Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Lori quickyl came back to concious andstopped B.L'S face from blooding her face anymore. She quickly reacted and twisted her arm back bringing her to the ground, Lori straddled B.L cussing her every breath...."Wasnt MY fault!!! he wanted .....to .........too!!!!! you little..........ill kill you!!!!!!!!"

B.L quickly go tup, both of them going after each other Bo stepped in pulling B.L away, Uncle Jesse taking Lori ou tto the barn to talk to her.

Bo, tried to calm B.L down as it did alittle bit of good, whn Bo heard the Luke had wanted to do it too it really got to him.

Uncle Jesse looked to Lori,"Please tell me you and luke didnt??"

Lori looked away wiping the blood away from her face,"Im sorry unlce Jesse.... We did............. but Uncle Jesse.........He wanted to too..........I egged it on though.......we started talking about the past to Little Luke and me and him.........yea you know.............."

Uncle Jesse hung hs head in shame,"Loren, Im sorry, I thought I raised ya'll better?? Luke knows thats committing adultery, worst of all you do too!!"

Lori looked down to her shaking hands,"I know it Uncle Jesse, but.....ohhh God!"

Unlce Jesse walked out with her looking down at the ground, B.L had cooled down enough but when she saw Lori she instantly flew mad again, Unlce Jesse looked to B.L,"B.L dont you dare say nothing to Lori, let her learn on her own, as shes caused enough trouble, same as luke."

Lori swallowed as B.L looked to Uncle Jesse,"Yes sir!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Luke was with Dixie...........

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke looked at Dixie and ever so quietly said, "I'll leave if you want me to."

When Dixie looked up at Luke she had tears in her eyes and said just a quietly, "Sure, go be with your girlfriend and son. Leave the three of us setting here?"

Luke knew when she got quiet he was in serious trouble. She had ended with a question, but right now had no answers.

Dixie turned away from Luke thinking before she spoke again, with her back still to him she swore, "I'm not a high maitanence person, Luke, you know that, but if you think you are paying child support now, ......... I PROMISE you that you won't be able to even charge a beer at the Boar's Nest, you'll be so broke."

Luke reached with his right hand in his back pocket tossing his wallet and check book on the bed. "Dix if I loose you over this I really won't care. The trucks still running in the yard, you can have it too."

"It not that easy Luke." Dixie said where he could barely hear her. She turned to him and said through gritted teeth, "I never said I WANTED YOU TO LEAVE, DA-- IT TO HE--!!!! LUKE! I don't know what I want!" she suddenly got very loud. "I don't even know IF I want this baby. You SURE AS HE-- act like you DON'T!!! You won't even talk to ME ABOUT IT!" She picked up a glass from the hight stand and threw it just missing Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone outside heard the glass shadder.

Lori looked in through the house and heard the shatter, she squeezed her eyes shut and swallowed realllly hard, Luke wasn't leaving but she sures to heck was, she wasn't about to stay were she now knew she wasn't wanted, she slowly backed away and ran fer Midnight Rider, climbing in B.L tried and chased her but Lori was done and gone down the driveway and headed towards Cooter's, Lori hurried as quick as she could. When she arrived she saw Cooter on the porch with a frying pan. Lori swallowed and made a high dive for the porch ducking in under Cooter grabbing up Jesse Lukas, Cooter stopped her,"WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU EVER, AND I MEAN EVER DO THAT TO YER COUSIN?!!!!!"

Lori swallowed, Little Luke had told Cooter and now Cooter was pissed, extremely.

Lori dove in under hima gain,"Dont you worry none, Im leaving and I aint coming back, this time im serious too!!"

Cooter looked to Lori and...........

~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Dixie and sighed,"Dix.....Ive already got TWO kids!! Its no tthat I dont want the baby, its just...its HARD!!!!!

Dixie shot him a look and threw a picture of him and her together and luke missed it, she cried,"LIKE ITS HARD TO FIND OUT THAT YOU SLEPT WITH MY COUSIN, MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD!!!"

Luke...............

Luke just stood there listening to Dixie he knew he'd messed up but there was no turning back he couldn't change it all he could do now was repent for his sins.

"I'm sorry Dix you'll never know how sorry I am."

BL had chased Midnight Rider to the end of the driveway throwing rocks and screaming cuss words at the top of her lungs. Then she turned walking back to where Bo and Uncle Jesse were.

