1981 Soundtrack

RogerDuke

Many younger Duke fans don't know about the 1981 "Dukes of Hazzard Soundtrack" but I'd like to explain the historical (or as Rosco would say "hysterical") significance this had on the show. This 8-track or cassette was the best connection us fans had with the Dukes except for Friday night . We played it over and over because there was no other way to hear a Dukes story being told and we were so thirsty for anything from Hazzard County (in addition to the "toys" that we owned and the pictures from magazines we cherished). We could hear the voices of many of the Hazzard folks on this audio gem and those voices were as important to us as the DVD's are now. This is a true cornerstone of Hazzard County and I can never hear enough of it. There's an old country song called "I watched it all on my radio" and this soundtrack is truly something that brought (and still brings) Hazzard County to life. I didn't just watch the Dukes on Friday, I could see them anytime I wanted with it. Whether it's the tribute to the General Lee by Johnny Cash, Boss's amazing narrating and singing skills, Waylon's extended theme song, Luke's "Cripple Creek" or Rosco singing about a man's best friend, this soundtrack has everything a Duke boy or girl of any age could want. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

yea, im not like most teens, I actually think that if i could go back in time id go back to when the dukes came out because no worries back then and nowadays theres sooo many fancy contraptions, I mean yea it all comes in handy but i find one thing usless the phone!!! every time that dang thang rangs around here It makes me mad, it never stops!!! but neways like i was sayin If I could go back to when the dukes came out to when you could sit down with no interruptions. my mom had it lucky growin up back then. id trade places with her neday. she was tellin me of when she went to the Blackgold Festival that we hold every September here in Hazard, that in 1981-1982 yr the dukes came down and mom has a picture of them and they all signed a seperate sheet everyone of the cast members including uncle jesse and boss hog, all cept fer Enos.. my mom said she could member when boss hogg waved at her and my uncle she said she chased after Enos and Roscoe lol. well im sorry ya'll i got onto a different subject, i have heard of the soundtrack and ive listened to it, i love tom wopats song up on cripple creek. like i said i would love to go and live back when the Dukes came out.

• 3 weeks later...

My 5 year old grandson has fallen in love with the song "My Dog Flash" on this soundtrack. He wants me to sing it to him all the time. Good thing he's still too young to tell good singing from bad. It's great to know that Dukes are going to live on forever with the future generations. Of course he'd be more interested in the actual DVDs if Spongebob would have made a guest appearance or two on the show. I can see it now, the sequel to "Strange Visitor to Hazzard", done with a sponge instead of an alien. Like Waylon says, "If it can happen anywhere, it can happen in Hazzard". Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

My 5 year old grandson has fallen in love with the song "My Dog Flash" on this soundtrack. He wants me to sing it to him all the time. Good thing he's still too young to tell good singing from bad. It's great to know that Dukes are going to live on forever with the future generations. Of course he'd be more interested in the actual DVDs if Spongebob would have made a guest appearance or two on the show. I can see it now, the sequel to "Strange Visitor to Hazzard", done with a sponge instead of an alien. Like Waylon says, "If it can happen anywhere, it can happen in Hazzard". Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

that would be funny to see a yellow sponge walking down Hazzard's sidewalks singing im ready, im ready!! i couldnt imagine it!!