Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

"Ricky? What are you doing here?" Lori asked.

Luke had his leg proped up on the couch in the living room and could see the door. "Ricky, old buddy. Come right on in." Luke said far friendlier than he felt.

Lori looked back at Luke with a questioning look.

Luke was smiling. But, he didn't appear happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie walked into the office of the local attorney. His office was never crowded. He was usually used for land or other transactions more so than legal advice. "Is Mr. Walls in?"

The young lady replied, "Yes, have a seat and he'll be right with you. What's the nature of your visit?"

Dixie replied, "Information concerning a divorce."

The young woman looked at her obvious state of pregnancy, but didn't say a word. Then, she said, "I just need you to sign in."

Dixie noticed the raised eyebrows when she glanced at the tablet Dixie signed in on. She obvious knew she was married to Luke and had likely heard the rumors.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky nodded to them and stepped in, Lori shot Luke a look telling him t' not start. Luke smirked to her and winked. Lori walked over to the table handing Ricky the music..

Ricky glanced over it,"Yea looks great, they shouldreally love this!"

Lori smiled,"But.....Need swork."

Lori's smile turned upside down,she scratched her head in frustration and tapped her foot,"But Ricky I can't........."

Ricky threw his hands up,"Yer miss country music sweetheart, yer the one spose to write the music gotta work harder, been slacking seems to me."

That was about all that Luke oculd take he stood straight up on his cast not caring about the pain,"Let me tell you something she's worked her a-- off writing that, shes gave up time to spend with the ones she loves and she's spent half of the nights crying because she's in pain, she;s pregnant and she has all of this s--- to deal with and YOU keep piling the work up on her!! give her a d--- break!!"

Lori looked to Luke shaking her head,"Well, Mr. Duke. seems you know my job better than I do, why don't you mange her??"

Lori looked between the two,"Fellas!"

Luke looked to him,"I could do a better job than you ever could no dount!"

Ricky smirked,"Well ok then!! YOU mamge her cause I QUIT!!!"

Ricky walked out getting into his car, Lori stood there in shock and anger she turned to Luke and screamed,"LUKE WHY'D YOU DO THAT FER!??"

