............

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Dixie was sure glad that Luke (or anyone) had the boys. She wasn't sure she could face a breakfast table.............................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was then that Little Luke and Jesse woke up full of energy and ready for the DAY!!!!!!!!

Cooter looked at Konrad with raised eyebrows as BL fled to the bathroom. Wondering if she was coming down with something. Konrad shook his head and followed BL to make sure she was ok he could hear her being violently sick before he ever reached the bathroom door. Going in he held her hair back until she managed to get stomach under control then helped her up so she could rinse out her mouth.

The next morning Dixie was sure glad that Luke (or anyone) had the boys. She wasn't sure she could face a breakfast table. Jumping up she ran to the bathroom getting sick.

It was then that Little Luke and Jesse woke up and ready for the DAY! They came bounding down into the garage and asked Luke excitedly.....

Little Luke looked up to his mommy,"MOMMY!!! YER HOME!!!!"

Lori bent down and picked up Little Luke, hugging him closley,"Mommy's sorry I didnt make it home in enough time baby."

Little Jesse tried to peek over th car,"Daddy!!!! what are we doing today??!!"

Lori smiled,"Hows bout ya'll go on another fishing trip, and later tonight or something we'll take Little Jesse here home, I know Dixie prolly wouldnt wont him gone too much."

Luke nodded,"Little Luke looked to his mommy,"Will you go Mommy??"

Lori chuckled softly,"No honey, mommy has o stay here and take calls fer the wrecker."

Little Luke began to pout a little as Lori set him down. Luke looked to him not telling Lori what he had asked him. As he saw the two go back upstairs Luke looked to Lori and began,"Yea well, Little Luke's lonely, says he wants a baby brother or sister?"

Lori's eyes go tbig and she dropped her tools,"Yer kiddin?""

Luke shook his head. Lori sighed walking back up,"Boys get ready, Daddy's gonna take ya'll alittle sooner than he expected. Luke looked concerned at Lori. Loir had been throwing up this morning.Luke must not have heard her. Loir bought figured she was again, praying she wasn't. Little luke and Little jesse were ready in a split second, Luke loaded up the things and was still bumfazzled at Lori's decision. H elooked to her telling her good bye kissing her on the forehead.Soon as Luke was out of sight she called the Doc's office to make an appointment.

Lori almost begged, "Doc,I know yo only see afew patients today but can you see ME?"

Doc asked, "Well, what seems to be your problem?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke went to the farm, thought he dreaded it. He took both boys with Little Jesse's bag that Beth had packed for him.

Bo met him in the yard, "Hey Luke. So you're gonna let Luke stay with us?"

Luke replied, "Ah, ........... yeah. Hey is Dixie OK?"

Bo lied, "Yeah, like I told you just a bad day yesturday."

Luke nodded. He watched the boys scamper off, "You'll bring Luke home tomorrow? I feel out of place here."

Bo replied, ...............

Bo replied,"Out of place?? luke this is yer home too, you shouldnt FEEL outta place?

Luke looked around,"Well yea I do FEEL outta place, im sorry Bo I gotta go."

Bo kicked dirt around,"Dang you Luke!!, yea ill brung him home tomorrow!"

Bo turned around swiflty and walked to the porch, watching the boys run around. Dixie heard the commotion,"Bo??"

Bo threw his hand up in the air,"Let it go Dixie, Lukes already got me mad

!!!! says he feels out of place being here!!"

Dixie sighed,"May be my plan aint working" she thought to herself. She shook her head, course it was working she couldnt be soo silly.

~~~~~~~~~

Lori had told the Doc and he nodded to himself,"C'mon in for a visit then, i can schedule ya in."

Lori said ok and hung up, pulling her coat on, she climbed into the Midnight Rider and took off, knowing that shed could be reached if she needed to tow someone. She arrived at the docs office walking in.............