Davenport Family Reunion.

LoriDavenport

There had been several years that Luke had seen a lot of girls a whole lot wilder than Cooter's cousin. At the time he had thought that was the type of girl he wanted then Dixie had came along and he eventually found out that he had missed having a steady girl as apposed to all those one night stands. Right now though he was stressed out, tired and the shine had now hit bottom since he'd stood up. He was more relaxed than he'd been in weeks. He knew right now he was more relaxed than he probably should be, because he had a feeling Lori was about to make a play for him and he wasn't sure he'd turn her down. That thought kinda bothered him because he knew he hadn't thought it through, but right now he had too many things going on to think them all through at once.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori looked up to Luke who looked into her soft chocolate eyes...

Luke put his strong arms around Lori and kissed her passionatley. Lori spoke inbetween breaths,"Luke... " Luke gently put his finger to her lips, quieting her down. Luke kissed her more, his arms moving lower. Eventually they made there way to the sleeping bags and (to quote ACDC'S song, Lori shook Luke all night long!)

~~~~

When things were done Luke looked to Lori, breathing hard, saying.........

When things were done Luke looked to Lori, breathing hard, saying, "That was the best time I've had in years." She had been right she was a bit wild and he surely wasn't her first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm dawn was breaking as Jesse started coffee. He heard a car pulling in fast and tires sliding on gravel as the brakes were put on hard. He looked out the window to see a fuming Rosco heading his way, "Alright you Dukes I have a search warrant! Now open up!"

Jesse rolled his eyes, as he stepped to the door.

Bo was out of the bed grabbing pants, boots and his shirt as he hit the floor on his bare feet.

Beth looked at him like he'd lost his mind, "What are you doing?" She asked sleepily not having heard Rosco.

Bo replied as he stepped quickly into his pants and boots at almost the same time. "Rosco. Search warrant." was his only half reasonable explaination.

Beth rolled her eyes and put on her robe.

As Jesse stepped to the door he asked, "A search warrant for WHAT?"

Rosco was pleased as punch, "To search your entire farm for one Lucas Duke!"

"For Lukkkkkeeee?" Jesse trailed off, "Rosco have you lost your mind? You arrested him last night. He's in jail!"

"Well, he's not now so he's got to be here." Rosco looked a bit shaken as Daisy, Beth and Dixie stepped into the kitchen behind Bo.

At the news that Luke was no longer in jail the others were a bit surprised. How could he have gotten away without any of their help?

~~~~~~~~~~

As dawn broke at the still sight Luke stirred. The surroundings were familiar to him as he'd spent many nights there. Then, he realized he had something very warm beside him. At that moment, MOST of last night came back to him. He would have likely kicked himself bck to the farm if Lori wasn't laying almost on top of him. Luke decided to lay very still in hopes of not waking Lori up, at least until he pulled himself together. His thoughts were running wild about what had happened and ALL the reasons it shouldn't have happened. He could start the long list off with facing Cooter, Dixie, Jesse and numerous others. Not to mention that in the shape his was in last night he felt that he couldn't have been anything special let alone careful -- that thought alone was enough to bring him totally awake.

Lori panting hard had said,"Ye...yea Luke...I...I..thank ya, it was something special to me." Lori fell over exhausted.

~~~~~~

That morning Lori woke up as she felt a warm presence in under her. She looked to find Luke in under her Lori rubbed her eyes rolling over pulling the covers over her head, groaning.

"Is it mornin already?" Lori felt like she had never flet before, Luke had really rocked her world last night. Luke looked to Lori and........

~~~~~~~~

Bo, looked to Uncle Jesse,"I'll go out and try and find him." with that Bo took off in the General. Cooter woke up to an empty house, it felt soo lonely to him he was use to havin his sister and cousin there.

It was all Jesse could do to hold Bo back until Rosco finished his search of the farm. Then he cautioned, "Bo, remember Rosco will be watching to follow you to find Luke. He had a search warrant and it was all legal like, so if you find him be careful what you put over the radio, but get me and we'll figure out how to keep him from serious trouble."