"BL that's enough."

Jesse spoke gently but firmly when Lori was gone.

Jesse heard the second crash in the house. He was wise enough to let them fight their own battle. He had already sent Bo, Jr. to take little Jesse out to see the pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke replied, "Honey, you know what I used to be like and I SWEAR I have NEVER EVER,....... not since before we were married."

Dixie screamed, "NOT SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU SCREWED MY COUSIN?????"

Luke hung his head.

"I could have gotten a job. Made it on MY own but now I'm KNOCKED UP by YOU! I can see me in a waitress outfit in another two months! He-- give it four I'll be lucky to see MY FEET!"

Luke................

Luke covered his face dragging his hands down it slowly. With a deep sigh he sat on the bed he didn't know what to say to that everything Dixie was saying was true and he deserved all he was getting and more.

Out in the yard Jesse was waiting for the 'strom' to be over inside the house while BL paced around trying to cool her temper. Bo didn't quite know what to do on one hand he wanted to try and help Luke out of this mess but on the other he was mad at Luke for doing this to Dixie.

Dixie looked to Luke and said,"I hope you were more careful this TIME!!!"

Luke looked up to her,"Well yes we were."

That put Dixie's mind at ease a little, she was still flaming mad but she did calm down a little,"Luke, maybe we need time apart to think things over....its either me or her....you gotta choose."

Luke swallowed,"You........you in a heartbeat."

Dixie sighed,"Luke, can I trust you??"

Luke sighed and looked down,"Me you can, I will admit that I did do it with herm but she did egg it on though, I know I should've stopped."

Dixie groaned,"Luke.......I love my cousin and you with all my heart I truley do, I just don't know if I can trust ya or not."

Luke sighed packing his things,"Ill leave and give ya some time to think it over."

Dixie nodded.

A few mintures later Luke walked out with his things looking to everyone,"Im going to leave for awhile and give her some time, same as me."

Bo ran his hand down the side of his face walking in. B.L was ragingly furious. Luke looked to her,"B.L don't start with Lori, please for this family's sake, don't. It was just as much my fault as it was hers, don't go blaming everything on her."

B.L snorted and walked in, Uncle Jesse looked to Luke,"Tell me you know what yer doing NOW??"

Luke swallowed,"Yes sir, I do."

with that Luke got in his truck and pulled out heading towards the boars nest.

When he arrived there he saw Cooter and Cooter made a bee-line dive for him,"Now Cooter, beofre you go hitting me please hear my side of the stroy."

Cooter stopped and thought he sat down buying Luke a beer and Luke began...........

Luke began after just setting still for several minutes without saying anything. Then he said with a far off look in his eyes. One that Cooter had only seen on Luke when he was talking about being in Vietnam, "I knew I should have never went where she wanted to go talk. I knew it! And I be da-- if I didn't do it anyway. I knew what would happen." he said quietly. Then continued a little louder, "I knew, but I went anyway. I knew when I called you and picked up the truck I was wrong. DEAD wrong but I did it anyway. Cooter I knew what would happen!" Luke sipped his beer, "I swear I have never even thought about going out on Dix. You know she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and she has never thrown up Little Luke or the child support." Luke sighed then sipped his beer. "Cooter, Dix is pregnant for sure."

Cooter.................

Cooter chocked on his beer a little and looked to Luke,"What?? and you mean Lori still........"

Cooter's voice trailed off,"Yea well Shes leaving again and I ain't stopping her...I gotta ask ya though Luke, why? why did you go with Lori in the beginning, you could've stopped her from going there, but why??"

Luke hung his head,"Well Cooter........

~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile was on the roads with Little Luke going to her father's house.

When they arrived her father walked out and snorted at her,"Ya know once one Davenport screws up, the entire clan knows?"

Lori looked to him in shock,"How'd you........"

"Cooter called me, Loren Davenport, why?? of all days?? why?? you know what today is??????!!"

Lori began to let tears swell up in her eyes,"HOW CAN I FORGET!!! 3 YEARS OLD WITHOUT A MOTHER?!!!!!!"

Bobbie Lee smiled,"But you do have her temper though."

Lori looked to him,"TOOO bad I aint never like her though."

