What actors appeared in Moonrunners & Dukes Of Hazzard in different roles? Waylon as the balladeer in both makes 5 actors from Moonrunners to participate in DOH.

Good question Daney, I knew many of the character names appeared in both, but I didn't realise there were that many actors in both. I think Ben Jones was a revenuer or similar in Moonrunners. I'm sure Jerry Rushing had a small part in Moonrunners, but I can't remember what it was. He later played Ace Parker in 'Repomen'. That's the only ones that I remember - maybe it's a hint that it's time to watch Moonrunners again :).

Double Sting episode's Rose Ellen & less than a year later, Southern Comfurts episode's Holly Comfurt was played by which actress?

I can see her face, and remember spotting her in an episode of 'The Fall Guy' recently, but her name eludes me for now. I think she had a double-barrelled surname if that helps anyone else.

I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never seen Moonrunners. It's not that I haven't wanted to. I've just never seen it on anywhere. Years ago I checked in two different video stores and they didn't have it.

I guess I'm just making excuses because I haven't made a big effort to locate it. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday in April. I don't internet shop but my kids do so I'm guessing I'll get it if I ask.

I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never seen Moonrunners. It's not that I haven't wanted to. I've just never seen it on anywhere. Years ago I checked in two different video stores and they didn't have it.

I guess I'm just making excuses because I haven't made a big effort to locate it. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday in April. I don't internet shop but my kids do so I'm guessing I'll get it if I ask.

Rog, if you're interested, there's a rough copy of it on YouTube. It's watchable, but the audio is tinny and the picture quality is a little rustic.

Also be warned that Moonrunners is more like the 2005 big-screen Dukes movie, than it is like the Dukes of Hazzard that you know and love. The Haag boys (cousins, who fight the system) are not noble characters. In fact, one of 'em proves himself fairly useless for anything but tomcatting around, to put it nicely.

But it should be remembered that this movie is based in part on the real-life experiences of Jerry Rushing, who himself was not a noble character in his moonshining days.

It's worth watching though. Your Dukes history ain't complete without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0coyOsM-E

Trivia: Moonrunners made 8 million dollars, after being filmed for $360,000. Gy Waldron did not get any of the box office proceeds, though he was able to reimburse his investors. Moonrunners was his first significant commercial success after 17 years of writing. (MaryAnne, maybe there's hope for us yet...)

And now back to trivia in progress, excuse the sidebar here.

Thanks for the information Brian. I might get to it someday but lately I've been so busy I haven't even had time to log in here.

What was the name of the Archery Club on "Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard" from season seven?

A) Amazon Archery Club

B) Bow and Arrow Utopia

C) Chickasaw County Archery Club

D) Duke Family Shooting Range

E) Elite Archers Incorporated

F) Flying Straight Archery Club

G) Georgia Archery Club

H) Hazzard County Sportsman's Club

I'm torn between A) and H), although both are guesses. I think I'll blindly shoot an arrow at the target and go for H) Hazzard County Sportsman's Club :).

Just to clear up Daney's questions (with the help of IMDb.com):

Waylon Jennings was Balladeer in both 'Moonrunners' and Dukes.

Jerry Rushing, aka Jake Rainey's bodyguard in 'Moonrunners', was Ace Parker in 'Repo Men'.

Ben Jones, aka. Fred (Chicago Federal Agent) in 'Moonrunners', played Cooter Davenport.

Pete Munro, aka. Zeebo in 'Moonrunners', played Willie in 'Jude Emery'.

Bill Gribble, aka. Cooter Pettigrew in 'Moonrunners', played Carson in 'Daisy's Song'.

The actress who played Rose Ellen and Holly Comfurt was Miriam Byrd-Nethery.

Thanks for the information Brian. I might get to it someday but lately I've been so busy I haven't even had time to log in here.

What was the name of the Archery Club on "Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard" from season seven?