Luke sat back down and calmly said............

~~~~~~~~~~

The lawyer called Dixie back there."Hello, miss how may I be of service to you?"

Dixie sat down,"Id like to file for a divorce."

The lawyer looked to Dixie and.........

The lawyer looked to Dixie and said, "You do understand that I have to ask some personal questions in order to do you justice."

Dixie nodded, "Yes, that isn't a problem. My life is all over the County by now."

The lawyer smiled to put her at ease, then said, "I see that you are having a little one. Is it your husbands?"

Dixie replied, "Absolutely."

He then explained, "I had to ask in case he says you were going out on him."

Dixie stated, "Would it help to tell you that since before we were married, my husband has been paying child support for his first son to my cousin? And, that she is currently pregnant with his let's say 4th child."

"Can you explain the 'let's say 4th child'?" he asked.

Dixie sighed, "I don't want this out right now, but I am carrying twins."

The lawyer asked, "The first child has his last name?"

"The first child has his first and last name and I have the records of the paid child support." Dixie replied.

The lawyer took a deep breath and said, "Ok, I'll need you to fill out these forms with your marriage date, full names, place of marriage, owner property, income etc.... When you get them back we'll type it up and serve your husband for him to fill out a response. After he replies, we'll get a court date. If everything is settled easily that date, the divocre will be final in 30 days."

Dixie nodded and took the papers in her shaking hands. This was possibly the hardest thing she'd ever done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke sat back down and calmly said as he reached for the phone, "What's Luther's number?"

Lori exclaimed, "Oh he'll just LOVE this whole thing. Not just the Ricky thing but US!"

Luke replied, "Yeah, don't I know it!" He dialed the number. Luke had 'dealt' with or attempted to deal with Luther when Dixie was 16 from behind bars. They had since resolved those differences and he'd given Luke his blessings and told him not to hurt Dixie six years ago when she returned to Hazzard. Though they had managed to get off to a rocky start after less than 24 hours. Luke had owned up to the situation with Lori. Paid the price for the fight with Ernie Ledbetter and breaking Lori out of jail for breaking him out of jail. Seeing his niece hurting rather than his daughter, Luther had went on the road with Lori to Nashville and helped her find a manager to insure the record label was on the up and up. Luke knew she had the new deal signed. They wouldn't drop her because she didn't have a manager or had a different manager. "Luther, this is Luke Duke."

"Luke I trust Dixie and the boy are well? Have you seen Lori and little Luke?" Luther asked eagerly, thinking that Luke could only be calling about Dixie.

"Well, Grandpa is there any way you can meet me at the garage in the next day or so? I'll arrange to have both boys here and we may have a bit of news for you too. I'd also like to talk to you about Lori's manager. That guy rubs me the wrong way." Luke gave enough deatils to get Luther there without giving too much information out over the phone.

"Well, let me see, I can be there about noon tomorrow." Luther said.

Luke said, "The kids get out of school at 3, but we can talk til then."

Luther said, "Deal. See ya then son."

Luke replied, "Yeah, .... ah, ..... see ya then."

Lori turned to Luke and dropped her head. Luke looked to her and asked,"Whats wrong?"

Lori looked to him,"Wait til Uncle Luther finds out yer divorcing Dixie, im living with you, I aint coming back home, I lost my manager..."

Luke stopped her, she was standing next to him, he pulled her down close to sit with him on the edge of the couch, he wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her arms,"S'alright, we'll make it through I promise ya, I've delt with that man a hundred times least' and i'll do it again. I told you though he was working you too hard.. and I gave that dummy a piece of my mind. hurting myself in the process!"

Loir chuckled a little and got up,"Well reckon we orta tell Cooter?"

Luke sighed,"Yea."

Lori nodded and headed on down,"Coot!! Yer daddy, my Uncle is coming tomorrow!"

Cooter heard the commotion upstairs,"Lori!! what'd you do now!!"

Lori threw her hands in the air,"I didn't do nothing!!, we need to get Dixie and Little Jesse here tomorrow so Luther can see him, and he want's to see Little Luke again. I lost my manager because Ricky and Luke got into an argument, cause SOMEONE *looked up to Luke* likes to speak his mind!"

Luke laughed,"Least now I don't have to be so protective over ya round him!!!"

Lori shook her head,"Ya know Cooter, Uncle Luther finds out about the divorce and me living with Luke. He's gonna flip his lid and murder us all!"

Cooter nodded,"Glad its ya'll's battle and not mine then!"

Lori smacked Cooter's arm seeing Dixie pull in...........

Lori smacked Cooter's arm seeing Dixie pull in,she got out and came in the garage she'd come to tell Luke she'd started the process for the divorce and that he'd be getting papers to fill out.

"Hey Dix what's up?" Cooter chirped

Dixie raised an eyebrow wondering why Cooter was in such a good mood... "Uh hey, nothin's up just been running some errands in town thought I'd stop by."

Lori looked at Dixie and said...

"Uncle Luther's coming to town tomorrow. He wants to see Little Jesse and Little Luke when they get out of school."

