Appomattox Challenge - MaryAnne's Upcoming Demotion

Yes, ok... Not as many fell for it as I wanted but yes... It's Baloney.

April Fools!

No I haven't given up. I'm still working away at a fic to save MaryAnne. I need help though.

I mean come on guys! Me alone isn't going to save MaryAnne's badge! I know there is a whole troop of ya out there that can write and will in order to save law and order of Hazzard!

*Gets out blue and white paint and paints face, then steps up onto of the soapbox and blows the magic conch one more time.*

They may take our lives but they can never take our FREEDOM!

A fight for justice is a fight for freedom!

Val

Val, ain't you over-reacting just a bit? I mean, comparing my ascention to a higher rank to the devestation of global warming? And then suggesting that preventing my promotion equals a fight for justice and freedom?

Come on, you know I'm a creampuff to work with. I'm easy going, relaxed, and casual. Why, me taking over MaryAnne's rank would hardly be noticed for the most part.

Think about it, life around here could be a lot easier in the near future. At least for those who choose to stay on my good side.

You should follow Alex's wise example. You can't go wrong by dispensing some flattery and getting me a few presents. It'll help the transition of power go much smoother.

Brian

Oh, and MaryAnne... not a bad start, but you need to work on your subservience. Try bowing a little lower and get the sarcasm outta yer voice. You got about 7 days to practice.

Brian

It wouldn't hurt you any to practice your curtsey too, Bri. It's not like you own this place or anything... 8-) Khee!

MeadowMufn, the idea of owning HazzardNet outright never crossed my mind. No place to put it, for one thing. And the minute something technical blew up, I'd be calling you anyway. I'm content to have as much power and influence as possible while letting somebody else hold the bag on the details.

I know you're looking forward to my upcoming promotion, seeing as how you haven't turned in a story on MaryAnne's behalf. :D

Brian

MeadowMufn, the idea of owning HazzardNet outright never crossed my mind. No place to put it, for one thing. And the minute something technical blew up, I'd be calling you anyway. I'm content to have as much power and influence as possible while letting somebody else hold the bag on the details.

I know you're looking forward to my upcoming promotion, seeing as how you haven't turned in a story on MaryAnne's behalf. :D

Brian

Who said there isn't one coming?

What?! Wait a minute. There's less than a week! You wanna change the deal now? Waaaait a minute.....

Right now, MaryAnne's only hope of keeping her place in the ranks is if enough other people come through for her and submit a story. So if I'm the one to benefit by the said change in ranks, why on earth would I turn in a story? It would end up counting towards her ransom. Hence my lazy taunts.

But if you want to make it a sort of side challenge with me, to cough up a story of my own - with less than a week left - okay, but you're gonna halfta pony up a little risk of yer own, Mufn ol' cousin ol' buddy.

How about you stand with MaryAnne on this one. If she gets demoted due to lack of story entries, then so do you. Then each of you would get the honor of reporting to me, and having avatars and signatures of my own choosing, and whatever else I come up with for amusement.

Brian

Actually Brian has a point about turning in a story himself. Even tho' I put myself on the line as well in the Bail Bond Challenge, I didn't write a story as it would have been a conflict o' interest.

A real noble gesture this time around would be for Brian to lose all rank and privilege same as me. But then....that would put a damper on the whole point of this challenge to begin with.

Of course, all three of us could put our heads collectively on the chopping block and if an insufficient number of stories are turned in, we just turn out the lights and say "so long HNet!"

Wow. Talk about a motivator. Why didn't we think of that one four weeks ago? ROFL

Anyway, I think people are secretly hoping for regime change, they just don't want to admit to spare my feelings. I think most folks would rather see Brian run amok around here and see me reduced to lackey status.

Wait a minute. Doesn't Brian already runs amok around here and I'm already at lackey status?

MaryAnne

2 and 5/8ths

HA! Not quite. There were 8 stories total, turned in for the last challenge. I'd think that MaryAnne could muster up an equal amount of support to keep her badge outta hock. Therefore, 8 stories is the target.

If we get close to that, like 6 or 7, I'll probably be lenient. Otherwise, off with her head! Er, badge.