Bo heard Jesse, but his mind was racing trying to figure out where Luke was an how he got out of jail as he opened the door, "Right!"

Dixie reached for his arm, "Bo, I may be able to find him."

Bo looked to Jesse for help.

Jesse spoke gently to the young lady that had been a member of his family for years in every aspect but a name, "If he has any problems finding Luke, he'll call us. Right, Bo?"

Relief showed in Bo's face, "I sure will!" Then he was gone out the door and pulled the General Lee out in a cloud of dust.

Dixie had to wonder if Lori had anything to do with Luke's disappearance from the jail.

~~~~~~~~

When Cooter woke to a quiet house, he immediately got concerned. Finding that not only Dixie who'd when home with Beth Duke wasn't there but also Lori wasn't there either. "Maybe she did leave!" He said scratching his beard. Though he really didn't think so. After putting coffee on he decided to call the Duke farm.

Jesse answered hoping it was Luke, "Duke farm."

"Uncle Mr. Jesse, Dixie went home with Beth. She is still there right?" Cooter asked concerned.

Jesse was a bit annoyed and replied, "Cooter I ain't your danged Uncle, but yes she is."

Cooter knew something was up, "Would Lori happen to be there too?" He hoped they hadn't both ended up there and showed their bad manners on Jesse.

"Ah, no. Haven't seen her." Jesse said. He could tell Cooter was frustrated at having to try to locate his kin folk and that he understood this morning better than most. "Now, I've got a question for you?"

Cooter replied, "OK."

Jesse asked, "You haven't seen Luke since he was arrested last night have you?"

"Ah, ....... no. No, Sir, I haven't." Cooter replied.

Jesse decided to pass along some needed information in case Cooter did see him, "Well, if you do see him, tell him I was woke up by the Sheriff with a search warrant for the entire farm looking for him." Jesse knew that Cooter may not be the sharpest tool in the shead but would tell Luke and Luke would read the rest of the story from what Jesse hadn't said.

Cooter replied, "I'll tell him if I see him, but you know Luke, if he don't want to be found."

Jesse replied, "That's what worries me. Just keep your eyes open."

Cooter nodded his head,"Alright Uncle Jesse, i will."

Cooter, knowing Luke was outta jail now, knew Lori didn't leave, and knew were she had really went to, to help Luke escape. Cooter shook his head heading out the door.He went to his tow truck,"This heres Crazzzy cooter, calling lost sheep, ya go tya ears on?"

Bo picked up the CB, frustrated at Luke."Yea i do cooter, what is it?"

Cooter." Well I may know, you know who is with you-know her."

Bo shook his head,"Yea, I know Cooter. the problem is finding them."

Cooter nodded,"10-4 Im gone, ill catch up and follow ya we'll search these hills left and right. Bo, whom knew the first place to look, cause he was a Duke, was at the old still sight. Bo headed up that way to find Midnight Rider, parked outside on the road, Bo shook his head,"This heres Lost sheep calling crazzy C, I found you know him and you know her."

Cooter thought,"At the you know where, I got it 10-4 im gone."

~~~~~~~

Lori got up blushing alittle hiding from Luke putting her clothes on, her hair was dishelved and she had no brush to comb her hair. Luke looked at her and shook his head half smiling a little.......

He had to give it to both Davenport women, they were a sight prettier than Cooter! For better or worse they had done what they did last night. Before leaving to see if they could get Cooter out here to fix Lori's car Luke felt he had to say something more before everyone got into this. He put his arms out taking Lori into them. "I'm sorry things weren't 'better' last night for you. I know from what Bo tells me you had waited on that for a long time. I was heading for day three without sleep and, ....." He looked and felt a bit embarrassed, "Jesse's shine has a way of kicking ya when your down." He wasn't at all sure that under other circumstances if he'd taken things as far as he did last night or if he'd ever go there with Lori again, however, if she had wanted this for that long then he should have made it special for her and he didn't feel as though he had.

Lori blushed a brighter red, "Luke. Yes, I had wanted to be with you for years and it was great for me."

Looking up at the sun Luke knew it was getting late, "Come on let's see if you can radio that cousin of yours."

