• Meadowmufn featured this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

April 1st.

Hazzard didn't celebrate April Fool's Day - they Celebrated Empowering Women - aka Sadie Hogg Day. Sorry, this one caught my eye and yesterday being April 1st...

For which Episode Bo and Luke coached basketball: The Boars Nest Bears.

Alright, here's one of my own (could start a debate however). What type of stock car engine did the General Lee reportedly have, and what size was it? I'll give you a hint: The one in the Big Screen Movies was NOT the same one mentioned in the series, and I'm not talkin' about the one from the movies for this trivia question.

Bonus: What engine type was the General Lee supposedly running in the Big Screen Movies?

I don't ever remember the engine/size being mentioned in the series.  I recently watched the whole series and don't remember anything about the engine being said.  

I do know the beauty cars mostly had 440's and the stunt cars had the smaller 383 and 318.  There was never a Hemi used on the TV series, only the movie.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

11 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

They didn't identify much about the General Lee on the show.  In the episode 'Happy Birthday, General Lee', Cooter says he has a nice red-orange paint for the General Lee but he doesn't say what the color is called.  They never identified the General Lee as a Charger either.  

I think that episode is the only time they did use the word Charger. It was when the boys first laid eyes on the black 1969 car and Waylon said something like "that old wreck of a Charger"

Does anybody remember what model the old Richard Petty race car was?

Richard Petty's race car was a '69 Charger, because it was "LEE 1" repainted.

They don't name the make or model in 'Happy Birthday, General Lee', and even get the year wrong, describing it as a "Beat-up, black '68 coupe". The 1975 blue Plymouth Fury gets a mention in 'Mary Kaye's Baby', as do its tuned Edelbrock headers, but after that, I think only Rolls Royces get a name check.

The funny thing is the engine they showed in Richard Petty's car(LEE 1) in Repo Men wasn't in the actual car.  It was a big block Chevy with a blower on top.  The blower would sit too high and stick through the hood.  Besides motors with blowers are a drag race motor so Richard Petty never would have used one.

33806526176_1306784313_b.jpgDoH Richard Petty Engine Repo Men by Michael Scarola, on Flickr

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

"You can call it fate. In Hazzard County It's called Duke luck. But something led Bo and Luke to that Capital City junkyard and right up to that wreck of an old black Charger. Sounds like a song old Willie would sing doesn't it?" Waylon from "Happy Birthday General Lee.  (Willie is a reference to Willie Nelson)

You were right about your quote Hoss from the old timer selling it but I was right also.....as mentioned in this previous post. I want to thank you for something. Since 1979 I had never noticed that the car from Repo Men was a Charger. I have it on pause in my DVD player as I type this, amazed that I never knew that. I guess I just didn't pay attention and since the grill and headlights were missing I can see how. This isn't the first time I have missed the obvious. I never would have made a good detective because I also miss small details. This was a pretty big detail to miss though.Thank you so much for mentioning that. You are greatly appreciated. 

Roger,  Here are some pictures of the Richard Petty Car(LEE1) from Repo Men.  It's the Charger that did the first jump that appears at the end of most of the shows openings.

33005159944_0e03dfbd4a_b.jpg71-56 by Michael Scarola, on Flickr

33005153844_8d2c9af831_z.jpg71-39 by Michael Scarola, on Flickr

33005230204_f2aeffd07d.jpg71-01 by Michael Scarola, on Flickr

33464166760_609d02ffcc_b.jpg71-02 by Michael Scarola, on Flickr

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

Thanks Boss. Great pictures. I just googled Lee 1 General Lee and read the lengthy story by Gary Schneider. Can somebody post a link. I don't know how.(How do you do that anyways. It couldn't be that hard. I don't use facebook or anything so I never figured it out. The only thing I use a computer for is e-mail, fantasy sports and HazzardNet.)

Did Bubba Watson sell Lee1? 

Edited by RogerDuke

You're welcome Roger!  I love the General Lee and am always doing research.

Is this the website(linked below) that you are referring to?

http://www.mygenerallee.com/

I just clicked on the link and highlighted it.  Then I copied it using 'Open Apple - C'('Control - C' on a PC).  I use a Mac.  I then clicked on the 'paper clip' icon at the top when I was posting this and inserted the link( 'Open Apple - V'('Control - V' on a PC).  I hope this makes sense,

I don't know if Bubba Watson sold LEE1.  However he did say he was going to remove the confederate battle flag from the roof.  I hope he didn't remove the flag and just sold the car to someone who will appreciate it.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

• 4 months later...

People who want the flag done away with, need to remember, that slavery was under the authority of the American flag a lot longer than it was under the Confederate flag. Nobody tries to ban the American flag. What they're trying to do is destroy our heritage and use a phony, self- righteous, anti- slavery attitude to do it! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure there is an episode where the Bo, Luke, and Rosco drive to a racetrack and Rosco is sitting in the back.
They're registering and Bo says 'That's Rosco Coltrane in the back'. Rosco says 'That is Rosco P. Coltrane!'. I can't remember what episode that was.

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Kamryn said:

I'm pretty sure there is an episode where the Bo, Luke, and Rosco drive to a racetrack and Rosco is sitting in the back.
They're registering and Bo says 'That's Rosco Coltrane in the back'. Rosco says 'That is Rosco P. Coltrane!'. I can't remember what episode that was.

I'd like to know what episode this one was too!

There none that I know of where they drive to a racetrack. the most familiar one sound like Season 7 Episode 6 'The Dukes in Hollywood'. The scene starting at 17:20 where they drive into the studio. Bo is driving with daisy and Luke Next to him. Boss, Rosco & Flash are in the back and the guard asks who is sitting in the back to which Luke replies with 'Thats J. D. Hood and Rosco Coltrane'. Then rosco repliad with his P. :)

Kamryn's post did now show up for me in the Latest Posts tab. :(