Dixie...........

Dixie replied, "That's fine. Cooter if you'll get Jesse off the bus I'll send a note with him tomorrow. I'll come get him or someone can run him home, that is if He doesn't talk Luke into letting him stay." She decided to just wait til tomorrow. The papers would be typed then. Her attorney would call Rosco or Enos to serve Luke with the devorce notice and his answer packet. Dixie knew she was likely being a bit evil, but thought it would be funny for Rosco to show up looking for Luke, while Luther was there, with divoce papers. But then again hey, he made his bed let him lie in it, cause when yousleep with dogs ya get fleas! She laughed for seemingly no reason.

Cooter looked at his sister, "What?"

Dixie replied with only a bit of a smirk left on her face, "Nothing."

Cooter mumbled as he walked back around the car he was working on, "Nothing my foot."

Dixie looked at Lori, "Tell Luther if he wants to see me, "I'll be at the farm. Catch ya'll later." She said going to meet Jesse and Bo at the trailer to get a list of things she needed to get in order to get the power and water hooked up.

Lori shrugged her off,"Nothings wrong my a--!"

Cooter looked to Lori and gave her a humph,"Whats that mean?"

Lori looked to Cooter"If I know my cousin and I believe I do, she's got something up her sleeve. Lets see, Luther's coming tomorrow, They're getting a divorce????????? get the hint Cooter?"

Cooter looked to Lori,"Yer just being paranoid s'all!"

Lori looked to Cooter and replied,"HA! paranoid? wait and see cousin, im telling ya, she wants Luke to suffer! and by gosh shes doing a dandy job at that!"

Cooter smirked,"Welp, aint you made her suffer enough? paybacks are a..."

Lori finished his sentence,"Bi---, Yea I know it."

Lori walked back up seeming as Luke heard Dixie down below,"Dont worry Luke, Dixie's trying t' get ya killed by Luther, ya know that same old routine."

Luke sighed throwing his head back,"WHY ME!!"

Lori smirked,"Yer the one who couldn't choose tween us."

Luke looked to Lori and cocked his head sideways, shaking his head. Lori walked in the kitchen and asked Luke,"SOOOO..... what big ole great plan we gonna have tomorrow, when Uncle Luther comes in... you know Dixie is gonna have something t' do with it all, the divorce I mean, I gurantee you this much hon, my cousins a dangerous woman and like I was telling Cooter If I know my cousin and I believe I do, she'll have them divorce papers dropped off tomorrow whilst Luther is here."

Luke sighed,"Yea, I reckon she'd do it too."

Lori looked to him,"You know she would."

Lori might have a reputation from heck and back in that town but she was smart, she had common sense and book leraning sense too. She could think of ways to get you in and out of trouble in a flat second. Lori got up and went to the door leaning against it her back to the door looking to Luke,"Hows yer leg feeling honey?"

Luke smiled,"Its eased a little, Hpw you feeling?"

Lori nodded,"Yea, great I guess, I gotta go fer blood tests next week though."

Luke nodded. He didn't know how to manage Luther tomorrow, he didn't want to not at all. He knew Lori'd have something to say to Luyther if he said anyhting to him, he didn't want his girlfriend sticking up for him though.

Luke looked to Lori and said...........

Luke looked to Lori and said, "Now tomorrow Lori no matter what Luther says ta me I don't want you to interfere I can handle him."

Lori looked at him then looked down before saying quietly

"Can't make any promises darlin".....

holding her tongue wasn't one of Lori's strong points that's why her and B.L mixed like water and oil most of the time neihter was willing to keep their mouth shut when the occassion arose to take a jab at the other.

Thinking of B.L, Lori..........

Lori giggled a little and walked over to the phone dialing Cooter's number.

B.L answered,"Hello Davenport residence?"

Lori smiled,"Hey B!! guess whos coming tomorrow?"

B.L smirked,"Who?? lemme guess Luther?"

Lori was shocked,"Yea how'd you know?"

B.L shook her head,"I didn't I was guessing. But there something gonna happen tween this family again aint it?"

Lori nodded,"Without a doubt. How ya feelin?"

B.L shook her head,"FUNNY! Lori real cute!"

Lori fell over laughing,"Well talk to ya later cousin, ya need to stop by and see Luther tomorrow. tell him the GREAT news!!!

B.L could hear Lori making fun of her,"Ohh we'll see about that."

Lori hung up after saying goodbye. B.L looked to Konrad and...........

B.L. looked to Konrad and said

"Luther's coming in tomorrow, when he hears all that's going on with the Davenport,Duke triangle that garage is gonna blow higher than an exploding still."

Konrad chuckled and nodded

"Yup, glad me an' you ain't gonna be contributing factors to that explosion neither."

B.L: "Me and you both, maybe our news will calm him down but I ain't holdin my breath."

She had to laugh a little of course Luther would be happy for them but he was still going to be madder than hell that Luke was toying with both Dixie and Lori's affections not to mention having them both pregnant and Dixie's was gonna be twins! She couldn't wait to get back at Lori for making fun of her just now on the phone but then maybe she wouldn't have to, seeing Luther blow his stack at Lori just as much as at Luke would be justice enough she thought.

Luke looked to Lori and smirked,"Ya know she's gonna have something t' say t' ya now right?"

Lori smirked back,"UH-HUH!! Im waiting fer tomrrow though when the sh-- is REALLY gonna hit the fan!"

