A specific question, re.Uncle Jesse

Enos Fan

Hi everyone,

I have been working on touching up the ending of my DoH story, and I am now stumped. Can someone tell me please how Enos addresses Jesse? I know that Cletus has called him 'Uncle Jesse' and Jesse's reaction is 'I ain't your uncle Jesse'. I have heard Enos say 'Uncle Jesse', but not directly when the two characters are speaking to one another. Since I have always thought that Enos would be polite, I wrote that he called Jesse, 'Mr. Duke'. Does that sound about right?

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Much obliged. ;)

I think I'll have him call Jesse 'Mr. Duke'. Of course, I do like the 'Mr. Jesse', idea too. Maybe if I don't use it for this story, I'll use it for the next. I have a new idea swimming around in my head, and it's not Enos going swimming. ;)

The really fun bit with writing fan fiction and writing the name Jesse is that my last name is Jesse with an 'n' at the end. ;) Sometimes when writing, I have to check the work and make sure there are no 'Uncle Jessen's' in there. <g>

Actually, I believe Enos did usually call him "Uncle Jesse". It might be more polite perhaps to call him Mr Duke or such, but he did usually call him Uncle Jesse. He got to get away with it, and Cooter did too usually, but Cletus usually was told "I ain't yer Uncle Jesse!", though he tried.

~Lukas

I noticed that in season 2, and I actually decided to go another route in the story. I did notice, that Cooter was sometimes told 'I ain't your Uncle Jesse' too, and he would mumble about saying 'OK, Jesse.' I don't think Cooter ever called Jesse 'Mr. Duke', it either wasn't his style or it was mumbled to some extent. Of course, Cletus never got away with it, and Jesse would get really upset with him when he would call him that.

Maybe it was because Cletus was a Hogg, although he really didn't carry himself like one. I almost felt sorry for the guy.