Bobbie Lee looked to her,"What are ya wanting Darlin?"

Lori smiled,"Aplace to stay till the judge comes to town and i can have bond set and I can leave then."

Bobbie Lee nodded looking to Little luke,"Whos this littel feller?"

Lori smiled,"Yer grandson, Jesse Lukas Duke."

Bobbie Lee smiled tussling his hair around.

Lori unpacked their things walking into her mother'd house the memories flowing back to her.

Luke hung his head,"Well Cooter, He-- I don't know!"

Cooter replied, "Can ya do just a little better than that Luke?"

Luke sighed, "I knew Dixie could be pregnant. You know when Lori got here and had Little Luke with her? Well, all I could do was look at him.He looks so much like (little) Jesse and me it wasn't even funny." he sighed, "Dixie had made an appointment with Doc which she practically bregged me to go to for that very day."

Cooter nodded.

Luke continued, "I knew she could be. He--, likely was. I've busted my tail at work and on the farm to get her and little Jesse everthing they need and somethings I know they want. But, I have also paid Lori EVERY payday what was set for little Luke." He took a drink of beer and looked at his life long friend, "Coot, I just don't know if I can stretch a dollar THAT far." He was silent for several seconds before saying, "Then, Lori slinks IN!"

Cooter just looked at his friend, his brother in law, his BROTHER! "Yeah?"

Luke shook his head, "I don't know. Maybe it was being with the same woman for five years. Maybe it is the added pressure of having another child. Maybe it's a mid-life crises! He-- I just don't KNOW anymore!" Luke said a bit agitated.

Cooter asked, "So what are you gonna do?"

"I told Dixie, Jesse and Bo I was gonna leave. I gotta place to stay with as much overtime as I can stand. I guess I'll just go to Base Camp and stay there. I just need away from them both and clear my head. Hopefully Dixie will cool down where she's not throwing thinggs at me!"

Cooter asked, "Throwing things?" he signed, "Luke if she's mad enough to throw things she HOT!"

"Yeah, I know! She was coming da-- close to hitting me too!" Luke added.

Cooter laughed!

Luke said, "I should have brought the General Lee. Should have given her the truck too. I gave he my wallet and checkbook."

Cooter asked, "Ya did."

"Yeah, I just don't care. Cooter I love Dixie and don't want to loose her, but I think I've done it this time." Luke declared.

Cooter had an idea, "Say, if you want to stay somewhere free for as long as ya need to, it ain't much but what about above the garage? If ya want you can even drive the wrecker some like old times."

Luke said, "Really? You'd do that for me?"

Cooter replied, "Absolutely! Just stay away from Lori until you figure this out, huh?"

Luke replied, "Yeah! Just don't tell either one of them I'm there. Jesse or Bo either for a few days?"

Cooter replied, "I won't say a word but Luke ya know Hazzard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Bo was...............

Meanwhile Bo was pacing back and forth Beth watching him closely,"Honey, relax, Luke'll figure things out. Let him work this out."