Luke swallowed hard,"Yea well just remember that you don't interfer with me and let me handle him! If I know you, yer like B.L once a subject arises you can't keep yer mouth shut and you open it starting something!"

Lori's mouth dropped and closed,"Humph well fine then!! I'll just let him tear into ya and kill ya!"

Luke said,"Well from were I'm standing, he's gonna kill you too!"

Lori swallowed,"Y..Yea, he is."

Luke sighed relaxing back on the couch, it was only a couple of hours til' Little Luke got home and Luke was tired. Lori smiled to him and went to the couch and stretched out by him. They both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours later, Little Luke came bounding through the front door and screamed out,"MOMMY!!! DADDY!!!!! IM HOME!!!!!"

Lori and Luke jumped up, Lori fell off the couch hittign hard on her rear-end. She got up dusting her butt off smiling to Little Luke, Luke turned over and fell back asleep. Lori had an idea, Cooter could spend duppertime with them. Lori hollered down to Cooter,"HEY!! COOTER!!!! WANNA HAVE SUPPER WITH US!!!!???"

Cooter bumped his head on the hood, scratching it he yelled back,"YEA!!!!! I RECKON!!!"

Lori smiled. She decided to fix her mother's famous fried chicken. Lori went to the kitchen and began to cook. Little Luke walked over to his daddy and laid beside of him, Little Luke got tired and looked to his daddy,"PSSST!! DADDY!!!

Lori heard him and giggled,Luke woke up and looked to him,"What son?"

Little Luke asked,'"How do you take care of a bully?"

Luke raised up,"Son, you getting bullied at school?"

Lori stopped cooking wiping her hands off on the dish rag. "Baby whos bothering you at school?"

Little Luke replied to them,"Some big kid."

Lori wrink;ed her nose,"Wanna know how I took care of bullies?"

Luke shook his head, Lori'd have their son a murderer for the day was out.

Little Luke looked up to Lori and smiled,"Well, son Id tell em to back off and when they go to swing at you dodge em, and then come back with yer fist and deck em a gooden and they'll leave you alone."

Luke looked to Lori and with a concerned look on his face exclaimed to her...........

Lori replied with a smirk,"Why heck, Luke when I was in kindergarten, you member, I beat every 1st and 2nd grader that messed with me!!"

Luke nodded and looked to her,"I dont want our son t' be like that either!!, you'll get him clobbered and he'll have bruises all over em'"

Lori shook her head,"Not if he's smaryt he wont!! hes small enough to bring the pain, member that special place that you and daddy has son?"

Little Luke looked to her,"Yea?"

Lori looked to Luke and smirked,"Hit that bully there if you really wana hurt him."

Luke's eyes got big and he looked to Lori and shook his head,"That poor boy."

Lori laughed getting up going back to the kitchen to cook. Little Luke looked to them and asked,"What was it like when you went to gradescool, you and B.L and Dixie and Daddy??"

Lori looked to him mashing some taters,"Well son, we all stayed together, B.L,Dixie, me and Yer daddy. we were family and we stuck together. Now Bo was in on it with us too, we all caused our fair share of the trouble when we was little."

Little Luke smiled and went to his room to play with his toys.

Luke looked to Lori and asked,"Honey, you never said nothing about before when yer mom got sick?"

Lori dropped the masher and looked to Luke, she had a tear in her eye, seems this time every year someone always asked that question.

Lori had to wait on the chicken to get done, she weakily smiled to Luke walking ovee to him ad setting down,"Well, I can't remember much I was only three, I remember her kisses and her sweet soft voice. I can remember the big bear hugs she'd always give me. She made me a quilt when I was little with horses on it, she always promised me she'd buy me a horse and never did."

Lori had a tear in her eye and she let them roll. She missed her momma. Luke leaned over and took her in his arms, rocking her back and forth, he kissed her forehead and replied to her...............

he kissed her forehead and replied to her,"S'alright darlin'"

Lori wiped her eyes getting up putting a smile on, she finished supper and they ate. Cooter left and their nights went the same, Luke with his cold showers, Lori with hers, Little Luke thinking they're stupid.

Everything at the Duke farm went the same, Davenport too. Cept fer B.L running to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~

That next morning was a totally different story though. Luther had arrived and was talking to Cooter when he started laughing to one of Cooter's jokes, Lori and Luke shot up and looked to each other rubbing their faces. Little Luke heard him and was up and ready in a heartbeat. Lori heard Little Luke and quickly shot up from the bed grabbing him before he had a chance to blurt everything out. Luther heard them as Lori had forgot to close the door to the garage last night and Luther hollered,"Lor, is that you up there?? what are you doing up there? ?in yer.....well my lord Lori what the h--- is going on."

Lori ran back to hers and Luke's room quickly changing, Luke made an effort to an got to his feet, Lori looked to him and said,"He's already caught on, maybe you should stay up here and let me........"

Luke stopped her and sighed,"I helped weave this tangled web, I have to help untangle it too."

Lori nodded. She got little Luke a quick breakfast and had him downstairs and ready setting in a chair.