Lori wasn't ready for their time to end, but knew Luke was right as she followed him out of the tiny cabin.

As they exited the cabin they looked up to see Bo and Cooter heading their way.

At that precise moment Cooter and Bo had seen them. Now, Cooter had slept out before, but he was none too happy at the site he saw heading his way.

Lori looked to Cooter,who was steaming mad and Bo, the same way. Lori looked up to Luke and said,"Ive done it now......Ho...Howdy cousin."

Cooter stopped infrotn of them and saw Lori's hair as it was a mess, Cooter looked heavenward and then back down to her,"Lori, tell em the truth, did you help Luke escape?"

Lor looked up to Luke and then to Cooter, "Yes sir I did, and I dont regret it either..."

Cooter cut her off,"What in samhill do ya think your doing Lori, i thought you....."

Lori sprang mad that davnport blood in her."You look here cousin, Luke never started nothin' with Ernie Ernie started it, and if Rosco wants to take Luke to jail then Im going with him, Is as much as my fault as it is Lukes, Luke is innocent im the one who helped him escape, h---, Ill even tell Rosco i kidnapped him!!!"

Luke looked down at Lori and then to Bo,"Well Luke, got something to say?? Rosco's lookin fer ya, and Uncle Jesse's mighty upset." Bo said tapping his foot.

Lori looked to luke and rubbed her eyes, Cooter, changed the subject and looked at Luke and then to Lori,"Just what have ya;ll been doin??" Cooter noiticing the dishelved look with lukes curls and loris tangled hair.

Before either Luke or Lori could answer Bo or Cooter the bushes began to move behind Bo and a familiar voice said, "Well, I'm mighty glad that you confessed to helping this no account criminal escape there little lady." said one Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane.

Luke now answered Bo, "Yeah, Bo I got soemthing ta say. Thanks for bringing Rosco with you!"

The bunch was so surprised that Rosco had actually gotten something right they were at a lose for words or ideas at that moment.

Rosco told them, "Ok, all four of you just head on back to the cars. You're all under arrest! Enos and acting Dep. Cletus make sure that they get there!"

Enos asked, "Ghee, Sheriff, what did Bo and Cooter do?"

Rosco was gleaming. He had them. Had them all, dead to rights. "Book Luke Duke on Escape charges in addition to the fighting charge. Ms. Davenport there on Misdemeanor Aiding Escape. And those two for Aiding an Escapee!"

Luke could only see Jesse going right through the roof! He couldn't help but say, "Holy Sh--!" He knew Rosco was right and with the shook of THAT and the events of the past couple days he was fresh out of ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to the Dukes and Davenports disorientation and lack of good ideas, Rosco managed to get them back to the jail where he placed Cooter in the cell with Ernie and Bo and Luke in the other one. Lori was put in the old seldom used cell upstairs.

Luke figured he'd started this mess so he should be the one to call Jesse who was going to blow his stack sky high. "Rosco can I use the phone to call Jesse?"

Rosco thought about it. He decided not to take the chance on opening the door. "I'll do ya one better than that! I'll call for you."

Though Luke wasn't at all looking forward to talking to Jesse he felt it would have went over better with Jesse had he called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco stepped to the phone upstairs and placed a call to the Duke farm where everyone knew something was taking way too long for anyone to let them know anything.

Jesse's big toe had been hurting all morning. He answered the phone on the first ring. "Duke farm."

"Well good morning again, Jesse." Rosco began happily.

Jesse wasn't in the mood. "No Luke ain't here so you don't have to come all the way out here again and tear my place apart again."

"Well, now Jesse, I surely appreciate that, but see I know where Luke is............and Bo, ..... and Cooter and that Davenport girl that's always causing trouble are." Rosco said cheerfully.

Jesse almost bellowed, "Well, where in tarnation are they?"