Bo nodded relaxing beside her. listenind to Dixie in her and Luke's room.

~~~~~~~

Luke had drove to Cooter's Garage with Cooter following in behind him, he looked to Bobbie Lee's house and saw Lori's car. great thats all he needed her dad in on things, he shook his head and drove on.

Arriving at the garage he put all of his things up top, patting Cooter on the shoulder. Cooter nodded letting him have a warning of what he was going to do, call Lori, Luke sighed and climbed up out of sight. Cooter called getting ahold of Lori, she sighed getting in taking Little Luke with her.

When she arrived Little Luke walked over to Cooter's desk and sat in the chair falling back against the back of it yawning, Luke could see from the top and smiled to his son.

Lori sighed to Cooter,"Whats it gonna be this time? a wrench up side the head??!!"

Cooter sighed,"Keep it up and it will be NO it aint, I just wanna know why you did it?"

Lori sighed,"I knew you'd ask that, well we started talking about highschool, god knows I love him Coot, and I thought of all the times we missed out on and I never thought, I knew I shouldnt have went to the rock, I knew that was mine and his spot, you've caught us enough to know too!!"

Cooter half smirked,"Well It twirnt my fault!!"

Lori laughed,"Yea uh huh. but I just I dont know Cooter, I never stopped loving him since then!!!"

Little Luke looked to his mom,"Mommy, where did daddy go?? I want to talk to daddy....I want ym daddy!!!!"

Lori shook her head,"Well im sorry honey, me and yer daddy made a BIGGGGGG boo-boo and hes gone same as me and you are staying with yer grandpa."

Cooter shook hi shead,"Just let Luke be fer a couple of days honey and let him be."

Lori nodded,"I will cousin."

she took little Luke in he rarms as he cried for his daddy," Cooter fi you see Luke though tell him Little Luke loves him, as he may already know."

Lori put her tiredsome son in th ecar and pulled out to go back home.

Luke climed down and...........

Luke climbed down and said, "That hurt."

Cooter replied, "Yeah, I was expecting ya to drop down any second."

"I wanted to. I really did, but I'm not thinking clearly and I know it." Luke said.

Cooter replied, "Well I'm outta here. Trucks covered. Frig is full. Stay outta trouble til in the morning at least!"

Luke laughed, "Thanks Cooter! I mean that, I really do!"

Cooter shut the garage doors. Luke sat there for hours on in thinking, Lori was right, he;d never gave her a chance, but he did love dixie, lori too. Luke picked the phone up and dialed Bobbie Lee's number when Lori answered Luke told her,"Lori I love you....no I iant drunk either, least not yet anyways, I want to spend some time with you, why dont you come over to Cooter's Garage and talk to me fer awhile, Im confused, hurting, and Im needing a woman's touch."

Lori shook her head,"Luke, with all thats going on.....d'ya think its wise?"

Luke nodded,"I do, Lor you wanted to start a family with me since we were in highschool, why not now?"

Lori sihged,"You and Dixie."

Luke sighed back,"We'll worry with that in the mornin' do you want to come over or not?"

Lori nodded,"Ill be there."

she hung up putting on her jeans and a tank top telling her dad who was tucking Little Luke in to bed that she'll be back.

When she arrived there she opened the door and whispered softly,"Luke??"

Luke stood up and smiled, he turned a lamp on and motioned her to come over there. Lori walked over to him and smiled,"Luke, if someone catches us....."

He put his fingers over her lips, cupping her face in his hands to gentyl kiss her. he lead her up to the top, to were his small bed was, they rolled around in the hay for awhile, luke drunk, Lori having fun, neither one of them using ANY protection.

After several hours Lori had fallen asleep beside of him, He liked the feel of a woman's body pressed against his in under the covers, he thought of Dixie but he also thought of Lori, he just couldnt make his mind up.

It was the crack of dawn and Lori had realized shed stayed out too long, she hurridley put her clothes on and brushed her hair back beofre cooter could get there,Luke woke up and grabbe dher by the waist pulling her to him,"Were you going??'

Lori smiled,"Home to Little Luke sos he dont think domething bad bout his mama. And my father will absolutley kill me!!"

Luke laughed and sighed kissing her cheek,"Ok, see ya some other time then??"

Lori nodded,"Yea," as she headed out to her car notcing Cooter driving up, SHe hurridley climbed in and sped off cooter catching a glimpse of her. He walked into the garage and holered to Luke................

"Lucas?" Cooter called.

Luke was still laying on the bed. He sleepily said, "Ah, yeah?"

Cooter called upstairs, "I have doughnuts. Any beer left?"

Luke replied, "Yeah, a few."

Considering the frig had been wall to wall beer, the dent Luke and Lori put into it didn't phase Cooter. But he figured either Luke was really drunk or he had help. Help by the name of one Lori Davenport. He shook his head.

