Word Association

Meadowmufn

Sherlock Holmes........ ( Halloween is celebrated on Oct. 31 and it is supposed to mean All Hallows Eve, a celebration of the spirits, though it is celebrated by children who dress up in costumes { some spooky, some not} and go to people's houses and knock on the door and say " Trick or treat", meaning " Give me a treat or I'll play a trick on you!" ( soap your windows, toilet paper your trees etc.), then after the children run around to several houses and get lots of candy, they go back home and eat it all up!

English

Roger, the only things we do on April 1st is tell each other jokes. But company's start making jokes too, like the news sometimes has things like 'Scientists have successfully let a mummies hart beat'. It's a fun day, but some jokes are annoying

Beside spiritual free days like Easter, Christmas, etc. We don't have much more holidays. Only 'Sinterklaas', which is the older version of Santa Claus which we don't celebrate here. Atleast not in a big scale, some family's do both Sinterklaas and Santa Claus but most people only do Sinterklaas or rarely only Santa Claus.

We don't have days like Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

Dutch

Beside spiritual free days like Easter, Christmas, etc. We don't have much more holidays. Only 'Sinterklaas', which is the older version of Santa Claus which we don't celebrate here. Atleast not in a big scale, some family's do both Sinterklaas and Santa Claus but most people only do Sinterklaas or rarely only Santa Claus.

We don't have days like Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

You've just reminded me of the scene from 'Miracle on 34th Street' when Kris Kringle sings 'Sinterklaas Kapoentje' with the little Dutch girl. I know it as a black and white movie (I prefer the 1947 version to the one from 1994), but I found a colorized clip of the scene on YouTube:

Tornado

Steam was phased out in Britain in the 1960s, but there are still a load of steam enthusiasts. One group raised a huge amount of money to build a brand-new locomotive called Tornado. It was completed in 2008, and featured in a 'Top Gear' race with a Jaguar XK120 and a Vincent Black Shadow motorbike. If anyone wants to know, it's an LNER Peppercorn Class A1.

The official steam speed record is still held by the British locomotive Mallard, a streamlined A4 Pacific.

800px-Number_4468_Mallard_in_York.jpg