Word Association

Meadowmufn

2 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Car

General Lee ( what else???) 

* Spike, I'll have to think about what show it was but when it comes to me, I'll let you know. Hoss usually knows stuff like this though! He's an Irish Redneck!  :lol:   

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Southern

Ireland

(Southern Ireland is another name for the Republic of Ireland or Eire)

On 10/4/2021 at 5:08 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

Donuts and beer.....remember that one? ( I bet Hoss does)

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

(I think the donuts and beer comment was from a Georgia episode....maybe even One Armed Bandits) 

You threw me with the reference because I thought you were talking about 'Speed Buggy' which I think was shown in the UK during school holidays around 1980. I haven't seen it since.

The quote is from less than 10 minutes into 'One Armed Bandits' while Waylon is still setting the scene:

Balladeer: "Bo and Luke always have breakfast with Jesse, except on Saturdays when they eat at the garage, on donuts and beer."

19 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

* Spike, I'll have to think about what show it was but when it comes to me, I'll let you know. Hoss usually knows stuff like this though! He's an Irish Redneck!  :lol:   

Hobie, I'm not Irish, I just live in Ireland!

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Ireland

(Southern Ireland is another name for the Republic of Ireland or Eire)

You threw me with the reference because I thought you were talking about 'Speed Buggy' which I think was shown in the UK during school holidays around 1980. I haven't seen it since.

The quote is from less than 10 minutes into 'One Armed Bandits' while Waylon is still setting the scene:

Balladeer: "Bo and Luke always have breakfast with Jesse, except on Saturdays when they eat at the garage, on donuts and beer."

Hobie, I'm not Irish, I just live in Ireland!

Well, our favorite EUROPEAN Redneck! :) 

"Bo and Luke always have breakfast with Jesse, except on Saturdays when they eat at the garage, on donuts and beer."

Once again....Cousin Hoss....NAILS it!!!   :)  

Judy

(Punch & Judy is a traditional puppet show, often found in little booths at the seaside. I don't know whether it transferred to the US)

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Yes D'oh is Homer's word when he screws up or hurts himself. I've been watching The Simpsons since the Tracey Ullman show. 

Tracey Ullman returned to Britain with her own sketch show on the BBC a few years ago, but I don't remember it containing any ground-breaking cartoon shows.