~~~~~~~~

B.L got up and as usual went to the bathroom and puked up her guts. She then had Konrad take her to the garage fer a visit.

~~~~~~~~~

Luther looked to Luke and asked,"What happened to you?"

Luke told him about his accident, Luther then looked to him,"Were's Dixie and why is Lori here........LUKE!!!!! you mean to tell me that you aint........"

Luke hung his head and sighed,"Well......we'll be expecting a visit today, from uhh.....Rosco no doubt."

Luther snarled his lips,"Cooter take Little Luke outside and close the garage doors please, he don't need to hear this. Cooter did and they waited outside fer the bus. B.L pulled up and smirked, Cooter shook his head,"The craps done hit the fan now, don't do it yet B.L!"

B.L smirked,"I won't cousin!"

The bus pulled up early and picked up little Luke, Cooter , Konrad, and B.L stayed out though.

Luther looked to Luke and saw red,"Yer divorcing my daughter aint ya??!! after all this trouble you go through to be with her, you throw it all away t' be with my niece."

Luke nodded,"I know Luther, but I didn't realize that I did have feelings for Lori and that....."

Luther stopped him,"If you hurt my niece as bad as what you did to my daughter there aint no jail cell big enough to hold me back from killing you!!!!!!!"

Luke swallowed hard and looked to Lori, Lori looked to Luther,"Uncle Lu....."

Luther stopped her,"WHAT HAIRBRAINED STUNT DID YOU PULL TO LOSE YER MANAGER?!!!!"

Luke looked to Lori who was about to tear into Luther, but she retained,"I didn't pull any stunts!! it wasn't my fault!!!! Luke and him........"

Lori stopped,"I mean me and Ricky got into an argument because I wanted to spend time with Little Luke and Luke here."

Luther nodded in acceptance, Luke however didn't. He shook his head,"Told ya I'd handle him!"

Lori looked to Luke,"And I told you that I couldn't make any promises either!!!"

Luther opened the garage doors to find B.L leaned against it. She quickly moved and smiled big,"Hi Uncle Luther, Hi Lori!!"

She grinned to Luther,"Guess what ALL three Davenport women is pregnant!!!"

Luhter whirled around to Luke and Lori,"So thats it then ain't it Duke, you leave my daughter to be with my niece cause you got ALL three...."

Luke's eyes got big and round, thats the second time somone accused him of getting B.L pregnant, Lori had to laugh. B.L looked to Luther,"No actually, Uncle Luther, I'm the good Davenport girl, I got pregnant by MY HUSBAND!"

Lori heard the comment and rolled her eyes smirking,"C'mon B.L gotta have some fun in yer life! makes it more interestin'!!!"

B.L smirked and said............

