Original Episode Airdate Order?

YouHush!

Hi, I have a question that's really bugging me. I'm currently watching my Season 2 dvd's and they are really getting aggravating!

I watched I don't know how many episodes so far, and they are all out of whack. They say that they were aired in that order that they list in the packaging, but if that is the case then They must be insane.

I watch an episode and it has Daisy's Car, and then I see an episode with her jeep, and then another episode with her car again, and then they wreck the car, and she gets the jeep for the first time, and then it goes to the Loretta Lynn episode and her car is back again, and then in season 3 there's an episode which I think is the Return of Hughie Hogg, which is blatantly obvious that it's from season 2, and there's no way it got aired during season 3 on it's original airdate. I can't believe that WB would release this thing when the episodes are so out of order. So my question is this. Some people say to watch the episodes in whatever order you want. So does anyone have a list of what ORDER the episodes SHOULD BE in? and not these stupid airdates, cuz you can't rely on them.

I bought these boxed sets so I could watch all the episodes from when I was a kid in chronological order, and so far it hasn't seemed anything close to chronological order. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I tried looking up a listing of airdates that would be anything close to the way they should be and came up with nothing. If I keep watching the episodes the way they are, which is OUT OF SYNC I'm gonna throw them out the window.

The air dates are correct, what you are looking for is the production number list. Try epguides =)

Please keep in mind Season 2 is when some episodes were juggled around in scheduling while some stuff was worked out behind the scenes with a few cast members. "Find Loretta Lynn" I believe is the one that was held for sweeps week. It's very easy to see how "Uncle Boss" ended up airing in season 3.

On a related topic note, DOH isn't too bad compared to "The Greatest American Hero" where you see the characters are married, yet the wedding doesn't take place until later in the season!

okay i'll try that thanks.

I just wanna be able to watch them next time around in the proper order, and not have to see that all over the place stuff storywise.

thanks for the help...

I went to the site you said, and there's nothing saying what date the episodes were produced on.

Kinda sucks. So basically if anyone wants to watch them in order, you'll have to take a guess at it, and write it down, what episodes make sense in what order, and all that.

they should have it on some site for people that want to know.

The air dates are correct, what you are looking for is the production number list. Try epguides =)

Please keep in mind Season 2 is when some episodes were juggled around in scheduling while some stuff was worked out behind the scenes with a few cast members. "Find Loretta Lynn" I believe is the one that was held for sweeps week. It's very easy to see how "Uncle Boss" ended up airing in season 3.

On a related topic note, DOH isn't too bad compared to "The Greatest American Hero" where you see the characters are married, yet the wedding doesn't take place until later in the season!

You are correct about Sweeps Week. The episodes are or seem out of order due to problems behind the scenes with some of the cast members. The dates on the box are correct air dates even though they are out of order.

I went to the site you said, and there's nothing saying what date the episodes were produced on.

From http://epguides.com/DukesofHazzard/ - copyrighted information author is Thomas D.L. Sisco.

Episode # Prod # Original Air Date Episode Title

You are correct there is not a production date, it's a number code...

example from page link: 166861 is One Armed Bandits.

You are correct about Sweeps Week. The episodes are or seem out of order due to problems behind the scenes with some of the cast members. The dates on the box are correct air dates even though they are out of order.

Thanks =)

okay, so how do i tell what order they go in with those numbers? is there any way of telling?

just curious

thanks

Example: 7th season- "Opening Night At The Boar's Nest" was the last episode 185517..., the rest of the season has the last digit(s) changed. That site does state people may have a copy for *personal use*.

Probably the easiest thing for anyone wanting to watch according to production order - write it out on note paper or print, highlight the ones where the numbers are out of order.

Okay I checked out that site, and went through all the numbers, and if it is correct then this is the proper order of the episodes for anyone interested in watching them in the proper order.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but if it isn't feel free to let me know. The thing is SO inaccurate on the dvds if this list is correct. I had to shuffle episodes all over the place. So anyway, here's the list. If you ask me, this paints a better picture of how a season SHOULD BE laid out. You start the season with a great episode like 10 Million Dollar Sheriff or Enos Strate To The Top, and end with a great episode like Carnival of Thrills part 1 & 2. They should rerelease the dvds in this order, but I doubt they will. And I just wanted to say thanks to Daney for your help. I really appreciate it. thanks a million!

The Dukes Of Hazzard: Original Production Date/Order List

Credit:Thomas D.L. Sisco

Season 1

1.One Armed Bandits

2.Daisy's Song

3.Repo Men

4.Mary Kaye's Baby

5.High Octane

6.Luke's Love Story

7.Swamp Molly

8.The Big Heist

9.Limo One Is Missing

10.Deputy Dukes

11.Route 7-11

12.Money To Burn

13.Double Sting

Season 2

1.The Meeting

2.Road Pirates

3.Find Loretta Lynn

4.Days Of Shine And Roses

5.Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough

6.Hazzard Connection

7.Uncle Boss (Aired In Season 3, But filmed in Season 2)

8.The Rustlers

9.The Ghost Of General Lee

10.People's Choice

11.Gold Fever

12.Witness For The Persecution

13.Granny Annie

14.Follow That Still

15.Duke Of Duke

16.The Runaway (The End Of Daisy's Car, Gets Jeep)

