Davenport Family Reunion.

LoriDavenport

BL grabbed the phone being the closest one to it when it rang

"Hazzard Garage BL speaking."

"Miss Lori Davenport would like to speak with Miss Dixie Davenport immediately." Little replied in his gruff way.

"I'll give her the message BL said and hung up the phone then got up and went to look for Dixie.

"Hey Dix, Lori wants you over at the jail again to talk about somethin"....

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie figured that this was her 'ticket' outta the garage without questions, "Thanks, cuz." She got up and walked in the general direction of the jail, though she had no intention of going to see Lori or Luke for that matter.

Luke looked at Lori a few minutes later. He had heard what Little had told the garage, "She's not coming."

"Huh?" Lori asked.

"I said she's not coming. Little told her you wanted to see her. I doubt if she'd have come if he said I wanted her." Luke stretched back out on the bunk. He planned to follow his original plan that he had before telling Lori that he'd raise the baby. He'd wait for Lori to doze off then he'd write Dixie a letter that told her exactly how he felt. He knew there was no way he could do that with Lori, the possible mother to his child listening to every word.

Sheriff Little was relieved to see them both settle down and turned the lights down to dim maybe it would be a little peaceful tonight.

Luke found that he had dozed off too when he remembered the paper and pen Enos had given him earlier. He sat up quietly and began to write:

Dixie,

Please just read this letter. First off I'm sorry for everything. I was stupid. I let Ernie convience me to doubt you and I jumped into something without thinking it through. Like I was telling everyone tonight, if Lori is pregnant I will take care of the child but I have loved you, Dixie, for too long of time to loose you now. I truly hope she isn't, but you saw her. Jesse took one look and knew she likely is. I know that it will hurt you just as much if she isn't because you'll always know that we were together. I don't want to jump into anything, but when I get outta here, I'd like us to talk. Really talk and see what we have. I felt the first night you were back in town like you had never left. If you will have me and we feel the same way we used to I'd still love for you to be my wife. Just your being her and still wearing my ring tells me that you were thinking along the same lines until I, well. Dix, I'm as sorry as I can be that I've hurt you and I'll understand if you won't come talk to me before I get home. I wouldn't want to try to say this things in front of Lori it would only hurt her. I really hate hurting people. Especially people I care about, but Darlin' I love you as much tonight as I did whenI had Jesse give you that ring. I told you that one day I'd come looking for you and you can count on me doing just that. Will you at least talk to me?

Love Ya,

Luke

Luke sealed the envelope addressed to Dixie. He asked quietly, "Sheriff can you put this in the mail?"

Little picked up the envelope and nodded 'yes'. He had to laugh when he saw who it was addressed to. He was sure glad it was that Duke boy in the middle of those women instead of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie walked around town a bit when Enos drove by her. He stopped. "Miss Dixie, can I give you a ride?"

Thinking about it, Dixie figured that the rest of teh bunch would be at the garage or the Boar's Nest late, "Sure Enos. Thanks. Can you drop me off at Cooter's house?"

"No problem. " Enos said.

Dixie was going home and take a hot shower and get some sleep tonight.

Sheriff Little got up and had followed Enos, Luke looked to Lori sleeping away, He really hated to hurt her like that he just hoped it didnt lead her to trying to do something she'll regret. Little walked out and saw Dixie giving her the letter. Dixie took ti and opened it reading it. Dixie had a tear in her eye when she read, knowing it was true. she looked to sheriff Little who looked to her and nodded, knowing shed want to go see him. Dixie walked in and waited for sheriff Little to open the door, she ran into the room and immediatley ran to Luke, quietly i mind you. Luke reached his arms out through the bars and hugged her, gently kissing her. Lori never knew a thing bout it, she was snoring and talking i her sleep as always.

Luke looked to the chair and looked to Dixie, she walked over and got the chair.

"Now look we need to talk, I had this idea that IF Lori is, that she come live with us at the farm so I could take care of it, well she agreed, naturally, but I dont think she meant it though, it did catch her off guard... Shes still thinking of leaving after she gets out, to go and live with yer father who whole heartedly agrees with her, cause soon as she hits them doors, Shes heading straight fer B.L and gonna murder her, then shell end up right back in here."

