A Hypothetical For Y'all

I think most of us could accept that except maybe a hardcore like me but as long as they got rid of the "American Pie" teen humor,dirty thinking.Even I would be more accepting of that.As long as they keep it true family friendly like the original something you could let say a 7 year old watch without a parent in the room.

Interesting hypothesis there. I actually did that once in an (unfinished and unposted) AU story... had Luke and Daisy as siblings. Of course, the whole proposed series was unique enough in all aspects - though I didn't develop it very well. But that was years ago... ah, memories.

I'd have to say Yes but on a couple of conditions.

1. That the actors who played the boys actually maybe talked to Tom and John about their characters and watched the Dukes to see how they acted and stuff. The thing about the other two movies is that you can't sympathize with the characters because they are nothing like the Bo and Luke we love. There wasn't any relationship between the two on stage in either, whereas Tom and John's just seemed to happen naturally.

2. They definitly removed the horrible horrible sexual inuendos in the movie. They just don't work, there is no way Uncle Jesse would go around doing what he does and says in those movies although I have to say the second one was a lot better than the first.

3. The actors overall actually have knowledge of the Dukes and have the guts to stand up to the writers and say when something is wrong about what they are doing. Not one of the actors in the movie seemed to understand at all what the Dukes is about and the writers and director sure didn't either.

4. They took it back to how the Dukes really was. A family show with morals and ethics but also with a lot of good, clean humour that is so much funnier than the rude jokes they have in the movies. John and Tom had the ability to make the smallest things a joke to have us giggling for ages. For example one thing that always gets me in Double Sting is when Rosco goes into his office and Luke's just attached the chair wheels to the door and Luke actually goes 'Hee hee'. That gets me everytime. Its small things like that that are so innocent that make the audeince laugh, not these pathetic jokes that to be honest (and no offense meant to anyone who is not this, I do understand that this is not always the case) 99.9 percent of the time its only the really immature, hormone crazed teenagers that actually want to see something like that.

The thing about the sibilings wouldn't really matter so much because in the show it seems like they are all siblings anyway. If you asked someone to watch a scene where Bo, Luke and Daisy are all together as a family where not one of them says 'Cousin' (not many I know lol) then I dont think anyone would pick up that they weren't siblings unless you told them or until they said cousin. So yeah, that's be cool to see. Especially between Bo and Luke I think. That's my rant over lol

Wow, I thought Luke was supposed to be the smart one that did all the thinking but Bo, you put so much thought into that, it made my head spin. After it stopped spinning I smiled a lot. It's nice to know that there's people out there like you. Someday, them there fancy dancy city slicker folks out there in Hollywood will realize that the world wants to return to the fun simple life of Hazzard County. When they do, hopefully they'll plug into the Hazzardnet and read your post Bo. If they follow those instructions they'll have another hit on their hands. That'll make them (and us) happier than a pig in 3 day old slop. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

And here's another thing that's great about Hazzard County. Where else can you mention pigs being happy in 3 day old slop and have it come out as a compliment. I tell you what...them there folks on shows like Beverly Hills 90210 and Desperate Housewives just don't know how to live. I really feel sorry for them people. Sure, in Hazzard we have just as many problems as anybody else. But they ain't nothing that can't be fixed by jumping over a creek or talking to Uncle Jesse or calling Cooter's towtruck.

• 1 year later...