17.Arrest Jesse Duke

18.Treasure Of Hazzard

19.Officer Daisy Duke

20.Jude Emery

21.Return Of The Ridge Raiders

22.Mason Dixon's Girls

23.R.I.P. Henry Flatt

24.Southern Comfurts

25.Carnival Of Thrills Part 1 (Aired In Season 3, But filmed in Season 2)

26.Carnival Of Thrills Part 2 (Aired In Season 3, But filmed in Season 2)

Season 3

1.Enos Strate To The Top

2.Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane

3.The Late J.D. Hogg

4.And In This Corner, Luke Duke

5.The Hazzardville Horror

6.The Great Santa Claus Chase

7.Good Neighbors Duke

8.The Legacy

9.Duke Vs. Duke

10.My Son, Bo Hogg

11.To Catch A Duke

12.Along Came A Duke

13.State Of The County

14.The Return Of Hughie Hogg

15.Bye, Bye, Boss

16.The Canterbury Crock

17.The Hack Of Hazzard

18.By-Line, Daisy Duke

19.Dukescam Scam (Aired In Season 4, But filmed in Season 3)

20.The Great Hazzard Hijack

21.The Fugitive (Aired In Season 4, But filmed in Season 3)

Season 4

1.10 Million Dollar Sheriff Part 1

2.10 Million Dollar Sheriff Part 2

3.Sadie Hogg Day

4.Double Dukes

5.Trouble At Cooters

6.Hughie Hogg Strikes Again

7.Mrs Daisy Hogg

8.The Great Bank Robbery

9.Diamonds In The Rough

10.Coltrane vs. Duke

11.Goodbye General Lee

12.The Sound Of Music - Hazzard Style

13.Cletus Falls In Love

14.Shine On Hazzard Moon

15.Pin The Tail On The Dukes

16.Nothin' But The Truth

17.Dear Diary

18.Miz Tisdale On The Lamb

19.New Deputy In Town

20.Bird's Gotta Fly

21.Bad Day In Hazzard

22.Miss Tri-Counties

23.Share And Share Alike

24.The Law And Jesse Duke

25.Dukes In Danger

Season 5

1.The New Dukes

2.Dukes Strike It Rich (This was filmed first, but aired second as it should have)

3.Lawman Of The Year

4.Big Daddy

5.Coy Meets Girl

6.The Hazzardgate Tape

7.Vance's Lady

8.Hazzard Hustle

9.Enos In Trouble

10.A Little Game Of Pool

11.The Great Insurance Fraud

12.The Treasure Of Soggy Marsh

13.The Revenge Of Hughie Hogg

14.The Return Of The Mean Green Machine

15.Ding, Dong, The Boss Is Dead

16.Coy vs. Vance

17.Comrade Duke

18.Witness: Jesse Duke

19.Welcome Back Bo 'N' Luke

20.Big Brothers, Duke (Actually filmed as #19, but wouldn't make sense to watch it in that order.)

21.Farewell, Hazzard

22.Daisy's Shotgun Wedding

Season 6

1.Lulu's Gone Away

2.A Baby For The Dukes

3.Brotherly Love

4.Too Many Rosco's

5.Cooter's Girl

6.Enos's Last Chance

7.Undercover Dukes Part 1

8.Undercover Dukes Part 2

9.The Boar's Nest Bears

10.Boss Behind Bars

11.A Boy's Best Friend

12.Targets: Daisu And Lulu

13.Twin Trouble

14.High Flyin' Dukes (production # reads as 185133, but It Might be a typo that's really 185113, since there's no 185113.)

15.Heiress Daisy Duke

16.Dead And Alive

17.Play It Again, Luke

18.How To Succeed In Hazzard

19.The Fortune Tellers

20.Close Call For Daisy

21.The Ransom Of Hazzard County

22.Cooter's Confession

Season 7

1.Happy Birthday, General Lee

2.Dr. Jeckyll And Mr. Duke

3.Welcome, Waylon Jennings

4.No More Mr. Nice Guy

5.Robot P. Coltrane

6.Danger On Hazzard Express

7.Cool Hands, Luke & Bo

8.Go West, Young Dukes

9.The Dukes In Hollywood

10.Cale Yarborough Comes To Hazzard

11.Sittin' Dukes

12.Sky Bandits Over Hazzard

13.The Haunting Of J.D. Hogg

14.When You Wish Upon A Hogg

15.Strange Visotor To Hazzard

16.Enos And Daisy's Wedding

17.Opening Night At The Boar's Nest

Since posting those proper order dates I've been watching season 5 with Coy and Vance, and I remember that the second episode on the disc was filmed first according to the site. And what do ya know, it was correct. If you go and watch the second episode, which I think is called Dukes Strike It Rich, not sure though. You'll noticed that they had coy and vance dressed in the same clothes as Bo And Luke. Coy wore a yellow shirt, and Vance wore a blue plaid shirt. I guess after filming that episode they decided to not make them direct copies of Bo and Luke, and give them somewhat their own identities. So they changed the colours of their shirts. So in the rest you see Coy with a Blue shirt, and Vance in a yellow one, which is the direct opposite of what Bo and Luke wore.

it's a stupid bit of info, but I just thought I would share it since I found it kind of interesting.

• 14 years later...

Ty for posting this I'm gonna use this list. This list makes sense.   I'm currently on S2 and yea the DVD sets are way off in the episode order. As other sources had said the episodes were not filmed in order for them to land later on DVD. It would be cool to have them similar to this list put out by you on a re release blu ray / DVD series.