northern DukesFest

Please don't hate me. The Dukes are way down there in Dixie and I'm up north in Pennsylvania. I hope I don't get anybody mad with this suggestion. Has anybody thought of more than one Dukes Fest? I'm not proposing that us northern Dukes should have something as big as the real Dukes Fest. I'm not suggesting they be in competition or anything like that. I'm just wondering if a bunch of good 'ole boys (and girls) who live a long way from Dixie could get together someplace in this neck of the woods. In my heart, I've lived in Hazzard County since episode number one. It sure would be nice to meet other good folks who live there too without having to drive so far. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

You got me on that one. I feel embarrased that I'm relatively close and am complaining. It's not really the distance so much as the cost for me personally. I know that if Bo and Luke had to spend a lot on something they'd be looking for a plan B also. Them hillbilly boys is just like me, the'yre lucky to have 5 bucks in their wallet. "Everybody knows you Dukes is poor" (-Rosco)

You got me on that one. I feel embarrased that I'm relatively close and am complaining. It's not really the distance so much as the cost for me personally. I know that if Bo and Luke had to spend a lot on something they'd be looking for a plan B also. Them hillbilly boys is just like me, the'yre lucky to have 5 bucks in their wallet. "Everybody knows you Dukes is poor" (-Rosco)

No problem Roger. I know what you mean. I'll do this (I think ;) ) one time in my life to travel so far for "just" a tv-show.

But it grabbed me from the beginning i saw it for the first time (I think I was 3 or 4 years old). I have to be there for one time in my life !

My husband and I are further. It would take a good eight hours with a plane to get to TN. So, unless someone is from Australia or Russia, we're a couple of the further away fans. I was sort of wondering if there was something here in Europe, but I doubt it. ;)

Good luck finding something anyway.

My husband and I are further. It would take a good eight hours with a plane to get to TN. So, unless someone is from Australia or Russia, we're a couple of the further away fans. I was sort of wondering if there was something here in Europe, but I doubt it. ;)

Good luck finding something anyway.

There is a dutch Dukes of Hazzard site, but there is nothing about organising a Dukesfest.

Ahh, from Germany, we will fly from Dusseldorf, it was a lot cheaper then Amsterdam, over 100E per ticket !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Wow Daney, thanks for this info. Is this an annual event? I'm going to see if I can make it. It's kinda short notice but hopefully I can pull it off. I'm gone

The flyer says it's the first one. That would be nice if they get enough people and can have this event for several years. If you go, have fun!

There is a Dukes happening in Ontario Canada every year. It's called Hair Dare Dukes Day for Cancer. You can meet DOH actors and contribute to the Canadian Cancer Society at the same time. Among the activities there is a dinner with the stars this year the attendees were Byron Cherry aka "COY DUKE", Don Pedro Colley aka "SHERIFF LITTLE" and Christopher Mayor aka "VANCE DUKE". Billie Rae Bates and Paul Casey were also there. Jack Gordon aka "HONEST JOHN LEDBETTER" was scheduled to attend again but he passed away this spring.

You can get autographs and see famous cars such as the General Lee, the Hazzard County Sheriff car, K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider the Starsky & Hutch Torino, an A-TEAM van the MAD MAX CAR from Mad Max 1, the Bat Boat with Batman & Robin the boy wonder, the new Dukes 2005 movie sherrif's car and more.

More info:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hair_Dare_Dukes_Day_for_Cancer/

For 2008:

http://canadiandukes.com/upcoming/

• 10 months later...

I think that it would be really nice fer them to have a northern dukesfest somewhere...Even if it ain't as big just one that the people up north who love the Dukes dont have to drive or fly as far. There are plenty of places they could have it and I think that they could make a lot of money. Heck I know when Ben Jones "Cooter" came to Pittsburg PA with the World of Wheels car show along with Erin Moran(Joanie from Happy Days) and Cindy Williams(Shirley from Laverne and Shirley)(Fonzi[Henry Winkler] was posed to be there but had the flu) anyways we went to them first well my mama did I didn't even know Cooter was there and we got their autographs and then I saw people had autographed Dukes stuff so then we went over to see him n that was only lk 15 mins after they all came, and we stood in line bout 2.5 hours waitin to git to see him...(THAT WAS AWESOME!) And then they had to cut the line off and have them and everyone else come back at 6.

There was a lot of people at that...n then there was one guy in line that had came from Ohio to see him and a few more from virginia, and one had went to Ohio to see Rosco n said he stood in line bout 4 hours waitin to see him

Then when John Schneider came to Moorefield Wet Virginia (March 12, 2008, heck how can I fergit that day my first hug from a guy that wasn't a relative...and it was Bo Duke...well John Schneider but Bo!! Now how many people can say that?!?!lol) He came at 2 and was posed to go home at 6...The guy who bought 'Bo's General Lee' had it as part of the deal that he showed up to sign autographs n such...Well I was picked up from school and when we got there there was people lined up fer bout a mile or a lil more.They was just packed together...We stood in line probably 3 hours waitin to see him...Eventually they had to stop autographs completely and just make it a meet n greet...I had to settle for that...you could buy pics that he previuosly autographed I got one of those...Originally you could buy pic, the movie, "Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit, and some cd I think to ave him sign but they ran out of all that but like 5 DVD's. Later we found out that they had only expected a couple hundred or so and there ended up bein some like 5,000 people that went through(I really hope that number is right I know it was thousands)

So right there are 3 times up north that 3 of the cast from The Dukes brought in A LOT of people in and probably made a whole lot of money. I think that a Northern Dukesfest is a good idea and would probably bring a whole bunch of people! This was a long post.lol. :p:D

As I was reading the recent replies I noticed my own post and I need to correct it.

Christopher Mayer did not attend the 2007 Dukes Day. He was scheduled but couldn't make it for some reason.

Leamington, Ontario is an hour drive from Detroit.

AUGUST 22 TO 24, 2008

The STARS ARE HERE ALL 3 DAYS, DINNER WITH THE STARS " FRIDAY August 22 "

BYRON CHERRY aka "COY DUKE", DON PEDRO COLLEY aka "SHERIFF LITTLE", "BILLIE RAE BATES", "PAUL CASEY" from Las Vegas.

AUGUST 23, 24th, CAR SHOW & SWAP MEET

• 1 year later...

Great news! I got in contact with Ray and he's going to be posting information about his jump. This guy's a hard-core Dukes fan. Hopefully we can get some folks here on the HazzardNet to attend. It's going to take place north of Youngstown Ohio.

I'm not sure if he'll be posting it here or up top on Dukes of Hazzard Hazzard News. That might be a better place for it.

Thanks again Daney for bringing this to our attention.

Just an FYI, if you live in the northeast keep up to date with the Chiller Theatre

and Super Mega Show websites. They are the two "big" shows that bring in stars from the Dukes time period. Catherine Bach & John Schneider did chiller a couple of years back and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both back (or other stars from the show) since enough time has past and they received a great response. The Wizard convention is also one to watch as I believe Tom Wopat did one but as he was a "Friday only" guest I missed it.