Dixie laughed at the comment,"Luke, I know nothing serious, besides yea you know, happened something that you never intended to happen and if it wasn't you it wouldve been someone else, well there is that possibility, I mean with her father here now and hes wanting to move back. Shell more than likely leave, and there aitn no stopping her, even if shes pregnant."

Luke hung hid head, he knew it was true,"Yea, unfortunatley yer right, I ll probably never get to see my own child. Maybe its fer the better I spose.

Lori rolled over and looked at them,"WILL YOU SHUT UP!!! CANT YA SE IM TRYIN TO SLEEP?! MY LORD IN THE DAY!!"

Lori hated it when someone woke her up, Dixie knew as shes had problems in the past with waking her up before school. Lori rolled over and went back to slepp mumbling something.

Luke looked at Dixie and fel over laughing. Dixie looked to Luke, I better be going, we'll talk more tomorrow maybe?"

Luke smiled kissing her as she got up,"Sure thing sweetheart."

Dixie got up and left going back to the garage before letting out a YEEHAW!!

Luke heard her and chuckled softly at her. Lori rolled her eyes and got up, looking to luke." I swear, a feller can't get no sleep round here to save his life."

Luke looked to her a little surpirsed,"Yer cousin was in here and you didnt want to talk to her.?"

Lori shook her head,"NOPE! I aint got nothing to say to that family anymore, cept fer when I get out here im still leaving."

Luke's eyes got big and round,"STILL?"

Lori nodded her head,"Why should you care?"

Luke hung his head and shook it,"Because if you are, its my child to and my responsibility."

Lori let out a sigh,"Well I reckon I aint needed help before I sures to heck wont need it now."

