This was way before I got to see any NASCAR. Also, just like they used to do on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?', you've eliminated the two answers I'd provisionally ruled out :(. I'll guess at #28 Hardees, even though I'm not sure what Hardees do (unlike BK, they certainly don't have any stores in Ireland!).

Here's three questions from "Treasure of Hazzard"

Who helped Boss rip up the floor of the Boar's Nest after they were tricked into thinking the "yankee strongbox" full of money was buried there?

A) Grady Byrd

B) Lester Crabb

C) Donald Trump

Besides Confederate money a letter was in the strongbox signed by

A) Abraham Lincoln

B) Andrew Jackson

C) Jimmy Carter

What was the name of the moonshiner who lived in the swamp with his identical twin daughters?

A) Clarence Stovall

B) Jeb McCobb

C) Gy Waldron

All right, that was a tough one so I'll reveal the answer. There was a beat up orange 1969 Dodge Charger in the movie. It had the tan interior too. I wonder if it was a left-over from our favorite show.

This one's from "The Legacy". Cletus took over as acting sheriff when Rosco was....

A) on strike because Boss didn't pay him

B) at obedience school in Capitol City with Flash

C) visiting his sick Aunt Clara in Cedar City

D) camping out in line waiting for the latest iphone to go on sale

I think BL's right again.

All right, that was a tough one so I'll reveal the answer. There was a beat up orange 1969 Dodge Charger in the movie. It had the tan interior too. I wonder if it was a left-over from our favorite show.

I've never seen the movie, which didn't help :). I checked the car out on IMCDb and found it was actually a 1968 Charger, but mostly the right color and it has the right wheels. One of the commenters seems sure it was a survivor form Dukes.

Hoss, I'm surprised that was a 1968. I thought I got a good look at the taillights but I guess I didn't.

Don't worry Roger, you're not going mad. I said it was a '68 because that's how it's described on IMCDb, and the only picture they have definitely shows a car with a '68 front fender and grille:

i072689.jpg

However, I did a little more research and found a thread about the car on www.dodgecharger.com which has several extra pictures, including a clear view of the '69 tail lights you saw, and a few of the interior. The comments suggest that this was a "survivor" General Lee that just had some of the front end swapped with a '68 model.

On a related issue, I was watching an episode of 'The Fall Guy' called 'Bite of the Wasp' earlier that included a Charger in one of the stunts. The car was all yellow, but had '69 tail lights and General Lee wheels. After the car was flipped its wheels alternated serveral times between General Lee wheels and steel wheels that had been painted silver. As another Dukes connection, this episode was the second of three to guest star Mary-Margaret Humes aka. Tinker from 'Mason Dixon's Girls'.