Rosco couldn't stop the laugh as he replied, "Well, they are all safe and sound right here in the jail house."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was slightly glad to be out of Cooter's gaze, but felt for Luke who was downstairs with him and Bo. She had no idea that Ernie was also still there. She hoped Rosco hadn't put Luke and Cooter in the same cell downstairs. She feared it might get ugly if he had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downstairs, Cooter glared at Luke. He wanted to find out exactly what had happened between Lori and Luke. But, he didn't want it told in front Ernie. Hopefully, Jesse would be there soon to get them or Ernie would bond out soon. He was sure that Luke and Lori had been together and he wasn't at all happy with how this was all going to effect his family reunion with everyone due to start arriving in town today. Now, both he and Lori were in jail.

Lori stood up there hoping to think of a way to get them outta there again.. So... Lori started singing to thr top of her lungs and screaming, it sounded good, if it wasnt so high pitched. Enos looked at Lori and said,"Ohhh No you dont, I aint falin fer that one again." Lori kicked the wall and started cussin, "Enos, c'mon let Bo and Cooter out they didn't do nothing, heck Ill confess, hey Rosco, come here a minute." Rosco trudged over to were she was. "Ready to hear the truth sheriff."

Rosco sighed,"If its comin from yer mouth I doubt it bein the truth, but Ill listen."

Luke didnt start the fight in the bar.....I did." "Ernie started his mouth and I jumped him, Luke just helped a little,he may have had the tire tool in his hands, but I promise Rosco, it was all me. And last night, he didn't wanna leave the jail, but I made him, I kidnapped him. And Cooter and Bo, they didn;t do anything and you'd hate it if I called the feds and got them here on account you holding two people down there on no charges what so ever."

Rosco took this into account, "You just confessed with your own mouth, now I can get you outa Hazzard, you little trouble maker."

Rosco walked down and opened the cell door to let Luke, Bo, and Cooter out, leaving Ernie in the one down and Lori in the one up. As they walked up Luke looked at Lori and looked to Rosco,"Give us a minute Rosco, you made her say something didnt you."

Rosco just laughed and walked on, he was happy he had caught one trouble maker, hed get the Dukes later.

Lori took Luke's chin on her hand, softly turning his head around to her,"Luke, I....he never made me say anything, I said it all."

Luke looked to Lori and softly replied to her before leaving, Cooter watching him staring a hole through him.

~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Dixie and Beth had gooten into Beth's car and was headed to the jail, much to their surpirse they saw Cooter, and Bo walk out. Beth ran to him hugging him, then smacking him. Dixie looked at Cooter who was fit to be tied. "Were's Luke and Lori at?" Beth asked, Bo looked to Cooter and then back to Beth,"Honey, uh I think we best discuss this at home whilst rosco is feelin so giddy, Luke's inside talkin to Lori" Bo whispered in Beth's ear so Dixie couldn't hear. Dixie wasnt so sure if she was glad to see her cousin in jail or not.

NOTE: The Judge in this is not Boss Hogg. For my purposes he is a traveling Judge that works three Counties (Hazzard, Chickasaw, and Osage) since there isn't a lot of crime. He only comes to Hazzard to set bonds and have trials. This is also a means to limiting Boss Hoggs and the other Commissioners power. In my mind I always liked Brian Keith's character Judge Hardcastle. I'll use the name and you can picture him as such but he has no connection with the Hardcastle and McCormick show in this story. Also I'm only borrowing him and plan to return him in tact. Also, the laws may be 'bent' a little to accomodate the story, besides it is Hazzard County law, right????

As Cooter watched Luke, he was staring a hole through him. He wished he knew what Luke and Lori were talking about. He'd be waiting to talk to Luke though.

Luke looked to Lori and softly replied to her before leaving, "You shouldn't have said anything. I'm glad it got those two outta here, but you shouldn't have done it." He knew what he should do. It invovled walking right back downstairs and making Rosco lock him back up. He didn't like Ernie, but he couldn't see him setting in jail while Luke walked for the same fight. And, he couldn't see letting Lori pay for his mistakes. He had actually got into the fight with Ernie over Dixie. Luke wasn't even sure how Lori thought that was her fault or why she took the blame for it. But Luke wouldn't go back downstairs. He--, Rosco had LET him go so now there was only one thing to do, get Lori out and in the process he knew he'd let Ernie out too. He said even quieter, "You know I'll be back. Be ready for anything." He gave her a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Luke was outside he tought about going back and letting Rosco lock him back up. It may have been safer!