Luke...........

~~~~~~~~

Dixie walked over to the garage and everyone looked to her as BL spoke up......

Luke sighed frustrated these dang Davenport women could be the stubbornest, orneriest women on earth and he didn't know how his cousin Konrad had managed to live out at Cooter's farm under the same roof as one then went and married her.

Dixie walked over to the garage and everyone looked to her as BL spoke up after regaining her balance in the desk chair, she'd fallen asleep sitting there her elbow propped on the desk and her head in her hand and when Dixie had let out her YEEHAW.

"Well what's got you so giddy all the sudden cousin?"

Dixie looked at them all looking at her waiting for an answer. Smiling she simply answerd.

"Oh nothin' things just are looking better that's all." fact was if Lori was pregnant it was Luke's child but he loved her and only her not Lori. He still hoped they'd get married someday too. She had the same hope she'd seen how happy a good marriage could be in BL's marriage since she'd been home and had been living under the same roof truth was until now she hadn't been too thrilled though about going home and having what seemed like a perfect marriage rubbed under her nose.

Enos continued on with his patrol when Dixie changed her mind about the ride home and had went to the jail then back over to the garage. He had heard her yell and grinned his goofy grin.

Cooter was happy that his sister was feeling better, but he had to know why. He walked over to her and headed her outside, "Dixie?"

Dixie tried to look inocent and failed miserably, "Yes?"

Cooter replied, "Out with it?"

She sighed, "Ok, Little gave me a letter from Luke. I was able to get to see him for a few minutes. It wasn't Lori wanting me at all, but Luke. It may not make any sense to you, but Luke doesn't want to hurt either Lori or me. I'm as much to blame by being seen at the Boar's Nest with Ernie as Luke is for acting on it. And ya can't leave Miss Innocent out of it either, she's wanted what she got for years." Dixie paused, she had wanted this to be something just between her and Luke but figured Cooter should know. It might help to keep the rest of the Davenport clan off Luke, so she opted to tell Cooter. "Cooter ya know when Luke and me were in the backseat of the General Lee all those years ago? I know it has likely been talked about more this week than it has since I left, but I need to tell you a couple things about that." She turned a bit red in the face thought she knew she could talk to Cooter about anything. He would also pass along what was absolutely neccessary to the others, "It was MY idea. But of course I had no idea the the age difference would get him into trouble. It was my 'first time'." She saw Cooter looking a bit surpised at both those facts, but knew this would get him, "Cooter, Luke is the ONLY man ever to make love to me."

Cooter was more than surprised now he was a little shocked but thought she may have been splitting hairs, "Honey I know there's a difference in 'making love' and 'having sex' but, ah, ....."

Dixie shook her head, 'no', "Not in my book. But, I'll spell it out. Luke is the ONLY man I've ever been with and it was when I was 16. AND, if you tell him that I'll kill you! That's for me to tell him. I don't want to 'use' that to get him. If he wants me, " she looked at her ring.

Which Cooter just saw.

"And, he just told me he did, then he'll find out. If something happens we don't get together," she shrugged her shoulders, "Then he'll never need to know."

Cooter nodded in agreement, "Ok, I understand a lot more now. I'll keep your secret about that. Now, can we all please go in here and have a beer or two without any murders?"

"Hey, I'm game, now." Dixie said as they walked into the crowded garage.

Cooter handed a beaming Dixie a beer. It was when she took the top off it that the small diamond caught BL's attention for the first time...................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked at Lori and sighed tiredly, "Lori I thought you were going to let me talk to Jesse and you would stay at the farm. I told ya I'd leave. I'll get 'something' from Hogg." He was referring to renting a place to stay. "That way I can be close to the farm to help you until the baby is born, but I wouldn't be there 24 / 7 if that would make you incomfortable. Then after it's born if you want you can go or stay as close by as you like. You could be as big a part of its life as you'd want. But, like I said earlier, you seem to think I'd not want to be around my child, well, your wrong there."

Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was when she took the top off the small diamond caught BL's attention for the first time. BL then took hold of Dixie's hand examining the ring closely it looked familiar at first glance.

"You still wearing Luke's ring I see...I would have thought after all that's happened it'd be swimming at the bottom of hounddog lake by now."

