Reviews of Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning

Given the demos that the movie attracted, Divia is right that it will be geared towards that....

Young adult males, cars, sex , perfect for SPIKE, but not ABC Family...

We will see what happens. It seems a little too early to tell right now. Maybe after the intial sales of the DVD are released then we can get some more progress.

I'm gone

Darrell

I thought DOH: The Beginning was A LOT better than the 2005 movie! I watched it on ABC Family channel and I just bought the unrated version yesterday. I felt The Beginning was at least 25% closer to the original series than the 2005 movie was. I was a bit surprised about the nudity and some of the language, but one thing this movie had that the 2005 one didn't was heart. I mean, in this one they seemed more like a family and less like a bunch of criminals like in the last one. The plot was pretty good, the acting was pretty good, and there were no forced southern accents either which was a plus. The General looked great and sounded great! I thought the driving stuff was pretty good even though the only jump in the movie was CG and the 2005 movie had more stunts. The only things I can honestly say that I didn't like about the movie is that Bo and Luke were OBSESSED with girls and sex and Lulu was a sex fanatic, lol. Even though I think I could make a better Dukes movie, I think this was a pretty good one, and was more tastefully and thoughtfully done, and I give it a 3 out of 5 stars!

I suspect that most peple who liked the recent Dukes Beginning movie weren't even born when the original series was out. I'm happy to see young people drawn to the Dukes but disappointed in the vulgarity. I have a question for those who would corrupt such a great show. WWJD? (What would (Uncle) Jesse do?) Well, let me tell you what he'd do...he'd get up and turn off the satellite dish and then put in a DVD of the original Dukes. RogerDuke

I was around when the original was out, but I also know that time changes things.

When He-Man got relaunched a few years ago it was different.

When they redid G.I. Joe it was different

Same with Transformers and My Little Pony and Strawberry shortcake.

80s properties have been updated to keep old fans but gain new ones.

I can understand your point about times changing but my concern is this. If Dukes going from a G rating to an R rating is considered an improvement then does that mean that if they go from R to X that will be even better? Consider this, The original Georgia episodes were PG but they toned them down to G because they knew the improvement is what would succeed and it was what the majority wanted. It's what the majority still wants. Not many people wanted to see Uncle Jesse smoking pot in the last R rated movie. Even fewer will want to see Willie Nelson naked in the X-rated one. RogerDuke

The thing is they made it a family show. Now I think they want to aim it towards teenage boys and older men becuase so few shows are for them. If they did that then they could make a killing. It was the highest rated tv movie for that group when it showed on ABC family. In essance they could have a hit on their hands.

there are family stations, Disney, ABC family, Nick, Hallmark....

To be fair as a kid I didnt watch much TV. My parents booted my ass out the door to go play. I think I watched teh dukes when I was younger, on occasion the A Team and that was it...oh and little house. But thats all we watched.

Kids these days spend too much time in front of the tv. Is it any wonder our nation is as fat as it is?

• 5 months later...
there are family stations, Disney, ABC family, Nick, Hallmark....

To be fair as a kid I didnt watch much TV. My parents booted my ass out the door to go play. I think I watched teh dukes when I was younger, on occasion the A Team and that was it...oh and little house. But thats all we watched.

Kids these days spend too much time in front of the tv. Is it any wonder our nation is as fat as it is?

I wonder is there going to be sequeal to this movie. And I am looking foward to getting my copy of Collier and Co: Hot Pursuit.