Cooter glared at Luke, "I'd like to talk to you."

Dixie, Bo, Daisy and Beth all caught the tone of the usually friendly mechanics voice. They knew he was peeved. Bo was the only one that likely knew why.

Luke was saved by Jesse walking up to them, "Stand in line, Cooter. Luke."

Luke wisely walked over to Jesse's truck and got in.

Jesse began, "First, tell me that you all didn't just escape again?"

Luke replied, "No. Lori told Rosco a line of BS. He believed her and let us go."

Jesse started the pickup, "Ok, just's so I'm not unknowingly driving an escapee around."

As Luke expained the whole thing (well he left out the part about him and Lori for now) to Jesse as he drove Luke out to the still site to get the General Lee. Tell Bo I've got him and will be home in a bit.

Jesse reminded him, "Ok, but we'll finish this (talk) later. You're not off the hook that easy. And, Stay,.... Out,.... of ,.... Trouble!"

Luke nodded as he climbed in the General's window. He didn't look forward to the rest of their talk. He had managed to keep talking so that Jesse couldn't lecture him. But, he'd get his turn eventually. Luke just had too much on his mind to hear a lecture from Jesse right now. The first on his list was getting Lori out before Rosco could do anyhting stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke hide the General in a drive way across town that was over grown with flowering bushes that covered the very noticeable car. He watched as Rosco walked toward the diner. Enos had left a few minutes before which meant that Cletus was the only one on duty. Luke slipped through the double doors and saw Cletus asleep at the desk. He smiled.

Lori pointed towards the keys alying on the desk.

Luke caefully picked the keys up so that the brass keys would not clinck against each other and wake Cletus. He held up a finger for Lori to hold on a minute as he went down the stairs. He silently opened the door to Ernie's cell.

Ernie looked very confussed, "Why?"

Luke smiled and said, "I'll explain it to you over a beer sometime."

They quietly made their way back upstairs. Luke unlocked Lori's cell door while Ernie waited. Lori hugged Luke and they turned to leave. Luke was just about to put the keys back on the desk as Rosco and the Judge came in the door.

When Rosco saw them and that Luke was holding the keys, he went straight for his gun. "Freeze it right there!"

This woke up Cletus who was now alert.

Rosco continued, "Ok, you two just turn right around and head downstairs. Cletus lock up this girl again, if you think you can do that without anyone getting away from you. I'll take these two downstairs. Judge, I'll have you a whole mess of paperwork here in just a jiffy!"

Judge Hardcastle assured the Sheriff, "If you are telling me that all three of these people are in your custody, believe me they won't get by me!"

NARRATOR: Now everyone knew that Ed Little was tuff over in Chickasaw County, but even old Ed was scared of Hardcastle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later Rosco had explained the fight that Ernie and Luke were into and that they both weapons. That Lori had broken Luke out. He even included catching them with Cooter and Bo and charging them. Then he told the Judge that Lori had told him a bunch of stuff that had intially caused him to release Bo, Cooter and Luke, but that his 'investigation' had proved it to by hogg wash. Rosco concluded by saying, "And, then you saw what I did. That no account Duke letting the girl and that Ledbetter fellow go."

Judge Hardcastle took all this into consideration and asked, "Now Sheriff, I know that a lot of cases expecially involving the Dukes aren't exactly above board, but you are telling me you had Luke Duke and Ernie Ledbetter for fighting and they had weapons?"

Rosco repliled, "That Luke Duke had a tire tool in his hand and Ledbetter had a big ol' chain swinging it. I was afraid they'd hurt each other this time. They've fought since Jr. High."

Hardcastle shook his head, 'OK', then asked, "How do you know the Davenport girl helped him escape?"

Rosco replied, "My Deputy saw them. Said she told him something about a fire hydrant in the middle of the street. Then he saw them leave together. That Ledbetter fellow must have seen it too."

Hardcastle continued, "Then you caught them with Bo Duke and Cooter Davenport the next morning?"