Luke had no clue Cooter saw, or thought he saw Lori, leaving. So he dressed in his jeans and boots. Flipped his shirt over his shoulder and came down the inside ladder. There were outside steps too but they were not often used. Luke grabbed a beer and doughnut like it was a normal Saturday morning and nothing had happened, but it wasn't Saturday and something had happened or Luke wouldn't have been here in the first place.

Cooter tested the waters, "Quiet night?"

Luke looked away.

That told Cooter that he had been right. He had to voice an opinion here, "Luke, we've been friends. More than friends for longer than I can remember. I offered you a place to stay where you'd still be in the county and it be free, but dang it! Luke! I'm in the MIDDLE here. You are cheating on MY SISTER with MY COUSIN! Now, just how am I supposed to take sides here or NOT take sides?? What am I supposed to do call before I show up? Maybe wear blinders? You tell me!?"

Luke sighed, "I'm sorry Cooter. Guess you saw Lori leavin'?"

Cooter nodded, 'yes', "Like I could miss Midnight or the General Lee blindfolded?"

Luke said, "Cooter I'm sorry that I have put you into this. I should have went on to Base Camp."

"Now, Luke, wait a minute. I put myself in this as much as you did. I offered the room upstairs. It's yours! I won't go back on my word. What you do there is your business. My mouth is closed. But, can ya'll be a bit more un-noticed? Dixie is my sister and, DA--! I got to look her in the face!" Cooter pleaded his case.

Luke swore, "Sh--! Cooter, I'm sorry. I really am. I've put you in the middle and I am Sorry! The more I thought, the more I drank and ..."

"You called Lori?" Cooter asked.

"Yeah....." Luke said after a Long pause, "I did!" Luke finished the beer he'd just opened in one drink, "Do you have a loaner that I can borrow? Rent?"

Cooter replied, "Luke you have your truck."

Luke shook his head 'no'. He took as much pride in that truck as he did the General Lee. "I'd like you to drop it at the farm or have Dixie come get it."

Cooter replied in disbelief, "Luke with everything else, you have worked your A-- off to get that truck!"

"And, it's paid for. Take it to or have Dixie pick it up." Luke said as he walked to the phone. "Hey, Base Camp! This is Duke. You need help? Any help, you call me. Anytime, anywhere!"

Cooter hear only Lukes' side of the conversation.

Luke added, "I think I'll need all the 'OT' you got!"

Unknown to the two men in the Garage BL had pulled up needing to borrow something but when she had heard what was being said inside she had stayed outside listening. Now that Luke was on the phone though she stomped inside her eyes blazing,picking up the nearest tool which happened to be a hammer.

"Lucas Duke you two timing low down dirty son of a gun I'll bash your brains in for doing this to Dixie. Then I'm gonna kill that snake of a cousin!"

BL screeched as Luke hung up the phone making her way toward him the hammer raised ready to knock him for a loop only she never made it to him. Cooter grabbed his enraged cousin around the waist to stop her advance on Luke.

"Now BL this ain't our fight so ya just stay out of it. And ya best leave Lori alone!"

BL struggled trying to get loose from Cooter all but hitting HIM with the hammer she was kicking and biting though as she fought.

"BL STOP IT THIS INSTANT"

Cooter said loudly as wrenched the hammer from BL's hand.

"BL I....."

Luke started to say but was cut of by BL yelling at him.

"SAVE IT LUCAS I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING YOU'VE GOT TO SAY!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Dixie was still in hers and Luke's room......

Back at the farm Dixie was still in hers and Luke's room. She was trying to get herself together to face the Dukes as well as little Jesse. Daisy came by shortly after Luke left and told her Jesse was with Bo, Jr. at the pond and wouldn't be back until supper. Daisy had asked if she could do anything and Dixie had just asked for a little time alone.

The others were on the porch as Jesse started supper in the kitchen. He was keeping a watchful ear on Dixie since he knew she was upset as well as pregnant. Course Jesse wasn't sure who he was watching closer Dixie or Bo who wanted to go find Luke. Jesse had advised to just give them both some time.

Dixie came out just before supper. Jesse knew she had been crying as she started setting the table like nothing had happened.

Jesse informed her, "I don't think Jesse knows anything that went on. What do you intend to tell him so we all know what to say to him."

Dixie replied, "Since I don't know how to expalin it to him that his father has chosen his brother and my cousin over us," she stopped at Jesse's look, "I know that I don't know that, at least not, yet. I plan to tell him the Luke got called into to work. He did mention going to Base Camp. Maybe he did." She shrugged.

