What?s on Sunday (New York Times)

From Yahoo! News - Sun, 04 Mar 2007 02:17:33 GMT

8 P.M. (ABC Family) THE DUKES OF HAZZARD: THE BEGINNING (2007). April Scott, who hails from Poplar Bluff, Mo., the so-called gateway to the Ozarks, plays Daisy Duke in this made-for-television prequel based on the series about a couple of rabble-rousing Southern cousins. Jonathan Bennett plays Bo Hazzard, Randy Wayne is his cousin Luke, and Christopher McDonald gets gussied up in white as Boss ...

More...

Read the whole story at the link above and then feel free to come back here and post your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, what I think TV producers need to look into is the idea of a show with John and Tom in it, but they are Bo and Luke aged and makes a new generation of Dukes.

Seriously, no one can really replace Bo and Luke and it would be surprisingly refreshing to see the Duke boys grown up. Plus, no one else seems to know Bo and Luke better then the guys that played 'Bo and Luke'.

If TV producers want to emulate the 'Dukes of Hazzard' and keep a more raunchy or more gritty tone to it without losing the family aspect and being able to please the fans, they need to start out with new Duke boys but having them build off of their families dreams and values. Example of a plot line would be having John and Tom back in Hazzard and maybe Luke is a family man now and Bo is back from being all over and finds he has a son. Another example is taking Daisy, maybe she and Enos had a kid or two kids and Bo has a son or Luke has a son that they do or don't know about. I mean come on... The possibilities are endless for a sequel series.

If someone like the CW or ABC family is reading and wants to cash out on this but needs a writer and ideas, look me or some of the other fine writers of Hnet up. Seriously... I think now the climate is right for a DOH sequel series. With the advent of Smallville and the uproar of John Schneider leaving the show, then with these two movies released, I think it's time. Plus, if you notice, there is a new show out from the Fox Network called 'Drive' and the appetite this country has for NASCAR. I mean why wouldn't this be the time?

The show could have old and new characters in it, be able to get fresh new faces to the small screen but yet have some seasoned old ones that would bring in the audience as well.

That's just my two cents on the whole talk about the TV series rumors.

Valerie M. Strate

• 3 weeks later...
From Yahoo! News - Sun, 04 Mar 2007 02:17:33 GMT

8 P.M. (ABC Family) THE DUKES OF HAZZARD: THE BEGINNING (2007). April Scott, who hails from Poplar Bluff, Mo., the so-called gateway to the Ozarks, plays Daisy Duke in this made-for-television prequel based on the series about a couple of rabble-rousing Southern cousins. Jonathan Bennett plays Bo Hazzard, Randy Wayne is his cousin Luke, and Christopher McDonald gets gussied up in white as Boss ...

More...

Read the whole story at the link above and then feel free to come back here and post your comments.

havent seen it yet.,, ! but soon. hope they make a tv series. !

Really, what I think TV producers need to look into is the idea of a show with John and Tom in it, but they are Bo and Luke aged and makes a new generation of Dukes.

Seriously, no one can really replace Bo and Luke and it would be surprisingly refreshing to see the Duke boys grown up. Plus, no one else seems to know Bo and Luke better then the guys that played 'Bo and Luke'.

If TV producers want to emulate the 'Dukes of Hazzard' and keep a more raunchy or more gritty tone to it without losing the family aspect and being able to please the fans, they need to start out with new Duke boys but having them build off of their families dreams and values. Example of a plot line would be having John and Tom back in Hazzard and maybe Luke is a family man now and Bo is back from being all over and finds he has a son. Another example is taking Daisy, maybe she and Enos had a kid or two kids and Bo has a son or Luke has a son that they do or don't know about. I mean come on... The possibilities are endless for a sequel series.

If someone like the CW or ABC family is reading and wants to cash out on this but needs a writer and ideas, look me or some of the other fine writers of Hnet up. Seriously... I think now the climate is right for a DOH sequel series. With the advent of Smallville and the uproar of John Schneider leaving the show, then with these two movies released, I think it's time. Plus, if you notice, there is a new show out from the Fox Network called 'Drive' and the appetite this country has for NASCAR. I mean why wouldn't this be the time?

The show could have old and new characters in it, be able to get fresh new faces to the small screen but yet have some seasoned old ones that would bring in the audience as well.

That's just my two cents on the whole talk about the TV series rumors.

Valerie M. Strate

i Aggree yes..its time for (Dukes next generations)..with john and tom! and ......

sons.! JR BO AND Jr LUKE. WITH a dodge charger..making there way.the only way they know how. ! as well as daisy duke. and A couple new deputies.

and james best.! running things like boss hogg..!! i think A gooter girl would be nice to see..at hazzard garage. and a new farm. the list goes on!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ya know johnny c that is a good idea i would watch that no matter what so they're a little older but what if Bo and Luke had families and what not put the final chapter in instead of a race with bad guys yes its enjoyable but theres a gap that needs to be filled dont ya'll think?