Rosco said, "Yes, and the Davenport girl was confessing that she helped Luke Duke escape. Both my deputies heard this too."

"What did she tell you to make her let the rest of them go?" asked Hardcastle.

"Well, she told me that the fight was her doing and that the others had nothing to do with helping Luke escape." Rosco continued, "But, since they had the weapons and no one saw her involved in the fight then I tend to believe they were at fault. I also checked out the cabin where we found them later. It was stocked with sleeping bags, kerosene for the lantereens and some food supplies such as coffee and canned goods. I believe that Cooter and Bo had brought themthe supplies. But, anyway they knew Luke had been arrested the night before and had escaped. They were with him and hadn't made an attempt to turn him in so that was harboring and escapee."

Hardcastle nodded. This was the Sheriff that he knew years ago before greed and Boss Hogg took him over. He had cases. He sat back in his chair and stretched as he tought. Then, he sat up reached in his drawer, put some forms in the typewriter and began to type. A short while later he handed Rosco a stack of papers.

Rosco looked confussed. Most everything he'd had before this judge had been thrown out. "What's this?"

Hardcastle was reaching for the phone, but stopped, "Well, Sheriff I know it has been awhile since you did some honest law work but these here are warrants for Bo Duke and Cooter Davenport. I want them picked up and in my Court first thing in the morning. I'll be staying in town tonight. Do you think you can get this done, Sheriff?"

Rosco set up a bit straighter, "I sure will have them there Judge."

"Ok," Hardcastle continued, "These are 'Holds' that I put on Luke Duke, Ernie Ledbetter and Lori Davenport. I'll see them in court tomorrow also. I suggest with two escapes in these cases thus far that you call Ed Little. He's been wanting some extra work and you could use a good man to hang onto these people while you and your men are out picking up the others."

Now Rosco didn't like the idea of asking Sheriff Little for anything but it made sense. He couldn't be everywhere. "Ok, I'll call Sheriff Little. Once he gets here I'll go pick up these two. Thank you Judge."

Hardcstle had to tell the Sheriff, "Rosco between you, me and the wall, if you did more work like this you'd get a lot further in my court and more people would respect you."

Part 2 to follow!

Once Sheriff Little arrived Rosco picked up Bo and Cooter over at the garage and promptly returned them to the jail. They knew Hardcastle and when they saw the warrants issued by him they didn't want to cross the judge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse had only heard bits and pieces and had the others. No one had caught up with Luke or Lori to hear the entire story which some were very eager to hear and others thought it might be best to only wonder about it. So the entire Duke and Davenport clans were on hand for the court proceedings the next day.

When everything was sorted out Luke was being charged with Fighting, Jail Escape and Aiding a Jail Escape. Lori would be charged with Aiding a Jail Escape and Jail Escape. Ernie Ledbetter would be charged with Fighting and Jail Escape. Bo and Cooter would be charged with Aiding an Escapee. Judge Hardcastle sentenced them to the following: Bo and Cooter Time Served, because Rosco couldn't prove they did bring them anything but had made his point by havign them picked back up and letting them spend the night in jail for not reporting Luke's location. Ernie who had been in jail most also got Time Served and a fifity dollar fine since he would have left when Luke let him out. The last two were Luke and Lori. Hardcastle had read and re read the reports. He knew love was blind but these two seemed to be just plan crazy. He wanted their attention. He saw Luke first, and asked him how he plead to the charges.

Luke replied, "Guilty, Your Honor. May I say something else?"

Hardcastle knew what it was going to be, but allowed it, "Ok."

Luke stated, "I'm guilty as charged and Lori Davenport had nothing to do with any of it. She's trying to keep me out of trouble."

Hardcastle merly said, "I'll take that into consideration. I'll see her then before I sentence you."

Luke nodded.

When Hardcastle say Lori he asked her how she plead to the charges.

Lori replied, "Guilty, Your Honor. May I say something else?"

Hardcastle knew what it was going to be, but allowed it, "Ok."

Lori stated, "I'm guilty as charged and Luke Duke had nothing to do with any of it. He's trying to keep me out of trouble."