Jesse had to sort of agree, "Well, ya ain't lying to him if that's where Luke said he was going and until you know something for sure it should buy ya some time to sort things out for yourself. Honey, I know I don't need to say it butu I am going to. You and Jesse are welcome to stay here no matter what happens with you and Luke."

Dixie hugged Jesse, "I know that, but thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner went fairly normal at the Duke farm. As Daisy was getting desert out Dixie said, "Ah, there's something I need to tell ya'll. I had hoped that Luke would be here," she said for little Jesse sake, "But, since he was called into work. I'll tell ya, since Uncle Jesse has figured it out and I'm pretty sure Daisy and likely Beth are suspecting. I'm pregnant."

Though everyone tried to act happy. No one missed the look on Bo's face. That had done it. He loved Luke like no other person in his life, but for a change, if Bo had to take sides he wasn't on Luke's. Luke had told him and coached him on growing up when he found out about Bo, Jr. but it sure looked like Luke had forgot all that now.

"Mommy? I'm gonna have a brother or sister? WHEN?" little Jesse asked with excitement that Dixie didn't feel right now.

"Well, son it will be awhile. He or she has some growing to do." Dixie said as she was doing the math. She got a strange look on her face when she turned a little pale and said, "Ah, around your birthday." She looked up to see an amused look on Bo's face. "Bo Duke don't even say anything or so help me I'll bean you with something." She saw jesse give her a bit of a stirn look as she clearified her statement for the younger people at the table, "Outside of course!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie spent the rest of the night after getting little Jesse to sleep figuring on just how to make her promise of keeping Luke so broke that he couldn't even CHARGE a beer at the Boar's Nest. She wasn't about the money, but it was the princable of the situation. She had helped cut corners and had done without (things she would have LIKED to have had) since finding out that Lori was pregnant with little Luke. From their wedding to little Jesse's room she had cut corners so that he could pay Lori child support for little Luke. She was driving a used (but good) car that was nearing ten years old so that Luke could have his King Cabbed F-250 4x4 for work. Dixie was smart. She knew what he was paying for little Luke. Double that for little Jesse and the new baby throw in some alimony, Luke would be in the negative numbers quick, real quick. She half laughed at the thought, but da-- it it wasn't his money she wanted. She wanted the man that should be there keeping her feet warm and telling her that things with the new baby would work out. Not God knows where. Though his where ablouts weren't what bothered her most, it was the wondering about who he was with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was up and at it early the next morning. He hadn't slept well either and he knew he had his and Luke's choirs to do. He was coming in the house as Jesse was pouring coffee.

Jesse looked up in surprise, "Bo the last time I saw you con in the house at this time of morning was when you was still courtin'!

Bo nodded, "Choirs are done. Mine and LUKE'S." He stressed. "Tell them I'm running some errands but I'm gonna head outta here."

Jesse asked, "Care to tell me what kind of errands you are running?"

Bo didn't want to but knew he had to, "I'm gonna go find Luke at Base Camp or where ever he is and we're gonna have a long talk. He taught me about responsibility and Jesse he's not stepping up to his."

Jesse smiled at the younger of the two nephews. "It looks like the student learned better than the teacher?"

"I don't know. All I know is I've got to know how he thinking." Bo explained.

Jesse tossed him the keys to the pick up, "Get some supplies if you do go all the way to Base Camp. Ya might want to look a little closer first though, like a few still sites."

Bo nodded on his way out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours later, Bo had looked everyplace that he could think of. He figured to stop at the garage, gas up and maybe call base Camp to see if Luke was there before making the trip.

Meanwhile Lori had just woke up to be greeted by her father over top her...

"WERE WAS YOU AT LAST NIGHT LOREN CRYSTAL DAVENPORT???!!! OUT WITH THAT DUKE BOY AGAIN HUH?!!!!!"

Lori sighed just like her unlce Luther was whnever she had spent one too many nights out with Luke in highschool,"No sir I wasn't." Lori smirked

Bobbie Lee flew furiously mad,"I SMELL HIS AFTERSHAVE ON YA?!!!!STILL!!!! DID YA FORGET YA'LLS SON?!!! HES IN THERE WANTING TO KNOW WHERE HIS MOMMY AND DADDY WAS AT LAST NIGHT?!!!!!"

Lori nodded getting up and getting dressed, walking in seeing the bright smile on her son's face,"Hey baby, did ya sleep good last night!"