~~~~~~~~~~

Enos was on his way to the garage with the divorce papers when he pulled up he saw Luke there and swallowed, getting out he looked to Luke,"I..I've got something for you Luke."

Luke nodded and took the package, Divorce was written all over it. Lori swallowed and looked to Luke who looked like he was going to cry, Luke.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd Blevins, a tall sandy blond haired, green eyed, muscular tanned body of a country music manager.

Ricky arrived back in Nashville, hapy as can be.He pulled up at this big corporal building heading straight to the main floor. When he entered the men and women setting at thid round table looked to him, smiling asking him how his client was and how has he been. Ricky told them about Lori and what he did. Todd was setting beside of Ricky, he'd done his research on Ricky and Lori, Lori was an attractive young mother,in Todd's eyes that is. Todd needed a client and asked Ricky were he could find Lori, Ricky looked to Todd and smirked giving him the directions to Hazzard. He looked to Todd and said,"Good Luck, you'll have to meet her boyfriend's standards." Todd nodded, he could have Lori in a heartbeat, or so he thought. Todd ya see was known to seduce his clients, take their money, and screw their lives over all together. He intended to do that to Lori, considering he was in need of the money.

When he arrived in Hazzard he looked around and spotted a crowd of people at the local Garage. He pulled up to the front getting out to see what seemed to him a fued. He calmly walked over to the people and asked them,"Hello, I'm Todd Blevins from Nashville, I'm a manager whos ineed of a client, Im looking for Lori Davenport??"

Lori stood straighter and walked infrotn of everyone, she crossed her arms across her chest and calmly said,"Yea? what about me?"

Todd looked to Lori and smiled, she really was cuter in person. "Well, I heard about the incident with Ricky and I was wondering what you sounded like so I can see what I have to work with, I understand that you just signed on to a new record label and Im very happy for you, knowing those rocky roads, you'll need a manager that'll give you what you want."

Luke glared at him, he was a ladies' man and he didn't like it not one bit. He knew something would happen with Lori's reputation, but he didn't know if Lori would do that to him or not though. Luke snorted and opened his mouth to say something, Lori looked to him and shushed him,"Luke you've done ran one manager off don't run this one off."

Luke rolled his eyes,"He worked you too hard and you didn't deserve that, so sue me for caring!"

Todd looked to Luke and asked,"You must be the boyfriend?"

Luke stepped up,"YEA I AM! WHAT ABOUT IT?!"

Todd stood back alittle and shook his head,"Ricky was warning me about you, you dont seem like you've got standards set for Lori here, And you are absolutley correct. Ricky was working her too hard."

Lori walked back to were Luke was and wrapped her arms around him,"When would you like to hear me?"

Todd smiled,"At the local Bar, we can get ya a show set up."

Lori nodded, Todd turned back and left heading for the hotel. Luke looked to Lori and Lori was giggling. He grunted at her and turned away,"My lord Luke, yer jealous ain't ya?"

Luke shook his head and never said nothing. Lori rolled her eyes smiling.

Luke.............

B.L. smirked and said.... "I was havin' fun apparently otherwise I wouldn't be pregnant now would I?"

Lori hrumphed and crossed her arms she hated it when B.L got smug then looking at B.L she retorted

"Ain't so fun upchucking your vital organs every day though is it?"

B.L: "I was havin' fun two years ago BEFORE he was my husband we just didn't flaunt it all over the county!"

Lori flew mad at that remark and lunged at B.L but missed as Konrad grabbed B.L round the waist and moved her away from Lori before they could tie into it.