Hardcastle smiled and said, "I'll take that into consideration. Rosco get Luke Duke back up here. I'll break for five minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was brought back before the judge.

Hardcastle had them both approach the bench, "I've heard the same story from you both. It's great that you're taking responsibility for your own actions, but I find it troublesome that you are BOTH trying to take responsibility for each others actions. I sentence you both to 1 year on both of the Aiding a Jail Escape and Jail Escape to run back to back. Luke I'm also sentencing you to thirty days on the fight charge but I'll run it with the 2 one year sentences."

The looks on their faces showed he'd gotten their attention.

It was clear he had gotten the rest of the clans attention also. He was really sentencing them both to TWO YEARS in jail! Sweat broke out on Bo's forehead almost as bad as it had on Luke's at Hardcastle's words.

Hardcastle continued, "Now you see that I don't take this foolishness lightly. I will suspend all of the above sentences except for thirty days with out credit for whatever little time you've both been here trying to figure out a way out of here. In case any of your friends decide to 'help you out' I'll tell you that if Rosco so much as leaves the door open you'd better stay parked or I will re-instate the full two years with the maximum sentence for whatever else you have done. Do I make myself clear?"

Luke found his voice, "Crystal, Your Honor. Thank you."

Hardcastle also cautioned, "Sheriff Little will be helping Rosco to make sure that you do stay put, also. Sheriff they are all yours and good work this time."

Rosco was pleased as punch as he took both Luke and Lori downstairs and placed them in separate cells.........

Loir looked to Luke,"Luke, im sorry I ever came back, Im sorry that what happened between you and me probably shouldve never happened now ive got the entire family, both families in trouble, and theres no way i can help."

Lori sat down against the bar wall that kept her and luke seperated. Luke sat down behind her, their backs and heads together.........

~~~~~~~

Uncle Jesse walked in with Cooter in behind them,"Luke, our talk, well Cooter's part of it too, cause we gotta talk to Lori as well..

Lori looked over her shoulder to Luke who had hated to tell what happened between them.

Luke looked at Jesse. Swallowed hard getting up his nerve to ask the only question he could think of about their talk. "Do you really want to do this in front of Sheriff Little?" He sincerely hoped not but the chances of Jesse or Cooter waiting thirty days wasn't really likely either. He felt his chest begin to tighten at the thought of the upcoming talk.

Jesse looked to Sheriff Little and then to Luke,"I want to know the truth Luke, yes we're going to talk about it infront of sheriff little." Cooter looked at Lori,"Yea,s ame as you young lady, B.B and L.B will get here and wonder wha thappened to their cousin and I want em to know the truth." Lor swallowed really hard, a lump in her throat,"Coo......"

Cooter shook his head,"I dont wanna hear it Loren Crystal Davenport!!!"

Lori looked to Cooter, he used her full name,he meant business.

Luke sighed when he heard Jesse's answer. He was pretty sure that would be the answer. When Cooter mentioned LB and BB coming to town, Luke wasn't at all happy. He'd dealt with a mad Cooter and his father Luther before and that hadn't been pleasant. Looked like he'd be dealing with Cooter, LB and BB this time around. Luke hoped to satisfy Jesse first. "I thought I'd told ya most of it. Everyone's temper got a little out of control at the Boar's Nest the other night. Ernie and I had one of our usual fights. Lori helped me to, ah, ....... escape. We broke down just outta town. I got it to the old wor......... (He satarted to say works but remembered Sheriff Little setting about fifteen feet away.) "Hunting cabin. We spent the night. Bo and Cooter showed up about the time I was going to have Lori call for Cooter to bring some tools. Rosco was right behind them and arrested all of us. Lori told Rosco a bunch of mess. He let us go adn kept her. I couldn't see her taking blame for my fight and getting me out......."

Jesse continured, "So you go the hairbrained idea to get her out?"

Luke nodded, 'yes', But said, "Yes, Sir, it was kinda that way. And then, ......."

Jesse asked, "You got yourself caught?"

Luke nodded 'yes' ever so slightly, "Yeah." He hoped those were the answers they were looking for.

Cooter looked to Uncle Jesse,"I believe on that part, but Cooter was wake all night, worried over ya'll, if you was in thr hunting cabin, there something else that wne ton that you aint telling us, Lori?"

Loir swallowed really hard whispering in Luke's ear,"Luke what do we do?"

Cooter looked to Lori and glared at herm"Tell us the truth Lori."

Lori looked up,"That is the truth" she grumbled under her breath,"Fer the most part."

Cooter looked to Jesse, then back to Luke,"I think you know what Im asking Luke." Lori got up and went to the bars,"Leave him alone Cooter, if he doesnt wanna talk about it dont make him, please."

Cooter looked to Lori, she looked helpless and she had a tear in her eye. Cooter looked down to Luke then to Uncle Jesse,"Uncle Jesse lets give these two time to think bou things."Cooter walked out Uncle Jesse folowing in behind.Lori knelt back down leaning back up against the bars sighing.

The give away to Jesse was that when he looked at Luke. Luke looked away.

Luke gave them time to clear the top of the steps before he spoke, "Lori I would have handled Cooter. We are both adults here. I was going to tell him that it wasn't any of his business and it ain't, but I couldn't have said that to Jesse that way. I was trying to make sure who was asking what. My not telling them wasn't anything against you. I don't kiss and tell. The whole county can assume anything they want, but believe it I'm better than that to girls. I figure if they want to tell it fine, but even they stretch things a bit. He--," He stood up and walked to the barred door, "How do you think I got the reputation I got. It's not all true."

Lori looked up with tears in her eyes.......

Lori looked up with tears in her eyes,"Im sorry Luke, my lord I know you could've handled Cooter, but hes my cousin, I iant one to kiss and tell neither, I dont say one word, what do you think about my reputation round here huh? Yea I didnt ge tthat good over night I tell ya that much!"

Luke looked at Lori surprised and shook his head," Be quite frank with ya Lori I never paid those nasty rumors no attention, I never thought there was truth behind em."

Lori smirked,"They wasn't true, you men can strtch the truth just as far as we can."

Lori looked down, she kicked the wall in anger and went to her door as well, singing a soft tune to herself, it wa sa song her mother played to her before she passed, Lori loved it and sung it in church whne she got the chance to lead choir.

Stepped as close to the bars near Lori where Little couldn't hear and smiled an evil smile, "Yep, you pretty good at that!" He wasn't saying good at what though in case Little could hear. Luke was thinking it was going to be a LOoonnnnggggg 30 days.