Brian

Brian runs amok here til somebody notices and locks him up for a bit. Then we let him loose again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. LOL.

But honestly, do you think anyone would notice if we all went into exile from HNet for a while? Khee! There's the off chance that they might, so perhaps to prevent copious wailing, gnashing of teeth, and a run on the sackcloth market, we should wager something a little more innocuous.

Like... whoever loses has to watch Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow AND post a report about it that includes intimate details, so we'll know the person or persons watched it. Khee! Actually, that's not really innocuous, is it? That's actually tantamount to torture in my book. But hey, it makes for some good drama, don't it? :D

Thank God I won a free Netflix subscription, cuz if I lose I ain't spendin' a dime on that sh... umm, sh...shilly dvd! Khee!

A real noble gesture this time around would be for Brian to lose all rank and privilege same as me. But then....that would put a damper on the whole point of this challenge to begin with.

Anyway, I think people are secretly hoping for regime change, they just don't want to admit to spare my feelings. MaryAnne

I've never backed down from a challenge. I'm willing to put up my own stakes but Mufn has to ante up too. There's roughly five days left, so if we're gonna make this worse we'd better clarify the bet.

That being said...MaryAnne, I doubt people are really rooting for a regime change. They might be curious as to the shenanigans I'll pull, but that doesn't mean you're not appreciated. Besides, there's a few days left for people to send in their stuff. As much as I'll enjoy getting my boots polished, and having tributes made, I'm not out to wound your ego. So I'll overlook the little things, like when you bow and issue the bird at the same time.

Brian

Like... whoever loses has to watch Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow AND post a report about it that includes intimate details, so we'll know the person or persons watched it. Khee! Actually, that's not really innocuous, is it? That's actually tantamount to torture in my book. But hey, it makes for some good drama, don't it?

Mufn, if it makes you happy, I'll write a Dukes / Barbie Fairytopia fanfic crossover.

Brian

Mufn, if it makes you happy, I'll write a Dukes / Barbie Fairytopia fanfic crossover.

Brian

Yer on! I'm assuming that Fairytopia features post-breakup Barbie, right? I got three words for you to make it an interesting crossover. Earring Magic Ken. *ahem* Google it.

Hmmm... On second thought, perhaps we shouldn't post that particular fanfic on HazzardNet. LOL.

And no, I'm not a Barbie fan. I just used to watch way too much tv.

Val, ain't you over-reacting just a bit? I mean, comparing my ascention to a higher rank to the devastation of global warming? And then suggesting that preventing my promotion equals a fight for justice and freedom?

Come on, you know I'm a creampuff to work with. I'm easy going, relaxed, and casual. Why, me taking over MaryAnne's rank would hardly be noticed for the most part.

Sorry for the dramatic license Brian but it's sometimes essential for motivation. Yes you're a cream puff, but I don't want to see Hazzardnet go to all cream and no puff.

I might be able to live with casual Fridays around the place but everyday... no.

Besides as a Strate and Game Warden, I couldn't live with myself knowing I didn't support my fellow officer. Its part of my character Brian, I took an oath to be a law enforcer when I came here. So to go against my fellow lawwoman and my friend is treason for me.

So forgive me for the exaggeration of the character of your rein IF you are promoted, but it's a handy motivator to get people to rally to my cause. It's nothing personal... It's just business...

By the way, speaking of business... How is that Barbie/Dukes crossover coming? Did you buy yourself any visual aids to help you with the writing process or you waiting for the Fairytopia DVD to show up in your Easter basket?

Val

A Dukes/Barbie crossover, oh my and I thought I came up with some twisted crossovers. I think that might even beat my Dukes/Rocky Horror Picture Show crossover. Though that is a tough call. LOL So what's the story count up to now with only a day to go, or two if we have until midnight on the ninth. Just what is the cutoff time for this? For those of you who have yet to submit a story that is. ;)

Mouse

After working my tail off on this for the last two days, I finally got my submission in. Talk about having it done by the skin of my teeth! One can say now that I've pitched in my part to stop Brian's uprising. :D

I would love to read the Fairytopia crossover, I am a fan of these computer generated films anyway. :)