Dukes and Horses

Luke's Babe

don't ya'll think that them boys look good on top of a horse? In Bye Bye Boss, i think it was, you notice that Bo Luke and Daisy all are riding horses into the canyon. i personally enjoy watching Bo and Luke ride horses. their pretty good. i think Luke is the better one, though.

what's your take on it?

I think Tom is better of John to rise horses 'cause he growed up on a farm.

In one of the dvd extras, Tom talked about a scene where they were on the same horses: didn't understand exactly what he sayd but he and John laughed a lot talking about that scene, it seems 'cause they had some difficult to do that

Actually, they both ride pretty well. But if you want to get technical, John is the "better" rider - more precise. You can tell he actually took lessons. Tom is good in a different way; he's so relaxed on a horse that he can almost look a little sloppy, yet stick on like glue almost no matter what. You can see a childhood on horseback there...

Again, they're both good. Just different. Heck, anyone who can double-ride bareback, with only a halter, and jump a fence doing it is very good! If you don't think so, just try riding bareback at all!

I know what your talking about!

Tom talks about coming up over the landscape and ever so slowly him and John are falling off the horse sideways as it gallops lol. John is also laughing because of something else Tom had said earlier...he was so hyper in that extra lol.

And actually I think neither of them is better than the other its just that they've been taught to ride in different styles I guess. But yeah they both have to be so talented to be able to ride bare back, especially a double. But obviously they had trouble with it hehe.

By the way, did anybody see the episode where John vaulted onto a horse? Does anyone know if he really did that?

yeah I seen in too and also Daisy did ride horse in episode I saw on brown or black horse when bo and luke in general lee in hughie hogg's episode.. as well too.. so I think you correct about Tom 'Luke' better than John 'BO' ride and jump... so not forget sheriff and enos did ride police horse too for short time.. do you remember that? thanks :)

There's quite a few episodes with the Dukes on horseback. Like The Rustlers which was about a horse, or Big Brothers Duke which had a great, if not lengthy, horseback chase scene in it. Probably my favorite equine scene in the series actually - realistic prelude, then the green colt that goes half-bucking out of the yard and the rock-pitching, full-out, tight-cornered gallop that the boys take off with... plus splashing through a stream, jumping things, etc...

Again, they're both good. Just different. Heck, anyone who can double-ride bareback, with only a halter, and jump a fence doing it is very good! If you don't think so, just try riding bareback at all!

i have ridden bareback before and i busted my but doin' it. i went under a barn and slid off backwards.

i do agree with you on the double-ride bareback thing though. my dad is pretty good, but not that good. :lol:

I know what your talking about!

Tom talks about coming up over the landscape and ever so slowly him and John are falling off the horse sideways as it gallops lol. John is also laughing because of something else Tom had said earlier...he was so hyper in that extra lol.

Yeah, it was very funny that interview! John laughed up to tears!

• 2 weeks later...

well to tell ya the truth i love any episode of the dukes were they ride horses, i love horses!!! ive got three and yea ridin bareback is HARD!! well it was fer me and my cuzin ive got an araibian/rockymountain named trigger hes a gelding and my cuzin said im gonn ago fer it, now hes a show horse, i said nah lets just leave it alone and get the saddle, my cuzin was like nah and he hopped on him and that horse shot off across the field with him bucking him. ive never rode double though.id say its hard were u cant put ur feet in the stirrups. They're takin the dukes off of CMT, so i aint got that far in the episodes, well ive seen em all except fer seasons 5-7 or sumthin like that. But i love ne scene in the dukes with horses.

Hey luke fan07, the quote you use on the bottom of your posts (...better combination...) is my all time favorite quote that's ever been on the show. You might know this, but it's from the episode "The Legacy" and was quoted by Uncle Jesse's old girlfriend, Lucinda Meadows. You altered it a little bit but that's okay since you didn't change the meaning. I'm gone.