BL wasn't dumb she knew just by the fact that after all this Dixie hadn't give the ring a fling into the houndog lake that she had still believed somewhere deep down Luke loved her and she still loved him even if she had been madder than an old wet hen. She opened her own beer taking a long swig trying to relax it had been one heckuva day that was for sure and it wasn't even time for the reunion yet or for Lori to get out of jail so she figured the excitement wasn't over yet, she knew Lori'd be gunning for her hide the minute that cell door was opened but she wasn't scared.

Lori glared to Luke,"Yea I intend to be apart of the child's life, and no you aint moving out of Uncle Jesse's house, why dont you leave welle nough alone an dlet me go be happy??"

Luke looked down,god she was difficult to please. "I done said I was gonna help ya take care of that danged child, and I intend to do so!"

Lori got up,"You want a child so bad go get pregnant yerself and have one! get the hint, you hurt me once I dont want you around me no more!"

The words actually hurt Luke alittle. "You dont?"

Lori looked down,"I dont."

Luke sat quietly on the bunk before he said..............

Dixie looked at the ring for a minute, "I've never taken it off, if you haven't noticed, I may have had it on a chain, but always worn it. Besides, it was Luke's mother's and IF he ever wants it back he will ask for it." Dixie said confidently. She was feeling better after she talked to Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke sat quietly on the bunk before he said, "That's why I offered to leave. I don't want to hurt you by not being there, but I don't want to hurt you more by being there either."

Lori just said, "I don't want to talk about it." She turned over to get some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just after breakfast the next morning, there was a visitor for Ms. Davenport. It was Doc. Pedicord. "Sheriff Little can I talk to Ms. Davenport for a minute?"

Sheriff Little opened the gate to let Doc into the cell area, "Sure Doc."

Luke didn't like the looks of this. He was silently holding a breath and praying it was good news, but he didn't think so.

Lori looked to the Doctor who stood still a piece of paper in hand,"The results came back Miss Davnport."

Lori shook he rhead,"Yea?"

The doc sighed,"Postitve."

Lori hung her head and slowly turned it to Luke,"Ill kill you when I get ym hands on you Lukas!!!"

The doc decided it was time he left doing so Little looked to Lori and pointed his fingers to her feet,"Id like those shoes Miss Davenport."

Lori shook her head and sat down on the bunk,"no, I iant goona chunk em at luke, hell be safe, fer now!"

Luke swallowed hard before looking to her and saying........

"Dix I ain't seen you since ya was 16 and I wasn't back yet from Nashville when you got here and things have been just a might excitin' around here fer me ta notice such things.

BL said still looking at the ring her head snapped up though just in time to see Doc come out of the courthouse also hearing Lori's voice raised again.

"Anybody wanna guess what Doc was over t'the jail for?" she asked the others with an ironic look on her face.

LB frowned at her and pointed his finger.

"Don't you start today!"

BL looked at LB and the others and said sweetly

"If he had kept his barn door closed and she'd kept her clothes on they wouldn't be in this mess......"

Luke swallowed hard before looking to her and saying "Lori I'm sorry if I had kept my pants zipped ya wouldn't be going through this."

Lori jolted up,"YA THINK?? MR SIDE SHOW STUD?!!!! S---!!! DANG IT I REALYL MA NOW!! LORDIE ME IM DEAD, OHHH GREAT THIS'LL GIVE B.L SOMETHING TO RANT ON ME ABOUT NOW!!!!"

Lori looked to the coffe cup with the coffee in it, she slowly walked over to it and flung it at Luke!

"That orta teach ya to keep Luke Jr. put up!!!"

Luke dodged the cup that had soaked the floor in frotn of him,"LITTLE!! GIT HER SHOES!!!!!"

It was to late she'd done threw them at him again,"I swear I orta....."

One of the shoes caught luke in the behind,"D---!!!!"

Luke looked at Lori keeping her shoes with him saying out of breath as she had a godo arm on her......

Rosco walked down about the time all this commotion was going on.

Sheriff Little looked at him, handed him the keys and said, "Open her cell Coltrane."

Rosco did.

Little stepped into the cell, placed Lori over his shoulder and proceeded to carry her upstairs to the 'holding' cell. He sat her on her feet and locked the door as she cursed and ranted.................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down stairs, Luke told Rosco, "Tell Sheriff Little thanks! Here's her shoes but I wouldnt' give them to her anytime soon." They could still hear her downstairs! And at the garage, maybe at the Boar's Nest!

Rosco was still wondering what had set her off. He'd have to ask Little once she calmed down where they could hear and got the mess cleaned up.

Luke looked at Rosco, "Give me a mop and I'll get this while ya'll deal with her." He said with a slight smirk on his face.

BB,LB and Cooter looked up from under the car they were working on hearing the commotion coming from the courthouse.

"Lori's at it again" BB said with a distressed sigh he just wished his female cousins would all calm down.

BL went to the garage door leaning against it so she could hear Lori better and when she heard the comment about her ranting on Lori she grinned wickedly and nodded slightly.

