The use of the General's doors!

Enos Fan

I kid you not, I saw an episode where Luke actually climbed into the General in the conventional way (ie. opening the doors), and I was wondering if anyone could remember the episode name where that happened. I think it was in season 2 and they were using the bows and arrows or dynamite and he was running back to the car and they were about to take off before something blew up. I can't for the life of me remember the episode, though.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about and is there more than one episode where bloopers like that happened?

If I'm remembering correctly the episode your thinking of was called "The Days of Shine and Roses." Something like that anyway. Uncle Jesse and Boss Hogg were having a race to prove who was the best ridge runner. Boss had Rosco put up a fake detour sign to put Uncle Jesse behind. Bo and Luke swiped the sign, got ahead of their uncle, and put the sign up to get him back on track. The part with Luke using the door is when he puts the sign back up and is running for the hidden General Lee so Uncle Jesse wouldn't see him. They didn't want Uncle Jesse to know they were interferin' with Rosco's interferin'. Does that sound about right? If I've got it wrong let me know.

I don't remember this particular but maybe I simply don't see it.

The only occasion, up to now, I saw the guy open the doors of General Lee is in the episode "a million dollar sherif" when the bad man (don't remember the name but is the one Rosco payd to "take" the Dukes) made a copy of the car: Bo and Luke drove it, without knowing it's a false, and they realised it when tried to open the doors.

You're right. The episode is "Days of Shine & Roses." And yes, it is a blooper. It's in the part where Bo and Luke are tailing Rosco during the race, and they're trying to stop him from making Jesse lose the race. I forget which part it is exactly, but I know it shows Bo in the General from a front view, and you can see Luke fall into the passenger seat and just finish slamming the door shut. Just barely!

Thanks, now everything is clear. I remembered the season, just not the episode. Glad someone was able to clarify it. I really was confused on that. I know that there were copies of the General made where the people used the doors, but on the original, that was a bit odd to see. I had to rewind the DVD several times and even showed my husband, who didn't initially see it. It is a shot that is easy to miss, but somehow I caught it.

If I'm remembering correctly the episode your thinking of was called "The Days of Shine and Roses." Something like that anyway. Uncle Jesse and Boss Hogg were having a race to prove who was the best ridge runner. Boss had Rosco put up a fake detour sign to put Uncle Jesse behind. Bo and Luke swiped the sign, got ahead of their uncle, and put the sign up to get him back on track. The part with Luke using the door is when he puts the sign back up and is running for the hidden General Lee so Uncle Jesse wouldn't see him. They didn't want Uncle Jesse to know they were interferin' with Rosco's interferin'. Does that sound about right? If I've got it wrong let me know.

Yep! That's right. I just saw that one today! 8-)