Closed-Captioning

RogerDuke

In case anybody is depending on closed-captioning to give you information on Dukes trivia, be careful of how much you can trust the spelling. For example, on "Enos in Trouble" (DVD) they spell Meadowmuffin, metal muffin (our Supreme Superior Commander is going to be furious) and in the same episode when Enos mentions his Uncle Odie they spell it Uncle Putney. How they got that far away from the actual word, I'll never know. Incidently, here's a little bit of Hazzard trivia that Sonny Shroyer told me personally.....Odie is his real-life father's name. He revealed that to me when I told him that I had a great-Uncle Odie and thought it was neat that Enos had one. Possum on a gumbush.

Here's another one from "The Revenge of Hughie Hogg". Waylon was saying that in most places the only two things certain were death and taxes but (the two things in Hazzard were) "the Dukes being chased by Sheriff Rosco's one"..... The closed caption wrote "The Duke's being chased by Sheriff Rosco's warrent."

Incidently, here's a little bit of Hazzard trivia that Sonny Shroyer told me personally.....Odie is his real-life father's name. He revealed that to me when I told him that I had a great-Uncle Odie and thought it was neat that Enos had one. Possum on a gumbush.

The closed captioning can be quite funky sometimes.

Roger,

That's interesting. Anytime I've seen Sonny's real name listed... it is Otis Burt Shroyer Jr. even on his offical website http://www.sonnyshroyer.com

• 2 weeks later...