"Cyck Cyck"

"Flash wants a doggie num num"

"What kind of fuels do fossils run off of?"

"Im gonna cuff em and stuff em!"

"Enos, you don't say go fish in rummie you dummie"

"You married my fat sister"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I caught another great Rosco moment today while watching 'Vance's Girl'. He's sitting on the car hood about to eat a hot dog.

*There's no dog in a hot dog, that's just what they're called.* He says this just after Flash 'woofs' at him and he is about to take a bite. I almost fell off my chair with laughter. Poor Rosco, never got to eat his hot dog either. But, that was a really cute moment. IMO. No wonder Rosco's so thin, between Boss Hogg and Flash, the poor guy never gets to eat anything. :D

I caught another great Rosco moment today while watching 'Vance's Girl'. He's sitting on the car hood about to eat a hot dog.

*There's no dog in a hot dog, that's just what they're called.* He says this just after Flash 'woofs' at him and he is about to take a bite. I almost fell off my chair with laughter. Poor Rosco, never got to eat his hot dog either. But, that was a really cute moment. IMO. No wonder Rosco's so thin, between Boss Hogg and Flash, the poor guy never gets to eat anything. :D

In my yard, we got three stray cats that hang around and it seems the male Tuxedo cat Socks never gets to eat either. There's Bandit she is a Calico but you can't tell all the time and she is expecting some little Bandits right now and she getting big now. And there is the little guy Tiger he is tiger-striped kitten maybe a year old now and between him and Bandit, Socks never gets to eat he's pretty thin as well.

• 1 month later...
glad you liked my added jokes on the dukes best to you

james best

or

rather rosco

Jimmie makes a good point. He adlibbed a lot of his lines. As he said on the CMT special, if the lines were good, the writers took credit for it. If they fell flat, they'd say "that SOB is adlibbing again!" LOL.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
This is also from "The Return of the Mean Green Machine"

It's Rosco speaking to Boss

"You're the only man I know that can steal a man's teeth....and then come back for the gums"

dont wanna offend any one but i remember one when Rosco was talking to Sherrif Little and Rosco says "its Coltrain there aint no 'brain' in it" i laughed so hard when he said that

From the show "One armed bandit", when Bo and Luke break Daisy out of jail and leave a dummy Daisy in the cell, and Enos comes out with the doll and rosco says" Judas priest on a pony, you can't even keep a bird in a cage"

That stuck with me for some reason, because he said it again in "The peoples choice", when this couple(forgot their name) were getting married on a moving truck and went by Rosco who was fixing a flat and said, "Judas priest on a pony", then said sorry preacher..hehehe

• 8 months later...

I love this one from "High Flyin' Dukes".

Rosco just got thrown out of a second floor window of the Hazzard Hotel.

There just happened to be a moving crew with a bunch of furniture on the street.

Rosco hit a mattress, bounced over his patrol car into Boss's arms. Boss then fell into an easy chair with Rosco in his lap. The chair then rolled across the street and stopped at a parking meter just as the red "Violation" sign popped up on the meter. Rosco then got out his ticket book while still in Boss's lap and Boss asked him what he was doing.

Rosco's response..."I'm writing you a ticket for overparking."

Hey dukefan, he's actually said that in several episodes. I liked it so much I used to have the episodes he said it in written down. To be truthful, I'm not sure how many times he said "ten ordinary men". Most of the time he just said "an ordinary man" so you might be right that "ten" was only from that episode.

In any event, that was a clever line. I wonder if it was originally the idea of a writer or James Best himself.

Hey dukefan, he's actually said that in several episodes. I liked it so much I used to have the episodes he said it in written down. To be truthful, I'm not sure how many times he said "ten ordinary men". Most of the time he just said "an ordinary man" so you might be right that "ten" was only from that episode.

In any event, that was a clever line. I wonder if it was originally the idea of a writer or James Best himself.

Lol Roger, I agree it was a clever line.:p I don't know if this counts as a quote, but thought it was funny...When Rosco was told not to catch the dukes, to let them be, then Rosco said

" Well, what do you need me for then Boss???"

And boss says;

"Rosco, I have been asking myself that very same questions, ever since I marry your fat sister, my wife LuLu..."

The face Rosco made was so funny...lol