Little Luke smiled, he remembered certain things, like smells."Momma, you were with daddy last night wasnt you?"

Lori stopped dead and looked to him,"Me and him uhhhh we talked honey s'all."

Luke's aftershave had really sent in on her, good.

Lori took the dishes up and cleaned them,as her step mother had made breakfast,she headed out to help her father plow the back acreage they had. Little Luke was in the house with his step-grandma Lucille, playing with his toy soldiers.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, as Lori was helping her dad plow up their back acreage,she couldnt help but think about Luke and what he had said to her, he wasn't drunk when he said, but had he meant it though? the hot sun beat down on her arms and back she looked up to wipe the sweat away looking out to the driveway she saw headlights................

The headlights came closer to the house as Lori looked at them wondering who it could be and what they wanted. She hoped it wasn't anymore of her family she'd been yelled at enough for one day. The vehicle finally came to a stop in front of the house but Lori didn't recognize the vehicle but alot changed in five years so she wouldn't know every vehicle anymore. The person got out of the car and it was clear who it was at that point and Lori.....

Lori could see her manager in the drivers' seat. She hoped this was good news! "Where'd you get that hunk of junk?"

He tossed his head over his shoulder saying, "I guess a relative of yours at the garage. Mine was acting up on the way in. He had to order something for it that won't be here until tomorrow. He let me use this 'thing' til mine's ready. Hey I was able to get you set up for a show 2 nights a week every week end for the next month."

Lori had to tell him, "It's likely I can't do it then. There was a misunderstanding the other night after the show. I was," she sighed. He was going to LOVE this, "Arrested!"

"You were WHAT?" he asked.

She saw his head realing from the bad publicity he expect. She shook her head, 'no', "It's not what you're thinking. Only I was bonded out until court. So I am on bond and can't leave the County until after court so you'll just have to cancel the shows."

He was smiling, "No, I won't. I booked you into the Boar's Nest for every Friday and Saturday night."

Lori relied.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo pulled up in front of the garage. Going through the door he asked, "Say, Cooter, you ain't seen Luke have you?"

Cooter knew Luke was upstairs and could hear Bo so if he wanted Bo to know he was there he'd come down, "Nah, I ain't seen him. What's up?" Cooter said with his fingers crossed behind his back.

Lori saw red hearing that she'd been booked at the Boar's Nest every friday and saturday night for the next month. All she wanted to do was lay low until she could get out of this county and go back to Nashville. She ranted

"YOU BOOKED ME AT THE BOAR'S NEST?!"

Bo didn't know if Cooter knew yet what was going on or not but he couldn't lie to their long time friend and anyway this concerned his family too.

"I just wanted to talk to him about things, seems him and Lori were 'together' again and Dixie's back at the farm really upset I can't believe he'd do this to her."

Bo was not exactly happy with Luke but trying to keep his temper in check at the moment it wasn't Cooter he was mad at anyway.

BL had went home after her rant and almost murdering Luke she knew if she ran across Lori anywhere she WOULD kill her. So she sat on the porch swing absently scratching behind Konrad's german shepard Shadow's ears. She wanted to beam Luke with that hammer everytime she thought of what he'd done to Dixie. She knew it wasn't totally his fault though Lori was a conniving little hussy when she wanted to be but this time she'd gone too far.

Lori replied throwing her rake down,"You want me killed?!!"

Her manager looked at her funny,"No, what gave you that idea??"

Lori rolled her eyes,"I can't say, im in trouble with some people and if I go to the Boar's Nest, ill be murdered."

Her manager looked to her and smirked,"Thatd why you have body guards honey!!"

With that he tipped his hat and left. Lori started cussin'"ILL KILL J.D. HOGG!!!!!!!"

Bobbie Lee looked to her and sighed,"Go fer it!"

Lori walked in putting her jacket on,"Lucille watch Little Luke, i gotta go talk to hogg."

Lucille nodded and agreed.

Lori walked out to Midnight and sped off further the faster to town.

When she arrived there Cooter and Bo both had saw her Bo started but saw her climb out and stomp towards Hogg's office. she bolted through the doors and screamed so everyone could hear hger,"HOGG, YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE YOU LOW LIFE FAT LITTLE ROTTEN............."

Bo looked to Cooter,"Whats he done now?!!!"

Cooter looked to Bo,"WANTS LORI KILLED!!!! that was her manager that came by this morning and said something about her being booked up fer god know s hwo long!"

