Hello

Hey luke fan07, I've been holding back but I can't resist anymore. I know people ain't supposed to give away too much personal information on these here complex, confounded, complicated, computer contraptions, but I just can't stand not knowing this....Are you really from there?

yes i am... born and raised, if ya got my message i sent ya or at least i thank it sent ya lol, yea i really am. southeastern part of ky.

That is so awesome. I've only been with the Hazzardnet a few months so I'd like to post this question to our more senior members. Is this the first Hazard resident we've had that you know of? Living in Hazard must be pretty cool!!!....Even if they did spell it wrong. LOL Do you know how it got his name?

well rogerduke, from what i can gather from my grandpa and my mom is that a man by the nmae of Oliver Perry Hazard came here in the southeastern part of kentucky and he was the one that founded what is known today as hazard kentucky. he came here in the 1800s. livin in Hazard is alright we aint got no good cops though like Roscoe and Enos and Cletus lol i wish, but i live botu an hour away from Hazard on a farm none the less lol, i got three horses were actually wanting to get a goat or two maybe a cow. a bunch of cats and a bunch of dogs lol. livin in Hazard is alright if we had the excitment like Bo and Luke had. My mom said give you and ur cuzin and you two will be a Bo and Luke in the makin lol. my cuzin is always like c'mon lets go and im like nah lets set and thank about it, hes like nah no time too. sooo... livin in Hazard has its perks and its downfalls lol.

Oliver Hazard Perry (I'm wondering if Hazard was his middle name??) was a significant figure in the maritime battles on the great lakes because he has monuments named after him up here. I don't know much more about him but maybe we have some history buffs out there that can help. Hey, LukeFan07, normally when I welcome new folks to the Hazzardnet I say "Welcome to Hazzard County" but it sounds like you're already there. Well, you're at least in the neighborhood. I don't know what would be better, living in Hazard Kentucky or Conyers Georgia. By the way, I remember when the Dukes stars visited Hazard.

• 4 months later...