A Whiskey Runner's Romance

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori whatched them as they argued back and forth hopin Bo wouldnt let the secret slip out like her crazy cousin almost did,"Boys, boys, now just settle down and lets go to the farm house i wanna see uncle jesse if hes there, hopefully daisy is too, i need to talk to her bout sumthin, REALLY important. so lets head on out and hopefully cooter'll have Midnight there,he was actin up on the way down here, dunno whats wrong with him."

Lori didnt need the help but, she took it anyways, i mean it was Luke. She looked around and remembered all the times she spent here. she could hear uncle jesse's voice from around back hollerin around to the front at Bo and Luke and said,"Bo, you got alot of explainin to do, whats this you gettin into jail and then......," Uncle Jesse looked at Lori and said with a big smile,"Well,well,well... Lori,its great to see ya, what brings ya to hazzard?

Lori looked at Bo and looked up to Luke with a concerned face and she didnt want Uncle Jesse to be disappointed at her.

Lori:Well, Uncle Jesse u member when i left a fer quite a spell to take care of dad.

Uncle Jesse:Yea, uh oh, what sota trouble ya in?

Lori:well, ive got the cops after me cuz of an illegal job i had, a whiskey runner. and i came here and Bo and Luke helped me get outta jail and Bo in the process and well i cant stay at Cooter's cuz thats the first place theyll check, and Luke sugested i stay here and they would help me clear my name and get outta trouble and if things go the way we plan, and i dont go to the stat pen, then ill be here in hazzard permanently, that is if its alright with you Uncle Jesse, that i stay here til this all blows over."

Uncle Jesse looked at Lori and thought fer a while and then decided,"Well, you'll have to sleep in Daisy's room til you ready to leave, and You'll have to help with the chores as well."

Lori looked relieved and happy,"You dont know how happy i am to here the word chore."

Luke and Bo looked at her and laughed.

Lori said,"Yea and knowing these two, ill have to keep them outta trouble and they'll have to keep me outta trouble too."

Luke and Bo just looked at each other.

Lori:Uncle Jesse, did Cooter come by and bring Midnight Rider?

Uncle Jesse:Yea its parked out by the barn.

Lor:Cooter never checked him out did he.

Uncle Jesse:Nope just dropped it off and left.

Lori looking at Bo and Luke and said,"well, if ya'll aint got nuttin else to do reckon you could help a poor ole southern belle out here?"

(Ignoring the last double post lol)

Bo nodded with a smile, glad the distraction with Lori had gotten him off the hook with Uncle Jesse. He would rather not explain how his being in jail had come about again, and was happy to quickly scamper off with Lori to help her with her car. The engine was no where near as powerful as the General's, but it was special all the same, like he had thought before - the black '69 could have been the General's brother.

Bo nodded and did so, patting the General fondly as he did with a smile before heading back over and putting the tool box on the floor before leaning into the driver side window....only to be met with a solid glass window.

He yelped and hissed in pain as his fist met glass, cracking a few of his fingers.

Lori and Luke looked up and ran over to Bo to help him out.

Lori:ohh Bo, you poor thing you alright?

Luke:Yea, maybe you otta go and get uncle jesse and let him bandage that up me and Lori we'll work on Midnight.

Lori looked at luke and her eyes widened as if she really wished Bo wasnt injured now.

Lori:ye......yea Bo.......better...go and uh..fix that injury up.

Lori just knew she would say sumthin screwed up and sound so wrong with Bo not there.She always did when they were in school she'd studder and shake whenever her and Luke was alone.

Lori looked at Bo and with a concerned tone and said,:Now Bo, i aint no doc er nuttin, but honey you need to go in and clean out the lil shards of glass and blood and wrap that hand up so the swellin will go down and maybe relax sum to take your mind off of the pain me and ......uh.....Luke can take care of Midnight." Lori was gettin really nervous and yet, she was still concerned for Bo.

Bo sighed and nodded.

"Alright...i'll go inside an' let Uncle Jesse look at it and get it cleaned up...but i'm comin' back out again afterwards...even if it is just to stand around and watch. You been away too long Lori Davenport for me to quit on ya now...I wanna hear all yer adventures."

He said with a cheeky smile, but underneath it was the serious undertones that he knew she got nervous around Luke on her own and so would stay with her.

Lori recognized the tone that Bo used and she smiled and said id be delighted to tell ya'll my adventures after you get mended up and we fix up the Rider. Luke looked at her and said,"well lets get started." Lori said,"alrighty and smiled at him, fer once in her life she was happy. Luke and Lori was workin on the Midnight when Luke asked her,"SOOOO. what was Cooter tryin to say bout me when yuo cut him off?" he looked at her with that lifted eyebrow again. Lori looked away and was praying that Bo would come out and save her from having to tell him but she knew she had to here real soon. Everyone knew, cept fer poor ole' Luke. Lori looked away adn blushed and with a small smile said,"uh.....uh......uh....... I have no clue, you know Cooter, always ramblin on and on bout stuff....hehehe." she hated lying to him, he knew sumthin was up. and he was determined to find out what.

Bo headed in to Uncle Jesse and explained what had happened, getting a lecture about looking before he leapt as his hand was treated with many yelps of pain and loud protestations as Jesse pocked and prodded the tender areas before finally bandaging it up.

Before Jesse could ask about the incident that had landed him in jail, Bo was back out the door and heading over to Luke and Lori, whistling.

Lori whached him take his shirt off, practically drooling.... Luke snapped at her and said,"Lori? you all right," Bo saw the entire thing as he was walking over through there. Because Luke, i just, i cant say it right now, ohh well whay know lookie here at Bo," tryin to change the subjecy before Luke asked anymore questions.