"you can count on it cousin dear you can count on it" she said quietly to herself.

Rosco looked up the stairs listening to Lori screaming her head off then looked back at Luke and shook his head.

"N...no that's ok Luke I'll do it let Little handle her."

Upstairs Little folded his arms feet shoulder width apart as he looked at Lori ranting in the holding cell.

"DAVENPORT! IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I'M GONNA HAVE COLTRANE THROW YOU UNDER THE JAIL!" he bellowed above Lori's rants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Little,"Yessir" she said with a smirk.

Little looked to Lori and said,"You little trouble maker, you couldvwe put his eyes out."

Lori looked to Little,"I know it,I was aiming fer it!!!"

Little shook his head. and slowly walked back down to check on Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The weeks past and it was time to be set free from the jail. Lori jumped up when they let her out and she flew out them doors,"Hold up, miss Davenport first time I hear you tryin to murder someone or anything you'll be brung back in." Sheriff Little said.

Lori looked as she saw Luke walk up she looked to him and smirked shrugging as she walked out. She saw her friend Mylinda pull up, Mylinda had waited for Lori since she knew what was going on. Lori hopped in her car and they drove off to the Boar's Nest, to cause trouble more than likely. As they drove by the garage Lori stuck he rhead out the window,"SEE YALL LATER HA!!!"

Lori stuck her head in the window and drove on with Mylinda. BL looked to Dixie as Dixie looked to everyone else who knew it was going to be exciting!

BL said, "Just noticed that you're kinda dressed up, Cousin."

Dixie replied, "I am not."

Everyone heard the General Lee pull up to the garage without even looking they all new that sound.

Luke figured it was about time to face the 'music' and the Davenport clan. He walked out of the courthouse, watched Lori take off with her friend Mylinda, then he walked slowly across town square to the garage. He'd have like a good stiff drink of shine first but he ws just glad to be out of jail, or at least he thought he was glad.

Lori looked to Mylinda,"Hey turn er around first i want to get the tow truck."

Mylinda nodded turning back and heading that way. Luke looked to BL, whop LB had cupped his hands over her mouth. Luke started to say something when they heard Mylindas car come back. Lori got out and smirked looking to BL,"GO ahead cousin say what ya want, see if I care!"

Lori smirked and started getting smart with everyone. "coot I need the tow truck to get Midnight Rider." Cooter nodded,"Lori we need to have us a talk here."

Lori smirked to Cooter,"The way I feel bout this family Cooter, I aint got nothing to say to no one, Keys please."

Cooter stood firmly and said,"No."

Lori put her hands on her side,"Now Cooter, why must ya go about this all wrong alls i want is the keys to get midnight, no trouble no fights or murders."

She held up three fingers,"Scouts honor."

Cooter looked to her and said..........

Cooter looked to her and said, "Lori, I'll take you to get Midnight. A man's truck is his castle, besides you shouldn't be doing things, ..... ah, ..... like that, .....in your condition." He said but kept getting quieter and quieter.

Every eye in the place went from Cooter to Lori to Luke to Dixie waiting for a reaction.

Luke just held his breath waiting for the explosion!

Dixie swore. She would have liked one night with Luke before all he-- broke loose!

Cooter ducked.

Lori.............

BL couldn't help but...........

LB had dropped his hands from BL's mouth as they all waited for a reaction which was a biiig mistake it gave BL and opportunity and she couldn't help but take it.

"HER condition...Ya make it sound like she's gonna die Cooter she's just gonna get fat!"

BB's mouth at this point fell open along with Luther's BL was really asking for a fight if she kept this sort of thing up.

Lori turned around and got bloody red,"BL YOU WISH TO GOD YOUD NEVER SAID THAT ONE, IVE HAD ENOUGH OF YER SMART REMARKS AND YER D--- MOUTH FLAPPING ALL THE TIME!!!"

Lori turned around to see BL ready to fight, Lori took a swing at her missing first, BL threw a punch and nicked the side of Lori's mouth, Lori turned around and swung again missing on purpose BL ducking Lori pulling her legs out from in under her, Bl fell back with a *THUD* holding her head, Lori jumped on top of her and started swinging, BL swinging back, "NOW THATS ENOUGH YOU TWO!!" Cooter said lifting Lori up off of BL. "I TOLD YA COOTER ID KILL HER!!!! I INTEND TO DO JUST THAT TOO!!!" Lori broke free from Cooter and went straight fer BL again, Lori got one last punch in as LB stepped infront of them grabbing BL and throwing he rover his shoulder. LB looked over his shoulder to his sister,"SHUT UP BL, FER ONCE MY LORD PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!!!!" BL stopped and crossed her arms, Lori's hair in a mess Dixie stood back with Luke away from it all. There was nooo way in heck shed get in the middle of this one. Luke looked down to Dixie, his eyes wide. "Now I wont you two to look each other in the eyes and apologize!" Luther spoke up and broke the silence. Lori looked down as Cooter back off, Lori fixed her hair and stood with her hands in her pockets, fists clenched. "I aint about to say sorry til she does."