Bo shook his head,"Cooter what are we gonna do? Lori sgonna get murdered, Dixie and B.L will be sent to jail for murdering her, and Luke aint no wheres to be found!!"

Cooter shook his head, looking back to the car.

Hogg looked to Lori and smirked,"Well Well Well, looks like someone dont wann fuflfill her job requirements??"

Lori pointed her finger at her,"You did this on purpose HOGG!!!!!"

Hogg laughed in Lori's face,"Well, if you wouldn't stir up soo much trouble when yer in town, you wouldn't be in this position now would you, look no shows, no bonds set and that means you cant leave Hazzard."

Lori thought on it, she stormed out of his office she wouldnt and she couldnt perform at the boar's nest. wait a minute she wasnt afraid of neither family, shed take em all if she could. Lori took off and headed towards home again..........

The phone began to ring in the garage. Cooter and Bo had walked down the garage's lot aways. Luke sighed. He might as well answer it, he thought as he made his way down the ladder, "Hazzard Garage."

The voice on the other end said, "I was left this number to get in touch with Luke Duke."

Luke recognized the voice, "Randy? This is Luke."

"Hey, buddy we got a hot fire and need to fly soon." Randy informed.

Luke breathed a sigh of relief. This was the best news he'd got in days. "Give me a minute to get my gear out of the truck and I'll be on my way."

Randy questioned, "Take you gear OUT of the truck? Why?"

"Long story." Luke said, "Tell ya about it when I get there."

"Looks bad. Be prepared to stay awhile." Randy advised.

Luke said, "You got it."

Randy looked at the phone strangely. Luke hadn't been happy about being called in on a fire since he'd gotten married. He also wondered why the new number, but he had to get the rest of the crew ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke walked outside in a hurry to get his gear out of the truck and into the loaner Cooter was letting him use.

As Bo and Cooter turned to go back in the garage. Bo spotted Luke uncovering his truck at the side of the garage and...........

And made a bee-line dive for him,"Luke Duke, what in the hell is amatter?? Dixie is pregnant again and you leave her?!!! to sleep with Lori?!!!!! WHY?!!!!

Luke stopped and explained quickly to Bo,"Lori and I never intended to, ti honest to god, just happened....Lori had took me and little luke out to "our spot" and it went from there......I love Dixie with every breath in me and I never intended to hurt her......Lori didn't either, we both felt guilty, Lori might not have shown it but I know she was, She loves ALL of her family and she never wanted to hurt them, now she's gonna get murdered for something that just happened, look we wouldnt have done it any other time cause i wouldnt have allowed it, but Ive been thinking bout Lori here lately and I cant get her off my mind, and now I cant get Dix off my mind, im in a bind Bo and need help, but I cant get it right now cause Im off to work."

Bo stood listening his cousin was serious and he knew it, but getting Dixie and B.L to believe that was a whooole different ball game. Bo nodded,"Be careful Luke.... and please make the right choice."

Bo walked off patting Luke's shoulder and headed home to tell them what he found out. Cooter smiled to Luke who had saw Lori go flying by,"Cooter, keep an eye on her will ya? shes gonna get killed, I should Murder Boss fer pulling that stunt on her."

Cooter sighed,"I sure will, you just be careful."

Luke nodded, getting into a loaner and headed off. Cooter knew that her low life of a Manager should be shot and Boss both, he'll have to keep everyone seperated at the shows.

~~~~~~

Bo went home and told Dixie and B.L both, everyone actually, and Dixie.............

Bo went home and told Dixie and B.L both, everyone actually, that Luke had been at the garage when he was there and had been called in to work. Dixie was surprised to see Luke's truck roll in a few minutes behind Bo.

Cooter got out of it. He looked downward as he spoke, "Luke asked me to bring the truck out to you."

Dixie gave him a questioning look.

Cooter replied, "Honey, I don't know. He asked me to bring it out or have you pick it up when we talked last night." He realized he'd let that slip.

Bo asked, "Last night?"

"Yeah I ran into him at the Boar's Nest last night. I let him stay at the garage last night. Ya'll I'm in the middle here!" Cooter said.

Dixie wanted to believe Bo but she was still hurting from what Luke had done to her. She wanted Luke back home where he belonged but she wasn't going to make it easy on him to get forgiveness. BL had come back to check on Dixie to see how she was holding up and was still there when Bo came back and told them what Luke had said she wasn't convinced not in the least and muttered darkly.

"Sure has a funny way of showin' her he loves her"