Dog Collar Challenge

Meadowmufn

*walking along the road leisurely, not in a really big hurry to get home, hears the distinct rumble of a big engine and turns to look over shoulder seeing the familiar black car and gives a smile, recognizing who is driving it...* Hey Brian...*raises an eyebrow hearing the story...* You're going into the swamp? Shouldn't you tell MaryAnne if there's something going on? *asks but then nods at the request for help...* I'm sure MaryAnne probably has more important things then some liquored-up looney with a taste for Bambi, sure I'll go with you. *reaches out and grasps the handle of the door and opens it, climbs into the passenger seat then turns to face the driver....* Besides, who else can deal with homicidal nuts other than us? *chuckles, grinning...* All right, let's roll!

*lights a cigarette as Alex gets into the Chevy, showing him a thin smile. Once Alex is settled in, hits the gas and sends Diablo down the road at a good clip. Keeps the conversation going so that Alex doesn't suspect anything.*

Yeah, Alex....you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people call in about. Ya nevah know whether there's anythang to it or not. So I check out the minor stuff and leave the law to more important work.

*breathes out a long stream of smoke, then speaks again* I'm glad you're able to help out on this one. The swamp can be tricky, ya know. Snakes...quicksand...hidden bogs...stray hillbillies...homicidal maniacs.

*lights a cigarette as Alex gets into the Chevy, showing him a thin smile. Once Alex is settled in, hits the gas and sends Diablo down the road at a good clip. Keeps the conversation going so that Alex doesn't suspect anything.*

Yeah, Alex....you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff people call in about. Ya nevah know whether there's anythang to it or not. So I check out the minor stuff and leave the law to more important work.

*breathes out a long stream of smoke, then speaks again* I'm glad you're able to help out on this one. The swamp can be tricky, ya know. Snakes...quicksand...hidden bogs...stray hillbillies...homicidal maniacs.

*nods watching Brian a moment as he drives...* I'm sure MaryAnne appreciates all the help she can get Brian, you handling the smaller stuff probably makes her job a lot easier. *turns to look out the window a moment at the passing scenery, then smiles...* It's no problem, the swamp can be pretty dangerous for one man alone, I'm sure people have gone in only to never be heard from again.

• 4 weeks later...

Very true, Alex. Eeeeyep.....

*eventually turns Diablo onto a narrow, rutted road, that is barely wide enough for the big Chevy, and takes the path through the woods, heading into the lowlands between the hills. Smiles thinly, knowing revenge is not far off. Recalls a time, years ago, when the tables were turned....and speaks the memory aloud*

...In fact, I recall a time where you yerself, tried to use the swamp to get rid of a rival. You had a notion to toss 'em into a pit of quicksand and watch 'em struggle and yell for help that would nevah come. Kind of a slow, nasty way to cancel out the competition, if you ask me....

*pauses, and turns face towards Alex, showing a frown* ...Do you know how long it took me to clean the quicksand out of this leather jacket?

Very true, Alex. Eeeeyep.....

*eventually turns Diablo onto a narrow, rutted road, that is barely wide enough for the big Chevy, and takes the path through the woods, heading into the lowlands between the hills. Smiles thinly, knowing revenge is not far off. Recalls a time, years ago, when the tables were turned....and speaks the memory aloud*

...In fact, I recall a time where you yerself, tried to use the swamp to get rid of a rival. You had a notion to toss 'em into a pit of quicksand and watch 'em struggle and yell for help that would nevah come. Kind of a slow, nasty way to cancel out the competition, if you ask me....

*pauses, and turns face towards Alex, showing a frown* ...Do you know how long it took me to clean the quicksand out of this leather jacket?

*watching the road then turns the attention to Brian, creasing brow a moment remembering that night*

Oh yeah I remember that! *chuckles* We really weren't on the best of terms back then we were? *watching Brian a moment the smile fading a little* You and I pretty much hated each other. But there are no hard feelings about that night...are there?

*keeping attention on Brian, waiting for the answer...*

• 1 month later...

*JulieDuke is driving her 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and it seems that she has it running really smooth and she wanted to test it out and she spotted Diablo and she wandered what they was up to at the moment right now.

Julie has had her car for a while but she love ever since she seen at the used car lot in Atlanta and ever since she bought it she has always been seen driving around in it. She found being a Duke brought a repution with itself and she trying to change her but she didn't know how to make Rosco and Boss not think of her as a troublemake like he did of her brother and cousin. He was waiting for her to make her slip up but she had plans for going to Ohio State University and being a Crime Scene Investigator it involved alot of science but she really loved science and she had been taking apart things to fine out how they work ever since she has been litle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I offered my idea for a round robin - http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7671

- perhaps this year or next, someone will turn something in?

Seems like the round robin story concepts have pretty much died off. We try one here and there, but either there's not enough robins, or they're not round enough, or...I dunno. They were once a tradition.

• 3 months later...
I offered my idea for a round robin - http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7671

- perhaps this year or next, someone will turn something in?

I tried that round robin... but.... you saw how it ended :mad:

I think I'm no good in round robin ... or simply I've not found yet someone able to follow me in my confused parallel world, or simply someone enough patient. :lol:

• 12 years later...
On 5/9/2007 at 2:59 AM, Meadowmufn said:

Ok, I promised it in the Appomattox Challenge and here it is! The dog collar challenge... I'm gonna give y'all a few options on this one

1) Write a story in the perspective of Flash (or any other random Hazzard mutt).

2) Write a story in which a dog collar is prominently featured.

or for the more adventurous of you...

3) Write a story in which one of the characters ends up wearing a dog collar. (Keep the stories PG-13, please! :D Of course, you could always send the moderators "alternate" versions that won't be posted. *ahem* :uninvolved: )

Y'all have til June 30th. Sadie needs a new collar. And if y'all don't pitch in to help her out with a story or twelve, she's just gonna have to do without. And that will make her a sad puppy. Y'all don't wanna have a sad puppy on yer consciences now, do ya? Didn't think so. So, get writin'!!

post-2557-143050809157_thumb.jpg

Adorable! :)

On 6/15/2007 at 11:30 PM, Meadowmufn said:

I concur. So, what I gather from your "plea" is... you remember Alex dancing in the rain and you don't know if he's positively touched anyone's life. Remind me not to hire you as a defense attorney if I should ever need one. LOL.

Meadowmufn... That's hilarious! Considerin' her character Daney Duke is a Private Detective. LOL.