Need support, Buddy 1994-2007

Bo_Duke_girl

my cat buddy has passed away, mom put him down this afternoon. He died of cancer.

Buddy was more than a pet, he was my companion, my brother, my friend but most of all somebody I loved.

This morning when I woke up he crawled up onto my chest and started to pur.

The vet said he was in alot pain and there was alot of tumor in his stomache.

I'm in shock right now and I feel numb, sick to my stomach but most of all sad.

On the good side I know he'll be watching over me in heaven and looking out for me. I hate myself for not seeing his pain and not being able to do a thing about it until it was too late.

God, please keep Buddy happy until my time comes, please let him know that I loved him very much and I still do and will continue to. Also let him know that we're going to miss him but treasure his memory.

All your Hazzard County friends feel bad for you. Under these circumstances there's not much we can say except we're here for you and most of us know what you're going through. Spend the next few days being a little selfish and only focus on getting better. Surround yourself with people who understand and get all that pain out by talking to them. Roger

It's hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet. They trust us, though, to make the right decisions for them, even when they can't tell us what's wrong. It's hard to let go no matter what, but we can't let them suffer.

I'm no expert, but sometimes what helps with grief, is when we share it, and also when we do something positive where we can. Something as little as getting a small bag of wild bird seed and filling a feeder, can be good. No bird seed? Pitch an entire loaf of bread out the door if you can spare it. If all else, chuck each slice like a frisbee and you can't help but cheer yourself up.

My condolences on Buddy. Take care,

Brian

My condolences. It's tough to lose someone you love, whether it's a friend, a family member, or a beloved pet. Just remember all the good times and take comfort in the fact that he's no longer suffering. Follow Bri's advice and do something positive for other living creatures in remembrance of Buddy.