James Best (Rosco) missing in end of season 2

FLDukefan

Well, for others that don't know, I say something one friend told me: James Best asked to have a camper where he could change his dresses after the lots of scene where Rosco finish in the water.

The production didn't give it to him, so he quit.

But the other characters that replaced him haven't lots of success, so James had his camper and came back.

Well, for others that don't know, I say something one friend told me: James Best asked to have a camper where he could change his dresses after the lots of scene where Rosco finish in the water.

The production didn't give it to him, so he quit.

But the other characters that replaced him haven't lots of success, so James had his camper and came back.

And after watching these other replacement sheriffs I say Thank God!

Welcome to the Hazzardnet FLDukefan. The folks here sure are full of that southern hospitality that you're probably accustomed to (even though some of us are only southern at heart). I agree completely about those replacement sheriffs. I just can't imagine Hazzard County without Rosco Pervus Coltrane. Not having Rosco there makes about as much sense as a farm without dirt. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

Welcome to the Hazzardnet FLDukefan. The folks here sure are full of that southern hospitality that you're probably accustomed to (even though some of us are only southern at heart). I agree completely about those replacement sheriffs. I just can't imagine Hazzard County without Rosco Pervus Coltrane. Not having Rosco there makes about as much sense as a farm without dirt. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

Thanks for the welcome. I am now in season 3 counting the episodes to the return of Enos. But that means we'd be closer to the Coy and Vance days which isn't good either.

I agree with you about Coy and Vance. At least the quality of writing didn't suffer when Bo and Luke were gone and (of course) the other main characters were always perfect at their job no matter which Duke boys were riding in the General. I'm also a big Enos fan. In fact he was my favorite character the whole time the show was out. Now that I'm a little older (47) I've switched to Uncle Jesse as my favorite. Coincidently, I'm also in season 3 I just watched "Good Neighbors Duke" tonight. I'm making a map of Hazzard County. Go to "Hobbies" if you're interested in getting an idea of what it will be like. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I agree with you about Coy and Vance. At least the quality of writing didn't suffer when Bo and Luke were gone and (of course) the other main characters were always perfect at their job no matter which Duke boys were riding in the General. I'm also a big Enos fan. In fact he was my favorite character the whole time the show was out. Now that I'm a little older (47) I've switched to Uncle Jesse as my favorite. Coincidently, I'm also in season 3 I just watched "Good Neighbors Duke" tonight. I'm making a map of Hazzard County. Go to "Hobbies" if you're interested in getting an idea of what it will be like. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I just got through with "To Catch a Duke" now I'm watching "Along Came a Duke".

I agree, the writing didn't suffer during the Coy and Vance episodes, in fact, some of them were quite good ideas. :)

I will personally never forget the 'Comrade Duke' Episode where the young gymnast calls Jesse, 'dyadya Jesse'. 'Dyadya' is Russian for 'Uncle', and Jesse's reaction to it was really cute. I was impressed that they were able to use correct Russian words, and even the other stuff that they wrote where they had people mumbling in Russian, they seemed relatively accurate with it. So, I was rather impressed that the level of writing did not suffer because John and Tom were not there. (For the record, Russian was one of my majors in College, thus my citing this particular episode and the good way they wrote it.)

I agree, the writing didn't suffer during the Coy and Vance episodes, in fact, some of them were quite good ideas. :)

I will personally never forget the 'Comrade Duke' Episode where the young gymnast calls Jesse, 'dyadya Jesse'. 'Dyadya' is Russian for 'Uncle', and Jesse's reaction to it was really cute. I was impressed that they were able to use correct Russian words, and even the other stuff that they wrote where they had people mumbling in Russian, they seemed relatively accurate with it. So, I was rather impressed that the level of writing did not suffer because John and Tom were not there. (For the record, Russian was one of my majors in College, thus my citing this particular episode and the good way they wrote it.)

I'm part russian myself, my grandmothers maiden name was Scheutzow.