B.L opened her mouth to say that she and Konrad still managed to have fun when she wasn't puking her guts out but was cut off by a man walking up unknown to them who was about to be Lori's new manager.....

Enos was still standing close by watching the events with Lori's new manager and with her and B.L. He looked like he'd just lost his best friend as he stepped closer to Luke still holding the divorce packet, "I'm sorry, Luke. I didn't want to bring those over but the Sheriff made me."

Luke nodded and said loud enough for Luther to hear, "It's alright, Enos. I was sort of expecting Dixie to file them. I just wasn't sure when."

Enos nodded and walked off. He hated certain parts of his job and this was one ot those parts.

Luther spoke up, "So, Dixie has finally came to her scenses and is divocring YOU?" He smirked.

Luke replied, "If that's the way you want to look at it."

Luther asked, "So where is she?"

Luke replied, "She said she'd write a note for Jesse to get off the bus here, but if you wanted her she'd be at the farm."

"So she's with your family and your with hers?" Luther asked in amazement.

"It's kind of complicated, "Luke said.

Luther looked at BL, "Well, I gathered that when I heard what BL had to say."

Luther looked to everyone and said,"Well, I guess I'll go to the farm and talk to Dixie about this, this is oddly strange to me."

Lori sighed and looked to Luke who was staring a hole through her. He hopped around the house, Lori running after him,"Luke! Now c'mon Luke, honey.."

Luke didn't answer her back, just took her help and climbed up the stairs. When they got in Lori looked to Luke and sighed, yep he was jealous alright and hurting. Lori walked over to him and sat beside him on the couch,"Luke, do you honestly think that all this stuff that we've been through, I'd drop you like that?"

Luke looked to Lori and.........

~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L smirked, she laughed at others misery seems like. She looked to Konrad and said,"Let's go honey, I've had my fun fer the day."

Dixie was packing a box of her things at Jesse's when Daisy called her, "Dixie, your Dad is here."

She replied, "OK!" Then, mumbled to herself, "Great, just what I need." She stopped and brushed her hair a little to stall the meeting.

Luther was on the porch with Jesse. They hadn't had a chance to talk any before Dixie arrived on the porch. Luther looked at her. He was no expert but she looked at least six or seven months pregnant. "Can we go for a ride?"

Dixie sighed but decided to show him the trailer, "Sure there is something I want to show you."

They went out to Luther's vehicle and Dixie directed him across Jesse's property.

"Ain't this going to the back 40?" He asked.

"Sure is." Was all Dixie said.

He had to ask, "So is the baby Luke's?"

"You are the second person in two days to ask that. Yes, the baby is Luke's." She said with a bit of attitude.

Luther asked, "So how far along are you?"

Dixie replied, "About four months. Should likely be here right around Little Jesse's birthday."

He looked a bit surprised, "I would have figured you were farther along."

"Thanks! Just say I'm fat!" Dixie exclaimed.

Luther knew he'd stuck his foot in his mouth, "So what happened? Why is Luke in town?"

Dixie replied simply, "Lori came back to town."

"He knew about the baby?" Luther asked.

Dixie nodded, "Yes, Doc confirmed it the day Lori came back."

Luther stated, "I understand Lori is also pregnant?"

Dixie replied, "Yeah. Pull right up here." She said as Luther stopped the truck. "I took what Luke pays for child support for Little Luke and I took three times that amount for Jesse, the baby and myself and put a down payment on this."

Luther nodded. Yeap his daughter was a smart one. He................

B.L smirked, she laughed at others misery seems like. She looked to Konrad and said,"Let's go honey, I've had my fun fer the day."

Konrad took B.L. home he'd had enough of her fun for the day too. As they pulled up into the Davenport farm yard he looked at her with a small smirk still on her face and said.

"Lori's gonna whup you if ya don't stop rufflin' her feathers B."

B.L shrugged and grinned chirping

"She'll have to catch me first!"