A) Amazon Archery Club

B) Bow and Arrow Utopia

C) Chickasaw County Archery Club

D) Duke Family Shooting Range

E) Elite Archers Incorporated

F) Flying Straight Archery Club

G) Georgia Archery Club

H) Hazzard County Sportsman's Club

F) Flying Straight Archery Cluh

I'm torn between A) and H), although both are guesses. I think I'll blindly shoot an arrow at the target and go for H) Hazzard County Sportsman's Club :).

Just to clear up Daney's questions (with the help of IMDb.com):

Waylon Jennings was Balladeer in both 'Moonrunners' and Dukes.

Jerry Rushing, aka Jake Rainey's bodyguard in 'Moonrunners', was Ace Parker in 'Repo Men'.

Ben Jones, aka. Fred (Chicago Federal Agent) in 'Moonrunners', played Cooter Davenport.

Pete Munro, aka. Zeebo in 'Moonrunners', played Willie in 'Jude Emery'.

Bill Gribble, aka. Cooter Pettigrew in 'Moonrunners', played Carson in 'Daisy's Song'.

The actress who played Rose Ellen and Holly Comfurt was Miriam Byrd-Nethery.

You're awesome Hoss! It was interesting to see how many actors were in both! Or how a DOH guest star in 1 season was completely someone else in another.

Here's a quick question for those of you who check out the signs in Dukes like I do:

Next to Boss's door in the Boars Nest is a sign that says:

"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety."

Where is this quote from?.

Your choices are people from both sides of the Atlantic who are famous for their witticisms and quotable lines:

A) William Shakespeare

B) Mark Twain

C) George Bernard Shaw

D) Groucho Marx

E) Oscar Wilde

Hint: For keen-eyed viewers, the sign attributes its source under the quote.

I agree with B.L. there. Pardon the interruption of our normally scheduled trivia, but I got a question.

Does anybody know what the episode is, where Bo and Luke double up on a horse and ride back to the farm? In the same ep, the General Lee loses brakes or something, and is left at the side of the road.

Somebody asked for a YouTube clip of the General Lee/haystack scene, but the requester doesn't know the episode, or the plot, and while I can remember the scenes, I cannot pull this one outta memory.

I know it's not in "The Rustlers" and it's not in "Big Brothers Duke" though both those eps have horses. And while I'm not positive, I don't think it's "Bye Bye Boss" which also has Dukes on horses.

I'm fresh outta ideas. Does anybody have the answer?

For the current trivia question about Enos going to the airport, I thought I remembered Bo, Luke and Daisy in the General with Enos. Just to be different I'll say Bo was driving.

Brian, like you I remember the scenes, but can't remember the episodes. I'll have a good hard think about them today :).

I agree with B.L. there. Pardon the interruption of our normally scheduled trivia, but I got a question.

Does anybody know what the episode is, where Bo and Luke double up on a horse and ride back to the farm? In the same ep, the General Lee loses brakes or something, and is left at the side of the road.

Somebody asked for a YouTube clip of the General Lee/haystack scene, but the requester doesn't know the episode, or the plot, and while I can remember the scenes, I cannot pull this one outta memory.

I know it's not in "The Rustlers" and it's not in "Big Brothers Duke" though both those eps have horses. And while I'm not positive, I don't think it's "Bye Bye Boss" which also has Dukes on horses.

I'm fresh outta ideas. Does anybody have the answer?

I think it might be "Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane." When the boys get back to the farm, Daisy's sweeping the front step and says something about the General never look so good. LOL. Then the boys learn that everybody in Hazzard BUT them were invited to Rosco's wedding and they have wanted posters or something of Sue Anne and her husband.

I can't remember what happened to the General but....I'm pretty sure on the horse ride. LOL

Since I like dirt bikes I have all the episodes written down in my notebook that feature motorcycles but I've never owned a horse so I didn't write those down. I do remember the scene though but that doesn't help.

Daisy took Enos to the airport but now Hoss has me thinking. I'm pretty sure the boys weren't in the car too. I do know only Daisy was in the good bye scene. I guess I'm getting a little rusty with trivia.