~~~~~

Meanwhile Dixie was waiting for Cooter and Jesse to come out of the jail. She knew she couldn't visit either until tomorrow.

Luke saw Lori's wink. Yeah it was going to be a looonnnngggg thirty days. This close to her and still not able to be with her. He kicked hisself mentally. What in the heck was he thinking? Dixie was back after all these years after swearing never to return to Hazzard. She did and came looking for HIM and here he was taking her cousin to bed. What was he thinking???? But it was really warm in the jail today!

~~~~~~~~

Dixie watched Cooter walk on and saw Jesse's look to Bo and Beth. She felt totally lost.

Her mood was not missed by Beth who gave Cooter and Jesse sort of a dirty look, "Honey, come on with us. I think Daisy's off. We'll get rid of Bo and have us a girls night like we used to when Luke and Bo used to get into trouble."

Dixie nodded, "Thanks Beth. I could use some girl talk with someone other than my cousin who I'd like to tlak to while I........ " She sighed "Never mind. Thanks. Yes, I'll come."

Loir laughed noticing some of the expressions Luke was giving her, there was one rumore that was true thoug, se could turn a man on quicker thna a fly to a cowpile, and turn him off just as quick, she wasnt all that much of a tease, just a little though. Lori started fanning herslef a little taking off her jacket and letting her hair hang loose. "Sure is gettin hot in here aint it Luke?"

Lori looked to luke and smiled turning away to her bed laying down on it relaxing.

Sheriff Littl elooked at them as if they was two young teenagers who'd lost their everloving minds.

~~~~~~

Cooter went back to the garage and went to work on old man Tolliver's truck, he cussed in under his breath as B.B and L.B walked up in behind him.