Just then another wave of sickness rushed over her and she threw open the car door doubling over next to the car puking. Konrad got out with a sigh and went around to her side holding back her hair.

"A turtle could catch you right now as much as you throw up lately."

B.L straightened up wiping her mouth glaring at him

"Funny!"

Konrad kissed her forehead then helped her in the house to lay on the couch for a while until her stomach settled again or the next wave of throwing up hit.

He looked to Dixie and smiled," You sure are a smart en' honey."

Dixie smiled,"But I gotta ask ya this much...Dix, why is Luke with Lori and not you, I understand the divorce but, why?"

Luther looked to Dixie who sighed,"Well, Lori came back and Luke started, or so I felt, straying farther and father from me, til he slept with Lori again."

Luther saw red,"You mean to tell me that low-life did that to you again?"

Dixie nodded,"Yes dad, but it's all over now, things'll get better, me and him agreed on things and agreed to this divorce."

Luther nodded and walked in with her,"Lokks nice, real nice."

Dixie smiled in her accomplishments.

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Lori and said,"Well, no I don't think that but...."

Lori rolled her eyes,"Luke honey, I will not cheat on you, he ain't got that look like you do."

Luke smiled and looked to the packet his smile turning upside down. Lori walkd into their bedroom and got the pencil he requested. He opened the packet, reading through everything and signing. When he was finished he sealed it back up. He ploped it on the table and leaned back sighing. Lori rested her head on his chest and looked up to him,"It'll be alright.."

Luke looked to her and smiled,"I sure hope so."

~~~~~~~~~

When Little Luke arrived home, Little Jesse stepped off with him. Luther had made it back to the garage to see his grandson and great nephew. He picked them both up smiling to them and listening to them chatter, ti was friday finally and they were full of life. They climbed up going to the living room seeing Lori dressed in an outift that would knock an man's socks off. She didnt feel like wearing a dress, She wore her jeans with holes in the knees, A black,v-neck, spaghetti strapped tank top. She wore her boots and had a little makeup, her eyes and lips most noticable. She looked to the boys as Little Luke came running to her,"You look pretty mommy!"

Lori smiled,"Thanks honey, I should be back to fix supper, I dont intend on staying long."

Luke hopped outta the bathroom and looked to Lori, he almost fell,"wow!, were you going?"

Luke'd need more than one cold shower tonight,"T' the Boar's Nest to play a show fer Todd."

Luke snorted and hobbled over to the couch. Both Boys sat beside him on the couch, they all three reclined back. Lori smiled to them and he headed out. She climbed into Midnight Rider and Luther stopped her,"We need to talk, AFTER yer show, I'm coming with you."

Lori swallowed and nodded.

~~~~~~

They pulled in at the bar and walked in Luther took a seat, everyone hoopig and hollering, she could see Todd. She got up and sang three or four songs. When she was done she stepped off, Todd looking to her. "That was awesome, Lori, I definently want to give you a try."

Lori blushed,"Welp weres the papers at then?"

Todd handed them to her, she signed them. Winking to Todd she walked off to go talk to Luther who was waiting on her.

Luther looked to her and asked,"You slept with Luke again?"

Lori sighed,"Yea Uncle Luther I did. I went to "our" spot and it all went from there."

Luther.......

Luther said,"Lori why?? why would you do that?"

Lori shook her head,"I dont know Uncle Luther, I really don't."

Luther sighed and looked to her,"Ya did great darlin"

Lori smiled a little,"Thanks."

When they got up to leave Lori looked to were Todd was and he was staring at Lori smiling. lori shook her head and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~

When she pulled in to the garage Cooter looked to Lori and said,"Everythings fine, aint heard a peep outta none of them."

Lori nodded, she walked up and went into the kitchen to begin supper as she promised them. Luke woke up at the smell of her chicken and smiled to her,"Hey there. How'd it go?"

Lori smiled,"Well, I signed the contract, I got me a new manager."

Luke smiled at her, but he wondered why it couldn't have been a woman to manage her instead of a guy.