A Whiskey Runner's Romance

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori and Cooter arrived at the garage and Cooter got depressed,"Well Lori, i hope ya have fun in Nashville. Lori looked at Cooter and said,"Now Cooter if ya really don't want me to go I wont ill stay and not go anywhere.Cooter looked at her and went,"Hmp, you'll be crazy not to."Lori shook her head and laughed a little,"I aint goin no were until I straighten things out with Luke, even if it takes me 20 years.""The talent scout said he'd wait until I was ready, I ain't ready yet." "But he did say within the next couple of days though i needed to be ready.""Don't worry, Cousin, I'll be back, I don't know when but I promise." Cooter looked at her and smiled, knowing she would. Lori sighed she didn't know what exactly she was going to say to Luke.

Lori felt that right now she knew Luke wasn't about to talk to her so she wrote him a note instead,

Dear Luke,

I know you don't want to talk to me but please give this note a chance and dont crumple it up, i got a call from a talent scout and they want me to come to Nashville to do a showcase, I'm sorry, if anytime there was a need for me to be sorry it's now, and i honestly and with all of my heart am sorry. I wanted to tell you and Bo good-bye face to face but i didn't think you guys would give me the chance too, Luke i do understand and if we are still good friends then im proud to say that i am. But Luke if there's one thing i know is that i don't want to ever fight with you and Bo again, it kills me to fight with two boys i love t' death. Tell Bo im sorry and that i truley do mean it, i never meant to yell at him, heck Bo's like a brother to me, i just didn't want to go to Nashville knowing you two'd be mad at me... And my leaving has nothing to do with any of you... Im not mad at you Luke i truley ain't and if it seemed like i was when you told me you didn't love me i wasn't i understand i can handle rejection. I know ive handled it quite well before, goin to get married to a man I thought i loved and he left me i swore id never fall inlove with anyone, guess i was wrong. Just please don't be mad at me anymore i can't stand the thought of you guys being mad at me. I'll miss ya'll terribly and I'll write to Cooter to let him knw things, Luke do me a favor though please? Keep an eye on Cooter i know hes hurt, please whatch out for him, i know hes a grown man and all but, please. I guess I'll be going then, Good-bye Luke, Good-bye Bo...Ya'll take care now.

Sincerely,

Lori

Lori had tears streaming down her face, she knew if she never saw the two again before she left that she'd have Daisy give this to Luke. Lori looked up to the skies and prayed for a miracle to happen.

The talent scout had called Lori and said that the showcase date had been moved and she needed to be ready to go on the next bus, they rushed home and Lori packed her stuff, she looked at Cooter and started crying. She gave Cooter the note and said,"Whenever Luke is in town, give this to him... Tell Uncle Jesse im sorry i couldnt stop by and tell him and daisy good-bye for me. Lori kissed Cooter on the cheek and they both drove out to town to get to the bus stop, Lori looked at the Dukes farm as they drove by. Lori hated going without saying godd-bye to thwm. When they arrived at the bus stop her bus was there she quickly grabbed her things and told Cooter to never forget about her. Cooter had tears in his eyes and said he wouldn't. Lori got on the bus and waved good-bye to Cooter and watched as she left Hazzard County for a looong while.

Cooter headed on back to the garage with Midnight Rider, and had parked it in the main back of the garage and covered it up. He went and sat down and rubbed his head and then shook it.He put the note in his pocket waiting to give the note to Dasiy or to Luke either one, he'd give it to the first one he saw.

Cooter had shook his head and said,"Well Daisy i don't wanna really believe it myself but yea, that talent scout had called and said that the showcase date had been moved, she said if anyone wanted her back she'd come back, but as crazy as i am i told her to go on, she didn't want to really, seh left a note for Luke and partly Bo too.""She told me to tell ya'll she'd be back sometime and to not forget about her, and to tell you and jesse good-bye and she loved ya'll." Cooter held the note in his hand squeezing tryin to fight back tears.

Cooter said,"10-4, im gone." Cooter got up and put an out to lunch sign on the garage doors, he knew it'd get real lonely now. Cooter got in his tow truck and pulled away. when he arrived he greeted Dasiy and said,"Howdy ya'll, man she aint been gone an hour and i already miss her, it just doesnt seem right, i actually miss havin my little cousin runnin' around being immature,"he said with a smile and laughed a little. Cooter handed Daisy the note,"She said to give it to Luke whenever he felt better. I just hope she doesn't get up there and start raising a ruckous, knowing her, she will." he chuckled a little.

Cooter looked at Daisy,"Yea, well I hope your right and she don't get big-headed and forget were her home is."Cooter looked at the ground and said, "well i reckon id best be goin on back t' the garage now, got some work to do, see ya Daisy,"Cooter hollered at Bo and Luke,"Ya'll take care now ya hear?" He smiled and walked on out.

balladeer:Well folks looks like its the end of this whiskey runner's romance. Lori has left and gone to make it big, cooter's back doin what he does best and now, everything hangs in the balance of that note lori had wrote to luke, i dont think we'll be hearing the end of this one folks ya'll take care now.

part two coming up here soon.