What songs remind you of Hazzard?

RogerDuke

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a Jewel fan and I think she'll do well in the country music setting, and for that matter so will Jessica Simpson (dodges rotten tomatoes) but I don't really care for Jewel's song 'I do.' Don't know why really, it just isn't one that I like to listen to.

As far as songs that reflect the Duke Boys, I'm going with the Zac Brown Band and their song, "I like my chicken fried."

• 2 weeks later...

I like Holler Back also but the music video sucks. BIG TIME. Just the guys singing infront of a building/office park? How about some 'city slickers' running down an alley, trying to keep from being mugged (or maybe some idiots trying to act like a really tough crew who get trapped in an alley) and they fall through the brick wall into a camp area with bon fires, marshmallows and get led on a snipe hunt. Now that would be funny.

I like Holler Back also but the music video sucks. BIG TIME. Just the guys singing infront of a building/office park? How about some 'city slickers' running down an alley, trying to keep from being mugged (or maybe some idiots trying to act like a really tough crew who get trapped in an alley) and they fall through the brick wall into a camp area with bon fires, marshmallows and get led on a snipe hunt. Now that would be funny.

i saw the music video last night and i agree it does suck but it does remind me the Dukes

Gosh Dern...I see Roger beat me to postin 'Holler Back' by the Lost Trailers. N I also agree the video stinks, and arty kidd the snipe huntin and bonfires would be funny...my kind of video...haha...anyways a song that reminds me of hazzard is "I Can Sleep When Im Dead' By Jason Micheal Caroll...ain't sure why it just does.

• 4 weeks later...
Redneck Girl, the title of that song reminds me of the song "Louisiana Saturday Night". I think it's by Mel McDaniel. It's a great redneck song.

(Of course, I naturally love any song that mentions a "possum in a sack")

Hey Roger...yea I've heard that song to and I really like it...I've been tryin to find one of my friends that can get it to put it on a cd but so far no luck...:( But its a good song...even heard it last night on the radio comin home on the bus. And Arty Kidd ya I can see that too...lol...I've heard a few more songs that have reminded me of the Dukes listnin to em. Here they are:

Country Boy- Alan Jackson (*Sighs* Bo...lol.)

Rednecktified- Neal McCoy- I love this song!

Country Man- Luke Bryan (*Sighs* Bo again...lol.)

I'm From the Country- Tracy Byrd

Off The Hillbilly Hook- The Trailer Choir

Shine- Matt Stillwell (All bout shine...moonshine that is!...lol.)

If Heavan Ain't A Lot Like Dixie- Hank Williams Jr. (I love this song too!)

Hey Roger...yea I've heard that song to and I really like it...I've been tryin to find one of my friends that can get it to put it on a cd but so far no luck...:( But its a good song...even heard it last night on the radio comin home on the bus. And Arty Kidd ya I can see that too...lol...I've heard a few more songs that have reminded me of the Dukes listnin to em. Here they are:

Country Boy- Alan Jackson (*Sighs* Bo...lol.)

Rednecktified- Neal McCoy- I love this song!

Country Man- Luke Bryan (*Sighs* Bo again...lol.)

I'm From the Country- Tracy Byrd

Off The Hillbilly Hook- The Trailer Choir

Shine- Matt Stillwell (All bout shine...moonshine that is!...lol.)

If Heavan Ain't A Lot Like Dixie- Hank Williams Jr. (I love this song too!)

RedNeck Woman- Gretchen Wilson (reminds me of Daisy for some reason)

I have that song on my Hank Williams Sr. Greatest Hits CD.

It might possibly be the saddest song ever written.

I guess because it's so sad I can't really say I'm in love with it but I think it's a great song that can help people through tough times. When you're hurting that bad, it's always nice to know that there's someone out there who knows how you feel.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay y'all Im listinin to "A Redneck Christmas" by Slidawg and the Redneck Ramblers...I can't stop laughin....anyways the one song, "Walkin in a Redneck Wonderland" I couldn't help but think of the dukes when it said, "and Daisy Duke is our town mayor" I loved that...WOO HOO nother song that mentions the Dukes...lol...I can't find the post that has songs with songs that actually mention dukes in em but I wanted to tell ya bout this....if ya like redneck funny Christmas songs...I reccomend it...It is a two disk set and Lets fry up Alvin and the Chipmunks(for our Christmas meal) is hysterical!!

• 5 months later...

um

Good Time-Alan Jackson

Don't Mess around with Jim-Josh Turner

Trailerhood-Josh Turner

Country Boy-Alan Jackson

Where I Come From-Alan Jackson (Cause he came from Georgia)

Mr. Policeman-Brad Paisley (If you listen you'll know what i'm talkin bout. i swear the guy chasin him has to be Roscoe)

Firecracker-Josh Turner (well hey it does kinda describe Daisy)

White Noise-Josh Turner (Would be a Boar's Nest song) buncha rednecks havin a good time

Wild Angels-Martina McBride-hey they are wild

When God-Fearin Women Get the Blues (Hey if you see the video kinda remind of Daisy)

Mirand Lambert-Gunpowder and Lead (Well hey if you could picture Daisy in there)

Miranda Lambert-Kerosene (For some reason i could picture them in this)

Rascal Flatts-Me and my Gang

Tim McGraw- Renegade

Tracy Byrd-Watermelon Crawl (does mention Georgia)

-Good Way to get on my bad side

-Johnny Cash

Here's my list for now and tomorrow i'll probably think of a thousand more like

Dierks Bently-Sideways