Welcome Back Lori

LoriDavenport

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo sighed and put a hand on each of Luke's shoulder, rubbing them gently.

"Luke calm down...now anyone with an ounce of sense can see that Candy adores you...just like you adore her...maybe that is her older brother but she ain't ready to tell you about him yet...maybe he's got an illness or something...you know...there could be a thousand explanations for this Luke...but her not loving you is not one of them, I promise ya that."

Lori ran out to tell Candy about Jack, however it was too late. By the time she got there, Candy was already tied up and being thrown into the back of the car.

"Candy!!"

The scream had barly left her lips as a board came swinging down directly onto the back of Lori's head, knocking her out cold. The last thing she saw, before her world went black, as she lay face up on the ground was the sight of one of Jack's best friend grinning down at her...he had come to Hazzard to help Jack finish the job Candy had helped him to start.

As Lori passed out, the man above picked her off the floor and slung her over his shoulder, sauntering casually to Jack's car and tossing her like a sack of potatoes into the back with Candy. The blood from the back of Lori's head was smeared on his shirt, and her hair was matted to the bump on her head.

As his friend climbed into the passenger seat of the car, Jack looked to the back with eyes as cold as ice and a grin just as cold.

He chuckled to himself at the fright in Candy's eyes before turning back to the front, roaring the engine to life and speeding away into the dark.

(thanks BoJamesDuke for helping i decided to use your post that you helped me with to go back to for future references.)

At some point during the trip, Candy actually fell asleep and didn't wake up again until, she guessed from the light pouring into the small room from a cracked and dusty window, some point the next morning.

Swallowing against her dry throat she opened her eyes and tried to move, only to find her arms tied behind her back around a post and her legs bound at the ankles in front of her.

She then tried to talk, but found the gag still in her mouth from the night before...it was then she put two and two together and figured that it had been soaked with chloroform...well enough to keep her out for the night anyway...

Lori, still sore from the nasty bump on her head, slowly opened up her eyes and blinked, trying to get everything into focus. Lori swallowed and moved her aching jaw, finding then her mouth filled with a gag. Starting to panic a little, she then tried to move, only to find that she was bound hand and foot, tightly. Quickly, she started struggling to get into a sitting position.

As she finally managed to push herself into sitting, she looked around and soon spotted Candy a little way away, tied in much the same way she was and who looked about as frightened and shaken up as Lori was feeling too.

Making a small movement to get Candy's attention, she then proceeded to try and scoot over to Candy.

After a long while of quiet shuffling, Lori finally managed to reach Candy who was watching her. Looking up, Lori caught Candy's eye, coughing a little from the labourous movements, before whispering to her in a muffled voice. She could only pray that Candy understood what she was saying.

Lori spoke to Candy in a muffled voice,"Candy, reach..... my back pocket....get my knife.. "

When all she got back was a confused glance from Candy, she quickly scooted round and brought her hands up to indicate the bulge in her back pocket where her pocket knife was.

If anyone who knew the Dukes had been around at this point, it would be so clear to them that Lori had obviously spent a lot of time watching the Dukes get out of tight scrapes like these ones,

even helping sometimes which was very true. A large part of her childhood and been playing Cops and Robbers with Bo and Luke which had involved the Cop tying the two robbers up and the two robbers having to get out. Of course...Bo and Luke had nearly always been the robbers which was how they had invented many of their houdini like escape from their bonds. And Lori had even helped contrust a few of them.

Candy watched as Lori tried to speak with her, shaking her head a little and looking both apologetic and confused. She didn't understand a word Lori was saying. It wasn't until Lori scooted round and indicated the lump in her back pocket that what she was asking finally clicked.

Scooting round her pole, she moved her hands around until she found the bump and pushed on the end nearest the floor, working the knife upwards until it fell out the top and cleverly, straight into Lori's hands.

Lori, trying to work as quickly and quietly as possible, set about cutting through the tightly tied rope that had her hands bound together.

After a few minutes, the rope snapped free and Lori grinned, quickly reaching down her legs to untie the rope that had her ankles bound as well.

Soon, all her ropes were free and she could finally rid of herself of the nasty cloth that had her gagged.

Not too soon after, she quickly reached round the pole and got to work cutting through the ropes that had Candy bound to it, before moving onto her legs as Candy removed the gag once her hands were free.

However, as soon as Candy's feet were free, Lori was standing over her, hands on her hips. She was still enraged at the blonde who had stolen Luke's heart and betrayed her and now was a good a time as any to confront her about it. When Candy looked up, she was met with a look that would have made the devil shake in his cowboy boots. When Lori spoke, her voice seemed to carry a venom that could kill in a heartbeat.

"Why Candy?! Why would you ever want to hurt Luke like that huh?! He thinks the world of you and yet you sit there with him treating him like he's someone special to you, when really he's just part of your master plan!"

When Candy opened her mouth to speak, Lori quickly jumped in again, not giving her the chance to speak until she was ready to hear what Candy wanted to say.

"No, don't tell me. You were using him to get back at me...but the tables turned on you didn't they! Now your the one being hurt as well as me!"

Candy swallowed softly and looked away, down to the floor, as Lori yelled at her. She knew what Lori was saying was true to a point, she had initially set out to do what Lori was implying and the more it was pointed out to her, the more guilty it made her feel.

Eventually she was allowed to speak and she looked back up to Lori, biting her bottom lip softly as tears sprung to her gentle blue eyes.

"He is someone special to me Lori...I love him...I always have done...he's a part of me, as much as my own heart is a part of me...that night we met in the Marines, something just clicked between us and...ever since a part of me has been begging to feel his arms around me again...to feel his lips carress mine..."

Swallowing the lump in her throat, the tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I tried to ignore it...I had to otherwise I would have gone crazy but...it was still there...when I started out yes I intended to hurt him so he could feel the pain he caused me but...but as soon as...as we kissed everything came flooding back...I want to be with him Lori...he's...he...he means more to me than you'll ever understand..."

Lori soon noticed the tears in Candy's eyes, and had to squeeze her eyes shut to try and stop her own tears. Lori knew how much Luke meant to Candy and she also knew how much Candy meant to Luke.

"Ye..yes... I do understand Candy, I do understand..." Lori replied her dark, icy brown eyes melting quickly into a soft, chocolaty colour. She bent down beside Candy and softly whispered...

"I know what its like to love someone as much as you do Luke... and I also know how it feels to be hurt, by your own best friend."

All the time that Lori had been speaking, she maintained a soft and kind look...but there was no mistaking the distinct hurt undertones in her words.

Candy sighed and leant back against the post, her arms wrapped around her middle softly.

"Lori...I'm so sorry...alright...Jack just has...a way of getting into your mind and screwing around with it...he made me believe that he loved me for who I was, when really I knew all along it was just my money..."

She sighed and shook her head, looking up to the ceiling.

"But I loved him...he made me feel special...and then he started saying things about you...twisting things that somehow turned my mind against you and agree to anything he wanted to do to hurt you...Lori you don't know how sorry I am..."