BL looked down and backl up to meet Lori's icy stare.

Lori turned around to Cooter,"MY CONDITION, HOW IN THE H---, DI DYA'LL FIND OUT?!!" "LEMME GUESS BIG MOUTH DAVENPORT HERE OVERHEARD IN THE JAIL FROM WHEN I THREW THE CUP OF COFFEE AT LUKE AND SHE BLURTED IT OUT TO EVERYONE!!!"

"I KNOW I DEFINENTLY AITN SAYING SORRY TO HER NOW, GIVE ME THE GOSH D--- KEYS!!!"

Lori jerked the keys from Cooter and hopped in the tow truck buring rubber down the road.

"Ya know, Dix, I was gonna suggest we go grab a beer at the Boar's Nest but that suddenly seems a bad idea." Luke sighed, "I thought you had her for a second there, Cooter."

"She took MY truck!" he exclaimed surprised at Lori's actions.

Suddenly everyone was looking to Luke, who said, "Oh, but no. I'm the LAST person on several Earth's that she'll listen too. But, I agree with Cooter, she doesn't need to be operating that wrecker."

Dixie rolled her eyes, "She's pregnant guys not DEAD. You hook up a chain and pull a couple levers."

LB still had BL who had her arms folded and about the meanest look any of them had ever seen thrown over his shoulder.

"LB put me down and I'll go get Lori" she said calmly but her face said she was anything but calm as she wiped the blood dripping from her nose.

"OH NO you defenitly ain't gonna be the one to go after her" Luther put his foot down he'd had enough of this bickering between the two girls.

LB put his sister down but he didn't move his arm out from around her waist he intended to keep her from going anywhere. He took out his hankerchief and moved her hand from her bleeding nose cupping the cloth over it and pinching to lessen the bloodflow.

Luther got in his car and drove on to follow Lori. When he caught up to her he got on the cb and told he rto pull over lori had tears in her eyes and pulled off, hsving been there with Midnight Rider, she looked at the cabin and softly whispered,"Uncle Luther....I...I love Luke, I honeslty do, I know though he doesn't love me back, but I can't help it, I hate fightin with ym cousins I want this to all stop!!!!" Lori bursted out into tears and cried into her uncle's shoulder,Luther looked down to her and rubbed her hair away from her eyes,"S'ok darlin, you still gonna come live with me aint ya?" Lori nodded,"Y..Yes I am." Luther smiled he knew Luke wouldn't get the chance to hurt his niece more than what he had. "First Ill tow this and we'll get it fixed up, then we'll go say our apologies, have this reunion and head home, sound good?"

Lori nodded. Luther pulled the chain and pushed the levers lifting the car up. Lori got in his car and drove it back to the garage, everyone sighed in relief to see Lori back in one piece. Dixie looked to BL who then thy both looked to Lori and said...................

Dixie saw that Lori had some what calmed down, she went to her older cousin and said, "Lori, I know how much pain this reunion has caused but we'd all like us all to be able to go have a good time for a short while before we all go our separate ways. Cousin, I'm sorry for all the pain I helped cause you." Dixie paused, "You have something with Luke that I may never have -- a child. I don't know if I'll ever see him or you after this weekend. Can we all plaes bury the hatchet and be civil for the rest of the weekend?"

Luke was a bit puzzled by Dixie's comments to Lori, but figured they'd talk later, at least he hoped they would.

Lori................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori nodded in acceptance to Dixie's apology.

"Apology accepted...I don't want to fight either just want to have a good time with my family."

Next it was BL's turn somewhat reluctantly she approached Lori apologies weren't always easy for her.

"I'm sorry" mumbled through the hankerchief still on her nose.

Just as the girls were burying the hatchet a dark yellow mustang with a black hood came pulling upto the garage. A man with dark brown hair that came almost to his chin and dark brown eyes to match stepped out. Seeing the three women one of them with a cloth on her nose he rushed over and put his arm around her waist and asked in a loving concerned tone.

"B you alright?"

BL nodded and took the cloth away from her nose as he turned her head up by her chin to have a look.

"I'm fine Konrad cousin Lori decided to reach out and touch someone with her fist and it was me she touched."

Konrad raised an eyebrow at his wife then looked at the other two women.

BL sighed and then looked at her husband then the rest of the family that had congregated around the four young adults.

"Time ta meet the family....that's Dixie,Lori,BB,Uncle Luther,Uncle and Uncle Bobbie Lee you know Cooter and LB."

Konrad looked at all of them as BL pointed to each one in turn and then said

"Hi I'm Konrad Duke, Luke's cousin."

BL chuckled at him and said

"Better watch it dear being kin to Luke around here could still get ya lynched."

Konrad chuckled and headed back for his car BL getting in hers following him heading for the boar's nest for their usual drinks and singing it was sort of a Davenport tradition.